Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

just_S

she has posted a pic on instagram of her “entertainment unit” filled with useless items.

if she was showcasing artefacts or souvenirs she had collected from travels, life events or genuine lifestyle interests such as artwork, well-read books or a music collection, one could justify making the wall unit a focal point... but then i guess that would be expecting too much from a woman who shops all day and travels abroad just to shop. the items she has chosen to “showcase” just looks like stuff she bought out of an online catalogue.

that’s Amie Rogers summed up- store-bought, no style, no substance.
305079F6-B1F8-4B08-A7A8-77EBEC292314.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
You say that but I think she’d do it 😂 She’s got nowhere to go as has no friends and I don’t see postings of her going to finer establishments etc where one may be encouraged to dress up a little. So she’ll go all out at her local pub or supermarket dressed like a twat in top to toe designer gear. She even got the Marc Jacobs tote (which clearly screamed designer tote) for her grocery shopping earlier this year when we were all in lockdown ..... only a person who’s drowning in a sea of insecurity would do that.
This reminded me of a vlog she did last year where she and Dan went to lunch at a casual bbq restaurant (the kind that has bottles of ketchup on the tables) and this is what she wore: :LOL:
Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 10.47.32 AM.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

missmousey

Chatty Member
I just watched her Korea trip and I actually felt sad for her this time, she literally have no knowledge of her cultural background and find it all super "surprising" that I have no idea whether she is playing it up for the camera. She seems really confused about Korean BBQ, which is one of the most ubiquitous form of Korean food outside of Korea, surely there are Korean restaurants in London? She ate at the hotel buffet twice considering she seems to be there for only like a few days, which is super sad considering hotel buffets are the same everywhere.
Amie isn’t cultured at all, I don’t believe she has an inkling of what goes on in the world aside from shopping. Then again - I don’t think she knows much about the world of fashion either e.g. I don’t think she can’t tell you where Karl Lagerfeld’s inspiration came from despite having Chanel coffee table books dotted around the house - the saying all the gear but no idea springs to mind.
London has heaps of Korean restaurants, where I live in Surrey is close to the largest Korean community in the U.K. and it’s got fab Korean eateries and supermarkets. Amie’s more keen to portray a life of luxe ie taking a picture in a hotel restaurant with champagne glasses seems to be the priority as opposed to sampling foods from some of the most authentic restaurants. I mean this is someone who eats at Mr Chow when she travels to the US, and everyone knows they serve laughable Chinese food (their food is soooooooo bad) but in a posh environment and charge stupid prices.

Last edited:
  • Heart

just_S

I was just watching Elle Florence's handbag collection video (YouTube Link if interested). Watching her describe exactly why she loves each bag, how she cares for them to ensure they stay looking perfect and brand new is so refreshing!
You can completely tell her classic style, and near the start of the video she describes how she only owns one Chanel wallet on a chain because she bought one, uses it all the time and has just never felt the need to buy another - - Amie could never!
i’d be careful- Elle Florence has a few threads on here and she seems like a complete and utter whackjob. dare i say atleast our dear Amie is “sane”. my only gripe with Amie is that she clearly has a bad shopping addiction and that she is trying to pass off her life of excessive/shallow consumption as “aspirational” which can negatively influence naive viewers.

they’re both “faux influencers” but Amie has her family and husband grounding her to reality. Elle appears to be fumbling through life deluding herself into believing she is an affluent one of a kind European Princess-which she is NOT. Amie atleast knows where she comes from and acknowledges that she hustles for everything she has.

• Haha
  • Heart
Haven't watched her stuff in a long time, but I recently shopped the Nordstrom sale and YouTube kept recommending her stuff again. All I can say is yikes, she went from being somewhat charming with practical advice to a bad infomercial for whatever has a referral code.

She's stuck in 2015 - her personal style has barely changed and she's still reaching for clothes and accessories in colors that do her no favors from then - icy pastels combined with too pale/cool-toned neutrals or black and white. The same issue with the house decor - everything is washed out and cold feeling. Her brows and eye makeup are quite ashy as well.

She'd probably get a lot more engagement if she did a big makeover, but since she's reliving 2015 for the sixth year in a row I doubt that'll happen. Poor thing.

Walkthehemline

I can’t look at a beige handbag without irrationally hating it now. Her content is so dull and repetitive. Her new closet looks like her old closet, her new house is just a bigger, beiger version of her old apartment, it’s Groundhog Day with her. Is interesting/relevant content just...off brand for her now?

• Haha
  • Heart

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.50.47 PM.png

What the hell. This is one of the comments on her last video. Is this a bot? Can you buy comments on Youtube?

• Haha

missmousey

Chatty Member
Maybe she should take up a hobby that allows her to wear dresses and such. I had a girl friend who took up ballroom dancing because she loved to wear skimpy dresses, high heels and costume jewellery. She even met her husband at a dance club.
There’s definitely something not right with her. She’s not even had the chance to use the Deauville tote that Dan bought her plus the blue Chanel bags and she’s bought another bag.... and we know she struggles for money ie she can’t afford decent wardrobes! She can’t seem to do Instagram posts without newly acquired lux purchases when the world would have a lot more respect for how one styles existing items differently. She’s not an influencer, she’s someone with a very public and serious shopping addiction. I just don’t see people looking up to or admiring a mug like her.

Last edited:

hehehe

VIP Member
What does Amie do with her platform besides buying handbags? She's hardly an influencer - doesn't get invited to anything and has no presence in the industry. She influences nothing outside her own Youtube accounts. Like, what's the fucking point?

• Heart
Im so disappointed. How can a lunar new year edit NOT include anything red (a lucky colour for new year), or any of the amazing lunar new year collections from Louis Vuitton, Coach, Gucci.....? This is so inward looking of her! Just her boring edit of blush and nude. Blah!

missmousey

Chatty Member
She’s now a Desperado Amie. Will do anything and flog anything for some £££. I feel sorry for one of her followers who’s just purchased something from Cettire, she was chuffed that she’d saved hundreds of dollars which sounds too good to be true.
Amie is so eager to come across as well to do when she clearly isn’t, and must be incredibly shallow to think that people will think the world of her just because she has a few Chanel handbags. The house is a letdown, it looks nice initially but disappoints with its design and cheap interiors. Wants to show she’s someone when she’s clearly a wannabe and that’s all she’ll ever be if she carries on like this. No research nor homework done whether buying a house or promoting a new but dodgy website. Loser with a capital L.

• Heart
Aww guys I think it’s a bit much to comment on their sex life. I know it’s a gossip site and all but imagine reading something so personal about yourself when all you did was share your fave purchases online with your following. Just want to reel in the convo a bit and focus on her channel, her posts and shopping habits.

just_S

Does Dan have any say in how their place looks? This looks like a bigger version of the single girl apartment Amie had when she first started YouTube. She’s still using the same colors and decorates in the exact same style.

Maybe I’m being too picky here but a lot of her stuff looks cheap despite her excessive use of the usual pricey influencer items like Diptyque candles and flowers and you can tell Amie really wants her place to look luxurious. Her new barstools don’t fit into the space at all and the studs in the back make them look cheap while her vanity chair with the bar at the back is just odd.
yeah i was wondering the same about what Dan thinks about all this- their house 100% looks like a single girl’s DIY Pinterest apartment! i know my husband would definitely have reservations about turning our home into a vanity shrine 🙈 can you imagine inviting “the boys” over to watch the football surrounded by fake pink and white silk flowers and fake gold/wooden accent accessories displayed as if they were museum pieces? i’m embarrassed just thinking about it! 🤣

• Haha

lurkingin94123

Chatty Member
I counted five Senreve bags in her closet post on IG. In what world do you need five of those things? Even if you got them in different sizes, I can only fathom needing three, max. And that's assuming you don't already have a ton of other (much nicer) handbags that fulfill the same need.
And the Senreve bags are fugly as sin.

gurunoway

‘Ark-Nay’. If I heard one of my friends pronounce it like the skin condition I wouldn’t bat an eyelid, but hearing a fashion blogger mispronounce it really grates.
To each their own, but I don't really fault her for pronouncing Acne like the skin condition. I'd probably roast her if she pronounced it "ark-nay" lol

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
And she's finally out of those horrible spray on skinny jeans/leather look leggings and in some straight leg jeans and looks great...... BUT she's still paired then with some pencil heel stilettos. Fml. Im losing sight of what sort of influencer she is? Cos she aint doing anything for me fashion/style wise.....
She says she hasn't found a pair of straight-leg jeans until now because "it's hard for girls with hips"? No. Everybody knows that isn't the reason (she doesn't even have big hips). It's because she is the type of influencer who has to be influenced by a gossip thread about herself in order to get dressed. And even then still comes up with outfits like this:
Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 9.15.09 AM.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Her style is getting old now.... Spray on jeans, camisole, toe cleavage court high heels and blazer, with a choice of three bags. DULL.

its December, aimee, my luv, you'd freeze your tits off in this outfit.

• Heart

MUALover

Chatty Member
There’s definitely something not right with her. She’s not even had the chance to use the Deauville tote that Dan bought her plus the blue Chanel bags and she’s bought another bag.... and we know she struggles for money ie she can’t afford decent wardrobes! She can’t seem to do Instagram posts without newly acquired lux purchases when the world would have a lot more respect for how one styles existing items differently. She’s not an influencer, she’s someone with a very public and serious shopping addiction. I just don’t see people looking up to or admiring a mug like her.
Her shopping addiction is very expensive to boot. She doesn't need white Chanel bag. She already has a pale pink Chanel bag (and numerous pale pink summer bags).

I used to look up to people like Chase Amie - I thought she had her $hit together at a young age and was an entrepreneur. Now I realized that she's all smoke and mirror. Living to shop is no way to live.

T-time

Chatty Member
She must have been reading our posts! She’s never used bag cushions until we mentioned it yesterday given the fit-to-be-thrown-away fugly black YSL puffer dustbin bag. For someone who’s into bags, she sure as hell knows jackshit about looking after them ….
She is saying that it is okay that her bags are out like that because the light does not directly hit them. I am trying my best to think you do you boo but internally I am just dying. I love bags, it is a hobby, her bags are thousands and thousands EACH. She is letting thousands and thousands $€£¥₩ worth of leather deteriorate faster in the sun.

She does not love or care for her bags. She is using them as silent friends. To gawk at and to let them gawk at her when she is in that room. She only buys and resells them. No love involved there. Just a woman with bags, who used to be a girl with barbies. She is still playing dress up.