Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #72

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yup. Frothing raging gammon as seen on Question Time. As a millennial im a bit sick of constantly being blamed for everything and being told I’m a ‘snowflake‘ or a bleeding heart lefty liberal for actually caring about people other than myself and wanting to live in a nicer, more tolerant kinder world. What’s so bad about that?
I'm sick of it, too. Those of us that went to uni are up to our eyeballs in debt, we can't afford houses until we're about 50, we're now on our second "once in a lifetime" recession. But yeh, come on, blame us for everything and say we're snowflakes when we stand up and say biggotry is wrong / people deserve a living wage / we don't want to leave the EU.

Reactions: 21
Heard the news this morning stamps were going up by 9p.
Also didn realise so many shops were shut today so that was a waste of a drive

New years already off to a bad start 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Advise needed. It's quite confusing.

4yr old son and 6yr old daughter had to isolate from 10 Dec due to cases in their school classes. 4yr olds best friend was the case. 4yr old never showed symptoms and negative test result 18th Dec (tested via Zoe study)
6yr old tested positive none of key symptoms. No direct contact (brother of 4yr old was that year group case but other class in year group to my child) so my daughter MUST have caught it from my 4yr old son.

My 4yr old now has a REALLY bad persistent cough. Do i presume he had it back on the 16th (test date) and the neg test was wrong and this is the lingering cough? Will school accept him back with that explanation? Do i need to test him again?

I hope this makes sense 🤔🙈

Reactions: 2
Advise needed. It's quite confusing.

4yr old son and 6yr old daughter had to isolate from 10 Dec due to cases in their school classes. 4yr olds best friend was the case. 4yr old never showed symptoms and negative test result 18th Dec (tested via Zoe study)
6yr old tested positive none of key symptoms. No direct contact (brother of 4yr old was that year group case but other class in year group to my child) so my daughter MUST have caught it from my 4yr old son.

My 4yr old now has a REALLY bad persistent cough. Do i presume he had it back on the 16th (test date) and the neg test was wrong and this is the lingering cough? Will school accept him back with that explanation? Do i need to test him again?

I hope this makes sense 🤔🙈
I would say as he is now displaying symptoms he need another test. There is nothing to say your 6 yr old could it from another source (undetected) and your 4yr old caught it from the 6yr old.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I've just come across this news article, what the hell is wrong with zlisters?

Thinking they could take the piss out of countries like that. The cutting of the bands is even worse and the fact that they then got in a taxi potentially infecting the taxi driver who could of then later transferred it to his family or anyone who got in the cab after. Also for them to risk going on an 8hour flight with recycled air ventilation infecting the whole flight. I hope they get locked up and made an example of !!

Reactions: 28
so schools are closed here until the 11th,
child care is to remain open.....

but no no no. Some facilities decide on New Year’s Day to send a round robin telling all parents that (even though they’ve been paid for the week well in advance) they won’t be reopening until the 11th due to the rising numbers and risk 😐

taking the actual piss!!!
I don’t want to offend any nursery staff on here but they’re one of the least at risk, children under 4 are not likely to spread the virus!

but parents now have to juggle childcare for school age and nursery age because of laziness and their need for another week off.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
so schools are closed here until the 11th,
child care is to remain open.....

but no no no. Some facilities decide on New Year’s Day to send a round robin telling all parents that (even though they’ve been paid for the week well in advance) they won’t be reopening until the 11th due to the rising numbers and risk 😐

taking the actual piss!!!
I don’t want to offend any nursery staff on here but they’re one of the least at risk, children under 4 are not likely to spread the virus!

but parents now have to juggle childcare for school age and nursery age because of laziness and their need for another week off.
I think this is an incredibly gross view. If you think all childcare workers care about is wanting time off because they are lazy that clearly says more about how you view the profession than then.

Childcare providers are having just as much of a difficult time juggling absences, restrictions and last minute changes to policy as schools are.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Well this was pretty uncalled for and judgemental. You may not agree with it, but I’m sure you’re aware we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and safety is paramount.

Reactions: 15
I think this is an incredibly gross view. If you think all childcare workers care about is wanting time off because they are lazy that clearly says more about how you view the profession than then.

Childcare providers are having just as much of a difficult time juggling absences, restrictions and last minute changes to policy as schools are.
The facility I’m talking about (and two others I’ve heard of) cut their “opening hours” by an hour, apparently 8am is peak spreading time,
they finished up for Christmas holidays 3 days early, due..... to covid 😐

they haven’t changed the number of children but they’ve increased fees.... you guessed it, due to covid.

and this is an expensive school, I do feel they’re taking in piss, the generalisation might be wrong, not all are bad, not all are good either 😐

Well this was pretty uncalled for and judgemental. You may not agree with it, but I’m sure you’re aware we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and safety is paramount.
they are deemed safe to stay open.

Reactions: 1
I see the NEU are holding an emergency meeting tomorrow regarding Monday's opening.
Is there a possibility of strike action does anyone think?

Link to Facebook post..

Reactions: 5
I see the NEU are holding an emergency meeting tomorrow regarding Monday's opening.
Is there a possibility of strike action does anyone think?

Link to Facebook post..

First time I have ever said heard NEU say they actually want schools open 😂

so childcare is dangerous and should close? Are there many outbreaks linked to childcare settings?
You’ll have to ask BoJo that question. My issue was with you calling childcare workers lazy and accusing them of just wanting another week off. I don’t even work in childcare but I know how damned hard they work and they wouldn’t make this decision just for another week off.

Reactions: 10
Is anyone else feeling really lonely even if they don’t live alone? My partner and I haven’t been getting along, we’ve barely been speaking since before Christmas. I feel so stuck here, no one to talk to to pass the time. I can’t even see friends or family. I hate speaking on the phone (maybe due to social anxiety and I hate bothering people). I’ve not told anybody because I don’t want to be a burden. I feel guilty complaining as I know many people are truly alone, but in a way I’d almost prefer that. At least I could bubble with someone and I could do my own thing without feeling like I’m walking on eggshells all the time. Just feeling sorry for myself today. ☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.