Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Antonik

As far as I understood, youtube is not her/ their main income source. They both are running a mobile app / software tech company. She is responsible with marketing, hr, sales and Dan is more on the tehnical side. She travels quite often to estern Europe to source tech people. I flew with them once, she is screaming new money, he is looking more like her poor relative.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

missmousey

Chatty Member
One commenter under her home account mentioned that she needs counter stools as the bar stools are higher than the island. “Totally see why some ppl would prefer stools, but I love the ones we have.” 🙄
Weird as well that she has the entire length of the island but chooses to put her daft looking stools at the short end.
Amie tries so hard for the house to look luxe but it’s full of cheap shit. The odd expensive thing that she buys gets dwarfed by the rest of the IKEA decor and/or furniture. Don’t even get me started on the silly ladder in the sitting room. It’s supposed to be the wow room where one entertains guests but instead you see a ladder that has no purpose except to move a few coffee table books and decor stuff around. Thing is - Amie decorates the house to look Pinterest like but it’s not functional and completely lacks any originality. The colour schemes and decor are all similar to what you see on Pinterest so it’s nothing but a copycat of the typical Pinterest house. And handbags facing the window ... hmm, won’t be long before those bags start losing their colour and the leather gets hard.

Reactions: 14

whatamievendoing

Dan can definitely do better.
Can he, though? Idk, when they did the video about the proposal and it was in Leicester Square or Covent Garden with a magician and he said part of the plan was that her friends would get her drunk otherwise she'd never agree to join in with the magician's act (and unknowingly spoil the proposal) I thought hmm.......did it not occur to you there that maybe this is a proposal she wouldn't like? Something about him in videos grates on me, if the bags really annoyed him he would've left by now and they're both serial entrepreneurs and they both agreed to that ugly house on impulse so I think they're suited 🤷‍♀️

• Haha

nicehat

I'm no longer watching her videos, didn't miss them. Once you've seen 20 of her videos, you've seen every single one.

girlwhat

She’s not qualified to comment on bag trends. She knows little about bags, and makes a beeline for them only when they’re either a Chanel or when they’ve got a look-at-me logo. Her shopping addiction isn’t even fringing on exciting items. I ffwed the video in 5 secs just to see which bags she featured as have more interesting things to attend to.
This. She makes shopping look and feel distinctly uncomfortably and "unfashionable." I get turned off her newest purchases simply because she rinses and repeats the same euphemisms: "Investment pieces," "classic," "hold its value," "soooooooo elegant and chic." Is this a bag or a sofa, ma'am?

This may be more personal, but when I'm toting a Chanel CF, I don't really give a fig about how it holds its value; I already am well aware of its value. I want to gush over the sumptuous leather, or the fine craftsmanship, or even styling it in a way that emphasizes the unique character or shape. Don't wave a bloody Fendi pouch at me, pull on another midi-length silk slip skirt, and call yourself a fashionista.

And the hair. The hair. The horrors. All that spending on clothing and bags and shoes, and she looks like brass.

• Haha

Ronnie

I just don’t get people who have expensive clothes, handbags and shoes and then their houses look like shit. Purseonfleek is by far the worse but I’m very suspicious about the authenticity of her stuff. I have some expensive luxury bags but I put my home first! I also don’t like how people have their bags on shelves out of the dust bags, but that might just be me, I just don’t want to pay a lot of money for it to be left on a shelf to get sun damaged.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I was just watching Elle Florence's handbag collection video (YouTube Link if interested). Watching her describe exactly why she loves each bag, how she cares for them to ensure they stay looking perfect and brand new is so refreshing!
You can completely tell her classic style, and near the start of the video she describes how she only owns one Chanel wallet on a chain because she bought one, uses it all the time and has just never felt the need to buy another - - Amie could never!
Elle Florence is a scammer who lies and takes advantage of her subscribers (she was even scamming Seattle locals at the beginning of the pandemic through the Daily Hive but got caught).

Her handbag collection is also terrible and she buys really ugly things in garish styles that nobody wants from consignment sites at a heavy discount but brags about it being Chanel. Our Amie has many problems but at least Amie’s boring handbag collection consists of the usual Chanel fare in inoffensive colors and styles that anyone can wear. Elle buys a plastic covered green and blue Chanel boy at 70% off on consignment three years after the bag came out and brags about how classy it is, like her. 🙄

She also takes advantage of men and her mother to pay for everything but pretends it’s because she’s a practicing lawyer when she was an entry level fraud investigator for years and has been unemployed for a really long time. She also lied to her viewers about all her plastic surgery and deletes comments that call her out for her scamming and photoshopping.

• Heart
  • Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
yep definitely- when they do go out its usually chain restaurants (eg Nandos) and burger/bbq places. given she actually vlogs these “dates” i’d say thats as exciting as they get. exactly where do the Chanel bags fit in? 🤔🤭

as mentioned before her “holidays” are all basically shopping trips 🙄🙄🙄
Amie says she's really busy with her company so that's why she and Dan don't have time to take holidays. OK fine...but everyone, even those who work hard, need downtime. It's not that hard to go to one high end restaurant once a week if you had the money (I live in a smaller city where there are no high end restaurants and I envy those living in A-list cities like London where there are). Or take weekend getaways to nearby places.:rolleyes::unsure: I mean not everyone can take 1-2 weeks away and some don't cope well with jet lag but her life seems boring and unimaginative.

Not to mention the museums in London.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
View attachment 754758 she looks like she’s going to a garden party, he looks like he’s been chilling at home all day. i’ve looked it up- they’re at a PUB! 🤦🏻‍♀️ how is she not embarrassed to be so unfashionably overdressed!?!
They should both be embarrassed. Dan is way under-dressed, even for a pub; it looks like he's off to grab a protein shake after the gym. Amie's sundress isn't bad in itself, but pairing it with the envelope bag and perspex shoes is just confusing. Like, is she going clubbing in ... someone's backyard?

• Haha

missmousey

Chatty Member
I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t love street food! The experience, the tastes/flavours and not to mention the cheap prices are what makes street food wonderful. If it weren’t for her mom, I’m sure Amie would be eating at McDs, Nando’s and Hard Rock Cafe every day on holiday. She’s too poor to eat at posh hotel buffets 24/7 though she probably wishes she could.
It’s also very insulting to the local people if she said her mom was brave to try something, especially when it’s a staple of the local cuisine.

hehehe

VIP Member
If that is the case, that is terribly misguided lol. The current YSL ambassador is Rose from Blackpink, you cannot buy countless amount of bags to become a global KPop star. LOL

I mean do any luxury brands use social media influencers as their brand ambassadors? The only influencer I remember was Chiara Ferragni was one for Dior? But she got that through years of having millions of followers. I'm not a fan of Chiara, but at least she had a large and steady following. I thought they mostly use entertainers and wealthy socialites.
That's the thing - nothing about Amie is aspirational. It's all run of the mill and basic. Her style and her goals - there's nothing there that I aspire to. Why would I spend £3,000 on a YSL bag because Amie was carrying it in Costco? Just irrelevant and stupid.

• Heart

missmousey

Chatty Member
Amie comes across as ignorant in those holiday vlogs, also shows up her lack of exposure to proper eateries in London. She went to a dim sum place in HK and she had no idea what her mom ordered, and they were all standard stuff that anyone (of any race) would typically order. What was most telling was her complete lack of interest in the food at the dim sum restaurant but it’s a different story when she was at a plush hotel bar given she was able to tell you what dessert she ordered etc. Proves she’s all about appearances - give her a cheap place and she’s got nothing to say but she’ll have plenty of oohs and aaahs when it comes to high end places. Same with hotels. She’ll be quick to tell you she stayed at the Four Seasons but she has nothing to say wrt Airbnbs or cheaper hotels. And there’s nothing wrong with cheaper hotels - if they do the job and are clean, what’s wrong? I’ve stayed at many five star and cheaper hotels, the five star hotels don’t always live up to their standards. Sounds like she’s embarrassed when she’s not at a five star establishment which is really shallow of her.

How can you live with someone who speaks another language and not pick any of it up, especially as a child. My (British) dad worked in the Netherlands, and some other countries when I was a kid and he’d pick up some words and teach me them. I can still count to 10 in Dutch and know a bunch of words.
How odd that she’d never want to learn about her mums culture, that’d make her 10 times more interesting than collecting 20 expensive pink bags.
I just hope she doesn’t look down on the non-white part of her heritage as that would be really sad, not to mention disturbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

just_S

So true, she’s not an influencer at all, she’s just someone with a shopping problem, disposal income and basic taste. She’s like the post child for people who says they’re ‘into fashion’ who don’t really care about items or brand history but just about buying the most basic items like the same louboutin shoes or same old Chanel flap bags
100% Chase Amie is not an influencer. she is put together yes, but i wouldn’t call her stylish.

her shopping addiction is spiralling. she hasn’t worn any the 2 new “Schnells” out due to the lockdowns and she bought ANOTHER new Chanel plus new clothes??

she needs therapy. i understand people with high disposable incomes owning 2, maybe 4 Chanel bags in different neutral colours if it is truly their preferred style and they don’t really buy or are interested in other bags. And if you are Jamie Chua or Kardashian level rich, one can afford to indulge in multiple colours of the same expensive bag. Amie is not in the second category but shops like she is (?) -she doesn’t have the social life to need a Chanel in every colour especially since its clear she can’t truly afford it as she appears to scrimp on every other aspect of her life to afford luxury and subjects her viewers to ad driven content rather than quality content to hustle up the spending money. given she’s not really offering productive advice and is just playing dress ups infront of a camera at this point i reckon she needs to stop youtube- its just enabling a vicious shopping cycle that can lead to financial disaster.

Vixen88

VIP Member
In the UK we’ve been in a lockdown since around Christmas. No restaurants, no non-essential shops open (I.e. only really supermarkets open), no travel. Can not visit other houses. There are some restaurants offering home delivery.
As of Monday we’re allowed to meet one other household or up to 6 people outside. So no one in the UK is able to go ‘out’ or travel.

just_S

How can you live with someone who speaks another language and not pick any of it up, especially as a child.
exactly. i was born in Philippines and came to Australia very young, so while we grew up speaking English at home, i can understand Tagalog (even if i can no longer speak the language fluently) and i can pronounce Filipino words. I do not eat Filipino food in my day to day but I would certainly know of Filipino dishes my mum used to cook and what they are called if served to me. Further to that, I am married to a Frenchman and even though i am not fluent in French, i can understand the gist of conversations between him and his family and I can pronounce some French words and know of some of their regional dishes outside of mainstream - it’s something that naturally develops just living with a person everyday. It is completely unrealistic that Amie would have zero clue about Korean language or culture, so her acting like a white girl from the middle of Kansas at that Korean restaurant was dumb and offensive.

it is such a shame that an educated woman such as Amie has no other dimension to her apart from her work life and her obsession with shopping and blingy labels.

Last edited:
  • Heart

gurunoway

I like colouring for relaxation. I have a few adult colouring books and I do it when I drink my coffee first thing in the morning. But I wonder why Amie needs colouring books for. What stresses does she have? She WFH on youtube, gets up whenever she wants and films whenever she wants. Her days consist of eating, shopping, filming.... hardly the stresses of most people have to deal with at work.

I must say Dan is the best thing that happened to Amie. He's nice and handsome to boot.
Hard disagree lol The facial hair makes him look like a bear and horrible fashion sense. I always wondered if Amie ever tried to give him a makeover to help him fit into her image better. It just looks so strange. A suburban "lumberjack" with an awkwardly overdressed lux christian-southern blogger girl.

• Haha

bblondon

Chatty Member
I haven’t checked in on her in a while but I see she’s still rocking the unflattering volume free oddly regimented waves with side part and is still aggressively drawing on her brows with a marker pen. At least she’s consistent with her frumpiness and lack of flattering or stylish personal style I guess?

MUALover

Chatty Member
What does it say about a person who buys many similar looking luxury Chanel Bags and at the same time advertise a very dodgy website that sells fake bags? Also she is someone who splurges $$$$$$ on a bizarre looking house which is actually not worth that much money! On top of this she and Dan own a company that actually gives people a monthly pay check. That can’t be cheap because she clearly said that she and Dan know nothing about creative website designing (that’s what her company does)and I work in the software/IT/tech field and know for a fact that the pay is really good. How does she afford all of this ?!?! And still be stupid enough to make bad investments and advertise shady stuff????!!! She just comes across as someone who has absolutely no class and very shady too. And her try hard posh accent and hoarding luxury stuff just shows she is so badly trying to show the world something she clearly isnt. Guess she will do absolutely anything for $$$. Amie is so off putting!!
I checked out their company and she and Dan hires a lot of IT people not based in Europe but based in the Middle East so the pay is way cheaper.

Her behaviour, lifestyle, and shopping behaviour does not add up. She's really not as smart as she thinks she is.

• Wow