Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Barbie2020

VIP Member
I’ve been so lucky (touch wood) to have no one close to me have corona virus. I do believe my partner could have had it at the beginning of the year but not 100%. I am not overly concerned about the virus but being as sensible as possible and trying to make the most out of life and not hide away. We did decide to cancel our holiday in September just because we didn’t feel it was sensible to fly to another country in the current situation. However I am more concerned about everything else that it is now affecting. The economy and how much of a mess a lot of us are going to be in without jobs. Mental health is at an all time high. (I’ve always suffered with various issues but has got worse due to lockdown) It upsets me every time I hear someone has ended their life due to struggling with this year 😞 People with cancer and other illnesses have been left behind which is just awful! The worst thing for me is I heard about a lady who had to give birth to her stillborn baby at 26weeks without her partner there because of the virus which is just absolutely disgusting and makes me so upset that there is women going through that! At what point do all these people become just as important? I understand how scary the virus is but I think the aftermath of it is going to be much worse!

• Sad
Reactions: 16

Jamhead

VIP Member
Do you think that right now Boris, Hancock and Whitty might be having the exact same conversation in their watsapp group?! 🤔😄
sorry just trying to lighten the mood, the thought made me smile
Yes!!! And then Rishi pops in amongst it asking if anyones been to the cinema 🤣🤣 @coconochanel 😂 cracked me up!

Local lockdowns remind me of class detentions, when 1 or 2 people are titting around but everyone gets punished.
I think long term, assuming this does go on for a while, the government need to to come down harder on the 1 or 2 that are titting about. So they get the detention as it were and everyone else who follows the rules can carry on as normal. I know it takes man power to enforce fines but create the jobs and people will fill them.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
I really wish we were still having briefings, at least once a week. Just felt so much more in the loop of what’s going on and what rules are what. I hate having to try and look and find out for myself and find what media sources are right and wrong. The government are nowhere to be seen anymore.
It is daft they stopped them. Even once a week round up with the information we need would be good.

Reactions: 15

mindlessness

VIP Member
No-one ever said "I'm never leaving my house because I might catch a cold", did they?
Eh, the difference is I know what a cold does to my body, and I know it is highly unlikely to leave me or my loved ones with ongoing health conditions.

I don't know what Covid might do to my body, what conditions it might leave me with, or whether I would be unlucky and die.

I agree it's unhealthy to live in fear. But some caution is warranted IMO.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I am more than ready for this to be a distant memory now. Honestly, my mental health has hit the skids big time since lockdown. Restrictions are being loosened but the damage is done. I’m with those saying that we need to get back to being a fully functioning society. I will never be one to downplay the severity of Covid, I’ve seen what it does to vulnerable people and it has been devastating, but existing without really living and with the threat and worry hanging over your head day and night is simply no life imo. Something has got to give.

And yes, I still wash my hands until they’re raw and maintain my distance as much as possible, before anyone asks.

• Heart
  • Sad

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Highly likely at this stage considering schools have just gone back it will be an isolated case or they'll see a couple more pop up with it.
Definitely don't think it will spread like wildfire at the moment.
Hopefully parent and child make a
So many people are speaking sense on here today! We can’t stop living because of this virus and we will get back to normal life! How can we possibly live like this forever? There literally would be no jobs left. Just because some of us are trying to get back to normal doesn’t mean we don’t wear masks or wash our hands. If you are vulnerable then don’t go out it if scares you that much and if you are willing to stay inside until a vaccine that’s totally your choice. On the other end of it we’ve got people losing jobs and not being able to afford food to feed their families and worrying about keeping a roof over their head. Should we be ok with all the people who are in this situation? Should we be fine with the mental health crisis we are facing? Sick of people making us try to feel bad about wanting to get back to how life used to be.
I have had to catch up with about 10 pages of this thread this afternoon but this post is the best thing that I have read!!

I am classed as vulnerable because I am pregnant but I am going out and living life as normally as possible in this situation. I have 2 small children and a husband that works long hours so I can’t just stay wrapped up at home. Yes I wear a mask, wash my hands, keep my distance but otherwise I’m trying to carry on.

There are risks with every element of normal life even before covid. In 2018 there were 160,500 deaths related to traffic accidents but still 33 million people hold driving licences. Yes covid is a risk to the vulnerable but so are many other things! And before this, there weren’t significant numbers of people shielding in their homes.

Its not even fact that there’s ever going to be a successful vaccine, then what? We can’t possibly live as we are at the moment forever. There would be no economy, no jobs, no homes, horrific poverty. Deaths in the millions through this poverty. Millions of deaths of people who have had treatment, tests etc put on the backburner or people who have struggled to see a doctor. Suicides... it just doesn’t bear thinking about. Whilst I’m desperately sorry to everyone who has been affected by this, and have lost family members, at what point do we say that person is more worth saving than another?

• Heart

VIP Member
Bit late in the day but I was hearing about the mass panic from holidaymakers crapping their pants because they NEED to get home to avoid a 2 week quarantine.

MY opinion on the subject, People must have known countries might get added to the UK's Covid quarantine list but they went on holiday and took a chance which has backfired. Now people are spending over the top prices to get back home to avoid 2 weeks in quarantine. Why the mad dash? why not finish the holiday and come home and obey the quarantine? Taking a holiday abroad is risky enough as it is, IDK!!!

memoii11

VIP Member
Sorry to lower the tone, but does anyone else keep accidently reading ONS as one night stand or just me?! 😂

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I have just seen an image of someone’s a level results. They got A’s in their mocks, was predicted an A*, what grades did they end up with? CBB.

What an utter shambles these poor kids.

• Sad

Jg182

Anyone else feel covid has jusg massively messed with their life plans.
Been in a job I was ok in for a few years.. covid hit and furloughed. Mental health took a toll, end of July made redundant.
we are suppose to be starting ivf soon, myjob was being totally supportive and my manager very understanding and great.
Now I desperately want another job so my mental health doesnt keep going down hill. But how am I suppose to start a new job then go straight into ivf. Can’t help but just feel angry with the whole situation.
I know a lot of people have had a far worse time over covid. But my life was just getting back on track after loosing both parents and my business I loved so much

• Sad

Titntat

VIP Member
Just saw a British tourist on a TUI holiday to Corfu has tested positive ,it was a random test done when they arrived and the results were to be known within 24 hrs but didn't come back for 4 days ,the person and their family have now been put into isolation but because they were mixing freely for the 4 days Greek authorities are considering weather the staff and other holiday makers should isolate ,as well as the people on the same plane ....what a shit show that would be you're whole holiday in isolation :confused:
One of my co workers is there now. I hope its her 🙈 Dont want her to get poorly, but she was being a braggy bitch about going on holiday so iscolation whilst on holiday would really shit on her chips.

• Haha

Gembo

VIP Member
I am aware that this is going to sound incredibly negative but has anyone else just written off the rest of this year? I’ve just given up now on things I was hoping to do. I wouldn’t say I feel negative about that, I’ve got plans to do things on the house instead and I’m going to try and get back in shape. But holidays, nights out with friends, the tickets I’ve got for events this year that will no doubt not go ahead, I’ve just totally given up. I foresee the rest of this year being spent pretty much at home now.

Loiterer

Or just be very British don’t mention the word Covid just use the phrase “everything that’s going in at the moment”

E.g I’m sorry I’ve not been able to visit you for a while what with everything going on at the moment.
😂

• Haha

chnandlerbong

I live in Preston.. and my mum lives in the next borough literally 10 mins down the road.. I can’t go and visit her now but I can go to the pub with the local bag heads 🤬🤬 just drove past before and the beer garden was full of people not social distancing
I cant believe the local lockdowns in England leave pubs & restaurants open 🤦‍♀️

hnoz

VIP Member
Don’t personally insult me. This is the second time and it says a lot about who you are. Washing your hands and keeping your distance is what we are nationally being asked to do to avoid areas going in to lockdown. People like myself who have been directly, severely affected in “life and death” terms tend to have a different view on this and your lack of empathy is disgusting.
I haven't insulted you, you keep repeating that all people are being asked to do is was their hands which is far from the case and I don't know why you are insisting it is. Implying I don't want to wash my hands and I'm a horrible person with no empathy is just false. Where is the empathy for the millions of people worried about putting food on the table?
I am having to sacrifice my sole income as a direct result of social distancing, this is about a whole lot more than hand washing.

There is a balance to be struck here, people are vulnerable in more ways than from coronavirus.

• Angry