Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if part of the reason Carrie won't do any shows as herself is because she knows she's not genuine or kind and she's worried that when she can't heavily edit and plan everything she says her facade will crack even more and her fans might finally see the true her.
Exactly this! Even with editing, she came across SO badly in that photoshoot. She comes across badly on Twitter and when she answers questions on IG.

I kinda get the impression a lot of her fans are relatively new and also young. It seems a lot of us who see through her were former fans and also seen the shift after 2016.

Reactions: 4
Exactly this! Even with editing, she came across SO badly in that photoshoot. She comes across badly on Twitter and when she answers questions on IG.

I kinda get the impression a lot of her fans are relatively new and also young. It seems a lot of us who see through her were former fans and also seen the shift after 2016.
I have a teenage cousin who likes all of Carrie’s posts - :eek:
I only follow Carrie to see how egostistical she gets. I turned off her during Addams. But peoples’ behaviour intrigues me so I can’t help but watch :D That photoshoot portion of her vlog was so “look at meeeee” I kind of imagined that “I’m to sexy for my shirt” song to play:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1
The fact that she eavesdrops on people in their dressing rooms to make sure they're not talking tit about her... that's so absurd and makes me kinda feel bad for her, that her confidence is so low that she feels the need to do that...? (It's also really insulting to her costarts, that she doesn't trust them..) I just can't see the person she was in 2012 doing that sort of stuff, so I don't know if she's fundamentally changed/her confidence has taken too many blows, or if she was always a bit like that and we didn't see it? In any case, it seems to have gotten worse in the last few years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
So she’s performing “I know I have a heart tonight” - A thought just occurred to me though, now I know it’s ALW and he has the big bucks but generally I really wonder if Bad Cinderella would be getting this sheer amount of promo spots if they weren’t the first new show trying to open after the pandemic, say if Back to the Future had been able to go straight from Manchester to London as planned or if the Heathers tour was able to go ahead (I know they didn’t do anything like this in their first run other than West End Live, but they could have done Seventeen on All Star Musicals for example) - it’s just a whole other layer of Carrie’s privilege that she’s had this job lined up that she apparently can’t see through but her audience can (I know Frozen is also trying to open but literally everyone knows the plot of Frozen so they’re getting dispensation on not having to hard on advertising at least until they are actually open 😂)

Reactions: 2
Wow, I don’t check Tattle for a couple of days and come back to this! I’m amazed. Thank you anon-Moose, for your bravery in exposing Carrie like this. Some small part of me, as a former fan, had always hoped that we were wrong about Carrie. Now I know that we were right all along. What an awful person.

Reactions: 9
Loving the tea! I’m also amazed Carrie knew exactly who it was from the first message, which had nothing particularly identifying in it, and confronted you straight away. She really cannot bear anyone saying or thinking anything remotely negative about her can she?

I really hope you get some amazing jobs when theatres reopen anon moose.

Long rant incoming, sorry!

I have been a fan of Carrie’s for YEARS (back when she was dating Alex Day) and I’m so disappointed to learn just how horrible she really is. I had my suspicions as certain aspects of her personality just don’t sit right with me. She seems very fake and patronising. Almost like her being kind to people is a gift because she’s so much better than them. She’s always been EXTREMELY argumentative with her fans and with just anyone tbh. I remember before she was back in theatre, when she was just doing YouTube, she would constantly reply to negative tweets and comments and it just seems like she always wants to argue with her followers. She seems to have a lot of insecurities and just feels the need to be defensive all the time, even if people aren’t even addressing her or saying anything wrong. And in her mind she probably thinks that’s her having ‘boundaries’ but picking arguments with people and being rude, often for no reason, is just being horrible for the sake of it. She needs to understand that she is making an absolute fool of herself. Back when she was 20, I remember thinking even then how cringey her argumentative interactions were, but now she is a ‘mature’ adult with a proper career and she just makes an absolute idiot of herself. It’s a wonder ALW hired her, she doesn’t have a professional online presence at all. Which other actors do you know who pick arguments with followers all the time? People will stick up for themselves and quite rightly protect their boundaries, but that’s not what she’s doing, she’s just picking fights and WHY? It’s absolutely pathetic. Is she still going to be doing this when she’s 40?? Her brother and Gi don’t do that, she should take a leaf out of their book.

I should also mention that a friend of mine met her twice at stage door. The first time she was apparently really arrogant and fake and just patronising everyone and acting like she was blessing them with her prescience and being all ‘look at me, I’m down to Earth, an actress slumming it with the commoners’. And the second time she spoke to my friend very sharply as my friend waited at stage door for a while (cue another rant about stage door!) and she got a selfie and an autograph and just mentioned ‘I thought I’d missed you, I didn’t know if you were coming out or if you’d already gone’ and Carrie immediately switched to her defensive mode and snappily said ‘Well I just did two shows for you, I don’t have to come out straight away’ which isn’t what my friend was saying. I’ve seen a few of the shows Carrie was in and just happen to always go on a day when she’s busy and not doing stage door and that’s fine, we all get it that we are not entitled to a meet and greet, she’s made that boundary very clear and most people respect that. But she was so bloody rude about it. I think she thinks she’s the future Judi Dench or someone. Like she’s convinced that she’s going to be a future ‘West End Legend’ so she’s already acting like one now. Be HUMBLE, Carrie. We can all see through your little act.

One more thing, it really annoys me that she goes on about how disrespectful it is that actors are seen as ‘low skilled’. Love, I’m a Carer, I’ve been living in at work throughout the entire pandemic and even the government consider me lowskilled. Actors have had it tough throughout this pandemic by losing their work and income but she isn’t one of them because she still makes enough money with her books and videos and sponsorships. She’s so bloody privileged but she still plays that ‘poor little hard-done-by actress’ act. You are not one of the many actors who has had to move out of their homes or had to go back to their old jobs. Stfu.

Also forgot to add, she mentioned a while back in a video that she isn’t as privileged as people think because her mum and dad worked hard in multiple jobs to give her and her brother the opportunities they had. Carrie. That IS your privilege. Your parents may not have been privileged in that aspect, but you were. Not all of us have supportive parents. That is your privilege, Carrie. But she so wants to have this reputation of ‘rags to riches’. She’s privileged af but just doesn’t want to be.

Long rant over. I needed that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Loving the tea! I’m also amazed Carrie knew exactly who it was from the first message, which had nothing particularly identifying in it
Guilty conscience, and she's well aware of what she's done to whom in the past.

Reactions: 2
“ I just did two shows for you”.
Jesus. The woman’s ego is out of control. Which is odd seeing as she is very obviously a control freak!

I can’t help but notice how ‘excited’ she is about Scott going on to The Circle. I wonder if it’s because she feels it might boost her own fame by being associated with him. Like how she was suddenly all over Gi when she won I’m A Celeb. This woman doesn’t support anyone unless she’s benefiting from it too.

Reactions: 6
Omg yes! All of that desperate grappling for people to give her credit for Gi being her sister-in-law and Tom being her brother. Tagging Ruthie Henshall in a picture (that she didn’t even notice) to wriggle her way in as having some sort of connection (does she think we don’t notice that tit btw?) She just seems so fame-hungry and it’s embarrassing because I don’t know any other actor that does that. I reckon it’s due to the very odd comment now and then about only being famous because of her brother, which we know isn’t true because she was acting before McFly was a thing and people obvs don’t hire her because of him, but she still has an insecurity about being overshadowed. And for a while I felt bad for her and could understand why she felt like that, but now I’m starting to think that she’s maybe bitter that she doesn’t get more credit than Tom and Gi because ‘she was doing it first’. Like, when she was grappling for attention on Twitter and Instagram AND YouTube (and probably anything else she’s on) what was she expecting? Ant and Dec to announce that ‘Wow Giovanna’s sister in law happens to be an actress who has worked with Ruthie Henshall and met Vernon Kay when they went on Family Fortunes, let’s give a big hand for Carrie’. We all see it Carrie, we get it, you have personal connections with famous people, but all this ‘subtle’ bragging is just sad and desperate. Just get on with doing YOUR job and stop trying to get other people to notice you, it’s weird? She seems totally incapable of not being centre of attention, it’s so narcissistic.

I can’t help but notice how ‘excited’ she is about Scott going on to The Circle. I wonder if it’s because she feels it might boost her own fame by being associated with him. Like how she was suddenly all over Gi when she won I’m A Celeb. This woman doesn’t support anyone unless she’s benefiting from it too.
It was certainly odd how her and Tom/Gi went from practically never mentioning each other for months, to suddenly Carrie being all over it when Gi went on to IAC.

Interesting when you run her books through fake review checkers, seeing the scores drop to mediocre when the suspicious reviews are removed. Buying followers, buying reviews...is there no low she won’t sink to?

5775F128-80BC-49C7-9823-D9BEF589A64F.png

• Wow
Wow, I don’t even know what to say. I’ve had a few days without checking the thread and didn’t expect to come on and see this. I’m so sorry to hear about your experience, Moose, but thank you for sharing. Please don’t let her put you off doing what you’re clearly talented at. You should be proud of yourself and I’m very confident Carrie’s behaviour comes from a place of insecurity. It also reminded me of this comment a few months ago. It seems a few fellow performers feel the same way! ❤

Attachments

So many people have mentioned having a bad experience working with her. She’s always had airs and graces about being better than everyone. Loads of people in the YouTube community had an issue with her being arrogant about ‘being more famous than them’. Even in the theatre world, she seems to give off this vibe of everyone else there being lucky to get to work with her. I can imagine that a lot of people don’t say it to her face because they know how confrontational she can be. There’s no denying that she’s a talented performer but it’s so off putting when it’s coupled with such transparent arrogance. I’ve met a lot of actors at stage door, some of whom are much more famous than her, like actual A Listers, and none of them have off this vibe of ‘look how kind I am to be talking to you’. They were just... normal. Friendly and humble and chill. But she has an awful persona that she puts on that’s sickeningly ‘look how humble I am’. And this is coming from someone who has been a fan for most of her for almost 10 years. I practically idolised her. Really can’t stand her attitude now, she’s becoming less and less subtle about her arrogance. (There is a big difference between confidence and arrogance.)

Sorry, I’m REALLY ranting today. She’s being getting on my tits for quite some time and I am new here, didn’t realise other people could see her attitude as well!

• Heart
So many people have mentioned having a bad experience working with her. She’s always had airs and graces about being better than everyone. Loads of people in the YouTube community had an issue with her being arrogant about ‘being more famous than them’. Even in the theatre world, she seems to give off this vibe of everyone else there being lucky to get to work with her. I can imagine that a lot of people don’t say it to her face because they know how confrontational she can be. There’s no denying that she’s a talented performer but it’s so off putting when it’s coupled with such transparent arrogance. I’ve met a lot of actors at stage door, some of whom are much more famous than her, like actual A Listers, and none of them have off this vibe of ‘look how kind I am to be talking to you’. They were just... normal. Friendly and humble and chill. But she has an awful persona that she puts on that’s sickeningly ‘look how humble I am’. And this is coming from someone who has been a fan for most of her for almost 10 years. I practically idolised her. Really can’t stand her attitude now, she’s becoming less and less subtle about her arrogance. (There is a big difference between confidence and arrogance.)

Sorry, I’m REALLY ranting today. She’s being getting on my tits for quite some time and I am new here, didn’t realise other people could see her attitude as well!
It's a safe space. I just cannot believe why anyone would treat fans the way that she does, and how she can get away with it.

At the end of the day (I've only been registered a day on here) the vibe I get is that people are being honest on here.

Lots of love people xo

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.