Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t know if this is the right place to ask but has anyone else not had a period since having covid? I had it in December and my period is 2 weeks late this month and I’m always on time
In like this after any virus. I had a cold virus before Christmas (non covid) and my period turned up 3 weeks late.

My husband tested positive again this morning, after having Covid in mid-November. Is this a record?!
No chance it’s picked up his previous infection because it’s less than 90 days?

Reactions: 7
Screenshot_20220118_133140.jpg

🎵 Nobody told me,
That I had a party,
That looked like a work do,
That I had in February of last year🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 997230

🎵 Nobody told me,
That I had a party,
I'm having me a party
(I don't think I can come)
Uh, uh, this ain't just any kind of party
(Nah, I think I'll stay at home)
Uh, oh, no It's gonna be really, really hot
(Startin' to sound good)
I'm gonna put you on the spot
(Baby, maybe I should)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Apparently face masks in shops and on transport will remain for a while longer even if the other restrictions are lifted.

Reactions: 4
No chance it’s picked up his previous infection because it’s less than 90 days?
We considered this but he's been testing negative regularly on LFTs as he's NHS. He started with a sore throat yesterday and came home with a load of Lockets/Soothers. Then he woke up this morning feeling absolutely wiped out, and it was a really strong positive line. 119 have told him he doesn't need a PCR. The rest of us in the house are all negative.

Listen, when he went into that garden he thought he was attending a work event. No more questions your honor.

I don't think it's out of the question as far as Boris is concerned he'll follow the booze .

Reactions: 3
View attachment 997230

🎵 Nobody told me,
That I had a party,
🎵 Honey came in and she caught me red handed, creeping with the girl next door….why should she believe me when I told her it wasn’t me 🎵

Puts me in mind of the above song. Apologies to anyone not as old as me who doesn’t know it 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Another twenty five and a half thousand decrease :) Every day we are another step closer to the nightmare being over unless we get the worst variant yet.

FJZZs61XIAA77ug?format=png&name=small.png

Reactions: 3
This was with quite a strict lockdown and restrictions in place in 2020 though, and a very effective vaccine (in terms of preventing death) for most of 2021.

I hate restrictions and think we need to get on and love with this but I do think without those mitigations, it would have been much higher than winter flu both years.
Theres been 17,000 deaths in TOTAL in the UK since the first came over. Those deaths are people who have died FROM covid.

The remainder of deaths to date are those who have died from underlying conditions and caught covid and people who had a recorded positive test within 29 days prior to death.

So lockdowns and vaccines have played a part, however I still think covid taking 17,000 lives is better than the 150,000 odd we are led to believe

Scotland dropping all restrictions from Monday.

Wonder if they will include passports too?

Reactions: 9
We considered this but he's been testing negative regularly on LFTs as he's NHS. He started with a sore throat yesterday and came home with a load of Lockets/Soothers. Then he woke up this morning feeling absolutely wiped out, and it was a really strong positive line. 119 have told him he doesn't need a PCR. The rest of us in the house are all negative.
Do you think that's how it will go ,round in circles every couple of months ? it could still make for a lot of disruption yet even if it is milder.

Reactions: 1
‘Nocebo effect’: two-thirds of Covid jab reactions not caused by vaccine, study suggests

(I tried to link the study but it has just been published so it is not showing up)
Yeah there's many doctors like to tell people " it's all in your head " but I think your body recognizes when things aren't right ( at least mine does ) always best to trust your own instinct/senses and seek a second opinion if you're still concerned imo.

Reactions: 11
Yeah there's many doctors like to tell people " it's all in your head " but I think your body recognizes when things aren't right ( at least mine does ) always best to trust your own instinct/senses and seek a second opinion if you're still concerned imo.
Yes of course this does happen. However when under stress, anxiety and general strains of everyday life - psychosomatic symptoms can occur.

‘Nocebo effect’: two-thirds of Covid jab reactions not caused by vaccine, study suggests

(I tried to link the study but it has just been published so it is not showing up)
Misleading… thats reactions like headaches, fatigue, aching etc. What about the heart and menstrual problems, clots, shingles, strokes etc? They are the reactions that are the concerning ones.

Reactions: 9
Misleading… thats reactions like headaches, fatigue, aching etc. What about the heart and menstrual problems, clots, shingles, strokes etc? They are the reactions that are the concerning ones.
It does mention that it did not look at all side effects. I clicked on the link to the actual journal paper but it doesn’t look like there is access yet as it has just been published.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.