Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bunnyintheheadlights

@Dollenganger Unvaxxed here🙂 my whole family had covid, nothing serious.
I haven't seen a doctor in 16 years, had my 3 children by at home. I don't drink or smoke, don't have botox or plastic surgery 😂 I'm 48 so a bit old to go clubbing, don't dine out, online shop for the basics as we grow our own veg and fruit, don't have a TV . I had all my vacs , but never had the flu one. My choice not to have the covid jab is because I don't think it's healthy to have so many jabs in a short length of time.
Btw covid effected my family through mental health, my teenage daughter tried to kill herself because of lock down so please don't tar every unvaxxed person as an anti vaxxer or a CT

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Delihla

Wait, all your PCR tests were void?! As in 'no result'? Potentially condescending question - are you definitely doing the test right?

I found out from my mother recently that up until a few weeks ago she was swabbing her uvula instead of her tonsils this whole time when doing tests .... 🥴
I read this as vulva and I guarantee I’m not going to be the only one 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 43

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I feel really good about everything. It's always going to be met with people who think it's too soon etc but we've had 2 years of this now. Life has to continue and businesses need to be able to try and recover. Covid isn't going anywhere we just have to learn to live alongside it

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
People who don’t want the vaccine are very defensive that other people are telling them what to do with their own bodies. But they want everything their own way.
I think you need to word your posts a bit differently because yeah as it happens I am very defensive about other people telling me what to with my body or the bodies of my children actually 😡

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

Meangirl815

VIP Member
20 may 2020
The day before the anniversary of my dad's death (pre covid). A day i went to visit my heartbroken mam and cuddled her. Then APOLOGISED to her for breaking the rules.
This time last year was my FIL's funeral where we were so scared of being caught having a 'wake' we parked cars streets away.

They're just my examples. I'm guessing everyone has their own.

Our government is a disgrace an absolute disgrace and Bojo needs to go

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Any of those caught were charged and many have been taken to court.

Any of those who did it and were fined should have their money given back .. Many broke the rules to see loved ones most didn't do it to party.

You cannot have members of the public charged while those who make the rules get away with it
anyone listening to that shower of shites from now on is a mug 🤣
We need to get on with life and accept a flu is a flu, and not worth destroying peoples health and livelihood for any longer.

I doubted bojob was ever in ICU and his actions just confirm that for me. all governments overreacted. We’re paying the price, and not just with obnoxious NHS workers and batshit laws and restrictions.
Many won’t agree but that how I feel right this minute.

Reactions: 27

HoGi

VIP Member
Because restrictions don't work and only kick the can further down the road. Look at France who have 3-4 times more daily infections than we do even though they have had far stricter restrictions and for months longer than the UK. Everything should be down to personal responsibility. Don't want to wear a mask? Don't. Want to wear half a dozen masks? Do it. But get shut of mandatory laws.

I have mentioned a few times on here that there has to become a time when covid doesn't stop life carrying on so it's brilliant news to read that by Spring even if you have covid you might not have to stay at home any more :D

Reeeeeeally hope restrictions do all end soon and for good. As an April baby I would really like to not have a third lockdown birthday!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
Then there is the camp that don’t give a shit either way - knows covid is real, knows there is perhaps a risk with the vaccine, however, thinks well fuck it I’ve put enough crap in my body any way over the years, caught covid several times also, and really really really wants to go on holiday this year 🤣
So bored of the vaccination argument now, let people make their own choices! Also lets accept that maybe just maybe this vaccine isn’t all that. But equally, maybe it is! NONE of us know!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220118_133140.jpg

🎵 Nobody told me,
That I had a party,
That looked like a work do,
That I had in February of last year🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
Another thing that I’ve noticed about the antivaxxers that I personally know is that they are so worried about an adverse reaction to the Covid vaccine but they’re quite happy to drink alcohol and have plastic surgery and Botox and fillers etc.
Lovely sweeping statement there!
Did it ever occur to you that adverse reactions are happening?

Did it ever occur to you that someone not wanting this particular vaccine isn't anti vaxx?

While your banging on about unvaxxed people and children who have suffered from covid, that vaccinated people have also suffered terribly from covid even after vaccination?

• Haha
Reactions: 24

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
So, basically, you don’t have an actual rational response to your position. That’s why these threads always go around in circles.

Another thing that I’ve noticed about the antivaxxers that I personally know is that they are so worried about an adverse reaction to the Covid vaccine but they’re quite happy to drink alcohol and have plastic surgery and Botox and fillers etc.

Condescending ✅
Patronising✅
Judgemental ✅
You sound like someone who posted the same ignorant shite a thread or so back, different name Perhaps? 🧐
Again, no, no and no. We don't do plastic surgery, social accounts, never had any, no time for them anyway and never drank can't stand the stuff, I like a clear head.
No time for conspiracies, literally don't have time 😄 but can't stand the thought police. You wouldn't be one of those type of people would you? 😄🧐

• Heart
  • Haha

Lisdiz

VIP Member
I
I’m just not of the opinion that the measures are a conspiracy to bring in totalitarian rule. I don’t think that idea makes any sense.

Vaccines don’t stop transmission but they do reduce it and they also drastically reduce your chances of being hospitalised or dying. Which is surely the whole point of any vaccine.

You say that it’s unfair to remove people’s right to work if they don’t get vaccinated. But if NHS staff work with vulnerable people, such as those undergoing cancer treatment then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to be vaccinated. The people with cancer don’t have a choice do they?

Ok, but the bottom line is that you are less likely to be severely ill and need hospital treatment if you’ve been vaccinated.
How many jabs are you willing to have?
top lines is, the vast majority of people, unvaccinated, will make a full recovery and need no medical treatment.

I do not think it’s fair to sack staff that have worked bloody hard over the whole pandemic for failing to take a vaccine which doesn’t fully stop the spread, in fact I think it’s idiotic and will cause more damage to the NHS like it has the care homes.

A local care home is having an outbreak amongst the residence after a staff member tested positive. This after sacking unvaccinated staff.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
So, basically, you don’t have an actual rational response to your position. That’s why these threads always go around in circles.

And the vaccinated think it's ok that they are still obese have a high BMI and don't look after themselves but it's ok......they're vaccinated 😂🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Dollenganger

VIP Member
People who don’t want the vaccine are very defensive that other people are telling them what to do with their own bodies. But they want everything their own way.

This pandemic is an unprecedented situation in most of our lifetimes. We live in a country where we’ve had the luxury of never really encountering a disease that disrupts our lives on this level. So people think that they are entitled to ignore the effects of their behaviour on everyone else. And say ‘It’s none of your business’ and still be allowed to increase the risk of the virus spreading and mutating and causing more disruption. Which is not my opinion but straight from the WHO.

The fact is, If everyone had the same attitude as the anti-vaxxers then we’d still be quarantined. I have never come across an anti-vaxxer who has an alternative solution.

Have you asked yourself whether you’d trust medics to treat you if you were sick with cancer? Did you give birth in a hospital? If so, why do you have faith in some science but not others?

@Dollenganger your profile pic takes me back what were those toys called I used to love them?!
I know! I used to have one. I felt so nostalgic when I saw it.

@Poddular - you think it’s funny that my friend is incredibly sick with Covid? 🤨

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
A lady on the radio was saying while they were having the party she was having her hands and feet removed due to sepsis after having covid... to covid. She said she was very confused about everything and thought because her family were not there when she woke up it was because they had abandoned her

• Sad
  • Wow

Ensay

VIP Member
I’m not telling anyone to get the vaccine but I find it hard to understand why you think that everything should be your way if you choose to ignore medical advice.
Some people get a bit twitchy on here if they think you're telling them to take the vaccine. Which is fair enough; no one should tell anyone else what to do, especially when it comes to medicines.

Thing is, some of them don't mind implying anyone who's chosen to take the vaccine is thick, stupid, etc etc. Not all, of course.

I've had all three jabs and maintain I've made the correct decision for me. People can snipe about that, but it's my body so I'm not arsed. :D

• Heart

xyzcba

VIP Member
@Dollenganger
I have to say I've been quite astounded by your posts. You stated that 'most people's concerns are about fertility' - which showed sheer ignorance from the off. So of the 15million or however many there are unvaxxed, you know most and that's their reason? I have about 10 different reasons for not getting it, none of which I have the inclination or obligation to explain to you.

You've then conceded that actually it's just the CT theorists you know, of which the father of your child is one, so that's an emotive reason for you there; and sounds like it clouds your judgement/closes your mind to other possibilities.

You trust the scientists - but don't appreciate the ones you are listening to have been paid/funded to say these things - and there are many many articles and thousands of hours of interviews online of scientists who are speaking out against it, risking their careers & livelihoods, and ridicule from their peers, for why? I can assure you it's not just to 'shill a book from amazon' that might sell 5000 copies - worth risking a long-standing career & reputation over? Not really.

So just to simplify it for you. No Long Term Data is a good starting point for a reason why some / many people are hesitant. You said yourself you happily have cosmetic procedures with no idea what's in them - and therefore presumably have no consideration to the long term affects of treatment. That is totally your prerogative, as it's your body. Some of us might choose to be more careful, and shouldn't be berated for that fact.

Remember that in the 30s and 40s, Dr's actually recommended smoking as healthy! So your blind trust in what you're being told, and lack of long term data doesn't look good against that does it?

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

Kittylover2019

Chatty Member
@Dollenganger

I can't quote your posts but you are making a lot of sweeping statements about people who choose not to be vaccinated.

We are not conspiracy theorists or anti-vaxxers etc but we have made a decision for ourselves or our families because we can.

• Heart
  • Sick

Scottishfalpal1

VIP Member
This was the day my uncle was buried. We were not allowed in the church so sat outside and watch the live stream. 8 of us allowed at the cemetery my gran and her sister couldn’t even go and be together when she came from Edinburgh

• Sad
  • Heart