Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another snooze fest. I get why having classic pieces makes sense but she wears them like she’s an old lady! Compare and contrast with ITF. I love her recent reels and as a result, ordered the Jacquemus Tordu cardigan and Laura Lombardi chain necklace and can’t wait to wear them! Pair them with a classic skirt/pants and boom, they make such a difference! Amie’s style is that of a frigid frump..... no thanks!

Reactions: 5
Whoever said Amie has a Pinterest shrine to Kate Middleton got it right. Amie wishes. Kate's style may be too preppy/conservative for me personally, but despite wearing the same silhouettes, she never looks boring. She wears quite a lot of color and changes up her hair now and then. Actually... have we ever seen Amie without the lego hair? Has she ever worn it up or straight or differently?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another snooze fest. I get why having classic pieces makes sense but she wears them like she’s an old lady! Compare and contrast with ITF. I love her recent reels and as a result, ordered the Jacquemus Tordu cardigan and Laura Lombardi chain necklace and can’t wait to wear them! Pair them with a classic skirt/pants and boom, they make such a difference! Amie’s style is that of a frigid frump..... no thanks!
sorry, who is ITF?

My god, the absolute strain. She's gone from the "Woopsie daisy!" expression to a comedy mask.

Also, just seeing the level of greed and consumerism on display is disgusting.

Her face reminds me of Jim Carrey in The Mask. Smdh. She needs to keep her mouth closed in her thumbnails. She looks like an absolute nob.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Amie only knows one style of clothing, one way of doing her hair, one topic for her videos (ie luxury buys that stand the test of time), one facial expression......i just switch off.

My god, the absolute strain. She's gone from the "Woopsie daisy!" expression to a comedy mask.

Also, just seeing the level of greed and consumerism on display is disgusting.

Nauseating. I can't imagine being so bereft of purpose.

ITF is walking fashion roadkill.

• Haha
I must be the only one who likes her style and senreve bags 😅
Amie's style in clothes works for her but it gets repetitive after a while. I bet if Senreve didn't sponsor her, she wouldn't buy their bags at all. What she really likes is Chanel and LV.

Reactions: 9
Here is the thing - most people unless you're shaped like a clothes hanger with an unlimited budget (aka you have the figure and face of a supermodel and the budget of a Royal), have a certain style that works for our figure and daily needs (work, hobbies, weather we live in). Amie's style works for her and she looks good. But she has a major shopping addiction so is addicted to buying clothes - so needless to say, everything looks the same after a while.

I like the Senreve aria bags - I think they're good for going out, casual and fancy - I can see how they're multipurpose - however, I'm not willing to shell out $400-500 for a bag only sold online now without trying them out first. Also I have doubts about their metal chain - can they be comfortable without a leather piece on them?

Reactions: 3
Amie's style works for her and she looks good. But she has a major shopping addiction so is addicted to buying clothes - so needless to say, everything looks the same after a while.
Amie is not as bad as some of the other influencers out there (see frequent Amie collaborator, Elle Florence) other than the fact she is a major shopaholic who is contributing to the mindless consumer culture and she is encouraging/monetising it. she buys the same stuff over and over again seemingly for the purpose of just having something to buy. she doesnt even appear to have the social/work life that warrants the amount of clothes she has and at the price point she’s purchasing them- where is she going to wear them all, at the local Tesco??? (Mel in Melbourne is a youtuber in Amie’s category and while by no means is she in any way a role model, she does seem to attend fancy events very regularly and has a job that involves face to face client interaction so atleast her wardrobe is getting some mileage). Amie also has a house that she insists on filling up with useless trinkets and gives little regard for practicality (architectural structure, flow of space) just so she can live out her pintrest fantasies.

i am almost tempted to post links to youtuber Style Apotheca (who openly admits to a previous shopping addiction and documents her steps to be more financially responsible and more thoughtful of what she buys) on Amie’s IG/YT comments to let viewers know that what Amie is portraying is financially detrimental in real life.

Reactions: 7
Amie is not as bad as some of the other influencers out there (see frequent Amie collaborator, Elle Florence) other than the fact she is a major shopaholic who is contributing to the mindless consumer culture and she is encouraging/monetising it. she buys the same stuff over and over again seemingly for the purpose of just having something to buy. she doesnt even appear to have the social/work life that warrants the amount of clothes she has and at the price point she’s purchasing them- where is she going to wear them all, at the local Tesco??? (Mel in Melbourne is a youtuber in Amie’s category and while by no means is she in any way a role model, she does seem to attend fancy events very regularly and has a job that involves face to face client interaction so atleast her wardrobe is getting some mileage). Amie also has a house that she insists on filling up with useless trinkets and gives little regard for practicality (architectural structure, flow of space) just so she can live out her pintrest fantasies.

i am almost tempted to post links to youtuber Style Apotheca (who openly admits to a previous shopping addiction and documents her steps to be more financially responsible and more thoughtful of what she buys) on Amie’s IG/YT comments to let viewers know that what Amie is portraying is financially detrimental in real life.
Amie's lifestyle seems boring. She lives out in Birmingham in the Boonies, buys things that she probably can't afford, spends all her time shopping. Does she do anything fun like traveling or eating out anymore? I think living your life to shop, to amass goods (even if they are luxury), getting into debt, is not a way to live. The last time she went to Lake Como, the hotel sponsored her - but they chose an off-season for her go - which isn't bad but still....

I looked up Style Apotheca on youtube and I love her. She's naturally beautiful without trying to hard and she has a nice soothing voice. Her style is nice w/o trying too hard.

Reactions: 2
Amie's lifestyle seems boring. She lives out in Birmingham in the Boonies, buys things that she probably can't afford, spends all her time shopping. Does she do anything fun like traveling or eating out anymore? I think living your life to shop, to amass goods (even if they are luxury), getting into debt, is not a way to live. The last time she went to Lake Como, the hotel sponsored her - but they chose an off-season for her go - which isn't bad but still....
There's not much to do at the moment with the pandemic and all and things being closed

There's not much to do at the moment with the pandemic and all and things being closed
I disagree. There are still things to do - ok so I don't know about the UK but in North America, there are restaurants doing delivery, hotels open, you can travel locally (day trips or weekend trips to nearby cities).

Amie and Dan both of them it seems have no regular jobs. WTF are they doing at home? They must be bored out of their mind. Amie has an obsession with looking perfect on camera. Her house, wardrobe and lifestyle is so unrealistic for the average working woman.

Amie is a hoarder (ok maybe not since she sells a lot of her items) but her mindless consumerism is getting stale. Other you tubers are moving on to topics like minimalism, saving $ but she's still stuck in the same lifestyle in her 30s as her 20s. It's like she never grew up.

Reactions: 3
In the UK we’ve been in a lockdown since around Christmas. No restaurants, no non-essential shops open (I.e. only really supermarkets open), no travel. Can not visit other houses. There are some restaurants offering home delivery.
As of Monday we’re allowed to meet one other household or up to 6 people outside. So no one in the UK is able to go ‘out’ or travel.

Reactions: 13
But to be fair, Amie hardly went anywhere or had a social life even before covid. There were only trips with her mom to the US and Asia, maybe some holidays with Dan and a few meals out with Dan. I don’t see her having a more active social life once lockdown eases, she’ll just continue to shop for high-end rubbish, and scrimp on house furnishings and food. So where exactly she’ll be going with her Chanel bags is beyond me. Maybe we will see more pictures of the bags while she’s at the Costco car park.
Her life is for show, but she is selective about what she shows to give people the impression she’s luxe. She’s quick to post pictures when it comes to luxe hotels - redeemed using points - but keeps quiet when it’s not luxe. Coats, belts and bags bearing high end logos are a must but she can only afford IKEA wardrobes which aren’t even properly aligned. It’s not Dan’s fault they’re not aligned but when she chooses a handbag over a solid and good quality wardrobe that’s when you know she’s an empty vessel. Her days as an influencer are numbered seeing how she churns the same old content. She’s only useful when it comes to sales notification but that’s about it. She’s got no purpose nor ability to influence as far as i’m concerned. If I were her, I’d focus on my proper day job because it’s no point being able to admire my stack of Chanel bags when no work and hence income is coming in.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I disagree. There are still things to do - ok so I don't know about the UK but in North America, there are restaurants doing delivery, hotels open, you can travel locally (day trips or weekend trips to nearby cities).

Amie and Dan both of them it seems have no regular jobs. WTF are they doing at home? They must be bored out of their mind. Amie has an obsession with looking perfect on camera. Her house, wardrobe and lifestyle is so unrealistic for the average working woman.

Amie is a hoarder (ok maybe not since she sells a lot of her items) but her mindless consumerism is getting stale. Other you tubers are moving on to topics like minimalism, saving $ but she's still stuck in the same lifestyle in her 30s as her 20s. It's like she never grew up.
In the UK everything is closed and has ben for months. Plus we've been told not to leave the general areas we live in and only go out if its for something essential (or for exercise). So quite literally there is nothing to do and no where exciting to go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.