Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My father in law died just after midnight šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

Cancer, delayed treatment due to covid.

All I've said all year is i just wanted all of us to make it out alive. It just wasn't to be

As horrible as this sounds i now have to hope my kids primary school opens as planned otherwise i can't go to the funeral.

We are tier 4. Are we even allowed funerals? My head hurts. My heart hurts.
So sorry to hear this news.

I checked funerals for tier 4 yesterday and numbers allowed remain at 30, like tier 3. This number does not include funeral staff.

Only 6 people are allowed to attend scattering of ashes should that be relevant to your situation in coming weeks.

Sending love x

• Heart
Reactions: 4

All I've said all year is i just wanted all of us to make it out alive. It just wasn't to be

As horrible as this sounds i now have to hope my kids primary school opens as planned otherwise i can't go to the funeral.

So sorry for your loss šŸ’™

Reactions: 4

So sorry to hear this. Sending love and care. Youā€™re in my thoughts x

Reactions: 3
Hancock said yesterday anyone that was due to get their second dose before 4th Jan would still get it all others will be re issued a new appointment .
Ah, sheā€™s due her second one on the 7th, we will wait and see whenā€™s sheā€™s contacted šŸ˜«

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Iā€™m hearing more and more people getting vaccines so Iā€™m hoping weā€™re on the right track šŸ¤ž the relief the elderly must feel must be amazing, spending their last few years in lockdown on their own is just a horrible thought.

Reactions: 13
Theyā€™ve started vaccinating in my area now at a gp surgery. Causing a bit of havoc with the traffic in the area due to lack of parking and presumably people coming from wider areas to be vaccinated but seems to be running smoothly so far.

The other day someone booked a test only to get there and find the test centre closed, turned out all the staff had to isolate. Thatā€™s fine but the booking site needs to be updated more quickly when these things happen as it forces people to make pointless journeys when they may be positive. At least vaccine roll out, although slow seems to be going slightly more smoothly than testing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m hearing more and more people getting vaccines so Iā€™m hoping weā€™re on the right track šŸ¤ž the relief the elderly must feel must be amazing, spending their last few years in lockdown on their own is just a horrible thought.
My Mum took my Nanna for hers (in her bubble) and Mum said she was all dressed up as it was a special occasion. It made my heart hurt ā¤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I didnā€™t want to write before as didnā€™t want to sound like a complainer but my husbands Grandma got her vaccine on the 15th of December and whilst Iā€™m so glad she got it, it was a bit of a shambles.

Bare in mind she is 83, vulnerable and has muscle weakness, she got there 10 minutes before her appointment time and had to join a 45 minute queue outside in the cold with no seating. She wasnā€™t in a big coat or anything as she thought she would just be in the car and then in the doctors surgery.

Iā€™m so happy and grateful they are rolling out the vaccine but I donā€™t really think that was acceptable, and she definitely wouldnā€™t be the most vulnerable there.

Also a bit concerned her husband hasnā€™t been offered it yet when he is 89, has had 3 strokes and is also very vulnerable due to his medication. Iā€™m sure he will be offered soon but I would have thought itā€™d be the same time tbh.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Simple politics have recently posted that second jabs will be postponed.

I assume you will be contacted to confirm

View attachment 365597
Hmm haven't seen that last line, that you'll get which vaccine you're given, before.

Sorry but no, I'll let you stab me with the Oxford one that's based on decades old technology, and am happy to take my chances with whether it works or not; but I'm not having the alien technology Pfizer one that hardly anyone understands and can't possibly know the long term effects of such modifications yet. They can give that one to the more desperate 80 and 90 year olds and the braver guinea pigs.

What happened to consent, surely I can consent to receiving one vaccine but not the other if I want to, in the same way that my GP can strongly advise certain specific medicines and inocculations but I still get to read up and consent before taking them if I so choose.

Reactions: 2
I'm fed up with people justifying only meeting one or two others in their house because in their eyes it isn't a problem like a big house party .Just saw a neighbour drive along pick up her pal and drive away neither had masks on. I only go out to walk dog and get food shopping essentials yet people around us post pictures of being in each others houses šŸ˜”. Don't know where Nicola Sturgeon is getting the idea that the majority are sticking to the rules because it's not the case here
Because the rules imposed by Nicola Sturgeon are not backed up by public health facts. The majority of deaths in Scotland are a result of people either catching it in a care home setting or a hospital setting. More people under 60 will have died from suicide in Scotland this year than have died from Covid.

My Mum took my Nanna for hers (in her bubble) and Mum said she was all dressed up as it was a special occasion. It made my heart hurt ā¤
My grandad got dressed up too! He said he wore his best shoes. Melts my heart how big of a deal this is for the elderly and how they are dressing fancy for it!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
Here in South Africa it's ten past 3 on a very hot and sunny afternoon; and yet most of Johannesburg is quite muted.

Our police chief has demanded there will be no celebrations come midnight tonight - no parties, no fireworks, no booze, no cheering etc. He wants us to respect the curfew (stay indoors between 9pm and 6am without exception other than key workers)

My parents and I have a BBQ planned for later this evening, but it seems the police will be out in force making sure everyone is off the streets, as well as people having private parties in their private back gardens - apparently they have the right to enter your garden and confiscate anything they don't like, as well as arresting you if they think you pose a threat, or smell of alcohol!

Police state or what!

I miss England :(
@Pixipoppy How the hell is that "funny"?

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Hmm haven't seen that last line, that you'll get which vaccine you're given, before.

Sorry but no, I'll let you stab me with the Oxford one that's based on decades old technology, and am happy to take my chances with whether it works or not; but I'm not having the alien technology Pfizer one that hardly anyone understands and can't possibly know the long term effects of such modifications yet. They can give that one to the more desperate 80 and 90 year olds and the braver guinea pigs.

What happened to consent, surely I can consent to receiving one vaccine but not the other if I want to, in the same way that my GP can strongly advise certain specific medicines and inocculations but I still get to read up and consent before taking them if I so choose.
If you want to be specific on which one you get, then I guess go private and pay for it. If everyone put their request in it would cause chaos.

Reactions: 8

I donā€™t agree with some of what you say ā€œthey can give that one to the more desperate 80 and 90 year olds and the braver guinea pigsā€.

But I do agree that I have concerns about the Pfizer long term effects and would prefer to have the Oxford vaccine.

Wonā€™t most of us end up with the Oxford one anyway simply due to the fact we have ordered 2.5x more doses of it? (And itā€™s cheaper šŸ˜…)

Reactions: 11
Really hope people donā€™t mingle tonight - whatā€™s the big deal about NYE anyway!?

I wonder what will happen with the Tier review on the 13th January (day before my birthday šŸ™„). Wonder if my bday present will be a full lockdown while the jab roll-out is underway? That way people arenā€™t mixing but immunity is growing.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I donā€™t agree with some of what you say ā€œthey can give that one to the more desperate 80 and 90 year olds and the braver guinea pigsā€.

But I do agree that I have concerns about the Pfizer long term effects and would prefer to have the Oxford vaccine.
Iā€™d hope they wouldnā€™t mix the vaccines anyway they even said there was no data on that as theyā€™ve yet to even try it

Really hope people donā€™t mingle tonight - whatā€™s the big deal about NYE anyway!?

I wonder what will happen with the Tier review on the 13th January (day before my birthday šŸ™„). Wonder if my bday present will be a full lockdown while the jab roll-out is underway? That way people arenā€™t mixing but immunity is growing.
I hope so too. I saw this earlier
Screenshot_20201231-111942_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 7
Iā€™d hope they wouldnā€™t mix the vaccines anyway they even said there was no data on that as theyā€™ve yet to even try it
Someone asked that question yesterday to the scientists and they confirmed they wouldnā€™t mix the vaccines. Whichever one you have is the same for both doses.
I would prefer the Oxford one but understand that we wonā€™t necessarily get that choice, logistically itā€™s a nightmare anyway without choice from fussy buggers like me thrown into the mix as well! šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Haha
Someone asked that question yesterday to the scientists and they confirmed they wouldnā€™t mix the vaccines. Whichever one you have is the same for both doses.
I would prefer the Oxford one but understands that we wonā€™t necessarily get that choice, logistically itā€™s a nightmare anyway without choice from fussy buggers like me thrown into the mix as well! šŸ˜‚
Well itā€™s just if thereā€™s ingredients in both that can potentially cause a reaction mixing them doesnā€™t seem like a good idea unless thereā€™s enough data to back it up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.