Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #45

Multiple questions/answers

• 1) I have more faith & trust in the government lately.

Votes: 21 4.6%
  • 1) I don’t trust the government anymore.

Votes: 343 74.6%
  • 2) I do not believe what the press & media are telling us.

Votes: 330 71.7%
  • 2) I trust the media.

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • 3) I do not believe the virus is as serious as we are being told.

Votes: 157 34.1%
  • 3) I believe the severity of the illness is as reported.

Votes: 198 43.0%
  • 4) schools need to go back.

Votes: 271 58.9%
  • 4) schools should not return yet.

Votes: 86 18.7%
  • 5) I would be willing to go into another phase 1 lockdown if deemed necessary.

Votes: 254 55.2%
  • 5) I will not agree to another lockdown.

Votes: 141 30.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread 45!

I wonder how many threads we’ll have before it’s 2021 / they find a vaccine /
aliens invade and we get some sanity back....

continue here.
Vote in the poll, 5 questions, one vote for each.
you win nothing,
but the real prize is in the taking part 😐 or something....

Reactions: 6
Preston in lockdown now ,at this rate they'll be more cities in than out ...

Reactions: 3
I know there was talk on the last thread about which places were on/off the watchlist. This is the updated one as of today.
20200807_173049.jpg
20200807_173155.jpg

My God lockdowns announced for ROI now Kildare , Offaly ,Laois..
117188822_1730839090424627_8654432460031661898_o.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
My God lockdowns announced for ROI now Kildare , Offaly ,Laois..View attachment 204761
At least they have shut entertainment and hospitality in the lockdown area, makes much more sense.

Between Aberdeen, Preston, the ROI lockdowns & a quarantine for France all in the last day or two it goes to show you can't really make plans this year, everything could change in just a week or two! 🙈

Reactions: 8
Now BBC saying cases are leveling off in their latest article.

Honestly do feel like the media are just trying to cause mass uncertainty.

Reactions: 16
At least they have shut entertainment and hospitality in the lockdown area, makes much more sense.

Between Aberdeen, Preston, the ROI lockdowns & a quarantine for France all in the last day or two it goes to show you can't really make plans this year, everything could change in just a week or two! 🙈
I'm thinking teachers will be up in arms if schools are to open ,they'll not want a full class of kids without some kind of PPE allowed..

I think they said there was uncertainty around the figures as it was only 53 people from 53 households tested over 6 weeks 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Decided to have family over for a barbecue tomorrow. I'm not sure what the guidelines are or aren't anymore but we've stuck to the rules this whole time. They'll be 11 of us in total and we have a huge garden so not issue with spacing chairs out. I think it'll do us all some good and if my kids can go to school in September and mix with a year group of 300+ then I'm having my family in my garden. Thoroughly pissed off with this year!

• Heart
Reactions: 32

They are just reporting what is happening. The figures are from the ONS, the media haven't made it up. A novel virus and global pandemic is going to have ups, downs and unexpected turns, it doesn't follow a neat little pattern.
Looking at the infections or deaths every day or even week isn't that helpful in isolation, its like being on a diet and weighing yourself ever single day. Getting obsessed with the number and deflated because you have gained weight from one day to the next, when you've just drank an extra glass of water or something.
Longer trends are more stable.

I would honestly advise anyone stressed out by all the coronavirus news to just tune out a bit. You don't need to see every little update and you will be much happier for it!
Btw I don't mean you specifically, I've just seen a lot of people pretty stressed and anxious on here recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Decided to have family over for a barbecue tomorrow. I'm not sure what the guidelines are or aren't anymore but we've stuck to the rules this whole time. They'll be 11 of us in total and we have a huge garden so not issue with spacing chairs out. I think it'll do us all some good and if my kids can go to school in September and mix with a year group of 300+ then I'm having my family in my garden. Thoroughly pissed off with this year!
We are doing exactly the same, I don’t even know what the most up to date rules are. I think it’s fine as long as people use common sense. I’d much rather mix with my own family in my own garden when I know where they’ve been, than mix with hundreds of strangers in the pub!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
They are just reporting what is happening. The figures are from the ONS, the media haven't made it up. A novel virus and global pandemic is going to have ups, downs and unexpected turns, it doesn't follow a neat little pattern.
Looking at the infections or deaths every day or even week isn't that helpful in isolation, its like being on a diet and weighing yourself ever single day. Getting obsessed with the number and deflated because you have gained weight from one day to the next, when you've just drank an extra glass of water or something.
Longer trends are more stable.

I would honestly advise anyone stressed out by all the coronavirus news to just tune out a bit. You don't need to see every little update and you will be much happier for it!
Btw I don't mean you specifically, I've just seen a lot of people pretty stressed and anxious on here recently.
Feel like anything I post I get jumped on and told I'm wrong in this thread at the moment.

Did I say they had made it up? I'm aware they're going off ONS figures, I read the article but I do feel like the media scaremonger and change their narrative from day to day, which is causing uncertainty. It wasn't just about this article or the BBC but the wider media. I am aware of looking at the bigger picture and don't personally feel any anxiety about the virus, but I know some do and the media aren't helping with the way they frame their headlines.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Was right about the teachers ,the largest teaching union has said they'll take legal action if teachers are put in danger of contracting Covid, the schools in NI are not ready to go back 5 days a week ..😬

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Was right about the teachers ,the largest teaching union has said they'll take legal action if teachers are put in danger of contracting Covid, the schools in NI are not ready to go back 5 days a week ..😬
Unfortunately with any people facing job you are at danger of contracting COVID. Not sure what they can do?

Reactions: 10
Sorry @openbook1 i missed the last thread. Oh my office isn’t the issue, it’s just me and my dad for now. It’s the train home. I can’t drive in so it’s my only option. He comes by motorbike so can go in safely full time.

Unfortunately with any people facing job you are at danger of contracting COVID. Not sure what they can do?
They're up in arms anyway ! One headteacher said they're being pulled in all directions the gov want all to return but the health and safety executive have to take teachers welfare on board ,they've had to drop SD with our schools as they're not big enough with the 1mtr in place

Preston in lockdown now ,at this rate they'll be more cities in than out ...
I live in Preston.. and my mum lives in the next borough literally 10 mins down the road.. I can’t go and visit her now but I can go to the pub with the local bag heads 🤬🤬 just drove past before and the beer garden was full of people not social distancing

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.