Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amie comes across as ignorant in those holiday vlogs, also shows up her lack of exposure to proper eateries in London. She went to a dim sum place in HK and she had no idea what her mom ordered, and they were all standard stuff that anyone (of any race) would typically order. What was most telling was her complete lack of interest in the food at the dim sum restaurant but it’s a different story when she was at a plush hotel bar given she was able to tell you what dessert she ordered etc. Proves she’s all about appearances - give her a cheap place and she’s got nothing to say but she’ll have plenty of oohs and aaahs when it comes to high end places. Same with hotels. She’ll be quick to tell you she stayed at the Four Seasons but she has nothing to say wrt Airbnbs or cheaper hotels. And there’s nothing wrong with cheaper hotels - if they do the job and are clean, what’s wrong? I’ve stayed at many five star and cheaper hotels, the five star hotels don’t always live up to their standards. Sounds like she’s embarrassed when she’s not at a five star establishment which is really shallow of her.

I just hope she doesn’t look down on the non-white part of her heritage as that would be really sad, not to mention disturbing.
What made me mad the most was her looking down on her mom buying tteokbokki, the spicy rice noodles that is one of the most common Korean street foods, and condescendingly calls her mom "brave" for buying rice cake. Her mom probably hasn't been back to Korea in ages, and is missing the food from her childhood. Street food might not be everyone's thing, but literally sounding disgusted for eating street food is so elitist and gross to me.

Reactions: 18
I don’t know of anyone who doesn’t love street food! The experience, the tastes/flavours and not to mention the cheap prices are what makes street food wonderful. If it weren’t for her mom, I’m sure Amie would be eating at McDs, Nando’s and Hard Rock Cafe every day on holiday. She’s too poor to eat at posh hotel buffets 24/7 though she probably wishes she could.
It’s also very insulting to the local people if she said her mom was brave to try something, especially when it’s a staple of the local cuisine.

Reactions: 14
Amie comes across as ignorant in those holiday vlogs, also shows up her lack of exposure to proper eateries in London. She went to a dim sum place in HK and she had no idea what her mom ordered, and they were all standard stuff that anyone (of any race) would typically order. What was most telling was her complete lack of interest in the food at the dim sum restaurant but it’s a different story when she was at a plush hotel bar given she was able to tell you what dessert she ordered etc. Proves she’s all about appearances - give her a cheap place and she’s got nothing to say but she’ll have plenty of oohs and aaahs when it comes to high end places. Same with hotels. She’ll be quick to tell you she stayed at the Four Seasons but she has nothing to say wrt Airbnbs or cheaper hotels. And there’s nothing wrong with cheaper hotels - if they do the job and are clean, what’s wrong? I’ve stayed at many five star and cheaper hotels, the five star hotels don’t always live up to their standards. Sounds like she’s embarrassed when she’s not at a five star establishment which is really shallow of her.

I just hope she doesn’t look down on the non-white part of her heritage as that would be really sad, not to mention disturbing.
I have never seen her go to any fine dining establishments/Michelin starred restaurants in the UK or any of her travels. Not that those are the only place for great food, but if she really wants to show off for social media, why doesn’t she try non-chain restaurants? Probably like what was said before, she scrimps on food unless it’s a lux hotel. I would be more interested in unique restaurants and not a hotel buffet. She needs to branch out to Life in the UK/Lifestyle and travel videos because her videos about ranking bags and hauls have been old since 3 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I have never seen her go to any fine dining establishments/Michelin starred restaurants in the UK or any of her travels. Not that those are the only place for great food, but if she really wants to show off for social media, why doesn’t she try non-chain restaurants? Probably like what was said before, she scrimps on food unless it’s a lux hotel. I would be more interested in unique restaurants and not a hotel buffet. She needs to branch out to Life in the UK/Lifestyle and travel videos because her videos about ranking bags and hauls have been old since 3 years ago.
No, Amie can’t branch out into travel vlogs as she needs lux hotels and business class flights to look good on IG. She can’t afford such luxuries off her own back so it will never work. She’s probably ok staying at the Holiday Inn when on hols with Dan but that’s not filmed so her reputation as a lux person is still intact. She can’t do food vlogs either as would include trying fancy restaurants (which she’d have to pay for) which is a no no as would mean sacrificing a bag purchase and hence the content of one YT video. Given all of the above limitations, she’s got no choice but to stick to shopping especially when she has the ability to churn through stuff which travel and eating out don’t permit ie once the money’s spent it’s gone!

The last time Amie went out to somewhere fancy to eat (not including her wedding related events) was about 4 years ago for her birthday vlog and tea at Claridges and 2 years ago when she went to Paris with her mom (but this also included a lot of shopping). This was before her shopping really got out of hand and she bought her house.

Amie's lifestyle changed for the worse when she bought her house - this was very noticeable even pre-pandemic. Clearly, buying the house was a big expense for her and she had to economize for it. She scrimped on furniture, curtains, dinners out, socializing...everything but the shopping it seems.

Nothing speaks louder than a poseur than what Amie does. She clearly doesn't have the money to live the instagram lifestyle she wants. I don't even think she knows how real rich people live. Now I'm not rich by any means but I think Amie is living a fantasy of how she thinks real rich people live. A lot of wealthy people are down to earth folks - they'd enjoy eating street food, hole-in-the-wall restaurants. I mean even if you had Jeff Bezos kinda money, you'd still enjoy it - not everyone who is really rich eats in 5* hotel restaurants every time. And I'm sure super rich women don't get dressed up to the 9's every time with perfect hair every day.

Reactions: 10
I’ve been following this vlogger off and on, and she’s very sensible! What she says is so true (I) shopping all the time is unsustainable unless you’re a Kardashian and (ii) no one really cares about what you wear. Amie could learn a thing or two from this elegant lady.

I’ve been following this vlogger off and on, and she’s very sensible! What she says is so true (I) shopping all the time is unsustainable unless you’re a Kardashian and (ii) no one really cares about what you wear. Amie could learn a thing or two from this elegant lady.

Well, that was a very sensible and calming video! Quite a change for this thread :p I think I remember seeing this lady on YouTube around the same time I discovered Amie (I must have been into luxury bags for a hot minute). Everything about her is Amie's polar opposite.

Reactions: 7

such a good video 👍👍 i think people like Amie and other faux influencers have gotten lost in all the “normalisation” of the Kardashian lifestyle and Sex and the City (where the main character who has a so-so income forgoes basic life necessities to have an A-List Sarlett’s wardrobe). this lifestyle aspiration benfits noone but the luxury companies through their mindless spending. they seemed to forget that not so long ago, it was a considered a TREAT to own a top tier luxury bag - maybe bought to mark an achievement or milestone, or to receive as a gift from someone who cares enough to make the substantial purchase. therefore most women would have a few very carefully selected bags in their collections that would be used over a lifetime and handed down eventually. owning a multitude of colours and copies of the exact same bag was something only a certain tier of the truly wealthy had the luxury of pursuing. the consumption of these expensive bags as if they were throwaway fast fashion by “normal folks” like Amie (nothing wrong with “normal”) is truly nauseating and not sustainable. as the video puts very eloquently “true luxury is financial security”.

Reactions: 11
such a good video 👍👍 i think people like Amie and other faux influencers have gotten lost in all the “normalisation” of the Kardashian lifestyle and Sex and the City (where the main character who has a so-so income forgoes basic life necessities to have an A-List Sarlett’s wardrobe). this lifestyle aspiration benfits noone but the luxury companies through their mindless spending. they seemed to forget that not so long ago, it was a considered a TREAT to own a top tier luxury bag - maybe bought to mark an achievement or milestone, or to receive as a gift from someone who cares enough to make the substantial purchase. therefore most women would have a few very carefully selected bags in their collections that would be used over a lifetime and handed down eventually. owning a multitude of colours and copies of the exact same bag was something only a certain tier of the truly wealthy had the luxury of pursuing. the consumption of these expensive bags as if they were throwaway fast fashion by “normal folks” like Amie (nothing wrong with “normal”) is truly nauseating and not sustainable. as the video puts very eloquently “true luxury is financial security”.
Hahaha! Yes, every time I see someone with a $6,000 bag I think to myself, “I wonder how much is in their retirement account?” Most of the time, the people with the most expensive bags are not that rich and are just making sacrifices. The problem is they don’t realize their bags are costing them at least three times the retail price they are paying due to forgone investment income. If they knew, they’d probably scale back.

I have been a fan of Eileen ever since she started. She never sounds condescending but emphasizes why certain things don’t work for her and her lifestyle. She also looks so elegant with her minimal outfits and curated bag collection as opposed to 70+ blush pink bags. Props to her for thinking of new content without resorting to a haul every week.

I have been a fan of Eileen ever since she started. She never sounds condescending but emphasizes why certain things don’t work for her and her lifestyle. She also looks so elegant with her minimal outfits and curated bag collection as opposed to 70+ blush pink bags. Props to her for thinking of new content without resorting to a haul every week.
Eileen buys luxury items and does youtube videos for herself though. You don't get the impression she does these for subscribers or to make a profit - it's a hobby for her. Amie does it to make money, get subscribers and get sponsorships. Different outlooks.

Eileen buys luxury items and does youtube videos for herself though. You don't get the impression she does these for subscribers or to make a profit - it's a hobby for her. Amie does it to make money, get subscribers and get sponsorships. Different outlooks.
And this is why I never trust an influencer who does it as their full-time job. Emma Anders (whom I think is mentioned earlier in the thread) is another luxury bag YouTuber who is slightly different in that she really does love shopping and collecting bags. However, she has a full-time job, side gigs, and a baby, so her perspective on luxury is still very realistic. She knows her hobby is rather frivolous and often a waste of money, but she enjoys beautiful things and is sensible in the other areas of her life. You get the sense that people like her and Eileen would easily put shopping on hold if they had to; I'm not so sure about Amie.

And this is why I never trust an influencer who does it as their full-time job. Emma Anders (whom I think is mentioned earlier in the thread) is another luxury bag YouTuber who is slightly different in that she really does love shopping and collecting bags. However, she has a full-time job, side gigs, and a baby, so her perspective on luxury is still very realistic. She knows her hobby is rather frivolous and often a waste of money, but she enjoys beautiful things and is sensible in the other areas of her life. You get the sense that people like her and Eileen would easily put shopping on hold if they had to; I'm not so sure about Amie.
I really like Emma too! She went mad last year after the lockdown first lifted and bought like a new Dior, Chanel handbag almost every week for a few weeks - which was actually quite amusing - but you can tell she loves her bags. I agree that the bloggers who have FT jobs are more sensible and grounded. They know when to have fun and buy fancy things, and they do it for themselves and not to show off a make believe lux life.

I’ve just come across this article
Apparently it was big news in the US when it first appeared. Doesn’t Amie promote Reformation dresses? Think she bought a dress from them recently. For someone who supposedly follows goings-on in the US (ie telling folks to vote in a rather patronising manner, posting the BLM black tile following George Floyd’s death) it’s surprising she isn’t aware else she is but doesn’t give a crap. For an influencer I’d expect her to have time on her hands to research about brands etc but she clearly doesn’t. It’s all about buying the dress, taking a few snaps and it’s job done.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Apparently it was big news in the US when it first appeared. Doesn’t Amie promote Reformation dresses? Think she bought a dress from them recently. For someone who supposedly follows goings-on in the US (ie telling folks to vote in a rather patronising manner, posting the BLM black tile following George Floyd’s death) it’s surprising she isn’t aware else she is but doesn’t give a crap. For an influencer I’d expect her to have time on her hands to research about brands etc but she clearly doesn’t. It’s all about buying the dress, taking a few snaps and it’s job done.
A lot of US companies came under fire last year for racism, discrimination, and performative activism. One of the biggest ones was Everlane. Consequently a lot of influencers "took a stand" and said they wouldn't buy from those companies anymore, but here we are not even a year later and many are back to their old ways. I always thought Reformation clothes were overpriced and cheaply made (not to mention not even close to size-inclusive), but I used to buy from Everlane because I was influenced by all these style bloggers.

I really like Emma too! She went mad last year after the lockdown first lifted and bought like a new Dior, Chanel handbag almost every week for a few weeks - which was actually quite amusing - but you can tell she loves her bags. I agree that the bloggers who have FT jobs are more sensible and grounded. They know when to have fun and buy fancy things, and they do it for themselves and not to show off a make believe lux life.

I’ve just come across this article
Has she said anything about the waves of anti-Asian attacks happening or nah?

Has she said anything about the waves of anti-Asian attacks happening or nah?
No she hasn’t but I’m not surprised as anti Asian attacks aren’t occurring in the U.K. to the same extent as the US. There are only very few cases plus the cases in the US don’t get a mention here in the British press so I wouldn’t expect someone like Emma to comment. Gemma Chan, the actress, does say a lot about anti Asian attacks but she probably has a many friends etc in the US so is probably more aware. What I find most grating is someone like Amie who makes it look like she cares when she really doesn’t give a tit. She mentions BLM and places a black tile image on her IG page when it suits her but never mentions it again nor any other racist attacks; she also does zero research about brands she promotes etc. As an influencer, the fact that she has a platform means she has the ability to promote important messages etc but nada. It’s all so fake.

A lot of US companies came under fire last year for racism, discrimination, and performative activism. One of the biggest ones was Everlane. Consequently a lot of influencers "took a stand" and said they wouldn't buy from those companies anymore, but here we are not even a year later and many are back to their old ways. I always thought Reformation clothes were overpriced and cheaply made (not to mention not even close to size-inclusive), but I used to buy from Everlane because I was influenced by all these style bloggers.
Yup, I read about Everlane. Was thinking of ordering some jeans around that time but changed my mind and have not looked at their stuff since. They can claim sustainability etc and whatever else they want but if they can’t deal with racism in their organisation then I do not want to support them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
What is with this face?? Is she 12 yo not over 30? Why she thinks she’s more interesting 🤦🏼‍♀️ I would be embarrassed with these faces 🤣🤣
yeah her thumbnail pics are getting uglier and uglier. i swear she looked fresh faced and normal when she started.

FFS Amie you went to LSE- stop pulling stupid faces for public consumption

yeah her thumbnail pics are getting uglier and uglier. i swear she looked fresh faced and normal when she started.

FFS Amie you went to LSE- stop pulling stupid faces for public consumption
Those faces are unnecessary. It’s not a silent movie is it but she’ll do anything to get interest. Totally lacking in class.

Reactions: 5
First time poster here. I followed Amie for a while and really liked the format of her videos as she seemed organized and informative. But for the past year or more, I’ve become increasingly annoyed by the posts and videos she uploads. Every video has the word Luxury in it and every video she talks about the same things with a slightly different angle. She doesn’t evolve her style or her content. I’m afraid her content has become stale for me. Within the last week she posted 4 of the same videos which is a tad nuts if you ask me... I rarely ever unfollow but I have sadly done so for Amie’s YouTube and IG.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.