Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Another bad day today. Think it was triggered by the most boring NYE of my life (and I don’t even like NYE!). I woke up this morning thinking what’s the point of even getting out of bed. It’s like fucking Groundhog Day. It’s doing my swede in now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I've got that agitated feeling again, similar to the end of March when we were just waiting for lockdown and there was all that speculation build up.

I'm in Tier 4 and at this point am fully expecting an announcement tomorrow that Primary Schools are to remain closed.

I had a phone call today from a friend who had recieved news that a relative of their's had died overnight from Covid. They lived in London, died at home quite suddenly (they had tested positive in the last week). They were late thirties with only mild asthma.

Like others I feel odd at the moment. I'm usually so optimistic but it just all seems so bleak. Endless time stretching out in front of us with no real idea of when it will improve, yet alongside it the unsettling feeling that things are going to get worse in the short term.

I'm looking forward to going back to work on Monday. I've missed the routine over Christmas. I keep reminding myself that I am fortunate in so many ways but because the feeling of bleakness isn't linked to my own personal circumstances but rather the state of the world due to Covid and the consequences of it, it's hard to overcome it, if that makes sense.

I hope people don't mind me sharing. The last thing I'd want is to make people feel more anxious but there's no one I can really talk to about it. I tried to explain it to my husband but his response was basically that that's just how it is, suck it up. Which obviously I realise is kind of true but it wasn't very helpful!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
A year to the day since China rang up the WHO and told them there was a weird flu like virus in wuhan

and also that they had a special offer on the bat and basil soup/chihuahua toastie combo throughout the month of January

• Haha

JLXRD

VIP Member
My mum lives in an area which has just moved to Tier 3. She has booked to go on a staycation type thing for her birthday in Jan and is adamant she is still going because she needs a holiday. I am losing the will to keep telling her why she needs to stay at home.

Bare in mind that in 2020 she visited Canada, New York (both pre covid), Italy, Turkey, Greece x 2 and France. I think she will survive.

She also is now furious I have said I definitely now can’t see her on 10th Jan as I am now in Tier 4, apparently it’s just an excuse for me 🙄

(I mean it is the perfect excuse haha but ALSO it’s not allowed. What does she not get about that)

• Sad
  • Haha
To start at the beginning, maybe not treat the general public with contempt by not being truthful about what was to come (they knew)? The gov should have shown better leadership early on, especially Boris. Not play it down and let super spreading events happen in March? The UK has one of the worst death tolls in Europe, I’d have liked them to have taken it seriously from the start. I don’t think that’s too much to ask!
This 👏
We were warned by other countries who had their first wave before ours (e.g Italy) what would be coming and they didn’t listen.
also a prime minister who shows his face would be good...

prinnygrace

VIP Member
The numbers at the minute are horrific. I just wish we would have a 12 week strict lockdown (like April time) when absolutely everything closed, roads were really quiet, everyone worked from home rather than some offices letting people in (mine are currently leaving it up to us if we go in or WFH). Then a massive massive push on vaccinations in that 12 weeks. This whole wish washy lockdown tier system just isn't working!

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
We hoped the March lockdown would let us learn what to do. I just feel like we have rewound back to 2020 and will relive it all again. It's disgusting that Boris and the education secretary have not even made an announcement with people needing to make arrangements in less than 48 hours.

I have no joy for this new year. I feel so flat.

• Sad

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I think we need a March lockdown (no the range open, no WHSmith etc, only supermarkets/pharmacies.. proper essential retail) with a curfew in place. I don’t want it, I’d really bloody struggle in another one but I do think it’s needed with the cases so wildly out of control right now. But I do think compliance would be far far less than in March due to lost trust in our shitshow government. I’m not sure what they could really do to enforce it.
Places like b&m and home bargains need to shut too. I know they sell food but you can get all that from the supermarkets. Keeping them open just encourages people to go for a mooch as it's something to do.

Gembo

VIP Member
Don’t wanna sound too weird but so excited to watch the films on this and be like UM I LIVED THROUGH THIS DRAMATIC EVENT 🙋🏻‍♀️ to my future kids. Haha.

But yes I’m sure loads of dodgy shit will come out too.
I’ve had a glass of Baileys and am a lightweight and just thought ‘I wonder who will play me’ then realised I won’t be in it 😄😄

But seriously when the enquiries take place like they have about historical things before it’s going to be interesting but I also think quite scary. I sincerely, SINCERELY, hope governments learn from this so we won’t won’t be knocked to the floor by another pandemic, whether that’s in my lifetime or not.

• Haha

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Sending love to all those struggling 💓 I too have felt a dip in my mental health lately. The future seems so bleak, nothing to look forward to. No joy in life anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Happyvalley

VIP Member
Moved into Tier 4 again from midnight and this time I feel so down! Can’t see an end to it all. I’m really trying hard to focus on the positives and am so grateful for mine and my family’s health but wow I really do feel shit at the moment. Sick of working from home, having no social life, missing holidays and birthday celebrations. Excuse my rant, just generally feeling sorry for myself and my children.

• Heart
  • Sad

SavvyBee

VIP Member
Just a reminder that they are living their lives as normal in New Zealand. They must look at us in Europe and the USA and wonder how we managed to make such a hash of it.

I really don’t think the constant comparison with NZ is fair. They’re an island miles away from many other countries other than Australia. They don’t live in the same density we do here even in their cities. More people use the London Underground in a week than live in their whole country and they shut their borders almost instantly. We should have introduced stronger measures at the borders but in a country where we have so many international residents and workers and free movement within the EU it’s just not as simple. Not to say I’m not a bit envious of those there but it’s not an apples for apples comparison.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
How dare Boris tell parents is safe to send their kids to school! He has so much fucking blood on his hands, how does he sleep at night?!

• Angry
Got my covid jab booked for next week, anyone whos had it how did you feel after?
I had mine this morning, feeling grand so far! Currently undergoing research into the effects of drinking prosecco after vaccination, also going well so far 😂🎉

• Haha

Tublet83

VIP Member
In brighter news my father in law has his covid vaccine this week - he’s in priority group no 3!

• Heart
This government is truly horrific. It is so frustrating and unfair that people, young and old, are making so many sacrifices only for their efforts and diligence to be undermined by the government's shameless dilly-daddling. We've been in and out of lockdown what seems like every week, forcing to stop and restart our lives constantly and making us live in a state of anxiety. There is no clear guidance, no leadership and not even one damn apology for their sheer incompetence.
They've allegedly known about this new strain since SEPTEMBER - why did they continue to open up the country? Why did they let kids go back to school and have only now - in 2021 - started to support children for remote learning at home? Why did they let young people go into uni halls only to be locked in so that landlords could take their money and then stay silent on the suicides that have happened in accommodations? Why do they announce everything last minute? Why do they not do more to shut down covid conspirators - some of which are literally still sitting in their cabinet? It is ridiculous and is costing lives and livelihoods. Meanwhile, borders are still open with no testing so that the lucky ones can go fly to the Maldives or Dubai to infect their populace too and escape this hellscape.

:(

Reactions: 22