Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meangirl815

VIP Member
My father in law died just after midnight 😥😥

Cancer, delayed treatment due to covid.

All I've said all year is i just wanted all of us to make it out alive. It just wasn't to be

As horrible as this sounds i now have to hope my kids primary school opens as planned otherwise i can't go to the funeral.

We are tier 4. Are we even allowed funerals? My head hurts. My heart hurts.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Rodney2208

VIP Member
I’m hearing more and more people getting vaccines so I’m hoping we’re on the right track 🤞 the relief the elderly must feel must be amazing, spending their last few years in lockdown on their own is just a horrible thought.
My Mum took my Nanna for hers (in her bubble) and Mum said she was all dressed up as it was a special occasion. It made my heart hurt ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53

Meh

Chatty Member
Totally agree. I’ve driven myself into the ground supporting colleagues in all kinds of home situations over the past year, and when I think of the fights I’ve fought to get support for staff the way the OP been treated has made me furious - that is just so wrong and they should escalate this.
Completely agree! I’m furious reading how OP has been treated!

Never ever forget: this is YOUR HOME, not their workplace. They have absolutely no right to reprimand you for a member of your household being in their house!!! 😡😡 If your MIL was walking into their meeting rooms on their office space, okay. However, your MIL clearly has care needs and you’re her carer. As your employer they should be offering you support. Absolutely livid for OP!

We have 2 managers (weird split team set up) and the first thing one of them said was never to apologise for not being on camera or if your children, family members, pets etc “interrupt” I apologised once for my cats jumping into frame and he stopped me mid sentence to highlight this is MY house and not my employers work space. He feels quite passionately about this. Which is amazing to have a boss like that. OP take this further, do not let it lie. Remember, if your company really can’t take you being interrupted they could offer you flexible hours, part or full furlough, changes to meeting times that work around your care duties etc.

This behaviour is sexism alive and well. Women hold most care responsibilities for vulnerable family members, women are expected to “do the childcare” and homeschooling when kids are off. I appreciate there will be examples of Dads being amazing. However, make no mistake, women still carry this burden and employers disciplining women this way is another form of sexist behaviour. Led by policy that benefits men. Again.

I am away to burn my bra 😂😳

• Heart
Reactions: 51

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
It is going to be a while before the vaccine has a noticeable effect, currently we have given 1M the first dose. While that is a great milestone to hit it is only about 1.5% of the population, so we still have a while to go before enough people are vaccinated and transmission is reduced.
I cannot for the life of me work out why vaccinating NHS workers, care home workers, teachers etc is not the priority. I understand the elderly / vulnerable take up the most space in hospitals but what's the point in having the hospitals / care homes if the staff are not there. They need to start vaccinating NHS staff, care home workers and teachers ASAP so these essential roles can be continued...

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Gembo

VIP Member
Does anyone ever think about in, I don’t know maybe 10-20 years time, when there are books and films and enquiries about all of this and all the things we are going to find out?

Reactions: 35

MissPoppyFourPaws

Latest update re my 91 years young Dad ......
He was discharged yesterday, came home with a Zimmer frame. Looks knackered, but still has his spark for life, and sense of humour!
Carers will be three times daily (I'm still popping in, masked and shouting, as his hearing is just as bad), and the assessor told him in no uncertain terms that he needed a stair lift. As she said, his brain and mind are all there, but the body parts are a little tired. Carers are here for the next fortnight as they're part of the discharge service (tho they were surprised that he'd been discharged with only two hours notice), and after that, we will sort something out privately. The assessor made it clear that he needs help because I'm not well enough to step up yet, and he understands that. So, with a second Zimmer frame purchased this morning (complete with caddy at the front), a Keysafe relocated from our house to his, Sky Sports, acknowledgement from him that he really could do with a Blue Badge application, a Tesco delivery, and his own bed ..... well, I think that we'll be ok. He also unwrapped our Christmas hamper to him, and was dead chuffed with his rosé wine bag and variety of nibbles.
He didn't grump when I said that Stannah are coming on Monday, and hopefully the plumber will be here asap, so it's all good to go. And I'm not rushing back to work. Thank you so much everyone for your support, wishing a brighter and calmer New Year to you all 🙂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
Is anyone else feeling really lonely even if they don’t live alone? My partner and I haven’t been getting along, we’ve barely been speaking since before Christmas. I feel so stuck here, no one to talk to to pass the time. I can’t even see friends or family. I hate speaking on the phone (maybe due to social anxiety and I hate bothering people). I’ve not told anybody because I don’t want to be a burden. I feel guilty complaining as I know many people are truly alone, but in a way I’d almost prefer that. At least I could bubble with someone and I could do my own thing without feeling like I’m walking on eggshells all the time. Just feeling sorry for myself today. ☹

• Sad
  • Heart

Meh

Chatty Member
Feeling pretty fed up. Myself and OH had to go for a test this evening, hoping to get the results back ASAP.

He’s been feeling a wee bit tired, fatigued and run down the last couple days. He said more like a bad cold- aches and headache, sore throat and chest feeling but no coughing, fever or taste/smell.

Tonight he started to feel pretty hot and cold so I happened to check our temps and he was at flipping 37.9 😭😳 so off for a test we went. He’s started coughing only ever so slightly on the last couple hours.

I’m absolutely shitting myself he has it 😭 He’s went into proper internal freak out mode as he’s a worrier. I’m trying to be the calm, reasoned one but I want to scream.

• Sad
  • Heart

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I cried at work today. Our staffing is being hit hard and they are talking about redeployment. If anyone wants to go on about empty hospitals they can fuck the fuck off 😘

• Sad
  • Heart

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
My Mum took my Nanna for hers (in her bubble) and Mum said she was all dressed up as it was a special occasion. It made my heart hurt ❤
My grandad got dressed up too! He said he wore his best shoes. Melts my heart how big of a deal this is for the elderly and how they are dressing fancy for it!

• Heart
  • Sad

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
I really don’t know how Boris Johnson hasn’t shown his face and addressed what the bloody hell is going on. I don’t for one minute believe that any government could sail smoothly through a pandemic but our leadership is absolutely abysmal. It’s fucking embarrassing. They really need to get their head out of their asses and starting putting the motions in to do the one thing they are meant to do: keeping us safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

CosmicCreepers

Chatty Member
Has anyone else realised how selfish some of their friends are? I don't mean flaunting the rules through a loophole, I mean theyve actually gone out of their way to just be as "normal" as possible. I truly am shocked, these are people I respected so much who literally don't care and seem to think they're above anyone else. I've even approached them about it and their answer is "It's affecting my mental health" as if no one is struggling just as bad or worse! It's really made me reevaluate some of my friendships, I've really tried to make excuses for them for months but it's now obvious they're doing it because they don't care.

None of us want this, none of us want to be separated from the people we love but if it means coming out of this with them still here then so be it. My patience is really wearing thin with them now. Sorry for the rant I'm just so fed up.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

nbt

VIP Member
In other news, my Grandma signed up to an e-card website this year and has been sending them to everyone at EVERY given opportunity. Of course, we received one for New Year...

“...hoping 2021 is healthier for everyone and we manage to see you again”

I’m REALLY hoping she just missed the word soon off the end of that sentence 😂 it did make me laugh more than anything, bless her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29