Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Latest video- she's doing another closet clean-out yet buys plexi/jeweled Louboutins. Where are you going to wear these shoes besides shopping in London??? Also "I hope these will be comfortable and practical". :cautious: I just can't with her zero common sense. She could use this as an opportunity to experiment with more comfortable, effortless looks, but no.Sales of heels have dropped 70% except for Amie, who keeps dressing up for her fantasy life.

Reactions: 10
I think you can wear fancy bags anywhere and 5 guys is one of my faves but her overly fancy outfits just make her stick out and stuck up. She does not have that old money look, she just looks like she is trying to hard.
This! She just looks like she's trying too hard and if she likes that look that is fine. But I feel like her and Inthefrow focus so much on all the expensive tit they have and wearing it all at the same time they don't realize they look bad. Wear what you want where you want. Def don't need to change out your bag just bc you are getting fast food, but also don't feel like you need to dress up to match your expensive bag for 5 Guys burgers. Inthefrow wore heels and a pencil skirt to the outlets. It is like their status anxiety is so bad they can't go anywhere without letting everyone know they have enough disposable cash to buy expensive stuff.

Reactions: 10
Latest video- she's doing another closet clean-out yet buys plexi/jeweled Louboutins. Where are you going to wear these shoes besides shopping in London??? Also "I hope these will be comfortable and practical". :cautious: I just can't with her zero common sense. She could use this as an opportunity to experiment with more comfortable, effortless looks, but no.Sales of heels have dropped 70% except for Amie, who keeps dressing up for her fantasy life.
Nando's, five guys and outlet shopping apparently 😆

OK, not gonna lie, the basic witch in me wanted those bejeweled Louboutins when I just saw it. But I remember the medieval inquisition torture I endured when I tried a black pump version and was like absolutely nope.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
She’s just put up a video claiming to have had friends over for her birthday. I don’t believe it. Friends you haven’t seen for ages - and are keen to see - would be the first people you’d hang out with once restaurants opened up again, and not wait a few months. Maybe one of them lives far away but the rest?? And so few rolls/items of each dish for so many friends when they’re just enough for your family and Dan? Things don’t add up. The fact that she’s been hanging out with only Dan and her family prior to the birthday shows she has no friends. It’s pathetic enough she has no friends, even more so when she has to lie about it. And the fact she can’t even lie properly to save face is embarrassing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
her posture and/or posing is so awkward, it’s like she’s trying to show a thigh gap or pose her legs in a very specific way but she just looks odd combined with her manic mirror selfie expression.

as usual I have many questions - why is she wearing a wool scarf Indoors in august? What is the purpose of her sharing an awkward mirror selfie in bland work out clothes with her living room and TV as a backdrop? what is that ugly Jigsaw clearance sale looking blue skirt with nude louboutins outfit? she just has a knack for making everything she wears look frumpy and unstylish. Why do her skirts always cut her off at the most unflattering point of her legs and make her look like her legs are squeezed into the skirt like sausages in turn making her look bigger than her actual size…hopefully she does a q&a answering the questions I truly need answered

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
LOL she also said her house doesn't have enough room for her mom and her brother. Does she need reminding that she has a 5 bedroom house? Maybe not take up 3/5 rooms for herself, she might have more room? I mean she and Dan want to have kids right? How fair would it be that she as a mother has 3 rooms of the house for herself while her kids are sharing one room?

Reactions: 8
her posture and/or posing is so awkward, it’s like she’s trying to show a thigh gap or pose her legs in a very specific way but she just looks odd combined with her manic mirror selfie expression.
Its her saggy bum and knock knees for me

LOL she also said her house doesn't have enough room for her mom and her brother. Does she need reminding that she has a 5 bedroom house? Maybe not take up 3/5 rooms for herself, she might have more room? I mean she and Dan want to have kids right? How fair would it be that she as a mother has 3 rooms of the house for herself while her kids are sharing one room?
Literally my exact thoughts... she has 2 closets filled to the brim with designer stuff she doesn't even use regularly - can't she at the very least get air mattresses, if not day beds? Oh that's right.... that'll eat into her shnell budget...

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She’s just put up a video claiming to have had friends over for her birthday. I don’t believe it. Friends you haven’t seen for ages - and are keen to see - would be the first people you’d hang out with once restaurants opened up again, and not wait a few months. Maybe one of them lives far away but the rest?? And so few rolls/items of each dish for so many friends when they’re just enough for your family and Dan? Things don’t add up. The fact that she’s been hanging out with only Dan and her family prior to the birthday shows she has no friends. It’s pathetic enough she has no friends, even more so when she has to lie about it. And the fact she can’t even lie properly to save face is embarrassing.
I thought that was strange as well. She'll post loving footage of all the same bags while shopping, but takes a video of her friends that was less than 2 minutes long. She made it sound like she had SO many people over, but the amount of food didn't match that. Also apparently not much of a baker, as bakers know to do sturdier tiered cakes and not tiny ones. Looking forward to the birthday gift video, let's see if she's gotten any books from friends this year. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I only tuned in for the cake content, as I really don't give two shits about Amie's childlike need to have umpteenth lavish meals and presents for her adult woman birthday 😜 The Victoria sponge cake was very pretty, but you can't stack two full cakes on top of each other like that. When your filling is just whipped cream (not the most stable of icings), of course you're going to get a "collapsing situation". The chocolate cake was also a mess because you're supposed to trim the tiers to be level, not just turn it upside down and hope for the best. I'll chalk that one up to the fact that she was baking with a child. That would be my nightmare. I consider myself a good baker, but I like to do it alone because I'm such a frigging control freak, lol.

Reactions: 4
I only tuned in for the cake content, as I really don't give two shits about Amie's childlike need to have umpteenth lavish meals and presents for her adult woman birthday 😜 The Victoria sponge cake was very pretty, but you can't stack two full cakes on top of each other like that. When your filling is just whipped cream (not the most stable of icings), of course you're going to get a "collapsing situation". The chocolate cake was also a mess because you're supposed to trim the tiers to be level, not just turn it upside down and hope for the best. I'll chalk that one up to the fact that she was baking with a child. That would be my nightmare. I consider myself a good baker, but I like to do it alone because I'm such a frigging control freak, lol.
I am not much of a baker but I am a sucker for cake decorating. I thought it was odd that she put no stabilizing structure into her tiered cakes. I usually thread in a few piece of straws into the cakes to keep it up (saw that on YouTube). I mean she tried, at least it is more interesting than just hawking boring clothes

The baking was a refreshing change from Amie's norm, but did anyone actually know she baked? I don't remember her mentioning it before (though granted, I haven't sat through an entire video of hers in ages). See, Amie? It's nice when people get to know something personal about you that goes beyond your shopping addiction.

Reactions: 2
WOW this is a blast from my YouTube past! Think I watched Amie about 6 years ago? Got bored of the same pumps in different colours, a thousand pointless card wallets, safe bag colour choices, pencil skirts and constantly banging on about the Nordstrom sale! It BAFFLES me she has not grown beyond this?! I have second hand embarrassment for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
WOW this is a blast from my YouTube past! Think I watched Amie about 6 years ago? Got bored of the same pumps in different colours, a thousand pointless card wallets, safe bag colour choices, pencil skirts and constantly banging on about the Nordstrom sale! It BAFFLES me she has not grown beyond this?! I have second hand embarrassment for her.
Whenever you need a brake from climate change there is always Amie, who will never change.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I felt like the entire vlog was just her trying to convince people she has friends in real life. Maybe she has a few, but clearly they're not close, otherwise she'd have met up with them a lot sooner than now considering how long ago she moved and how long the lockdown has been lifted for.

Reactions: 7
I personally found that she actually regressed. The first video I watched was her reviewing Celine Nano. It may be weird to think about it now, but the video was actually helpful. She showed realistically how many essential things can fit in, and did realistic modelling of the bag on her - a relatively tall person and her mom, who is smaller in stature. The only gripe I had at the time was that the bag was only a year old, I wish she did like a 5 or 10 year review, but considering how long she owns her bags, the Nano seems like a lifelong bag for her.

If her videos are just repetitions of different luxury bag reviews, it is a lot more interesting than her peddling cheap clothes. Reviewing luxury bags doesn't involve affiliate links and she can't make commissions out of it, she basically decided to go with the one that brings her quick bucks. It is odd that I haven't seen her done any sponsorship posts for brands such as Ana Luisa or Lily Silk, other luxury YouTubers with smaller followings have done them and those brands aesthetics fit Amie's style. For YouTuber incomes, sponsorships are much more lucrative, and all big-time YouTubers have sponsorship deals. Either nobody is reaching out to her or she is terrible at client management by either bad at maintaining relationships or demand too much money.

Where is she gonna wear all of these new designer pieces to? In the freezer section of Costco?

• Haha
I personally found that she actually regressed. The first video I watched was her reviewing Celine Nano. It may be weird to think about it now, but the video was actually helpful. She showed realistically how many essential things can fit in, and did realistic modelling of the bag on her - a relatively tall person and her mom, who is smaller in stature. The only gripe I had at the time was that the bag was only a year old, I wish she did like a 5 or 10 year review, but considering how long she owns her bags, the Nano seems like a lifelong bag for her.

If her videos are just repetitions of different luxury bag reviews, it is a lot more interesting than her peddling cheap clothes. Reviewing luxury bags doesn't involve affiliate links and she can't make commissions out of it, she basically decided to go with the one that brings her quick bucks. It is odd that I haven't seen her done any sponsorship posts for brands such as Ana Luisa or Lily Silk, other luxury YouTubers with smaller followings have done them and those brands aesthetics fit Amie's style. For YouTuber incomes, sponsorships are much more lucrative, and all big-time YouTubers have sponsorship deals. Either nobody is reaching out to her or she is terrible at client management by either bad at maintaining relationships or demand too much money.
She did sponsorships with Lily Silk. I’ve heard about Lily Silk from her videos and after, Tamara had one as well. Then is when I started to question quality of the products. I really believed Amie from her video, I looked on their website to order but luckily I saw Tamara promoting them as well and I didn’t order anymore. I understood Amie is not honest and I didn’t want to waste my money on a product I don’t know about.

Reactions: 3
Haven't watched her stuff in a long time, but I recently shopped the Nordstrom sale and YouTube kept recommending her stuff again. All I can say is yikes, she went from being somewhat charming with practical advice to a bad infomercial for whatever has a referral code.

She's stuck in 2015 - her personal style has barely changed and she's still reaching for clothes and accessories in colors that do her no favors from then - icy pastels combined with too pale/cool-toned neutrals or black and white. The same issue with the house decor - everything is washed out and cold feeling. Her brows and eye makeup are quite ashy as well.

She'd probably get a lot more engagement if she did a big makeover, but since she's reliving 2015 for the sixth year in a row I doubt that'll happen. Poor thing.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.