Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She looks better with longer hair.

I don’t wish to be horrible but..to me she is one of these people who is so negative and draining it shows outwardly in her face.
Does anyone know if something bad happened to her after Addams that she's hinted about? Before she seemed so full of life and youthful, and after she became so (as you said) negative and draining and it's very noticeable in her appearance. I can't help wonder if she lost someone close to her or experienced some illness (whether physical or mental) which changed her. Greif and illness can have big affects on people's personality and appearance. I know she described Addams as her 'uni experience' and decided to settle down after but I feel like she has more going on in her life than she lets on (not that she should have to tell anyone this). I say this out of genuine concern and not spitefulness.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know if something bad happened to her after Addams that she's hinted about? Before she seemed so full of life and youthful, and after she became so (as you said) negative and draining and it's very noticeable in her appearance. I can't help wonder if she lost someone close to her or experienced some illness (whether physical or mental) which changed her. Greif and illness can have big affects on people's personality and appearance. I know she described Addams as her 'uni experience' and decided to settle down after but I feel like she has more going on in her life than she lets on (not that she should have to tell anyone this). I say this out of genuine concern and not spitefulness.
From what I remember, Carrie was never really the "going out on nights out" type especially if you watch her early Eponine era videos. She always seemed older than her years (nothing wrong with that) I'm sure I vaguely recall her mentioning how much she hated clubbing at one point in one of those videos.

For me, the change came when she met Oliver (not blaming Oliver at all here, all my own opinions) that's when I began to really notice the change in snarkiness and attitude. She also came across as quite rude too. Whilst there had been little hints here and there, I feel like that's when it exploded into a bigger problem.

I remember really enjoying her Truly vlogs but then when I was watching the Adams ones, I found her annoying and very self involved. It was like a switch.

I have wondered if something did happen or she was just desperate to have Oliver or something. All very weird.

Reactions: 4
This morning, I was watching a bootleg of Heather's with Olivia Moore (Carrie's understudy in the show) and the comments from Carrie's minions were horrendous. Just because Olivia plays Veronica differently (and better!!!!) from Carrie, doesn't mean she's inherently bad. It really annoys me that Carrie tries to preach all that #BeKind bs when her fans are bullying people on the internet for.....not being Carrie? Her attitude seems to be rubbing off on her younger fans more and more.

edit: Also wanted to add that Olivia Moore was way more suited for that role than Carrie. Her age, singing abilities, appearance ect are so much suited for Veronica. Carrie was/is great in many roles (loved her in Adam's) but, even if you adore her, anyone can admit she played Veronica dreadfully and wasn't right for the role
Would you mind sharing the link please, I would love to watch

This! I feel like she didn't really know Veronica (or Heathers generally) to play the role well enough.

Veronica (and the rest of the characters) shouldn't be relatable because they are all really bad people. Veronica literally murdered someone ffs. I feel like she probably didn't know much about Heather's before she got the role (I would be surprised if she had even watched the film) and you can tell by watching her. Her characterization was totally off and her whole 'Heather's was made to teach people about kindness' bs in her vlogs was so random. It doesn't take much to do research into a very well-know character that your playing.
She hadn't watched heathers before, she watched it when she announced she'd be playing Veronica, it's in one of her Disney vlogs where all her and Ollie do is just waste their days in the hotel room.

She hadn't watched heathers before, she watched it when she announced she'd be playing Veronica, it's in one of her Disney vlogs where all her and Ollie do is just waste their days in the hotel room.
If anyone could find the video anywhere, could you post it? I'm super nosey lol

I'm really not sure about the timeline with this, but the whole Alex Day thing caused a huge change in Carrie, and quite rightly so. What he did was awful, and she ended up being at the centre of this massive drama involving her boyfriend (at the time) being accused of sexual assault, statutory rape, and sexual coercion. Carrie had to find out that her boyfriend was not only cheating on her, but was being accused of being a sexual predator, all in the public eye of the huge YouTube community at the time. She did not handle this well at all in her online response, but there's no denying that's a huge trauma to deal with.

I also noticed a change when Alex released his book a few years ago. She spoke about this at the time, and how she's much more guarded with boundaries and things, which is possibly true from her perspective, but I think to a lot of people, the. change has been shown in a lot of hostility, attitude and bitterness from Carrie.

Reactions: 3
She looks better with longer hair.

I don’t wish to be horrible but..to me she is one of these people who is so negative and draining it shows outwardly in her face.
So- genuine question- why do people care about her hair so much? I've also just cut my hair really short (a pixie) and have gotten a bunch of unsolicited opinions from strangers, saying how much nicer I look with long hair. My initial thought is: since when was "looking nice" the most important thing to women? What about functionality? Having a pixie cut is so much easier than having long hair- so much less stress. I do fully agree that Carrie is far too negative and self-centered for her own good, but I would honestly like to question the validity of unsolicited opinions: why does everyone care about her hair so much? Don't we have better stuff to discuss/critique than her appearance?

Also- I was just wondering about Pete ("The Echoist" being his new name), and apparently "Echoist" means, "An echoist is most easily defined as one who is prone to being in relationships with narcissists, either in external relationships or internally manifesting as one who struggles to exist as a person in their own right." Isn't that strange lol

Reactions: 7
"Echoist" means, "An echoist is most easily defined as one who is prone to being in relationships with narcissists, either in external relationships or internally manifesting as one who struggles to exist as a person in their own right." Isn't that strange lol
Oh. WOW.

Reactions: 7
So- genuine question- why do people care about her hair so much? I've also just cut my hair really short (a pixie) and have gotten a bunch of unsolicited opinions from strangers, saying how much nicer I look with long hair. My initial thought is: since when was "looking nice" the most important thing to women? What about functionality? Having a pixie cut is so much easier than having long hair- so much less stress. I do fully agree that Carrie is far too negative and self-centered for her own good, but I would honestly like to question the validity of unsolicited opinions: why does everyone care about her hair so much? Don't we have better stuff to discuss/critique than her appearance?

Also- I was just wondering about Pete ("The Echoist" being his new name), and apparently "Echoist" means, "An echoist is most easily defined as one who is prone to being in relationships with narcissists, either in external relationships or internally manifesting as one who struggles to exist as a person in their own right." Isn't that strange lol
I just personally think her short hai ages her. Maybe the pixie crop doesn’t suit you and that’s why people are commenting!?

Reactions: 6
I just personally think her short hai ages her. Maybe the pixie crop doesn’t suit you and that’s why people are commenting!?
I fully agree- I look better with long hair, as does Carrie. My point is- why should it matter to others that it doesn't suit me (or Carrie for that matter)? Why is physical appearance the most important thing? Or at least important enough to feel the need to comment on it constantly? What if I cut it short for a private reason (cancer, alopecia, psoriasis, to donate)? Wouldn't it be more productive to say (if prompted), "Well, it's not my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion." Again- didn't mean to cause offense by bringing this up. I just think it's a good point to consider. It's personally just strange to me how critical we are of a woman's appearance/appearance in general.

Reactions: 8
I'm really not sure about the timeline with this, but the whole Alex Day thing caused a huge change in Carrie, and quite rightly so. What he did was awful, and she ended up being at the centre of this massive drama involving her boyfriend (at the time) being accused of sexual assault, statutory rape, and sexual coercion. Carrie had to find out that her boyfriend was not only cheating on her, but was being accused of being a sexual predator, all in the public eye of the huge YouTube community at the time. She did not handle this well at all in her online response, but there's no denying that's a huge trauma to deal with.

I also noticed a change when Alex released his book a few years ago. She spoke about this at the time, and how she's much more guarded with boundaries and things, which is possibly true from her perspective, but I think to a lot of people, the. change has been shown in a lot of hostility, attitude and bitterness from Carrie.
Oh. I had literally no idea that this happened...bless her. I'm only a relatively recent subscriber (since about May 2019) and I don't really know much YouTube drama (although this is obviously more serious than the typical YouTube drama). That must of been really traumatic for her. Maybe she comes across as hostile to protect herself. I hope she's ok and working through all this stuff with a professional (I think she mentioned she goes to therapy in a blog post a while back)

The Alex Day thing was hard for her to deal with but don’t forget she victim blamed the girls he abused at the time. Her behaviour wasn’t exactly exemplary.

Reactions: 19
I fully agree- I look better with long hair, as does Carrie. My point is- why should it matter to others that it doesn't suit me (or Carrie for that matter)? Why is physical appearance the most important thing? Or at least important enough to feel the need to comment on it constantly? What if I cut it short for a private reason (cancer, alopecia, psoriasis, to donate)? Wouldn't it be more productive to say (if prompted), "Well, it's not my cup of tea, but that's just my opinion." Again- didn't mean to cause offense by bringing this up. I just think it's a good point to consider. It's personally just strange to me how critical we are of a woman's appearance/appearance in general.
this thread isn’t about you! Although I would suggest you seem to be very sensitive so clearly aren’t that taken with your own hair.
Someone posted a photo of her and her hair was longer and I commented. Suggest you move over and create a rave thread. Her short hair ages her and is actually quite harsh on her face. I personally wouldn’t voice my opinion out loud if some did have tit hair in normal life but this is a gossip site and I’m sure the majority of things said on here wouldn’t get said day to day to someone’s face!

Reactions: 8
Carrie frequently posts about her hair and has many videos talking about her hair routine and promoting gifted and affiliated hair products so people here talking about it isn't surprising. (This is a Carrie thread afterall)

Especially when it comes across that she doesn't actually know how to style short curly hair.

Reactions: 3
Carrie frequently posts about her hair and has many videos talking about her hair routine and promoting gifted and affiliated hair products so people here talking about it isn't surprising. (This is a Carrie thread afterall)

Especially when it comes across that she doesn't actually know how to style short curly hair.
It is a Carrie thread- I was presenting a different perspective, like the rest of us. With that said, people are absolutely free to say what they want, I just thought it might be interesting to think about.

Definitely not defending Carrie here but she definitely appeared very in love with Alex. (Even if they seemed like an odd pairing from what I could tell. She has now removed her vlogs featuring him)

I've always felt like she never really got over him. Being the girlfriend of such a big YouTuber must have been such a huge boost for her in every sense. If you look back at videos, she's seems the most happiest back then, from what I can tell. Well, up until 2016, I think.

I don't think she's been happy for a long time and it shows.

As a fellow curly haired girl, I cut my hair short like Carrie's and it's a nightmare to style. I think her haircut ages her as well. I think mid length hair suited her the best, personally. I'm not shitting on her at all but her style and hair really ages her, but not in a good way.

Reactions: 6
The Alex Day thing was hard for her to deal with but don’t forget she victim blamed the girls he abused at the time. Her behaviour wasn’t exactly exemplary.
Tbh this doesn't surprise me. She seems like the ultra-loyal type person who defends the people close to her no matter what they do. Was she called out for it at the time? It makes me feel so uncomfortable the way her fans stick by her when she does things like this. I'm surprised no-one's tried to cancel her over it

Tbh this doesn't surprise me. She seems like the ultra-loyal type person who defends the people close to her no matter what they do. Was she called out for it at the time? It makes me feel so uncomfortable the way her fans stick by her when she does things like this. I'm surprised no-one's tried to cancel her over it
Didn’t she also still date him for a little bit in secret after his scandal?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes I remember some of the girls involved wrote about how she treated them on Tumblr. She sent a nasty text to one of them blaming her and told her not to talk to her ever again. It was a while ago so I can’t remember exactly what was said but I did feel that she was harsh to the victims of Alex Day’s behaviour. I’ve never seen her as a supporter of women tbh. She probably thought they encouraged it or something. People called her out on Twitter and she posted some stuff in her own defence. All her fans seem to have conveniently forgotten about the whole thing now.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.