Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder how it will be when self isolation is no longer required? As in, do you think some people will feel a pressure to self isolate if they develop Covid like symptoms, even though no longer mandatory? Iā€™m wondering if someone came into a busy office coughing for example, they would be frowned upon? Curious if it will quickly get back to normal, or if peopleā€™s attitudes have been really affected by this. I know some people are still really frightened by Covid.

Reactions: 12
They think it's all over.... It is now. Well march but maybe earlier but if not earlier definitely march because you all know Boris doesn't make commitments unless it involves alcohol and cocaine

I have serious whiplash from the turnaround šŸ¤£

What a wild ride these covid threads have been tho

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel really good about everything. It's always going to be met with people who think it's too soon etc but we've had 2 years of this now. Life has to continue and businesses need to be able to try and recover. Covid isn't going anywhere we just have to learn to live alongside it

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I feel really good about everything. It's always going to be met with people who think it's too soon etc but we've had 2 years of this now. Life has to continue and businesses need to be able to try and recover. Covid isn't going anywhere we just have to learn to live alongside it
Yeah ,I think we have to grab it by the horns when the goings good and worry about NV when/if they arise .

Reactions: 11
Scrapping the passports - I assume it will be still mandatory for travel?
Does it just mean it's scrapped to enter events and such then?

Reactions: 2
Scrapping the passports - I assume it will be still mandatory for travel?
Does it just mean it's scrapped to enter events and such then?
For travel it will probably stay as it depends on the country you are entering and majority ask to see one.

I think for large events it is getting scrapped.

Reactions: 3
Wonder how it will be when self isolation is no longer required? As in, do you think some people will feel a pressure to self isolate if they develop Covid like symptoms, even though no longer mandatory? Iā€™m wondering if someone came into a busy office coughing for example, they would be frowned upon? Curious if it will quickly get back to normal, or if peopleā€™s attitudes have been really affected by this. I know some people are still really frightened by Covid.
Maybe at first but how many people went to work full of cold before all this.
Im intrested what nhs staff policys will be around it all.

People in my office used to come in to prove they were ill to then be sent home. As it didn't go down as sick if you were sent home.

But now everyone can work from home their is far more transparency, so people will say I have a cough/cold so I will work from home instead of coming in.

Reactions: 6
People in my office used to come in to prove they were ill to then be sent home. As it didn't go down as sick if you were sent home.

But now everyone can work from home their is far more transparency, so people will say I have a cough/cold so I will work from home instead of coming in.
Definitely easier now wfh, although another question is how many will continue to wfh when things go ā€œback to normalā€? Curious if most companies will continue to be happy with staff doing this long-term, or if many will want to return to being office based.

Definitely easier now wfh, although another question is how many will continue to wfh when things go ā€œback to normalā€? Curious if most companies will continue to be happy with staff doing this long-term, or if many will want to return to being office based.
I agree.

We were hybrid before covid. So are just going back to hybrid.

But my husband always worked 100% in the office and has been hybrid since October 2020. He was doing 2 days in the office but it has crept up to 3 as it is just easier in the office. I wouldn't be shocked if long term he was in the office pretty much full time.

I agree.

We were hybrid before covid. So are just going back to hybrid.

But my husband always worked 100% in the office and has been hybrid since October 2020. He was soong 2 days in the office but it has crept up to 3 as it is just easier in the office. I wouldn't be shocked if long term he was in the office pretty much full time.
I definitely think there will be mounting pressure from some companies for employees to return to the office. I imagine HR departments will be very busy with people objecting to this! I know at my company, many have already submitted official requests to wfh on a permanent basis.

Both of my local trusts still require 10 days isolation and confirmation via PCR. I think the NHS will be much more cautious in relaxing rules about covid.

That is until the staffing crisis is made worse by losing unvaccinated staff. Then it will probably follow suit

My sept has tripled in size since covid, so the majority have never been into an office. Canā€™t really set it happening tbh

I think weā€™ll be staying hybrid. I went into the office twice after restrictions were removed last July.

I didnā€™t mind it, but was glad to get back to working from home the next day

They seem to take a very different stance to the Uk ,they like to tread carefully .
The EU aren't treading that carefully when countries such as France and Germany are having record high case numbers. By next week at the latest every day case numbers will be below six figures.

FJejD8mXEAMc-Tc?format=png&name=small.png

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.