Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to the Tennis player deported. Australian minister Alex Hawke concluded that the tennis star did have a valid exemption, but deported Djokovic him because he deemed Novak's presence in the country a threat of spreading dissent against the government. Fair enough if he was a known terrorist.

So for those happy he's been deported for "breaking the rules"- what rules did he break exactly other than thoughtcrime?

I think they have made an example of him.
I also don't think they would have done that if he was from a country that could politically be a threat to Australia.

I think the Australian government have behaved quite cowardly.

Reactions: 8
56,000 is another huge drop compared to last week. We just need MPs to make sure they don't keep mask wearing around when other plan B rules get ditched.

FJUO95FWQAQwn1a?format=png&name=small.png

Reactions: 9
Why wouldn’t they keep masks for now when Omicron is so transmissible? 🤔
Because restrictions don't work and only kick the can further down the road. Look at France who have 3-4 times more daily infections than we do even though they have had far stricter restrictions and for months longer than the UK. Everything should be down to personal responsibility. Don't want to wear a mask? Don't. Want to wear half a dozen masks? Do it. But get shut of mandatory laws.

I have mentioned a few times on here that there has to become a time when covid doesn't stop life carrying on so it's brilliant news to read that by Spring even if you have covid you might not have to stay at home any more :D

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Because restrictions don't work and only kick the can further down the road. Look at France who have 3-4 times more daily infections than we do even though they have had far stricter restrictions and for months longer than the UK. Everything should be down to personal responsibility. Don't want to wear a mask? Don't. Want to wear half a dozen masks? Do it. But get shut of mandatory laws.

I have mentioned a few times on here that there has to become a time when covid doesn't stop life carrying on so it's brilliant news to read that by Spring even if you have covid you might not have to stay at home any more :D

Reeeeeeally hope restrictions do all end soon and for good. As an April baby I would really like to not have a third lockdown birthday!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Don’t see how this is a positive.

Reactions: 2
Reeeeeeally hope restrictions do all end soon and for good. As an April baby I would really like to not have a third lockdown birthday!
There’s no lockdown now though, bar a mask and wfh, life is pretty normal in England.

Going to admit I’m gutted about wfh ending, from a totally selfish point of view will miss wearing my slippers at home under my desk 😂

Reactions: 5
Again don’t see how this is a positive.
Because people can get on with their life as they were born to live it. Where is the positive in staying at home for a week or so? People have had the chance now to have three jabs. People can keep wearing masks for a far weaker cold like variant. It just means it would be treated like a cold so if you feel unwell stay home until you're better but no testing for the sake of it to be told you're ill when you're not.

Reactions: 16
There’s no lockdown now though, bar a mask and wfh, life is pretty normal in England.
Yeh I do appreciate that but I hate masks.

And while there are some restrictions there is always the fear they will increase them.

I would quite like a restriction free birthday. Haven't had one of them since 2019 which was forever ago

Reactions: 10

Going to admit I’m gutted about wfh ending, from a totally selfish point of view will miss wearing my slippers at home under my desk 😂
Will your employer not continue with wfh after? I know a lot of places are-I’m on maternity leave but think I will be going back to a hybrid way of working.

Reactions: 1
If they start ditching the rules then I'll be ditching the mask. I don't think our government are too bothered about them anyway so they'll definitely be scrapped

Will your employer not continue with wfh after? I know a lot of places are-I’m on maternity leave but think I will be going back to a hybrid way of working.
Yeah will go to hybrid but have to travel across the country every week, for no reason just to tick a box that I have been to an office 😂

Son just tested positive on lft.
Did one last night as always do one before school on a Sunday evening. Negative result and not showing any symptoms. Came home from school feeling tired and sore throat. Did another lft but got him to swab his throat this time too. Positive straight away. Taken him for a pcr just to confirm but looking very likely that he has it.

• Sad
Son just tested positive on lft.
Did one last night as always do one before school on a Sunday evening. Negative result and not showing any symptoms. Came home from school feeling tired and sore throat. Did another lft but got him to swab his throat this time too. Positive straight away. Taken him for a pcr just to confirm but looking very likely that he has it.
Has he had it before Sarah? Hope he’s on the mend soon👍🏻

Reactions: 1
Because people can get on with their life as they were born to live it. Where is the positive in staying at home for a week or so? People have had the chance now to have three jabs. People can keep wearing masks for a far weaker cold like variant. It just means it would be treated like a cold so if you feel unwell stay home until you're better but no testing for the sake of it to be told you're ill when you're not.
Yeah, I've got it at the moment. It's no cold.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I've got it at the moment. It's no cold.
Im on day three, unvaccinated and honestly it feels anti climatic. First day was tired and achy but since then its just felt like I have mild hayfever, I’ve had worse colds (so far anyway). No sure if it gets worse after day three but I'm still waiting 🤷🏼‍♀️ Assuming my toddler has it (haven’t tested her) she’s congested, snotty nose etc but still happy enough and eating plenty. Just to give another point of view I’m so glad I never got vaccinated.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.