Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't particularly keen on a vaccine, but the thing is, I wanted to get them because otherwise I won't be able to travel where I want to. Every country will eventually require at least two jabs. If you are a keen traveller, you have no other options to get around travel.
EU will require at least 3 Ireland have already updated their covid pass

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Has there been a social gathering boris hasn’t attended in the last 2 years then 😂

the opening of a freshly painted toilet cubicle??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I wasn't particularly keen on a vaccine, but the thing is, I wanted to get them because otherwise I won't be able to travel where I want to. Every country will eventually require at least two jabs. If you are a keen traveller, you have no other options to get around travel.
This is another issue that is affecting my toddler’s dad. He is absolutely determined not to get the vaccine. He has in the last 6 months taken a job which requires him to travel. He’s really enjoying the job and yet is now constantly stressing about the travel issue. And the point where he has to admit he can’t travel and won’t be vaccinated. All because he’s Determined To Be Right. I think it’s madness. He loves travelling too and is fully agreeable to never travel again. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Nobody wants to be in this position but most jobs are going to be problematic this way if it’s the type of job he does.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
EU will require at least 3 Ireland have already updated their covid pass
I only had my 2nd about 7 weeks ago. I have a cousin and two friends who have only had 1 single jab, who are not sure they want a second jab. Not sure what they'll do about travel. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not gonna lie, I worry about them, but they are all around the same age as me (33) and are fairly fit and healthy so they should, in theory, be okay, but who knows.

I know that Colombia requires two jabs only, unless they have changed that. Kenya requires travellers to be fully jabbed. I don't travel a whole lot in Europe anyway, but eventually I will likely get the booster.

This is another issue that is affecting my toddler’s dad. He is absolutely determined not to get the vaccine. He has in the last 6 months taken a job which requires him to travel. He’s really enjoying the job and yet is now constantly stressing about the travel issue. And the point where he has to admit he can’t travel and won’t be vaccinated. All because he’s Determined To Be Right. I think it’s madness. He loves travelling too and is fully agreeable to never travel again. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Nobody wants to be in this position but most jobs are going to be problematic this way if it’s the type of job he does.
Yeah I don't know what else can be done. unfortunately, this is going to be the new normal. I'd rather it not be that way and we could just enter countries with a negative test, but now they are implementing the 2 (at least) jab rule.

Reactions: 3
Well I’ve had 3 vaccines and still caught the omicron variant 🤷🏻‍♀️. I don’t think any amount of the current vaccines can protect against this particular variant. What I will say though is while I felt absolutely shite the first few days, I have recovered so much quicker! It’s been a week tomorrow now and I’m ready to leave the house.
My friend was the same. She’d had 2 AZ vaccines - she tested positive then negative within 5 days. Weirdly, she had this orange tongue when she was unwell. Anyone else have this? She sent me a picture of it!

My friend who I mentioned earlier on the thread is finally starting to feel better today so I’m very relieved. I was getting very concerned about him.

They found out that I was no longer protected against measles mumps and rubella. I had to be revaccinated when I was 12. While, I don’t know a lot about how long vaccines last I was always under impression the MMR was pretty long standing. Has got me wondering whether my body just doesn’t take to vaccines well. Pure speculation of course but an interesting thought!
I had my BCG as a child. Had what is noted on my medical records as an 'adverse reaction' that injection site became inflamed when i had my covid booster.
I had my MMR jab no reactions. But i have no immunity to measles. I was giving a booster to protect me (my 1yr old at the time had suspected measles and i was 8mths pregnant) during my next pregnancy my routine bloods show i still have no measles immunity 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Interestingly i have got covid antibodies and haven't had covid to my knowledge so those jabs clearly worked

Reactions: 1
You can chase them, it might not make a difference if the test labs are overwhelmed but it could help.

Sorry your son is scared, I'd reassure him that it's like a cold (if he's symptomatic) and just a nuisance having to stay at home but he'll be ok.
Children shouldn't be terrified of Covid x
Ah honestly it's horrible he does have symptoms but similar to that of a cold. He just knows covid can be dangerous to some and obviously at 6 that means danger to him, bless him. This pandemic and lockdown etc haven't been kind to the children however essential they were.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Yet people forget the virus has mutated since the start of the pandemic and can evade immunity from previous infection/vaccine. That doesn’t mean the vaccines are useless. As I have previously said, initial trials of the vaccines where against dominant strains at that time and they did reduce transmission/severity/death. Since then, the virus has mutated, however the vaccines do protect and reduce risk.
I didn't say the vaccines are useless. I said that the same people are telling us two different things.

As I said the other day, the virus will always mutate and vaccines will never keep up with that.
The current vaccines are made for the Wuhan strain

It would be interesting to know who are those in hospital suffering from the Omicron, and whether they have only had two jabs, but zero booster, or whether they are all unvaccinated. Unvaccinated means no jabs at all, right? Or do they mean unvaccinated against the Omicron? I'm assuming it's no jabs whatsoever. 🤔
At the moment unvaccinated means zero vaccines, but that will be changing soon I believe.
Boris tried changing the narrative just before Xmas by saying that the people in hospital weren't boostered.
We'll never know true figure because all we're given publically are stats that say how many in hospital and if they're vaccinated or not.
It was shown the other day (iirc) that about 25% of cases in hospital are there for other reasons and just happen to be positive

Reactions: 6
Good for him for sticking to his principles and bodily autonomy. Travel restrictions are a temporary thing but once you get injected you can’t undo it. Nothing will ever make me get mine, I made my choice and will not bullied, coerced or ostracised from society. I have trust in my own decision and nothing would make me think otherwise and I’m pretty sure he would be the same, the sooner you accept that the better.
I don't understand people who think like you and you don’t understand people who think like me. We have all made decisions like adults so they should be respected. We are human beings just trying to live our lives in the way we want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My sister is classed as CEV she was called up in the first round of vaccinations. She was ill for about 12 hours after however when she had the second she was fine. Her husband is also vaccinated.

They both caught covid early October and she was very ill from it. It went on for around 3 weeks before it was on her chest and she ended up on antibiotics, it took her a good 5/6 weeks to recover. Her husband who is not vulnerable was also fairly ill, he is very fit.

She was due to get her booster at the time of catching covid so hasn't had it and they have both decided not to get it due to how bad they both were, even though they were vaccinated.

Also, the reason they wanted to be fully vaccinated was so they could travel but now many countries are asking for children to be vaccinated this has also swayed them into not getting boosted. They won't vaccinate the children.

Travel restrictions are a temporary thing but once you get injected you can’t undo it.
I think this and will just wait it out, I'm a bit peeved because we had just started travelling a lot more and further afield now the kids have got older!

Reactions: 9
Travel is not just for holidays, many people are separated by water but still choose not to have unwanted medical procedures that don't make sense in that you could still catch and transmit afterwards.
Perhaps just perhaps if we had all stuck together and only people at risk or who really wanted it had had the vaccines we may not be in this situation where jobs are threatened and travel restricted.
IT depresses me to hear that people took it not for health reasons.
As it does children being frightened of cold symptoms.

Reactions: 11
@Dollenganger
I have to say I've been quite astounded by your posts. You stated that 'most people's concerns are about fertility' - which showed sheer ignorance from the off. So of the 15million or however many there are unvaxxed, you know most and that's their reason? I have about 10 different reasons for not getting it, none of which I have the inclination or obligation to explain to you.

You've then conceded that actually it's just the CT theorists you know, of which the father of your child is one, so that's an emotive reason for you there; and sounds like it clouds your judgement/closes your mind to other possibilities.

You trust the scientists - but don't appreciate the ones you are listening to have been paid/funded to say these things - and there are many many articles and thousands of hours of interviews online of scientists who are speaking out against it, risking their careers & livelihoods, and ridicule from their peers, for why? I can assure you it's not just to 'shill a book from amazon' that might sell 5000 copies - worth risking a long-standing career & reputation over? Not really.

So just to simplify it for you. No Long Term Data is a good starting point for a reason why some / many people are hesitant. You said yourself you happily have cosmetic procedures with no idea what's in them - and therefore presumably have no consideration to the long term affects of treatment. That is totally your prerogative, as it's your body. Some of us might choose to be more careful, and shouldn't be berated for that fact.

Remember that in the 30s and 40s, Dr's actually recommended smoking as healthy! So your blind trust in what you're being told, and lack of long term data doesn't look good against that does it?

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
My friend was the same. She’d had 2 AZ vaccines - she tested positive then negative within 5 days. Weirdly, she had this orange tongue when she was unwell. Anyone else have this? She sent me a picture of it!
No orange tongue but a friend of my brother in law suffered from tongue paralysis after AZ.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
@Dollenganger
I have to say I've been quite astounded by your posts. You stated that 'most people's concerns are about fertility' - which showed sheer ignorance from the off. So of the 15million or however many there are unvaxxed, you know most and that's their reason? I have about 10 different reasons for not getting it, none of which I have the inclination or obligation to explain to you.

You've then conceded that actually it's just the CT theorists you know, of which the father of your child is one, so that's an emotive reason for you there; and sounds like it clouds your judgement/closes your mind to other possibilities.

You trust the scientists - but don't appreciate the ones you are listening to have been paid/funded to say these things - and there are many many articles and thousands of hours of interviews online of scientists who are speaking out against it, risking their careers & livelihoods, and ridicule from their peers, for why? I can assure you it's not just to 'shill a book from amazon' that might sell 5000 copies - worth risking a long-standing career & reputation over? Not really.

So just to simplify it for you. No Long Term Data is a good starting point for a reason why some / many people are hesitant. You said yourself you happily have cosmetic procedures with no idea what's in them - and therefore presumably have no consideration to the long term affects of treatment. That is totally your prerogative, as it's your body. Some of us might choose to be more careful, and shouldn't be berated for that fact.

Remember that in the 30s and 40s, Dr's actually recommended smoking as healthy! So your blind trust in what you're being told, and lack of long term data doesn't look good against that does it?
The whole ‘doctors used to recommend smoking’ is a ridiculous argument. Modern medicine has afforded us many miraculous treatments. They far outweigh the mistakes that have been made. I assume you never go to hospital or consult a doctor when you need to?

I’m entitled to my opinion whether you like it or not. You sound very defensive. Nobody is forcing you to get vaccinated. I don’t care to hear why either frankly.

If everyone was against the vaccines then we’d still be quarantined. I don’t see you suggesting another way that we could have got out of quarantine.

Good for him for sticking to his principles and bodily autonomy. Travel restrictions are a temporary thing but once you get injected you can’t undo it. Nothing will ever make me get mine, I made my choice and will not bullied, coerced or ostracised from society. I have trust in my own decision and nothing would make me think otherwise and I’m pretty sure he would be the same, the sooner you accept that the better.
I don't understand people who think like you and you don’t understand people who think like me. We have all made decisions like adults so they should be respected. We are human beings just trying to live our lives in the way we want to.
Ah well he’s so concerned about his ‘bodily autonomy’ that he’s practically an alcoholic. Makes perfect sense really(!) Then again, he thinks that Donald Trump is a good person so I don’t find his perspective on life to be particularly sound.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I honestly have no clue. Can only go from my own experience which has been a tit show. I’ve had covid three times now and stuck to all the rules, masked up etc etc. I’ll admit the first time I had it, it was horrendous and I wasn’t vaccinated then (didn’t have the option to be), other times no where near as bad. However, I do think it depends on the person, my immune system is rubbish (though not classed as vulnerable), has been since I had glandular fever as a child, I do wonder if that has played some part in my immune response 🤔. Also interestingly, after I had glandular fever, I had to have many blood tests as I didn’t recover well. They found out that I was no longer protected against measles mumps and rubella. I had to be revaccinated when I was 12. While, I don’t know a lot about how long vaccines last I was always under impression the MMR was pretty long standing. Has got me wondering whether my body just doesn’t take to vaccines well. Pure speculation of course but an interesting thought!
I am so sorry you been so unlucky with health and maybe you have a point the % they give is an average general % of protection but every individual stimulate a personal level of protection i assume no way to measure.
We know some immunosuppressed people were advised not to vaccinate as they don't think vaccine would take.
We told older people vaccines are less effective than young hence why they always been on top list for vaccines and boosters.
I said last year its quite possible in the UK as so hard see a gp that many are walking round with underlying conditions they not aware of healthcare in uk is very reactive not proactive or very good at preventing health problems like obesity, heart disease and diabetes.
We are a fairly unhealthy nation maybe that's a reason we been got so hard especially poorer areas as helath is linked to the economy and education.
I am overweight I know what I need to do I just can't seem do it.
I'm reasonably fit as hate driving and walk everywhere.
Heard of so many fit skinny people who got covid bad those who ran marathon or regularly go gym and eat strict diet.
Covid doesn't seem to dicrimate or just target the obese.
It also affects healthy people and children.

I read today the overall vaccination rate 2 jabs in the UK its 68% thats lower than other UK countries..
Booster only 35%. Some cities especially have quite poor vaccination rates think its only 50% Bristol who had 3 jabs maybe even 2.
London possibly similar there are many barriers.
Very few people are true anti vaxxers.

Some are hesitant as don't like needles who does.
I have fear needles also even bigger fear dentist's and not seen one in few years and reGreat that decision as impossible find nhs dentist now.
Others don't speak the language.
Easy access to vaccination centres the only one in Bath required car or poor bus service.
I don't like needles at all but I want to do as much as I can to give me better odds of being safe.
Also would love to go abroad again.
I think Scotland are changing fully vaccinated to mean at least 3 doses and imagine lots other countries will be the same.
I am concerned about my parents when this booster wears off.
My children hardly seen their grandparents as chance of them having covid in school is very high and they either not fully vaccinated or not vaccinated at all.

I think we have to move away from this well the vaccines don't stop transmission or I still got it and focus on well I was less ill,I didn't end up in hospital or dead as a win.
Vaccine passport are a blunt instrument to try and persuade more people to vaccinate.
I don't think I agree with mandatory vaccines or forcing NHS workers although its tricky as mandatory for them to have other jabs.

What I am pissed off with is people anti vax spreading disinformation.
Trying to get child vaccines stopped and not give parents choice.
Attacking hospital , nhs and vaccines centres.
If they don't want it fine but leave others who do want it alone.
Same with anti masks trying get masks banned in schools by some mps working with us for them and influencing the education secretary and the chair of education committee.
Bloody detest the likes of Denise welch and Julia hartley brewer who are currently sunning themselves in the carribean .
Let's face it these celebs / mps will be able to afford private healthcareso they don't care about consequences of their actions
At the moment in the UK I don't think you can opt to pay privately for covid 19 jabs but I bet in time you maybe able to use money to give yourself a safer advantage.

They are working on moderna and pfizer 2 of other countries buy it and we don't then what.
We need a med to long term plan of covid that we just not getting.
If rishi hasent even included covid in the next budget thats worrying.
The government denying they going to charge for tests this morning so maybe they trying to test the policies by leaking to papers. I don't trust our media anymore maybe channel 4 news

I knew that was going to be your response, hence I didn't care to waste my time engaging last night.

You obviously have an issue with your child's alcoholic, CT Dad & I would suggest therapy would be a better place to deal with that than tarring everyone else with the same brush.

Apologies that I didn't thank you for your services to the country, for getting the vax for our benefit. But please don't trouble yourself to get it on my behalf. I personally would rather more vaccines went to poorer countries, than millions of healthy Western people having 3 jabs, but that's another argument.

No, we wouldn't still be forever be in quarantine unless you martyr'd yourself for us, as the economy couldn't afford to forever furlough people while we stayed forever locked away. The sensible approach would have been to spend resources looking at early treatment methods, so those catching it were less affected - not just this "stay at home and you'll probably be OK, if not you'll need hospital treatment" approach. Then vax the old, ill, vulnerable & let the rest of society carry on, using the early treatment methods if we started to display symptoms.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I knew that was going to be your response, hence I didn't care to waste my time engaging last night.

You obviously have an issue with your child's alcoholic, CT Dad & I would suggest therapy would be a better place to deal with that than tarring everyone else with the same brush because you picked a wrong'un.

Apologies that I didn't thank you for your services to the country, for getting the vax for our benefit. But please don't trouble yourself to get it on my behalf. I personally would rather more vaccines went to poorer countries, than millions of healthy Western people having 3 jabs, but that's another argument.

No, we wouldn't still be forever be in quarantine unless you martyr'd yourself for us, as the economy couldn't afford to forever furlough people while we stayed forever locked away. The sensible approach would have been to spend resources looking at early treatment methods, so those catching it were less affected - not just this "stay at home and you'll probably be OK, if not you'll need hospital treatment" approach. Then vax the old, ill, vulnerable & let the rest of society carry on, using the early treatment methods if we started to display symptoms.
Just stop being so rude. My posts aren’t directed at one person. The fact that you need to be so personal says far more about you than it does about me to be honest.

Reactions: 9

You obviously have an issue with your child's alcoholic, CT Dad & I would suggest therapy would be a better place to deal with that than tarring everyone else with the same brush.

Not to mention those who are still in self imposed 'quarantine' because they are absolutely terrified still!

Reactions: 5
Just stop being so rude. My posts aren’t directed at one person. The fact that you need to be so personal says far more about you than it does about me to be honest.
You've come on here very high and mighty, making sweeping generalisations about people you know nothing about, and been quite rude yourself. You've made it pretty clear the person you are in your many ranty posts.

I answered your question which you asked repeatedly about how to get out of it, but that doesn't suit your argument so you'll ignore it.

I suggest we both pop each other on the Ignore button. Enjoy your Sunday.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.