Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They don’t want to give PPE to teachers because then the government may need to pay for it.
Why the government cannot use those 50 million face masks that were unfit for NHS and give them to teachers for free I have no idea. Would be better than nothing.

Reactions: 9
I really do think we’ll return closely to the old normal one day. I think some things will always stay with us like increased hygiene (not a bad thing) and more people able to work from home. I just refuse to believe we will always have to social distance & go into lockdowns. Pandemics have happened before more than once and long ago and we weren’t living with social distancing from them. I do think that it might be more common to see people wearing masks during flu season or on public transport but I think that will be out of choice, I don’t believe they will be mandatory. I just hope it doesn’t take too long, most other pandemics have been 12-24 months so I am desperately praying that by next year this is not resulting in so many deaths and that we don’t have to live with this fear.
I agree! I think some things are almost good to come out of this - more awareness of peoples personal space, increased hygiene both personally and in public places, greater work flexibility etc. I'm also not a big toucher so have loved not having to hug and touch people. But i do look forward to life being normal again and I believe it will and we will almost forget things were ever like this (i know we never fully will BUT we'll adapt again and it will be like a really really tit long dream)

Reactions: 13
I agree! I think some things are almost good to come out of this - more awareness of peoples personal space, increased hygiene both personally and in public places, greater work flexibility etc. I'm also not a big toucher so have loved not having to hug and touch people. But i do look forward to life being normal again and I believe it will and we will almost forget things were ever like this (i know we never fully will BUT we'll adapt again and it will be like a really really tit long dream)
Yep we will adapt back really quickly. I know none of us have adapted to this in a joyful way but we have got a bit more used to it and while it feels like it would be hard to ever go back, we social distanced and wore masks within months. I think it will be a lot quicker to go back. I too hope people will keep their distance though I like my personal space!

Reactions: 6
Why do people have to be so arsey about a mask if its a policy of a company or the government surely people should respect it than abuse the staff that have to enforce it

Reactions: 4
I know someone posted on here they were going to Greece. Just seen this on Molly-Mae’s Instagram and thought it could be useful info for some.
Think that was me lol yea our tour operator girl told us all this when we changed our booking to Crete lol keep checking the foreign office website each week to see if it changes xx

Reactions: 1
Our school does a weigh in, not every other week though. My kids had a booklet when they started about sight and hearing tests plus a weight check. It then happens again at the end of KS1 and KS2 and all that data is fed to the government, that's what we were told anyway.
There is always hell up amongst the parents who get a letter saying their child is overweight.
I refused it for both mine as I don't agree with it, I can monitor my children's health by myself.
Surely if teachers have lost all this vital education time they won't want to be farting around spending an hour organising, weighing and recording kids weights anyway.
Maybe the government could fund more pe and playground equipment for schools, I'm sure that will have a more positive impact.

Reactions: 8
Funding for school outdoor equipment would be fab and much more beneficial for the children, sadly can’t see it happening especially under a Tory regime.

One good thing about social distancing is it’s much harder to be pickpocketed!

Reactions: 7
I see there's a lot of supermarket workers catching it ,strange as at the height of the pandemic when they had no safety measures in place and people weren't wearing face coverings we heard none of this .Unless it's down to testing ..
I work in retail. Not a huge store but around 80 staff. only1 colleague where I work has ever tested positive. He actually came into work when he was ill (god knows why 😬) so I’m amazed nobody else caught it.

Reactions: 3
I was overweight as a child and this would have been my nightmare. It's cruel.

Burden the parents with the concern if it needs to happen, not the child. They're the ones buying the food after all. (I know not always the case at secondary but at least for meals at home).
My little girl has only just gotten over an eating disorder caused by bullies. Something like this could set her right back.
I have always been on the skinny side and underweight, no restrictive eating just how I have been. As a child, I remember getting weighed in school and the school nurse saying how awful it was that I was underweight and giving my mum a hard time. I will never forget it. Even now as an adult, when I get weighed at the dr, I don't look at the scale. I hope they don't do this at schools. Children have been through enough trauma the past few months, leave their weight out of it. Schools doing this would be absolutely atrocious.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Oooh anyone knows what’s just happened at the trump briefing?

the secret service just came and whipped his ass out of there
😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Hashtag; shocked covid baby!
0CED4DD7-319D-4B3D-BBCE-00DC0ABC5547.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 2
They said they got a message ? maybe a 9/11 style attack or assassination attempt ,they locked the doors from the inside..

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Schools barely have time for PE, maybe that should be their focus rather than making schools waste an hour or more gathering numbers and statistics.

There’s so many less humiliating ways to tackle childhood obesity.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.