Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guess what, Amie? The most sustainable items are the ones you don’t buy. You make do with what you have then go secondhand.

Reactions: 9
Considering she works in marketing, she seems to falls for the most basic marketing gimmicks all the time. It is like being a doctor and is also a heavy smoker. "Sustainability" is used by mass market fashion brands to trick consumers to buy more things; it has corporatised to a point where it became absolutely meaningless.

Did she seriously JUST start getting into the white sneakers trend? That has been around for at least 3 years. I am not the most fashion forward person, but I think the white sneakers trend is kinda on its way out.

Also, aside from just the massive amounts of resources and energy it involves to produce all these stuff. All the packaging and transportation has an adverse environmental cost. If you want to shop consciously, you have to factor in those impacts as well. Considering there are truckloads of stuff coming to her every week, she doesn't care about the environment at all.

Reactions: 9
Her latest video smacks of hypocrisy. It’s like she learned a new word and is showing off without even knowing what it means. I agree with earlier mentions that she’s not grasped the full extent of the sustainability point. Doesn’t surprise me though given how shallow she comes across and her inability or unwillingness to do any due diligence. And to believe a company is an eco warrior just because it says so and gives examples on its website is naive. Many companies are known for greenwashing so you can never really tell if they’re as good as they say unless you’ve dug into their supply chain. And don’t even get me started on her failure to address the racism issue at Reformation. They could be the most admirable of all ‘sustainable’ companies, but if they endorse racism that’s game over for me. This video says a lot about Amie - follows the crowd, does no research before she preaches and will do or say anything to earn a few bucks. She should be downright ashamed of herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t think Amie grow up conventionally poor (I grow up in a one bedroom apartment with 5 of us) but probably middle class “keeping up with the Jones’s outwardly while stressing about money in private”. As she had said that she lived in multiple countries abroad, her father probably had a well paid ex-pat job. Maybe at some point a divorce happened and their financial stability was shaken. She would have been self conscious and tried to keep appearance.

Side note: I just looked at one of her posts after a long time of not checking her account and her outfits look the same as ever: the midi skirt with the long slit and off the shoulder blouse, Loubs shoes. She must return a lot of the clothes she buys after showing and adding the links.

Reactions: 7
The Stella McCartney bag is nice and is made from straw and metal - so I understand the sustainability part. I like Stella McCartney bags in general- I think they're nice and not leather (Elle Florence had a gorgeous Stella McCartney non-leather clutch too). But Reformation dresses and the other tops are made from faux-silks and other hand made material (100% viscose). How is it remotely sustainable? Plus, Amie has loads and loads of leather bags so sustainability is laughable at this point - and a lot of these bags are not only made from animal leather but also calf leather and lambskin. I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I'm against animal cruelty. Amie is getting so hypocritical at this point.

Reactions: 5
I had to pause the video to come on here and ask, does anyone notice something weird going on with her speech?? Her voice is a lot lower and it sounds like she's slurring her words, or maybe she's lowered the pitch on the audio? Something is off. It's pretty apparent if you compare it to even the video she posted just before this one. I had to check my Youtube settings to see if I had it on .75x speed by accident!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
So I looked into the Stella McCartney bag (I still like the bag) but it's definitely not sustainable, though it is cruelty free. It's made 100% from man-made synthetic material and is faux straw. And it's so expensive! Better buy your straw bag from an authentic maker in your vacation to South East Asia or something.

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 2.18.45 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I had to pause the video to come on here and ask, does anyone notice something weird going on with her speech?? Her voice is a lot lower and it sounds like she's slurring her words, or maybe she's lowered the pitch on the audio? Something is off. It's pretty apparent if you compare it to even the video she posted just before this one. I had to check my Youtube settings to see if I had it on .75x speed by accident!
I thought her voice was super low too, but I thought I was just going crazy so I forgot about it. I wonder if she has slowed down the video herself?

• Wow
I thought her voice was super low too, but I thought I was just going crazy so I forgot about it. I wonder if she has slowed down the video herself?
She definitely slowed it down (who knows if on purpose or not). I played it back at 1.25x speed, and while it's a hair on the fast side, the speed and pitch of her voice sound a lot closer to how she normally speaks. Weird!

Reactions: 3
So I looked into the Stella McCartney bag (I still like the bag) but it's definitely not sustainable, though it is cruelty free. It's made 100% from man-made synthetic material and is faux straw. And it's so expensive! Better buy your straw bag from an authentic maker in your vacation to South East Asia or something.

View attachment 607691
Crikey. Oh Amie...

I noticed it too. Her pronunciation of certain words was also a tad different ....

Crikey. Oh Amie...
Epic fail. Just because the description says eco friendly... tsk tsk. This proves she doesn’t understand the meaning of the word sustainability. How embarrassing.

This reminded me of Amie given how desperate she is to show off her ‘luxe’ life

Last edited:
  • Haha
I noticed it too. Her pronunciation of certain words was also a tad different ....

Epic fail. Just because the description says eco friendly... tsk tsk. This proves she doesn’t understand the meaning of the word sustainability. How embarrassing.

This reminded me of Amie given how desperate she is to show off her ‘luxe’ life
this is hilarious and reminds me of something someone posted here earlier about seeing Dan and Amie on a domestic flight in Europe- Amie decked out in labelled clothing/accessories and Dan appearing like “her poor relative” in contrast 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
this is hilarious and reminds me of something someone posted here earlier about seeing Dan and Amie on a domestic flight in Europe- Amie decked out in labelled clothing/accessories and Dan appearing like “her poor relative” in contrast 🤣🤣
Yup - that’s what made me think of Amie when I saw that article ! The vulgarity of trying to let people know you have money .....

Hi all I’m new to this ! Just found this thread and read it all top to bottom lol

Just wanted to comment further on what you all have been saying about how her upbringing must’ve affected her. I’m thinking maybe that’s also where her fake posh accent comes from? If she grew up in a comfortable middle class neighbourhood of predominantly white people, with her family struggling financially, she could be very self conscious about materialistic things and also would explain why she puts her super British posh girl accent if she felt awkward with an immigrant mum, kids can be mean if they were mocking, and also would explain why she seems to have zero connection to Korea. Her korean vlog for me it was the moment that put me off for good, I just couldn’t understand travelling to the other side of the world and spend it shopping and then being so meh about the culture where her mum is from, no interest in the food, anything... she could have made that blog so interesting, asking her mum about the food, the sights, “tell me how this has changed” bla bla all Asian content is so popular in YouTube as well. People can’t tire enough of Korean stuff

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Lmao. So Amie is vacationing on the Lake District in her newest Instagram. This woman really does read Tattle and it is obvious comments get to her. Her face is cake full of makeup though and very blurry. Does anyone else wear a full face of makeup while at the lake?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Lmao. So Amie is vacationing on the Lake District in her newest Instagram. This woman really does read Tattle and it is obvious comments get to her. Her face is cake full of makeup though and very blurry. Does anyone else wear a full face of makeup while at the lake?
I think that is an Instagram or one of those Snapchat filters. It makes her look like she is wearing a literal mask. Everyone edits and puts filters on their photos, but this one is so blatantly bad.

I counted five Senreve bags in her closet post on IG. In what world do you need five of those things? Even if you got them in different sizes, I can only fathom needing three, max. And that's assuming you don't already have a ton of other (much nicer) handbags that fulfill the same need.

I counted five Senreve bags in her closet post on IG. In what world do you need five of those things? Even if you got them in different sizes, I can only fathom needing three, max. And that's assuming you don't already have a ton of other (much nicer) handbags that fulfill the same need.
And the Senreve bags are fugly as sin.

Reactions: 12
a few videos back she mentioned that she had done something to the camera settings which made her voice sound lower in her video. She said she didn’t have a cold or anything, just that the camera altered the pitch of her voice. I am surprised she hasn’t fixed it yet!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.