Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How do you pronounce Acne Studios? I'm swedish but if I'm speaking english, I wouldn't pronounce Acne with a swedish accent lol
‘Ark-Nay’. If I heard one of my friends pronounce it like the skin condition I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but hearing a fashion blogger mispronounce it really grates.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
‘Ark-Nay’. If I heard one of my friends pronounce it like the skin condition I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but hearing a fashion blogger mispronounce it really grates.
To each their own, but I don't really fault her for pronouncing Acne like the skin condition. I'd probably roast her if she pronounced it "ark-nay" lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Amie is uploading videos like crazy, full of sponsored linked and such. She must be desperate for cash.

Reactions: 5
With all due respect I really don’t think many British people are going to pronounce Acne as “ark-nay” 🙄

Reactions: 10
With all due respect I really don’t think many British people are going to pronounce Acne as “ark-nay” 🙄
I think it depends - when I worked in fashion (in London) everyone would pronounce it ‘ark-nay’, but as I said I wouldn’t bat an eyelid if a friend pronounced it like it was a skin condition.

Happy to agree to disagree on this one. But can we at least agree she’s butchering Saint Laurent every time she says it?

Reactions: 1
Well, we don't pronounce it that way in Sweden either. So I'm equally as confused why we would expect Amie to absolutely butcher it as well.

Edit to add:
Re Saint laurent, I don't really find her pronunciation that offensive either? I hear it that way all the time. Sometimes I find it far more offensive to put on a fake and affected french accent to pronounce french brands while speaking English.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I say Saint Laurent the way Amie does too, I thought it was the normal way of pronouncing it?

Ok, I think my big learning this week is that I’m a massive snob about label pronunciation and no one else really gives a tit. 😂

Maybe Amie is just my BEC and everything she does annoys me at this point.

Saint Laurent is pronounced ‘San Lorron’, but you do you.

New drinking game - drink every time she says either ‘piece’ or ‘camel tones’ in her latest videos. It’s relentless.

Also amazed that for someone as obsessed with brands as she is she still hasn’t got the pronunciation of either Saint Laurent or Acne Studios down yet.
She can’t say Chanel either or the word Jewellery as a matter of fact. Sorry to butt in, just interested in the new house and location.

Ok, I think my big learning this week is that I’m a massive snob about label pronunciation and no one else really gives a tit. 😂

Maybe Amie is just my BEC and everything she does annoys me at this point.

Saint Laurent is pronounced ‘San Lorron’, but you do you.
:ROFLMAO: Thanks for the elocution lesson.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I worked on a shoot with people from Acne and they pronounced Acne like the skin condition, I’ve never heard any other pronunciation for Acne.

I really don’t like Aime’s new house the interior just looks like a generic British new build semi, lots of small box rooms with no character. I think the best room is the open plan kitchen/living space but even the proportion of the split levels are off, both levels look too small for that sofa.
On the second floor I think there are just too many small rooms that don’t even look functional, would they be able to fit a bed and wardrobe in those rooms comfortably? Is the reason the builder purposely left the bathroom doors off because the doors would open into the rooms and highlight how small they are? In my opinion it would be better to have larger rooms but fewer of them.
And the third floor with the master suite is just disappointing. It looks as if they cheaply converted an existing two storey into a three storey loft conversion. Surely there was an alternative to all those sloping ceilings, faux-beams? would have provided a lot of light and just generally looked better.
So much money on a problematic house.

Reactions: 16
I worked on a shoot with people from Acne and they pronounced Acne like the skin condition, I’ve never heard any other pronunciation for Acne.

I really don’t like Aime’s new house the interior just looks like a generic British new build semi, lots of small box rooms with no character. I think the best room is the open plan kitchen/living space but even the proportion of the split levels are off, both levels look too small for that sofa.
On the second floor I think there are just too many small rooms that don’t even look functional, would they be able to fit a bed and wardrobe in those rooms comfortably? Is the reason the builder purposely left the bathroom doors off because the doors would open into the rooms and highlight how small they are? In my opinion it would be better to have larger rooms but fewer of them.
And the third floor with the master suite is just disappointing. It looks as if they cheaply converted an existing two storey into a three storey loft conversion. Surely there was an alternative to all those sloping ceilings, faux-beams? would have provided a lot of light and just generally looked better.
So much money on a problematic house.
I completely agree with this. Her house is just such a mismatch. It’s just all so weird. The kitchen is the only good part and the backyard. I really wonder what this house was used for previously. The proportions are so awkward. I’m sure for the money they put in they could have gotten some really beautiful houses!

Reactions: 6
Seeing Amie's house makes me wonder if Amie is as good of an investor / entrepreneur as she makes herself to be. The biggest investment of her life / most people's lives and she bought that house? And she says it was her 5th house she saw or something. I don't know about others but when my parents bought their house they saw well over 50 houses and talked to a lot of advisors / friends who were in Realestate because $1,000,000 is a huge huge investment.

According to Amie, her husband Dan is good at carpentry and constructed the pergola-type structure in their wedding. I assume Amie and Dan bought this house as a fixer-upper and will remodel, fix the defects and finally flip it for much more $$$. Dan knocked down a wall to make Amie's walk-in closet in one of their old apartments, I'm willing to bet that he'll knock down some walls in this house too.

If your work schedules and marriage can take the pressure of renovation, you should definitely upgrade your house yourself.

Reactions: 2
According to Amie, her husband Dan is good at carpentry and constructed the pergola-type structure in their wedding. I assume Amie and Dan bought this house as a fixer-upper and will remodel, fix the defects and finally flip it for much more $$$. Dan knocked down a wall to make Amie's walk-in closet in one of their old apartments, I'm willing to bet that he'll knock down some walls in this house too.

If your work schedules and marriage can take the pressure of renovation, you should definitely upgrade your house yourself.
What?! The house they bought it not remotely a fixer upper, it has clearly just been renovated by a developer.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.