Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone has seen the news - eyebrows waxing back on Saturday šŸ›!!! Weddings, ice rinks and soft plays (šŸ˜Æ) reopening!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
BROWS BROWS BROWS BROWS BROWS

I'm so happy. Mine have completely vanished without my tinting.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Iā€™m still waiting for the go ahead for my makeup trial on Saturday šŸ˜‚ sheā€™s been in touch and says it depends how quick her insurance company gets a move on

Reactions: 5
I'm worried about traveling abroad in January my partner booked a weekend in Disney Paris for end of November for us to take his daughter. I just booked the weekend off and the day off after we return for catching up on sleep etc before returning to work.
We have to pay remaining balance by end of month. I know too right work won't be happy for me having time off for isolation afterwards. I'm not allowed hoildays or time off in December which it will go into if I had to.
My partner can because he can take rest of his hoildays he has left even in December.
I'm worried that if we had to cancel because my work won't let me and the insurance won't pay the money back if we cancel
Weā€™re supposed to be going to dlp in December. Not only that thereā€™s rumours the hotel weā€™ve booked will be closing for... reasons... so no idea whatā€™s going to happen now I presume they will move us to another hotel but the quarantine thing has thrown everything up in the air again. This whole not being able to properly look forward to anything stuff is starting to get on my nerves. We were supposed to go in March but it closed days before. duck this year, and probably next year too at this rate.
If this is what the world has come to now then Iā€™m done, I woke up this morning with a horrific migraine and throwing up. I couldnā€™t even lift my head off of the pillow, my partner couldnā€™t stay off work because his boss is on holiday. So my grandmother, (only late 60s herself and perfectly healthy) came and picked up my 2 toddlers so I could rest until my other half gets home. As my grandmother was leaving my neighbour but one stopped her and said ā€œYou should NOT be taking those children into your house...social distancing, this is why itā€™s spreading people are going back to normal..selfish selfishā€ she was promptly put in her place by my ever lairy Nan, but is this whatā€™s happening now? Everyone is allowed to berate and judge everyone else without even knowing the circumstances??
I think this is what I hate most about the whole situation to be honest (besides people dying of course). What did that person shouting at your grandmother actually gain out of being such an arse? They made themselves feel good but thatā€™s it. People have become busybodies thinking they can interfere and comment on other peopleā€™s movements and actions based on small snippets they see of someoneā€™s day, they think they are doing it for the ā€˜greater goodā€™ but really theyā€™re just becoming a bunch of curtain twitchers on a power trip. Forget the conspiracies, itā€™s not Bill Gates you need to be worrying about tracking your movements, itā€™s your neighboursšŸ˜†

Reactions: 8
Scottish mums, are you still feeling ok about sending your kids to school. My kids schools only do hand sanitizer, thatā€™s it, no social distancing. Thereā€™s 18 year old adults in the schools ffs. Also my region was named as a corona hotspot, seriously thinking of pulling them out. Only drawback I donā€™t feel comfortable homeschooling a 5, 11 and 15 year old all at different education levels. šŸ˜•. Weā€™re a shielding house, so Iā€™m very hesitant, theyā€™ve been back two days so far and both oldest said they felt unsafe.. like bottlenecking in doorways, breathing in peoples faces etc.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I canā€™t wait to get back to soft play!
I prefer smaller ones, and ones round here limit numbers anyway so I expect theyā€™ll allow smaller numbers in.
Some of our local little cafes with small play areas have been unable to open as theyā€™ve been classed as soft play but Iā€™m so glad they will now open

Reactions: 2
Scottish mums, are you still feeling ok about sending your kids to school. My kids schools only do hand sanitizer, thatā€™s it, no social distancing. Thereā€™s 18 year old adults in the schools ffs. Also my region was named as a corona hotspot, seriously thinking of pulling them out. Only drawback I donā€™t feel comfortable homeschooling a 5, 11 and 15 year old all at different education levels. šŸ˜•. Weā€™re a shielding house, so Iā€™m very hesitant, theyā€™ve been back two days so far and both oldest said they felt unsafe.. like bottlenecking in doorways, breathing in peoples faces etc.
Honestly? Yes 100% and Iā€™m in the locked down covid hotspot in Scotland šŸ™ˆ Having said that my kids are S1 and P6 so younger and weā€™re not shielding either. Iā€™m happy with the very very low risk of infection and can already see the improvement in their mental health and overall demeanour after just a couple of days at school. I would seek advice from the school? Perhaps consider what can be done to lower your anxiety - masks for the 15 year old perhaps?

Reactions: 1
My brows are booked in for Wednesday. So glad it can happen!!!! Itā€™s the only thing I get done regularly and they are literally resembling slugs right now šŸ˜©šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Iā€™m not in Scotland, but honestly when the kids went back for the short time before summer, the lower end of primary werenā€™t social distancing. It wasnā€™t enforced. And right through ā€˜lockdown school for key workersā€™, there was no social distancing either. All was ok

The idea of soft play curls my toes at the best of times. Theyā€™re the one thing I wish weren't reopening. Thereā€™s literally no way to keep on top of hygiene in them šŸ¤¢
I don't see it as any different to a large nursery or reception class personally.
My sons reception class was free flow for 60 kids, 3 rooms, lots of hard to clean items.
At least in soft play, if you cordon off the ball pool, everything else is generally large, plastic and can be easily and thoroughly wiped.
I know plenty of others don't share that view and in normal times they are disgusting but I think they'll be cleaner now than they have been before.

The council are saying my area is at risk of a local lockdown. Where I live and surrounding areas we have extremely low numbers of cases. However, three areas in the borough that are densely populated with BAME community have high figures.

It absolutely pisses me off to think our local businesses may have to close again because of THREE areas out of god knows how many. Not fair at all.

Reactions: 5
Scottish mum and shielder here too, my S3 was back yesterday, heā€™s quite anti social anyway so likes his own space and avoids a crowd. He said classrooms were as spread out as possible and he felt ok. the corridors were a different story, pretty crowded. Also kids squirting the hand sanitizer on the floor! My S5 back today, heā€™s more social but I hope he keeps his distance. Was only 2 year groups a day back one day a week this week. Whole school will be in from Monday. I dread to think Of the chaos. We are taking it a day at a time. i havenā€™t ruled out keeping them off.

Weā€™re supposed to be going to dlp in December. Not only that thereā€™s rumours the hotel weā€™ve booked will be closing for... reasons... so no idea whatā€™s going to happen now I presume they will move us to another hotel but the quarantine thing has thrown everything up in the air again. This whole not being able to properly look forward to anything stuff is starting to get on my nerves. We were supposed to go in March but it closed days before. duck this year, and probably next year too at this rate.
I think this is what I hate most about the whole situation to be honest (besides people dying of course). What did that person shouting at your grandmother actually gain out of being such an arse? They made themselves feel good but thatā€™s it. People have become busybodies thinking they can interfere and comment on other peopleā€™s movements and actions based on small snippets they see of someoneā€™s day, they think they are doing it for the ā€˜greater goodā€™ but really theyā€™re just becoming a bunch of curtain twitchers on a power trip. Forget the conspiracies, itā€™s not Bill Gates you need to be worrying about tracking your movements, itā€™s your neighboursšŸ˜†
Itā€™s virtue signalling and the uk general public seem to love any opportunity to do so. Itā€™s deeply irritating.

I am so confused if Chris witty says we at capacity what we can open yet we announced we opening up more as well soft play.
Although i acknowledge double stabdards with trampoline parks open.
Beauty facial treatmemts womeb not allowed but they were for men and wales and Scotland so glad that been rectified.
Wonder how easy bowling alley manages to clean the balls between each bubble or do they quarantine the balls and provide fresh ones.
Weddings up to 30 seems fair.

The head independent sage said on bbc news he dident feel the conditions quite now were right for reopening school's he said we need tighten restrictions try get to zero covid and improve track and trace.

The news about france is interesting and doesn't surprise me.

2 things occured to me bare in mind the french themselves havs classified some areas like Paris higher risk.
Lots people rushing back today to avoid quarantine.
Also people who returned from france in the last 7 days.
Surely they high risk and they could spread it.

A french doctor said he blames increase in cases on tourists partly.

I was surprised see france total corona deaths is just over 30k.
Spain i was surprised is lower 28k
Uk is 45k but we unsure is some deaths truly were covid.
So Europe saying uk is the worst France is not that far behind and baffled why not quarantined sooner.

We arenā€™t allowed our eyebrows done here šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

like I said - THREE areas and that closes the whole beauty industry in our borough. Itā€™s unbelievably cruel.

• Sad
I am aware that this is going to sound incredibly negative but has anyone else just written off the rest of this year? Iā€™ve just given up now on things I was hoping to do. I wouldnā€™t say I feel negative about that, Iā€™ve got plans to do things on the house instead and Iā€™m going to try and get back in shape. But holidays, nights out with friends, the tickets Iā€™ve got for events this year that will no doubt not go ahead, Iā€™ve just totally given up. I foresee the rest of this year being spent pretty much at home now.

Reactions: 15
This is the risk according to American data View attachment 211241
Pontoon boat rides is so specific... is that something a lot of people have been asking for? šŸ˜‚

Anyway unrelated but i thought it'd be interesting to see this which shows the impact the reporting of deaths which occured over 28 days after the last positive test for the last 8 weeks has had as it's pretty mind blowing to me:

20200814_091015.jpg

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.