Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I want to remember old Carrie, I go back to her performance of On My Own at West End Live. She sounded amazing there!
Completely agree (with both of you). I'd forgotten what "On my own" sounded like on the album, but listening to it now, my opinion is that it's quite good in the beginning, but the background music ruins it after a while, by being too...present - the wrong tempo and genre. It feels a bit misplaced, but it's not a jarring as the music on the other songs on her album. The song doesn't stir up any emotions in me, though. I suppose because it is sung rather than acted, as it's an album version. Still would have been nice if it had managaed to make me feel _something_, though. She sounds a bit wobbly when singing the word "known", too.

Last edited:
Does anyone read the “coming spring 2021...if we’re allowed” weirdly?

To me it comes across as them saying the government is doing it to spite the entertainment industry but we are still in a pandemic and it’s very likely we still will be by spring too...

It probably wasn’t meant that way but it’s how I read it 😂 (and yes I’m aware it’s terrible for anyone who works in the entertainment industry so I understand how they’re hopeful for spring but I’m not so confident)

Attachments

Reactions: 8

To me it comes across as them saying the government is doing it to spite the entertainment industry but we are still in a pandemic and it’s very likely we still will be by spring too...

It probably wasn’t meant that way but it’s how I read it 😂 (and yes I’m aware it’s terrible for anyone who works in the entertainment industry so I understand how they’re hopeful for spring but I’m not so confident)
I read it the same way and tbh it may even be meant that way. ALW and the arts (theatre especially especially) are coming across as petulant children at times as though everything is a personal attack on them. You don't hear the nightclub industry (for example) saying anything like that, and they haven't come close to reopening since march

Reactions: 10
There’s no way anything can open in the spring surely. I’m not a Boris fan but it does annoy me when people complain about the government keeping things closed as if they want half the country closed down!

Reactions: 7
I find it bizarre that the Cinderella team would be meeting at the theatre during a lockdown. Carrie described it as a meeting on her story. Surely that can be done via Zoom instead of putting people at risk through travel on public transport etc?

Theatres won't be opening in the spring. It will be too soon. Need a higher vaccination rate. Also, when things start opening, it's going to be starting with more essential areas of the economy. Hospitality and entertainment is going to be further down the list. And when they do reopen, at least for 2021 I would imagine social distancing would remain as the vaccine still needs time to roll out. Meaning many theatres and shows won't be sustainable with half capacity houses.

Reactions: 4
I wouldn't be comfortable going to see a show until at least next year.

If Carrie thinks she's be back in theatre in a couple of months, she's daft.

I reckon things will slowly reopen in April with theatres and concerts being delayed until the back end of the year or early next year. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: 6

They’ve had that up on the building since about September I think, I remember walking past it and that’s the last time I was in central London.

But yeah it comes across with the same petulant teenage attitude as the rest of the show 😂

We all really miss our jobs but I can’t see anything open before May at the earliest. Nimax did a great job before Christmas making everything Covid safe so it is possible to do once numbers are down and more people are vaccinated

Reactions: 1
15% of all adults in the UK have had their first jab, so let's hope we can keep up the momentum!

I'd like regional theatres to be able to have their pantomime season — for a lot of them it's where they make a huge proportion of their money. I don't worry as much about the London ones — they don't have the same risk of going under.

Reactions: 5
Also people seem to think vaccines are some magic weapon. We still don't know the long term effectiveness, we will head into summer when cases will drop at the same time as vaccines increase. Really it's next autumn winter that will be the real test. Plus there are all these variants which we won't have vaccines for until autumn at earliest. I don't see social distancing going away this year. We are still a long way from the end of this.

So Carrie’s friend got her book published today. Carrie reposted her announcement on instagram and congratulated her. But soon realised that it wasn’t about her so followed it up with a picture of herself with the book. The narcissism is astounding.

Reactions: 9
The jazzy renditions on her album came out of nowhere and were so random? And it all always comes back to sheet music-gate, at least for me. Knowing how she herself so proudly proclaims that she is a self-taught genius who doesn't know music theory - and has shown no interest in jazz singing - you can only assume that either the decision about the style came from some random producer and wasn't her decision at all (where the music would perhaps still have some value) or it was her decision for what? aesthetics? copyright? edginess? cheaper orchestrations?

And she has never really addressed why on earth is her album in a completely different style than what she normally sings in and where she has a career in.

Reactions: 7
I find it bizarre that the Cinderella team would be meeting at the theatre during a lockdown. Carrie described it as a meeting on her story. Surely that can be done via Zoom instead of putting people at risk through travel on public transport etc?
Meeting in person allows people like Carrie to continue to believe that they’re more important than they are.

Surely that’s not part of the show 😬

If it is ALW really shouldn’t be trying out sassy.

Cringe is the right word..... I didn't think it could get cringier than the misplaced Marie Antoinette sketch or the iPod thing...this is even worse. It's an attempt at doing a version of texting jokes "like the kids do", but written by someone who's out of the loop. It is entertaining watching this trainwreck, though

Cringe is the right word..... I didn't think it could get cringier than the misplaced Marie Antoinette sketch or the iPod thing...this is even worse. It's an attempt at doing a version of texting jokes "like the kids do", but written by someone who's out of the loop. It is entertaining watching this trainwreck, though
And the colours hurt my eyes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.