Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
I'm glad Djokovic lost his appeal. He thought he was above the rules. It would have been very unfair on all of the Australian people given the rules they've all had to follow.

From watching various interviews with the general public over the last few days, most seem to be in support of him being deported. The only time they get people who think he should stay are when they're outside his hotel with his OTT supporters.
Yes, that's right let's cheer that someone got their just desserts for rulebreaking rather than question the ridiculous rules. 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Kim Mild

VIP Member
It's a bit melodramatic to imply that agreeing with rules to reduce infection during a pandemic is similar to shocking someone to death when told to.
At the start , it was complying with rules to reduce infection. Now people are treating the unvaccinated differently to the vaccinated.

Milgram's experiment was to prove that a group of people would follow instructions of someone they perceive to be in authority, even if, gradually ,it led to the harm of others .

Reactions: 17

cubegame

If this is true there are 100 head teachers who shouldn't be working as forcing pupils to wear masks is child abuse....plain and simple.

There are far too many health extremists that have been brainwashed over the course of the pandemic and it needs fixing.

As they are so addicted to the "rules" I think the most appropriate thing to do right now is for Parliament to revise the face covering regulation to actually make it an offence to encourage or co-erce people to wear a mask. That would focus a few minds.

• Haha
  • Heart

Freddo10

Don’t see how this is a positive.
This is the most positive thing I’ve read!! Life has to sodden go on

Because people can get on with their life as they were born to live it. Where is the positive in staying at home for a week or so? People have had the chance now to have three jabs. People can keep wearing masks for a far weaker cold like variant. It just means it would be treated like a cold so if you feel unwell stay home until you're better but no testing for the sake of it to be told you're ill when you're not.
Absolultey! No testing, no pandemic!!! Utterly madness all this testing when people aren’t sick!

Last edited:

HoGi

VIP Member
I won't test if I have to pay for it.

If my employer still want me to test before coming in to the office they can buy them and give them to me.

xyzcba

VIP Member
I knew that was going to be your response, hence I didn't care to waste my time engaging last night.

You obviously have an issue with your child's alcoholic, CT Dad & I would suggest therapy would be a better place to deal with that than tarring everyone else with the same brush.

Apologies that I didn't thank you for your services to the country, for getting the vax for our benefit. But please don't trouble yourself to get it on my behalf. I personally would rather more vaccines went to poorer countries, than millions of healthy Western people having 3 jabs, but that's another argument.

No, we wouldn't still be forever be in quarantine unless you martyr'd yourself for us, as the economy couldn't afford to forever furlough people while we stayed forever locked away. The sensible approach would have been to spend resources looking at early treatment methods, so those catching it were less affected - not just this "stay at home and you'll probably be OK, if not you'll need hospital treatment" approach. Then vax the old, ill, vulnerable & let the rest of society carry on, using the early treatment methods if we started to display symptoms.

• Heart

Fauxphiehinchcliffe

Chatty Member
What I don’t understand is how many times Boris et al are ‘caught out’ with these parties, breaching of restrictions, dodgy deals with friends, flat renovations etc….yet nothing seems to stick? There’s outage for a week; everyone agrees it is unfair and Boris is a cockwomble and so on…he utters some bumbling, mumbling BS half apology and hides until it all dies down…and then it bloody does!

why is he still in office?He just seems to be bloody invincible!

Lisdiz

VIP Member
What do you mean by ‘standard’? If you’re talking about not being able to go to nightclubs etc then I don’t think that’s much of a restriction. Nobody complains that they are being discriminated against if they have to go outside in the cold to smoke. Nobody complains about their rights and freedoms to drive when they’ve been drinking.

If measures aren’t put in place then the virus causes more disruption. There are a lot of people not getting vaccinated for whatever reason and this is bound to undermine the impact the vaccine roll out could have. There are certain places where infections can spread more easily where the conditions encourage it.

I just don’t think our government would be paying out to support such a programme if they were not under huge pressure to do so from something genuinely disruptive. They would secretly (or not) have been quite happy to let Covid burn through the population and kill more people in my view.

As far as travel goes, I had thought people who can prove they’ve recovered from Covid can travel?

Arguably, recovery from Covid is the same thing as having been vaccinated I agree with that.
Too old for nightclubs. But removing people’s right to work is massive, also the vaccines do not stop transmission. Therefore an outbreak can happen in a club full of the vaccinated. Just look at France!
look at what’s happening around the world where covid passports have come in, it’s unjustifiable and has nowt to do with the virus. It is coming here soon……

Last edited:
Reactions: 16

Purrrrrrr

VIP Member
CT’s and anti vaxxers are unfortunately coming out with crazy things. Gwyneth Paltrow and her Goop site have come under fire many times because they post nonsensical things which have no scientific or logical basis.
No not really, it's the media telling you what we crazy CT and anti-vaxers are doing, and you lap it up. You believe it because you want to believe it. I can tell you right here and now it's BS. I've been on CT groups and SM for a very long time and drinking piss is one of the things CT laugh about that the crazy celebs and new health freaks do.

CT, antivax, vaccine-hesitant are all very different things, sometimes they overlap. All CT will be antivax, not all antivax will be CT and vaccine-hesitant are neither. but over time they merge because they see how they are treated when they have a valued reason for not trusting vaccines, but those reasons were dismissed or they were abused as kids while in care and those reasons dismissed.

Out of all of them, the covered vaccine-hesitant are the ones who don't have a reason for being hesitant they just feel they don't need it, or want it or are suspicious of it but they always make sure to say "I'm not antivax..but"

At least the vast majority of anti-vaxers who were antivax before covid have a very good reason for it, in many cases, vaccines or something else prescribed destroyed their lives. they looked into it, they see that far from being rare it's just hidden just like covid vaccine death and injuries are being hidden now.

Today's vaccine-hesitant become the new anti-vaxxers because any fears are brushed off and they are called antivax so they look deeper and see that is how it's always been since vaccines were invented. whenever anyone questions them.

I would love to know how many covid vaccine hesitant that are fully vaccinated as are their children etc are now looking into all vaccines or at least wondering about them. I hope it's many because how you are treated now is how the parents of dead or injured children have been treated.. No one is antivax until something gives them a reason to be.

But as for us drinking piss. 😂

• Heart

Meangirl815

VIP Member
They think it's all over.... It is now. Well march but maybe earlier but if not earlier definitely march because you all know Boris doesn't make commitments unless it involves alcohol and cocaine

I have serious whiplash from the turnaround 🤣

What a wild ride these covid threads have been tho

• Haha

Dollenganger

VIP Member
Sajid javid, dat u? 🧐
So, basically, you don’t have an actual rational response to your position. That’s why these threads always go around in circles.

Another thing that I’ve noticed about the antivaxxers that I personally know is that they are so worried about an adverse reaction to the Covid vaccine but they’re quite happy to drink alcohol and have plastic surgery and Botox and fillers etc.

• Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
This was with quite a strict lockdown and restrictions in place in 2020 though, and a very effective vaccine (in terms of preventing death) for most of 2021.

I hate restrictions and think we need to get on and love with this but I do think without those mitigations, it would have been much higher than winter flu both years.
no way to know if that’s true or if it’s been worth so many negative knock on effects, how many will die due to job losses, poverty, lack of treatment for other illnesses, domestic abuse, alcoholism due to lockdown…..

• Heart

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Again don’t see how this is a positive.
Because people can get on with their life as they were born to live it. Where is the positive in staying at home for a week or so? People have had the chance now to have three jabs. People can keep wearing masks for a far weaker cold like variant. It just means it would be treated like a cold so if you feel unwell stay home until you're better but no testing for the sake of it to be told you're ill when you're not.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
What I've found interesting during this pandemic is so many people are experts on boosting the immune system. Before now they are likely the same people who couldn't give a shit about their health and probably drank and smoked every day, along with eating crap food.

The last two years they've been scrambling to figure out how to undo all that neglect of their body and health. This is why it's important to treat your body well everyday, not just for a few months or a couple years even.

Hopefully this pandemic has woke up people to the poor health of so many people in this country. I'd like to see a big public health campaign to encourage better eating and lifestyles. I don't hold my breath though.