Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pontoon boat rides is so specific... is that something a lot of people have been asking for? 😂

Anyway unrelated but i thought it'd be interesting to see this which shows the impact the reporting of deaths which occured over 28 days after the last positive test has had as it's pretty mind blowing to me:

View attachment 211247
Pontoon boat rides is so random 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am aware that this is going to sound incredibly negative but has anyone else just written off the rest of this year? I’ve just given up now on things I was hoping to do. I wouldn’t say I feel negative about that, I’ve got plans to do things on the house instead and I’m going to try and get back in shape. But holidays, nights out with friends, the tickets I’ve got for events this year that will no doubt not go ahead, I’ve just totally given up. I foresee the rest of this year being spent pretty much at home now.
yeah same, I’m still going to try and do as much as I can and tbh need to save some money anyway but in terms of events it’s definitely a write off for me. Even things that got moved till October/November I can’t see going ahead anymore.

Reactions: 3
I am aware that this is going to sound incredibly negative but has anyone else just written off the rest of this year? I’ve just given up now on things I was hoping to do. I wouldn’t say I feel negative about that, I’ve got plans to do things on the house instead and I’m going to try and get back in shape. But holidays, nights out with friends, the tickets I’ve got for events this year that will no doubt not go ahead, I’ve just totally given up. I foresee the rest of this year being spent pretty much at home now.
I know all our upcoming gigs won’t go ahead. Bought tickets for Elton John two years ago and that’s now moved to next year. Gutted.

However - we are going abroad in two and a bit weeks to get married so if that’s all we achieve this year I’m happy(ish). Just fed up of it all now.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
No-one ever said "I'm never leaving my house because I might catch a cold", did they?
Eh, the difference is I know what a cold does to my body, and I know it is highly unlikely to leave me or my loved ones with ongoing health conditions.

I don't know what Covid might do to my body, what conditions it might leave me with, or whether I would be unlucky and die.

I agree it's unhealthy to live in fear. But some caution is warranted IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We have had some theatre shows moved to January but can't see it happening myself. Theaters don't even seem to feature anywhere on the roadmap. Got chatsworth house and Christmas market booked in November but expecting that to be cancelled too.

• Sad
Pontoon boat rides is so specific... is that something a lot of people have been asking for? 😂

Anyway unrelated but i thought it'd be interesting to see this which shows the impact the reporting of deaths which occured over 28 days after the last positive test for the last 8 weeks has had as it's pretty mind blowing to me:

View attachment 211247
Yeah it's amazing how much of a mess they've made of everything ,interesting the BBC report on hospital admissions too..

Reactions: 1
Been confirmed today at my partner is being re-furloughed in a couple of weeks. The reason is because they need to bring other shift workers off furlough and up to code with everything they have put in place. They only allowed one shift group to come back off furlough originally. I’ve not heard of any other workplace doing this.

Been confirmed today at my partner is being re-furloughed in a couple of weeks. The reason is because they need to bring other shift workers off furlough and up to code with everything they have put in place. They only allowed one shift group to come back off furlough originally. I’ve not heard of any other workplace doing this.
We've re-furloughed some people at our workplace as we originally had them on full time hours and there was not enough work. They are now doing the part time furlough thing.

That doesn't make sense with your husband's workplace? Will be be on part time furlough or full time? I'm so confused with the furlough stages now.

We've re-furloughed some people at our workplace as we originally had them on full time hours and there was not enough work. They are now doing the part time furlough thing.

That doesn't make sense with your husband's workplace? Will be be on part time furlough or full time? I'm so confused with the furlough stages now.
I didn’t even know there was ‘part time and full time’ furlough. I presume full time furlough. Basically under normal circumstances, they run a 3 shift pattern so they’re basically constantly in production, but at the moment are only running one shift. Currently it’s ‘green shift’ that are in and working but they also want to get ‘red shift’ workers in so they can become familiar with the new guidelines and ways of doing things. But to do that they have to re furlough people from the green shift due to there just not being enough work to have all shifts in at once.

It’ll be nice to have him home again for a bit at least. But I am so sick of things being bleeping weird this year. If schools end up closing after reopening in September I am going to lose it.

Yes 100%, I am have had a couple of days out with the kids and family. But the majority of my time is still spent at home, enjoying my snuggles with kids and partner. It’s not negative at all, just enjoy the time at home. I am however very sad because I was supposed to be getting married in six days 😢 now it’s over a year away.
It easy for us to stay home currently as my son has finally been put into serial casting for his foot disability. So we are dealing with this:

I must say, the hospital was really lovely and well organised and the nurse we had for his sedation was great, allowed me to take my mask off when nobody else was in the room and made me endless cups of tea.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I find it funny that you can fly in from France et al and land at 3am Saturday and not have to quarantine but if you land at 4am you do have to. I know they have to essentially draw a line somewhere but come on. Soooooo sick of all this.

Reactions: 9
Yes 100%, I am have had a couple of days out with the kids and family. But the majority of my time is still spent at home, enjoying my snuggles with kids and partner. It’s not negative at all, just enjoy the time at home. I am however very sad because I was supposed to be getting married in six days 😢 now it’s over a year away.
It easy for us to stay home currently as my son has finally been put into serial casting for his foot disability. So we are dealing with this:

I must say, the hospital was really lovely and well organised and the nurse we had for his sedation was great, allowed me to take my mask off when nobody else was in the room and made me endless cups of tea.
I’m sorry about your wedding, that is gutting. I hope it will turn out to be even better next year. I guess maybe now is a good time for your sons cast if not able to go out and about so much. I guess we all just have to make the best of it we can but at times it feels hard. I think the worst part is perhaps the not knowing when life will improve and not being able to plan certain things.

I didn’t even know there was ‘part time and full time’ furlough. I presume full time furlough. Basically under normal circumstances, they run a 3 shift pattern so they’re basically constantly in production, but at the moment are only running one shift. Currently it’s ‘green shift’ that are in and working but they also want to get ‘red shift’ workers in so they can become familiar with the new guidelines and ways of doing things. But to do that they have to re furlough people from the green shift due to there just not being enough work to have all shifts in at once.

It’ll be nice to have him home again for a bit at least. But I am so sick of things being bleeping weird this year. If schools end up closing after reopening in September I am going to lose it.
Yes, the part time I think was only introduced last month (might be wrong) and the company pays for the hours that the employee works and the government pay the rest up to 80% salary, again could be wrong.

I think if you was originally furloughed you can go back to full time furlough but if you are furloughed now, it will be part time or the company has to pay insurance and tax?

I don't have children but 3 of my family members are teachers and have been working in schools during lockdown. I do think children should be allowed go back but I'm no expert.

I have just seen an image of someone’s a level results. They got A’s in their mocks, was predicted an A*, what grades did they end up with? CBB.

What an utter shambles these poor kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Has anyone else been invited to take part in the covid 12 month study, and if so are you doing it?

I have, I called last week to sign up for it, still waiting for them to contact me to organise the first visit.
Cant any reason not to do it with the vouchers incentive and regular testing

I have, I called last week to sign up for it, still waiting for them to contact me to organise the first visit.
I did get another letter regarding the Covid testing but I just thought it was another letter regarding the Imperial College Test I done. I'll have a look later but I would definitely do it , anything to help.

I'm going to do it, I want to help. The vouchers are also a big incentive, especially on the run up to christmas x

Reactions: 2
Is Nicola the only one who’s arsed doing daily briefings now? 🤣

good for you Nicola.... MURDERR!!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.