Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any of those caught were charged and many have been taken to court.

Any of those who did it and were fined should have their money given back .. Many broke the rules to see loved ones most didn't do it to party.

You cannot have members of the public charged while those who make the rules get away with it
I totally agree, I just wonder how many are there to jump on it against Boris when many did it themselves. The ones near me were social visits 100%

Reactions: 2
Any of those caught were charged and many have been taken to court.

Any of those who did it and were fined should have their money given back .. Many broke the rules to see loved ones most didn't do it to party.

You cannot have members of the public charged while those who make the rules get away with it
anyone listening to that shower of shites from now on is a mug 🤣
We need to get on with life and accept a flu is a flu, and not worth destroying peoples health and livelihood for any longer.

I doubted bojob was ever in ICU and his actions just confirm that for me. all governments overreacted. We’re paying the price, and not just with obnoxious NHS workers and batshit laws and restrictions.
Many won’t agree but that how I feel right this minute.

Reactions: 27
20 may 2020
The day before the anniversary of my dad's death (pre covid). A day i went to visit my heartbroken mam and cuddled her. Then APOLOGISED to her for breaking the rules.
This time last year was my FIL's funeral where we were so scared of being caught having a 'wake' we parked cars streets away.

They're just my examples. I'm guessing everyone has their own.

Our government is a disgrace an absolute disgrace and Bojo needs to go

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
anyone listening to that shower of shites from now on is a mug 🤣
We need to get on with life and accept a flu is a flu, and not worth destroying peoples health and livelihood for any longer.

I doubted bojob was ever in ICU and his actions just confirm that for me. all governments overreacted. We’re paying the price, and not just with obnoxious NHS workers and batshit laws and restrictions.
Many won’t agree but that how I feel right this minute.
I think that he really was in ICU. But the fact that he was really sick hasn’t made him more concerned or empathetic about anyone else who could die of covid, or about how Covid has decimated peoples jobs and incomes and mental health because as far as he’s concerned, he’s above all of us plebs.

This was the day my uncle was buried. We were not allowed in the church so sat outside and watch the live stream. 8 of us allowed at the cemetery my gran and her sister couldn’t even go and be together when she came from Edinburgh

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
A lady on the radio was saying while they were having the party she was having her hands and feet removed due to sepsis after having covid... to covid. She said she was very confused about everything and thought because her family were not there when she woke up it was because they had abandoned her

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I've had 4 zoom funerals over the pandemic. Funerals where I watched family and friends of the deceased sitting on chairs metres away from each other to socially distance and stick to the rules, whereas they should have been hugging and comforting each other. The government have been cruel with their powers.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Positive PCR result has come through for me and my son less than 24 hours after the test. Incredible how quickly they turn these around given the volumes.
Had a message off my son’s teacher advising she has uploaded school work and will do daily and he can he do reading too via some online platform. They can get stuffed! You don’t get school work if they’re off for any other illness. I’m not even replying.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Had a message off my son’s teacher advising she has uploaded school work and will do daily and he can he do reading too via some online platform. They can get stuffed! You don’t get school work if they’re off for any other illness. I’m not even replying.
This is an interesting point

I know students are encouraged to catch up on work once they're back/feeling better, but I wonder if this online learning stuff has basically meant that students would be expected to work even if they're ill? Though I suppose it does make catching up a lot easier than having to turn up to class and ask the teacher what you have done and then the teacher not being prepared and etc etc

Reactions: 1
They set them work if they're isolating although not if they've got symptoms .

This is an interesting point

I know students are encouraged to catch up on work once they're back/feeling better, but I wonder if this online learning stuff has basically meant that students would be expected to work even if they're ill? Though I suppose it does make catching up a lot easier than having to turn up to class and ask the teacher what you have done and then the teacher not being prepared and etc etc
I think they should only assign work if you’ve told them you are asymptomatic. I told them clearly yesterday that we have symptoms and that I am quite unwell. My son is only 8 so can’t work independently without me helping. I think this assigning work things goes back to when whole classes were sent home to self isolate and it’s kind of stuck now.
I’m not sure how helpful the work they set is with helping them keep up anyway to be honest. They just give random worksheets and stuff. He can go back to school next Monday as long as he has 2 negative lateral flow tests, so will only miss 4 days.

Funny thing is,
The U.K. will let him get away with it, the torys will rally together eventually, elections are a while away.

It won’t make a difference in 2 weeks time, the enquiry will be done, social media outrage for a week,
Bojo talks about world breaking vaccine numbers and the likes,

the U.K. forgets everything.

Reactions: 13
Funny thing is,
The U.K. will let him get away with it, the torys will rally together eventually, elections are a while away.

It won’t make a difference in 2 weeks time, the enquiry will be done, social media outrage for a week,
Bojo talks about world breaking vaccine numbers and the likes,

the U.K. forgets everything.
If his party start pushing him out and try to replace him, it certainly won't end in his favour. Though it will of course end in the Tories favour. I think the party, and especially the people looking to try and go for the position, are waiting to see if more evidence comes out and what - or who - it shows. Then they move on and everyone forgets as you say

I also can't see anyone wanting to take over during the Omicron wave. It doesn't look too bad at the moment but if things start going south with the NHS + all the other changes they're looking to make it won't be the 'perfect' start for the new PM

I think there’s a typo in there somewhere 🙃
5F0159C1-3912-4F5D-B7BA-247A3AD296A9.jpeg

At least some of them are being brought to justice

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
First. I truly do believe that Boris is of low enough intelligence to not to be able to work out if it was a work event or not.

Second, why is not being able to go to a funeral or see a sick relative even relevant? I understand that it would be if Boris had sneeked off to a funeral he shouldn't have gone to or visited his sick aunt but otherwise it looks like opportunistic whataboutery.

If his party start pushing him out and try to replace him, it certainly won't end in his favour. Though it will of course end in the Tories favour. I think the party, and especially the people looking to try and go for the position, are waiting to see if more evidence comes out and what - or who - it shows. Then they move on and everyone forgets as you say

I also can't see anyone wanting to take over during the Omicron wave. It doesn't look too bad at the moment but if things start going south with the NHS + all the other changes they're looking to make it won't be the 'perfect' start for the new PM
benefits everyone keeping him in place for the moment, even the next Marvel cast member In the making Sir Starmsalot isn’t gonna want to take a sip out of that poison chalice any time soon.

First. I truly do believe that Boris is of low enough intelligence to not to be able to work out if it was a work event or not.

Second, why is not being able to go to a funeral or see a sick relative even relevant? I understand that it would be if Boris had sneeked off to a funeral he shouldn't have gone to or visited his sick aunt but otherwise it looks like opportunistic whataboutery.
Well if theres x amount could gather in a garden for drinks why couldn't x amount attend a funeral/wake or wedding 🤷‍♀️ they can be held outdoors too.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.