Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Cringe is the right word..... I didn't think it could get cringier than the misplaced Marie Antoinette sketch or the iPod thing...this is even worse. It's an attempt at doing a version of texting jokes "like the kids do", but written by someone who's out of the loop. It is entertaining watching this trainwreck, though
Im sure they are trying to get gen Z to like them but I’m sure Gen Z barely knows about Justin and Selena dating even less the other couples.

Reactions: 3
I read it the same way and tbh it may even be meant that way. ALW and the arts (theatre especially especially) are coming across as petulant children at times as though everything is a personal attack on them. You don't hear the nightclub industry (for example) saying anything like that, and they haven't come close to reopening since march
The theatre scene in many parts of the world seems to be convinced that theaters have been closed unfairly and that there is no risk for audiences to get infected, while sitting in a closed room with hundreds of others, mask-less performers and where nobody checks if masks are correctly worn all the time (!). I understand that it seems unfair when, say, flying is still allowed, but the sentiment expressed in "if we're allowed" seems to be a common one. Nobody was out to destroy the arts and performance world; even if you're not a virologist it must be obvious that theaters aren't safer than other places?
(Disclaimer: I fully understand the frustration and fear over losing jobs and the theatre scene possibly for years)

Reactions: 6
Why did it make me laugh that she liked a tweet about things drama school never taught you... you never even went to drama school!🙈

Reactions: 11
Everything about Cinderella the character comes across so unlikable and like they're above everyone else.
I'm hoping that's part of the plot. If not it's really really bad marketing.

Reactions: 5
The theatre scene in many parts of the world seems to be convinced that theaters have been closed unfairly and that there is no risk for audiences to get infected, while sitting in a closed room with hundreds of others, mask-less performers and where nobody checks if masks are correctly worn all the time (!). I understand that it seems unfair when, say, flying is still allowed, but the sentiment expressed in "if we're allowed" seems to be a common one. Nobody was out to destroy the arts and performance world; even if you're not a virologist it must be obvious that theaters aren't safer than other places?
(Disclaimer: I fully understand the frustration and fear over losing jobs and the theatre scene possibly for years)
I work at a theatre, I went through redundancy process and was probably the most stressful thing I’ve ever been through. We were doing everything in making sure people were safe we were making sure everyone was wearing masks at all times and if not we told them too, we did everything to make the venue safe everyone was social distance and different areas had different entrances and exits, even 477 tables and chairs outside the table for people to be at before the show. To be honest I felt safer in the building than in the outside world. Theatre now they probably won’t open for a while, we were meant to open in mid April and today we were told that has been pushed back. It’s the right decision but it’s also sad it’s a long time to wait and no one knows what will happen. I hate not being able to work and I’m considering looking at something else.

Reactions: 10
I work at a theatre, I went through redundancy process and was probably the most stressful thing I’ve ever been through. We were doing everything in making sure people were safe we were making sure everyone was wearing masks at all times and if not we told them too, we did everything to make the venue safe everyone was social distance and different areas had different entrances and exits, even 477 tables and chairs outside the table for people to be at before the show. To be honest I felt safer in the building than in the outside world. Theatre now they probably won’t open for a while, we were meant to open in mid April and today we were told that has been pushed back. It’s the right decision but it’s also sad it’s a long time to wait and no one knows what will happen. I hate not being able to work and I’m considering looking at something else.
It's so sad for culture in general. In my country, theatres are protesting bc shopping centres are allowed to open again now. The experts are saying that the reason theatres are not allowed to open is because sitting in a theatre for hours will keep the virus inside and lead to more infection than in shops where people walk in and out but don't stay for hours. I can see that reasoning, but it's still a shame, and so many people in cultural jobs aren't compensated well enough (or at all)

Reactions: 4
It's so sad for culture in general. In my country, theatres are protesting bc shopping centres are allowed to open again now. The experts are saying that the reason theatres are not allowed to open is because sitting in a theatre for hours will keep the virus inside and lead to more infection than in shops where people walk in and out but don't stay for hours. I can see that reasoning, but it's still a shame, and so many people in cultural jobs aren't compensated well enough (or at all)
Yep I completely get that our government has completely disregarded freelancers and a lot of people haven’t received any money for a year (then get asked to pay tax😡). With shopping centres people are touching thing and they could be transmitting the virus that way as well. It’s a complete mess and there isn’t a right way unfortunately. It will be a very long time before we go back to pre covid.

Reactions: 1
I’m the same. It’s frustrating watching people being allowed to pile into bleeping Primark but not into meticulously planned auditoriums.

It’s also incredibly frustrating being told to “just retrain” and “do something useful” because frankly unless you’re offering the £££ required to retrain into an entirely new career like a Doctor or Nurse then you can shut your trap about what I do with my life.

I’ve been busting my ass working at a supermarket since last March, I got the job a couple of days after we all got sent home because none of us knew if we would see any money from our employers while venues were shut. I was made redundant in the summer from my theatre job. To put up with all the BS that retail entails (I’ve got to wear a body cam because the public treat us like tit), to then have people say we’re whiny and entitled really boils my piss.

Theatre as an industry involves incredibly long anti social hours, and really becomes your entire life. Much of the time the people you work with become like family. You have to have a real passion to keep at it given how badly it pays sometimes and the absolute shite you get from people further up the ladder! So yes, we are going to make a noise about how we’ve been treated - including voicing that it’s bleeping rude to tell us to retrain when no one seems to be telling other industries that!

If you don’t like it then stop going to the theatre. You don’t get to enjoy what we create then scoff at us when we’re mad about losing our jobs!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry but everyone is told to retrain if their jobs have vanished, even without the pandemic. In general life if technology replaces some jobs or if sectors slow or disappear people have to retrain or do other jobs. I also know high paid professionals who are now delivery drivers and such like due to pandemic. Pilots and Air stewards have had to retrain or been volunteering. Nightclubs haven't even had the chance to reopen but no one seems to be talking about that. The aviation comparison doesn't really hold as they have advanced filtration systems that theatres do not have, youre also not sat in the dark so can see if people remove masks. Plus air travel is being completely discouraged.

And yes the public are treating supermarket staff badly, I work in customer service elsewhere and to be honest I think its across the board. We were all saying the other day how the patience and kindness of people has gone and everyone seems angry, and to a certain degree entitled. Using the pandemic as an excuse that they as the customer should get whatever they want, forgetting we are all struggling with our individual situations.

Yes its tit, and I'm not saying arts sector can't be angry or disappointed in the situation. Just that this attitude that some of the arts sector has that they are the only ones suffering or have been unfairly targeted just isn't correct or fair on thousands/millions of others going through the same thing.

Reactions: 14
I’m the same. It’s frustrating watching people being allowed to pile into bleeping Primark but not into meticulously planned auditoriums.

It’s also incredibly frustrating being told to “just retrain” and “do something useful” because frankly unless you’re offering the £££ required to retrain into an entirely new career like a Doctor or Nurse then you can shut your trap about what I do with my life.

I’ve been busting my ass working at a supermarket since last March, I got the job a couple of days after we all got sent home because none of us knew if we would see any money from our employers while venues were shut. I was made redundant in the summer from my theatre job. To put up with all the BS that retail entails (I’ve got to wear a body cam because the public treat us like tit), to then have people say we’re whiny and entitled really boils my piss.

Theatre as an industry involves incredibly long anti social hours, and really becomes your entire life. Much of the time the people you work with become like family. You have to have a real passion to keep at it given how badly it pays sometimes and the absolute shite you get from people further up the ladder! So yes, we are going to make a noise about how we’ve been treated - including voicing that it’s bleeping rude to tell us to retrain when no one seems to be telling other industries that!

If you don’t like it then stop going to the theatre. You don’t get to enjoy what we create then scoff at us when we’re mad about losing our jobs!
Do you work in the U.K.? I’ve never known if shop staff to wear body cams. That’s awful isn’t it that people are so horrible you have to do that.

Reactions: 2

Totally agree and I’m sorry you were made redundant, it’s a devastating experience and no one deserves to go through it.
Retraining is completely pointless cuz the education system a mess and there aren’t any jobs going. I’ve been trying to join the police for years and even they aren’t recruiting. I’m furloughed and I feel useless and I miss working, if I was offered a12+ shift now at work I would so do it. I don’t think the government realise if arts peeps retrain you won’t have tv, films, music and other forms. It’s was a horrible and thoughtless thing to say and understandable it got a lot of people angry.
it’s crazy you have to wear a body cam, but it’sfor your own safety and some people are being completely idiots about the pandemic. Everyone who working to keep the country going is doing an amazing job so thank you.

Total agree the people you work with become your family, your with them every day you also have fun no matter how busy it is, it’s a really community and the pandemic has ripped it away. My work made 500 + people redundant in my area, only 50 people left. All of my friends lost their jobs.
The arts are the 2nd biggest contributor to the economic, but we will never completely vanish we will fight for it. In a few years time we will be back and we will be bigger and better than ever. I completely understand that the pandemic has affected all industries and it will take years to recover and jobs and companies have be lost. We need to learn and change from the pandemic for we can move forward.

Last edited:
Totally agree and I’m sorry you were made redundant, it’s a devastating experience and no one deserves to go through it.
Retraining is completely pointless cuz the education system a mess and there aren’t any jobs going. I’ve been trying to join the police for years and even they aren’t recruiting. I’m furloughed and I feel useless and I miss working, if I was offered a12+ shift now at work I would so do it. I don’t think the government realise if arts peeps retrain you won’t have tv, films, music and other forms. It’s was a horrible and thoughtless thing to say and understandable it got a lot of people angry.
it’s crazy you have to wear a body cam, but it’sfor your own safety and some people are being completely idiots about the pandemic. Everyone who working to keep the country going is doing an amazing job so thank you.

Total agree the people you work with become your family, your with them every day you also have fun no matter how busy it is, it’s a really community and the pandemic has ripped it away. My work made 500 + people redundant in my area, only 50 people left. All of my friends lost their jobs.
The arts are the 2nd biggest contributor to the economic, but we will never completely vanish we will fight for it. In a few years time we will be back and we will be bigger and better than ever. I completely understand that the pandemic has affected all industries and it will take years to recover and jobs and companies have be lost. We need to learn and change from the pandemic for we can move forward.
Yes I’m the same, I’ve looked at joining the police, fire brigade in general, and the ambulance service as a call handler. Every job at the moment is totally overwhelmed with applications! And totally agree with you, education is a mess right now. I don’t need the debt, especially £9k to have lectures via zoom! I feel so bad for uni students right now.

My theatre company was the same. 500/600 people redundant and only about 60 kept on in roles we were all told to apply for even though they were high management only! Slap in the face.

Also yep I’m in the UK, one company has been rolling out body cams for staff since July as instances of verbal and physical assaults are up across most stores. Mostly over trivial tit like the lottery machine not working or we’re out of eggs! Don’t even get me started on the abuse we get if we ask someone to wear a mask!

Reactions: 1
Yes I’m the same, I’ve looked at joining the police, fire brigade in general, and the ambulance service as a call handler. Every job at the moment is totally overwhelmed with applications! And totally agree with you, education is a mess right now. I don’t need the debt, especially £9k to have lectures via zoom! I feel so bad for uni students right now.

My theatre company was the same. 500/600 people redundant and only about 60 kept on in roles we were all told to apply for even though they were high management only! Slap in the face.

Also yep I’m in the UK, one company has been rolling out body cams for staff since July as instances of verbal and physical assaults are up across most stores. Mostly over trivial tit like the lottery machine not working or we’re out of eggs! Don’t even get me started on the abuse we get if we ask someone to wear a mask!
With the police I’ve been trying on and off for about 6+ year never been successfully, was hoping 2020 would be the year but that never happened. In the public services no one is leaving and so anyone they are recruiting is getting start dates 2022. The pandemic has made getting a job very difficult and incredible competitive.
im sorry that happened to you. Tbh I not sure there’s much big bosses/management can do at the moment. I hope you get to go back one day or something better comes up.

Thats horrible, Why can’t people just do as their told, its so selfish,disgraceful, disgusting behaviour. You protecting yourself and other. If everyone did this properly we would be out of this a lot quicker and back to normal. I hope you have a good support system at home and work.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.