Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don't know many people that still watch her/look up to her? She's definitely not very relevant nowadays. I'd say she's kinds slipped off the radar even with Cindermehla.
definitely. i’m quite a bit younger than carrie and even i feel as though i’ve outgrown her if that makes sense, used to watch her when i was at school and i’ve since moved on and got a degree and a job and all she’s done in that time is been in a couple of shows and made tit videos on youtube 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
She was asked if shes singing daily and proudly says she does ONE lesson a week as if thats the same thing
I mean this is a standard amount of lessons in the music realm. She probably practices every day in preparation for the lesson.

Reactions: 2
Carrie has just said who her current singing teacher is on an Instagram story... she’s a vocal coach! ALWs recommended vocal coach! A vocal coach and a singing teacher are not the same thing!

First time poster here! I still (sorta?) like Carrie but oh my god her facial expressions make my teeth grind. Especially on her stories. Combined with her overuse of Boomerang, she looks like some kind of demon. This one from her recent Q&A was one of her worst:
1612128098050.png

She always looks super unnatural or rude in them. Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates this!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
First time poster here! I still (sorta?) like Carrie but oh my god her facial expressions make my teeth grind. Especially on her stories. Combined with her overuse of Boomerang, she looks like some kind of demon. This one from her recent Q&A was one of her worst:
View attachment 412567
She always looks super unnatural or rude in them. Please tell me I'm not the only one who hates this!
I think she is trying to be quirky but she comes across as silly, condescending or just plain irritating. Much like Tom does.

Reactions: 5
View attachment 412567
It’s not too noticeable on this story as she’s got lippy on but PASS THE GIRL SOME CHAPSTICK!!!!!!! It’s actually all I notice some days on her stories!! Once you notice you won’t be able to concentrate on what she’s saying 😂😂

View attachment 412567
Because the only “acting” she knows is hammy over-acting - and not in a deliberate Brechtian type way, but because she cannot act for toffee. This carries over into her normal life.

Reactions: 4
Just found out that Zoe didn’t even know she was on curriculum, admits that her content isn’t teen friendly anymore and that the comment on female sex education was an after thought. Carrie’s insta story makes even less sense now! Does Carrie even know what she’s talking about? Did she even read the articles? Is she just making stuff up based on the headlines? I don’t think she’s even looked at Zoella’s response to it. I just had a look Zoe’s Instagram and even she admits it shouldn’t be on a gcse curriculum! Of the articles I’ve seen talking about Zoe being dropped from the curriculum, none of them have made comments about sex education. Just that her website wasn’t appropriate for the Media Studies GCSE anymore. Zoe herself brought up masturbation in response to the articles announcing the AQA was dropping her and how she would have loved her own website as a form of education when she was a teenager. I am aware that Zoella has been using her platform as a form of sexual education ie live-streaming a Pap smear, for a few years now. Whether you like Zoe or not, she’s done so much for women who look up to her. The conversation about sex education in school is completely separate to Zoe being dropped by AQA- but somehow her fans are merging them together as if it’s all connected. It isn’t.
On Zoe’s thread here on tattle, the main focus is on what is Zoella’s target audience on her website. They don’t seem to really care about AQA. It looks like Zoe’s target audience has had a big question mark over it for a while.

Sorry for waffling about Zoella but Carrie’s response to the whole thing confused me so much that I went down a Zoella shaped rabbit hole trying to figure out what was going on. Learned more than i needed to know about Zoe Sugg in the process lol

Edit- also, just want to add that I know it was started by some parents complaining to AQA about Zoe’s website and the article in question, but again what parents want their 14/15/16 year olds learning about sex toys in a Media Studies class? If they are going to learn that anywhere in a school setting it would be in a class dedicated to sex education.
Basically Carrie one again jumping on an issue bandwagon, making a fuss, but not actually doing any research or know what she's talking about

She looks better with longer hair.

I don’t wish to be horrible but..to me she is one of these people who is so negative and draining it shows outwardly in her face.

Reactions: 11
This morning, I was watching a bootleg of Heather's with Olivia Moore (Carrie's understudy in the show) and the comments from Carrie's minions were horrendous. Just because Olivia plays Veronica differently (and better!!!!) from Carrie, doesn't mean she's inherently bad. It really annoys me that Carrie tries to preach all that #BeKind bs when her fans are bullying people on the internet for.....not being Carrie? Her attitude seems to be rubbing off on her younger fans more and more.

edit: Also wanted to add that Olivia Moore was way more suited for that role than Carrie. Her age, singing abilities, appearance ect are so much suited for Veronica. Carrie was/is great in many roles (loved her in Adam's) but, even if you adore her, anyone can admit she played Veronica dreadfully and wasn't right for the role

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I agree, I may not be a fan of Carrie anymore but I still love her as Eponine and she sings her songs so well. I personally think that's still her best role to date. I've not seen much of her as Wednesday but I couldn't take to her as Veronica at all.

I feel like Carrie takes the role quite literally and her relating to Veronica was a little strange but also missing the point entirely.

This might be a bit of a strange thing to say but I feel like back then, (Eponine era) she didn't have much of an ego so I feel like she was more likeable on stage. I think since she's picked up this insufferable attitude and self-importance vibe, it's effected the way she performs.

Bit of a stretch, I know but I don't know if it's just me that feels this way 😂

Reactions: 6
This might be a bit of a strange thing to say but I feel like back then, (Eponine era) she didn't have much of an ego so I feel like she was more likeable on stage. I think since she's picked up this insufferable attitude and self-importance vibe, it's effected the way she performs.
So. Much. This.

Reactions: 3
I feel like Carrie takes the role quite literally and her relating to Veronica was a little strange but also missing the point entirely.
This! I feel like she didn't really know Veronica (or Heathers generally) to play the role well enough.

Veronica (and the rest of the characters) shouldn't be relatable because they are all really bad people. Veronica literally murdered someone ffs. I feel like she probably didn't know much about Heather's before she got the role (I would be surprised if she had even watched the film) and you can tell by watching her. Her characterization was totally off and her whole 'Heather's was made to teach people about kindness' bs in her vlogs was so random. It doesn't take much to do research into a very well-know character that your playing.

This morning, I was watching a bootleg of Heather's with Olivia Moore (Carrie's understudy in the show) and the comments from Carrie's minions were horrendous. Just because Olivia plays Veronica differently (and better!!!!) from Carrie, doesn't mean she's inherently bad. It really annoys me that Carrie tries to preach all that #BeKind bs when her fans are bullying people on the internet for.....not being Carrie? Her attitude seems to be rubbing off on her younger fans more and more.

edit: Also wanted to add that Olivia Moore was way more suited for that role than Carrie. Her age, singing abilities, appearance ect are so much suited for Veronica. Carrie was/is great in many roles (loved her in Adam's) but, even if you adore her, anyone can admit she played Veronica dreadfully and wasn't right for the role
One of the comments that stuck out to me aside from Olivia committing the crime of not being Carrie!!1! was one about it feeling like Jamie was cheating on C, like lol what. Do the minions know it's pretend?

Carrie should have really played Martha!!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.