Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Risking sounding CT here, I wonder if there’s trouble getting LFTs so us plebs carry on with our lives without testing

Reactions: 10
To be fair, I like another poster is both unvaccinated and covid recovered, so covid isn’t a death sentence to everybody, I did t need any help or support when i had covid either.
Oh no Of course not. I agree that most people do seem to recover ok. And that’s what the official narrative says too. I’m not terrified of covid. The problem is that unvaccinated people will sometimes get a higher viral load. The percentage of people seriously ill in hospital with Covid is ‘only’ 1% but that’s still a lot of people nationally when you take in to consideration our NHS which has been decimated by the current government.

Reactions: 1
Risking sounding CT here, I wonder if there’s trouble getting LFTs so us plebs carry on with our lives without testing
I don’t think so. People are using them more than before especially since the isolation rule is now 7 days - as long as you test negative (LFT) on day 6 and 7.

Reactions: 3
The death toll is extremely sad, worldwide it is currently 5.5 million people that we know of and even this number could be a lot higher. I don’t think the virus will burn out, I think it will keep mutating and new variants will appear - hopefully less severe as immunity increases evenly around the world.

Now that is something I do not want to be here for. I’m off to Mars. 🚀👩‍🚀🛸👽
We know one thing for sure Boris will have the red carpet laid out for it 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh no Of course not. I agree that most people do seem to recover ok. And that’s what the official narrative says too. I’m not terrified of covid. The problem is that unvaccinated people will sometimes get a higher viral load. The percentage of people seriously ill in hospital with Covid is ‘only’ 1% but that’s still a lot of people nationally when you take in to consideration our NHS which has been decimated by the current government.
But you think it’s unfair that I would want to have my life at the same standard as yours being unvaccinated.

Also just wanted to add that after catching covid, I have been around others whom are vaccinated and caught covid and have escaped reinfection thus far.

so I feel there is an argument for the unvaccinated but covid recovered.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
But you think it’s unfair that I would want to have my life at the same standard as yours being unvaccinated.
What do you mean by ‘standard’? If you’re talking about not being able to go to nightclubs etc then I don’t think that’s much of a restriction. Nobody complains that they are being discriminated against if they have to go outside in the cold to smoke. Nobody complains about their rights and freedoms to drive when they’ve been drinking.

If measures aren’t put in place then the virus causes more disruption. There are a lot of people not getting vaccinated for whatever reason and this is bound to undermine the impact the vaccine roll out could have. There are certain places where infections can spread more easily where the conditions encourage it.

I just don’t think our government would be paying out to support such a programme if they were not under huge pressure to do so from something genuinely disruptive. They would secretly (or not) have been quite happy to let Covid burn through the population and kill more people in my view.

As far as travel goes, I had thought people who can prove they’ve recovered from Covid can travel?

Arguably, recovery from Covid is the same thing as having been vaccinated I agree with that.

Reactions: 4
What do you mean by ‘standard’? If you’re talking about not being able to go to nightclubs etc then I don’t think that’s much of a restriction. Nobody complains that they are being discriminated against if they have to go outside in the cold to smoke. Nobody complains about their rights and freedoms to drive when they’ve been drinking.

If measures aren’t put in place then the virus causes more disruption. There are a lot of people not getting vaccinated for whatever reason and this is bound to undermine the impact the vaccine roll out could have. There are certain places where infections can spread more easily where the conditions encourage it.

I just don’t think our government would be paying out to support such a programme if they were not under huge pressure to do so from something genuinely disruptive. They would secretly (or not) have been quite happy to let Covid burn through the population and kill more people in my view.

As far as travel goes, I had thought people who can prove they’ve recovered from Covid can travel?

Arguably, recovery from Covid is the same thing as having been vaccinated I agree with that.
Too old for nightclubs. But removing people’s right to work is massive, also the vaccines do not stop transmission. Therefore an outbreak can happen in a club full of the vaccinated. Just look at France!
look at what’s happening around the world where covid passports have come in, it’s unjustifiable and has nowt to do with the virus. It is coming here soon……

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Also those who argue about freedom i get frustrations lifes very different these days.
I think reason some countries gone for covid pass is classic carrot 🥕 or stick approach. It probably has led to more being vaccinated as end goal as some will vaccinate because of this given them a push.
1 thing we do know is vaccinated people can still spread the virus so maybe its not great at limiting spread.
But its much more likely think I read 88% chance you won't end up in hospital or dead.
But more worrying boosters 40% effective at 12 weeks and uk planning no more jabs in spring even for clinically vunerable which are more likely to end up in hospital.
Also another concern especially ICUs is there a limit on beds so if half the beds are full because anti vax could patients what happens to one who go ice other illnesses or car crash will doctors then have to decide who gets treated.
Don't forget doctors were asking parents of special needs kids and adults to sign DNR notices during 1st wave last year.
So the idea of vaccinations really is to reduce hospital admissions and deaths thats the aim.

I no longer feel we a free society.
BBC is government propaganda.
We have a corrupt government that's trying to ban peaceful protests and strop away people of their citizenship as well as throw tit in our seas/ rivers and trying sell of NHS to Americans health care..
They seem to want to force vunerable kids into unsafe school and gets teachers and NHS workers to work unlimited hours and work when they sick.
The economy will be truly tit this year and fear as nation we less free than we ever were excluding the covid pandemic which is far from over.
The Conservative party have profited and partied through the pandemic without a thought to ordinary business and people struggling and dying only given contacts to their best mates vip lane and 37biillion to Dido harding.
They don't care if NHS is overwhelmed or people die.
Or inevitable lots kids and teachers miss school. Local school had 75 pupils and staff off this week.

. The problem is that unvaccinated people will sometimes get a higher viral load.
That's not what a doctor told me the other week.
He said that the viral load was subject to your contact.
So vaccinated or not - if you walked passed someone in the street then your viral load will be low, whereas if you spent an hour close to someone positive then your viral load is likely to be higher

He said that even then it's a lottery on how your body handles it, as he's known it go both ways in vaccinated and unvaccinated

Reactions: 9
I’m just not of the opinion that the measures are a conspiracy to bring in totalitarian rule. I don’t think that idea makes any sense.

Vaccines don’t stop transmission but they do reduce it and they also drastically reduce your chances of being hospitalised or dying. Which is surely the whole point of any vaccine.

You say that it’s unfair to remove people’s right to work if they don’t get vaccinated. But if NHS staff work with vulnerable people, such as those undergoing cancer treatment then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to be vaccinated. The people with cancer don’t have a choice do they?

That's not what a doctor told me the other week.
He said that the viral load was subject to your contact.
So vaccinated or not - if you walked passed someone in the street then your viral load will be low, whereas if you spent an hour close to someone positive then your viral load is likely to be higher

He said that even then it's a lottery on how your body handles it, as he's known it go both ways in vaccinated and unvaccinated
Ok, but the bottom line is that you are less likely to be severely ill and need hospital treatment if you’ve been vaccinated.

Reactions: 7
Some countries do accept a previous Covid-19 infection (within 6 months I believe) for travel. I don’t know if this has changed recently.

Personally I think this will change (at least for the foreseeable) especially with countries now coming out with mandatory vaccines! - why would they let people in who haven’t been vaccinated when their citizens are required to by law 🤨😞

I
I’m just not of the opinion that the measures are a conspiracy to bring in totalitarian rule. I don’t think that idea makes any sense.

Vaccines don’t stop transmission but they do reduce it and they also drastically reduce your chances of being hospitalised or dying. Which is surely the whole point of any vaccine.

You say that it’s unfair to remove people’s right to work if they don’t get vaccinated. But if NHS staff work with vulnerable people, such as those undergoing cancer treatment then I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect them to be vaccinated. The people with cancer don’t have a choice do they?

Ok, but the bottom line is that you are less likely to be severely ill and need hospital treatment if you’ve been vaccinated.
How many jabs are you willing to have?
top lines is, the vast majority of people, unvaccinated, will make a full recovery and need no medical treatment.

I do not think it’s fair to sack staff that have worked bloody hard over the whole pandemic for failing to take a vaccine which doesn’t fully stop the spread, in fact I think it’s idiotic and will cause more damage to the NHS like it has the care homes.

A local care home is having an outbreak amongst the residence after a staff member tested positive. This after sacking unvaccinated staff.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Maybe. I've got two fully vaccinated people that I know who are refusing any boosters after how ill they got even though they were fully vaccinated.
One was in hospital for over a week - both of them have unvaccinated friends who have had covid and been fine

Like it or not, people will act anecdotally and personally to what they do going forward

Reactions: 12
I will share something I found with the virus. It felt like it moved around my body looking for weaknesses. This would then trigger off strange feelings in Strange places. Aches, weird bodily responses. It has also effected my monthly cycle.

This makes me wonder if it exposes bodily weaknesses, because it attaches itself to the area and if the weakness is big enough it kills you?
might explain why

How many jabs are you willing to have?
top lines is, the vast majority of people, unvaccinated, will make a full recovery and need no medical treatment.

I do not think it’s fair to sack staff that have worked bloody hard over the whole pandemic for failing to take a vaccine which doesn’t fully stop the spread, in fact I think it’s idiotic and will cause more damage to the NHS like it has the care homes.

A local care home is having an outbreak amongst the residence after a staff member tested positive. This after sacking vaccinated staff.
That’s interesting - I had the same feeling after the first vaccine, actually - going to weak parts of my body. No effect on my cycle though. I have felt that scientists will try to develop a vaccine which doesn’t need to be given so often.

Personally I think this will change (at least for the foreseeable) especially with countries now coming out with mandatory vaccines! - why would they let people in who haven’t been vaccinated when their citizens are required to by law 🤨😞
The rules vary country to country and requirements change too.

‘How many jabs are you willing to have?
top lines is, the vast majority of people, unvaccinated, will make a full recovery and need no medical treatment.’
I do not think it’s fair to sack staff that have worked bloody hard over the whole pandemic for failing to take a vaccine which doesn’t fully stop the spread, in fact I think it’s idiotic and will cause more damage to the NHS like it has the care homes.’

Yes, the problem is that in a situation like this the government has to use blanket rules and sometimes in certain individual situations they will be unfair or they will seem to make no sense. The problem is that nobody had any immunity to Covid before whereas with Swine flu, people already did.

It's not just about nightclubs though...

In Costa Rica you're not allowed to enter a bank unless you've been vaccinated. #from 8th jan it's also includes "Hotels, resorts, restaurants, bars, museums, stores "

"It's no vax no petrol" in Lahore Pakistan .

Some videos floating around of people not being allowed access to food stores in the US.

Reports too that if you're a farmer you can not enter grain sites to drop your grain.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
The rules vary country to country and requirements change too.
I know they do. However, currently there are a lot of rules in place for many EU countries. For example, Greece are fining residents, over 60, £100 euros a month if they are unvaccinated 😧😧! I have this big dread that there will be some EU law brought in, where all counties in the EU will have mandatory vaccines. Though, Maybe I’m being dramatic and a bit of conspiracy theorist 😅. But I don’t think it’s that crazy. Even the UK are forcing health care workers to be vaccinated. I’m just thinking as a citizen, if the Uk had a mandatory vaccine in place for all adults or even just over 60’s, we as a nation would be fuming if they then let in unvaccinated holiday makers.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.