Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Anyone else get the sense that Amie can't relax? Everything has to be perfect with her. The cocker spaniel hair must be just-so, her feet must be forced into pointed toe blush pink stilettos at all times, the moss balls must be positioned in groups of thre--I SAID DON'T TOUCH THEM, DAN! Even if she's sipping champagne by the pool on vacation, she's probably still nervously calculating whether or not her holiday is perfect enough or if she'll have time to browse Duty-Free. Like, I'll bet she's never even farted in front of her husband, she's that uptight.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
She definitely looks closer to 5'4"; everything about her-- tiny hands and feet, short arms and torso-- looks like she's petite.

Also:
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.21.21 PM.jpg

Please 👏 Stop 👏 Doing 👏 This. It's the facial equivalent of that verbal tic where you end? every? sentence? like a question? Every time I see this stupid expression I want to punch my screen (and these are just from videos she's posted this year).

• Haha
Reactions: 22

MUALover

Chatty Member
I love Nando's but as we suspected, Amie is dressing up in wedding gear to go the fast food restaurants. It's pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

missmousey

Chatty Member
How’s this ….
Chase Amie - Cheapy cheap home interiors save me bucks, I then buy ‘Schnell’ bags to make me lux

• Haha
Reactions: 19

missmousey

Chatty Member
But to be fair, Amie hardly went anywhere or had a social life even before covid. There were only trips with her mom to the US and Asia, maybe some holidays with Dan and a few meals out with Dan. I don’t see her having a more active social life once lockdown eases, she’ll just continue to shop for high-end rubbish, and scrimp on house furnishings and food. So where exactly she’ll be going with her Chanel bags is beyond me. Maybe we will see more pictures of the bags while she’s at the Costco car park.
Her life is for show, but she is selective about what she shows to give people the impression she’s luxe. She’s quick to post pictures when it comes to luxe hotels - redeemed using points - but keeps quiet when it’s not luxe. Coats, belts and bags bearing high end logos are a must but she can only afford IKEA wardrobes which aren’t even properly aligned. It’s not Dan’s fault they’re not aligned but when she chooses a handbag over a solid and good quality wardrobe that’s when you know she’s an empty vessel. Her days as an influencer are numbered seeing how she churns the same old content. She’s only useful when it comes to sales notification but that’s about it. She’s got no purpose nor ability to influence as far as i’m concerned. If I were her, I’d focus on my proper day job because it’s no point being able to admire my stack of Chanel bags when no work and hence income is coming in.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

danisaur

Amie comes across as ignorant in those holiday vlogs, also shows up her lack of exposure to proper eateries in London. She went to a dim sum place in HK and she had no idea what her mom ordered, and they were all standard stuff that anyone (of any race) would typically order. What was most telling was her complete lack of interest in the food at the dim sum restaurant but it’s a different story when she was at a plush hotel bar given she was able to tell you what dessert she ordered etc. Proves she’s all about appearances - give her a cheap place and she’s got nothing to say but she’ll have plenty of oohs and aaahs when it comes to high end places. Same with hotels. She’ll be quick to tell you she stayed at the Four Seasons but she has nothing to say wrt Airbnbs or cheaper hotels. And there’s nothing wrong with cheaper hotels - if they do the job and are clean, what’s wrong? I’ve stayed at many five star and cheaper hotels, the five star hotels don’t always live up to their standards. Sounds like she’s embarrassed when she’s not at a five star establishment which is really shallow of her.

I just hope she doesn’t look down on the non-white part of her heritage as that would be really sad, not to mention disturbing.
What made me mad the most was her looking down on her mom buying tteokbokki, the spicy rice noodles that is one of the most common Korean street foods, and condescendingly calls her mom "brave" for buying rice cake. Her mom probably hasn't been back to Korea in ages, and is missing the food from her childhood. Street food might not be everyone's thing, but literally sounding disgusted for eating street food is so elitist and gross to me.

just_S

I was just watching Elle Florence's handbag collection video (YouTube Link if interested). Watching her describe exactly why she loves each bag, how she cares for them to ensure they stay looking perfect and brand new is so refreshing!
You can completely tell her classic style, and near the start of the video she describes how she only owns one Chanel wallet on a chain because she bought one, uses it all the time and has just never felt the need to buy another - - Amie could never!
hi ELLE 👋

shame on you- trolling Chase Amie’s page and trying to drum up views when we all thought you were friends. why, do we smell abit of jealousy? 🐀

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Let me guess... they go shopping at Louis Vuitton and Chanel (multiple locations), have high tea, and at some point, Amie drinks champagne and eats a burger.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Hi all I’m new to this ! Just found this thread and read it all top to bottom lol

Just wanted to comment further on what you all have been saying about how her upbringing must’ve affected her. I’m thinking maybe that’s also where her fake posh accent comes from? If she grew up in a comfortable middle class neighbourhood of predominantly white people, with her family struggling financially, she could be very self conscious about materialistic things and also would explain why she puts her super British posh girl accent if she felt awkward with an immigrant mum, kids can be mean if they were mocking, and also would explain why she seems to have zero connection to Korea. Her korean vlog for me it was the moment that put me off for good, I just couldn’t understand travelling to the other side of the world and spend it shopping and then being so meh about the culture where her mum is from, no interest in the food, anything... she could have made that blog so interesting, asking her mum about the food, the sights, “tell me how this has changed” bla bla all Asian content is so popular in YouTube as well. People can’t tire enough of Korean stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Artaud

I worked on a shoot with people from Acne and they pronounced Acne like the skin condition, I’ve never heard any other pronunciation for Acne.

I really don’t like Aime’s new house the interior just looks like a generic British new build semi, lots of small box rooms with no character. I think the best room is the open plan kitchen/living space but even the proportion of the split levels are off, both levels look too small for that sofa.
On the second floor I think there are just too many small rooms that don’t even look functional, would they be able to fit a bed and wardrobe in those rooms comfortably? Is the reason the builder purposely left the bathroom doors off because the doors would open into the rooms and highlight how small they are? In my opinion it would be better to have larger rooms but fewer of them.
And the third floor with the master suite is just disappointing. It looks as if they cheaply converted an existing two storey into a three storey loft conversion. Surely there was an alternative to all those sloping ceilings, faux-beams? would have provided a lot of light and just generally looked better.
So much money on a problematic house.

Reactions: 16

ChatObserver

I really enjoyed Amie’s videos at first, but I do agree that recently the content overall has become repetitive, and cracks are starting to show about her expertise (or lack thereof) re: the products she purchases.

In her latest video, the “His and Her Unboxing,” she revealed another Dionysus bag (btw, the Dionysus is my absolute favourite Gucci bag, but only in the full leather, non-monogram). Amie had no idea that the clasp was a double tiger head. She thought it could have been a panther when Dan asked about it, but she was not sure, and she was truly baffled when first questioned.

I understand that the average consumer would not be expected to know about the tiger clasp and the Greek myth of Dionysus and the Tigris river behind the bag name. However, if someone has purchased THREE of these bags (Amie sold her Supreme canvas & suede, and she recently bought the pink & red super mini, so this tan one is at least her third Dionysus), and if they truly appreciate the item, shouldn’t they know the origin of the bag name? Or if not, at least be curious enough about the gorgeous detail on the clasp to inquire whether it is a tiger or not? It’s like buying a BVLGARI Serpenti Forever bag and not realizing that the clasp is a serpent head.

I immediately unsubscribed from Amie’s channel when she revealed this lack of curiosity and true interest in her purchases.

• Haha
  • Wow

Magee

VIP Member
WOW this is a blast from my YouTube past! Think I watched Amie about 6 years ago? Got bored of the same pumps in different colours, a thousand pointless card wallets, safe bag colour choices, pencil skirts and constantly banging on about the Nordstrom sale! It BAFFLES me she has not grown beyond this?! I have second hand embarrassment for her.

• Heart

danisaur

Honestly, she should take all that bag money and spend it on a therapist instead. She seriously got a case of shopping addiction and there is no amount of purchases that will satisfy her at that point.

Back to another poster talking about the origins of Dionysus bag and the tiger motif in Gucci products is actually quite interesting, I didn't know it was a reference to Tigris, I just thought it was consistent with the tiger theme which is drawn from some Asian cultures and how it signifies strength and virility. Come to think of it, I thought the dionysus buckle was a two headed snake, which in many cultures signifies rebirth and infinity.

My point is, there are so many more interesting aspects of a designer bag. Other than describing every one of them as "parrrrfect"

Reactions: 15

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Whoever called Amie an "overdressed lux christian-southern blogger girl" hit the nail right on the head! She is so predictably boring and must have every single thing about her life look "pah-FAHCT" and right off Pinterest. Nothing about her, her taste, her home, or her life is interesting. I honestly don't get why anyone would want to watch a stranger's Christmas unless that person is the royal family or does something particularly unique. Watching people you don't know sitting around opening piles of presents just isn't my type of entertainment.

Regarding her flaunting lockdown rules, I'm in the US, where we as a nation have gone to Olympian efforts to botch the handling of the pandemic, so this behavior is unsurprisingly common. The urge/obligation to see friends and family can and often does outweigh the risk involved. There's a lot of: "Yes, stay at home, wear a mask, save lives! But I'm still going to fly home for the holidays." cognitive dissonance going around.

notahater1010

VIP Member
I think she is boring and name should be Chasing 100 shades of pink/blush. I have never seen someone to wear so maby unflaterring clothes and colours that does not suit her.

• Haha