Carrie Hope Fletcher #5 Only Her, Moany Her

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I remember some of the girls involved wrote about how she treated them on Tumblr. She sent a nasty text to one of them blaming her and told her not to talk to her ever again. It was a while ago so I can’t remember exactly what was said but I did feel that she was harsh to the victims of Alex Day’s behaviour. I’ve never seen her as a supporter of women tbh. She probably thought they encouraged it or something. People called her out on Twitter and she posted some stuff in her own defence. All her fans seem to have conveniently forgotten about the whole thing now.
I hate to defend Carrie here, but I’m gonna do it anyway. Carrie lashed out in surprise and anger after the whole Alex Day thing came out. She found out her boyfriend slept with other women and one of them she considered a friend. Not knowing the full story of Alex’s coercion she lashed out at a friend that she thought had consensual sex with her boyfriend.
Then Carrie found out that it wasn’t consensual and that Alex had basically raped them. I don’t know anyone who would know how to handle that! And when you consider how young she was when it happened as well, I don’t blame her for how she reacted. When I found out about her meeting up with him after they broke up, I thought it a bit weird, but they had dated for about 5 months, he was cheating on her pretty much the whole time and she probably needed some closure- especially when she probably didn’t know what to believe of what was coming out of the media about it. She obviously needed to hear it from him. Say what you want about Carrie but having a go at her over her reaction to her boyfriend cheating on her and then find out he was manipulating them as well... the whole thing forced her to grow up really quickly when she was what, 22? I didn’t even have my first proper relationship until my mid to late 20s. Carrie did apologise both publicly and privately to the girl she thought her friend. Carrie deserves to move on from Alex.
Can we go back to talking about her hair, which I really hope she doesn't cut again because it’s kinda perfect length right now and what we think is going to happen with Cinderella? X

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If people are talking about Alex Day again here, I'll just say this - I obviously have no idea what was going on with him and Carrie and whatever, but just from a viewer's perspective it was super clear that the guy was basking in his rockstar persona a bit too much long before the scandal. I distinctly remember one "chatty" video with him and this youtuber girl (his roommate?) playing some sort of a "never have I ever" game and the way he talked about drugs and groupies while smirking was just crazy even for his own youtube persona.

I have a feeling Cinderella will be her major last role. It's going to massively flop, which won't help her at all, but she's only really getting cast in stuff at this point because of her YouTube career and that's gone up in complete flames. She doesn't seem to have any sort of posting schedule and her views per video rarely climb above 50k. Her content is just so boring now. I can't see her still being big on YouTube by next year. The only way I can see her still surviving on YouTube is by having a baby and moving more the the parenting side of social media (which doesn't feel like it'll happen any time soon as her and Oliver don't seem mature enough for a baby yet)

Reactions: 7
I hate to defend Carrie here, but I’m gonna do it anyway. Carrie lashed out in surprise and anger after the whole Alex Day thing came out. She found out her boyfriend slept with other women and one of them she considered a friend. Not knowing the full story of Alex’s coercion she lashed out at a friend that she thought had consensual sex with her boyfriend.
Then Carrie found out that it wasn’t consensual and that Alex had basically raped them. I don’t know anyone who would know how to handle that! And when you consider how young she was when it happened as well, I don’t blame her for how she reacted. When I found out about her meeting up with him after they broke up, I thought it a bit weird, but they had dated for about 5 months, he was cheating on her pretty much the whole time and she probably needed some closure- especially when she probably didn’t know what to believe of what was coming out of the media about it. She obviously needed to hear it from him. Say what you want about Carrie but having a go at her over her reaction to her boyfriend cheating on her and then find out he was manipulating them as well... the whole thing forced her to grow up really quickly when she was what, 22? I didn’t even have my first proper relationship until my mid to late 20s. Carrie did apologise both publicly and privately to the girl she thought her friend. Carrie deserves to move on from Alex.
Can we go back to talking about her hair, which I really hope she doesn't cut again because it’s kinda perfect length right now and what we think is going to happen with Cinderella? X
It’s easy to make excuses about how she was probably feeling but I’m saying how I saw it at the time. I wasn’t having a go at her, I was factually stating what she did, whether she was 22 or not it was messed up. Imagine being raped and then shamed online by someone with a huge platform. Apologies don’t cut it in that situation.

Anyway, it happened years ago and I agree we should move on and talk about other things.

ALW is now saying Cinderella will open "in the summer" so looks like it's going to be rescheduled again, though nothing official yet.

It’s easy to make excuses about how she was probably feeling but I’m saying how I saw it at the time. I wasn’t having a go at her, I was factually stating what she did, whether she was 22 or not it was messed up. Imagine being raped and then shamed online by someone with a huge platform. Apologies don’t cut it in that situation.

Anyway, it happened years ago and I agree we should move on and talk about other things.
oh I definitely agree with you- I’m just reminding that Carrie did not have the full story at that point and actually thought her friend was sleeping with her boyfriend behind her back. That’s why she messaged her. When Carrie found out the truth she apologised but she couldn’t take it back, what was done was done. (I read way too much about this on the old gossip board and it never left my brain.)
Let’s move on now.

Grinds my gears that she just has to post a story about how she's made a "stupid" amount of progress on her book and has read 96 pages of a book and put up a chest of drawers or whatever. It's not interesting and it's juuust once again her pointing out how productive she's been. Who does she think will find that interesting? What's the point of sharing that other than to brag? Does she post it with her friends in mind, or with her followers in mind? I don't think she even knows how to consider who should be the fitting audience for her SoMe content. Can someone please ban her from listing the things she does everyday? Give her some business tips in social media, please. If my friends had such boring content I would have to mute them. She really does seem to need constant praise from her fans.

Reactions: 9
oh I definitely agree with you- I’m just reminding that Carrie did not have the full story at that point and actually thought her friend was sleeping with her boyfriend behind her back. That’s why she messaged her. When Carrie found out the truth she apologised but she couldn’t take it back, what was done was done. (I read way too much about this on the old gossip board and it never left my brain.)
Let’s move on now.
The only question left would be: Would Carrie react differently now, many years later? I think not. Nothing she shows of her personality online/publicly indicates any growths or maturity or willingness to learn. Not too long ago she inserted herself into the MeToo discussion with the vague abuse allegations against Pete, only through liking comments on YT. While she owes nobody a full run-down on what went on in her relationship, she chose to do that knowing what would happen if she did.

Reactions: 5
I personally don't see anything wrong with talking about the Alex Day thing as long as we're not dragging the victims. What he did was vile and unacceptable, I'm glad he's suffered the consequences of his actions and I hope the victims are doing well, and finding closure in the best way their able to.

She was still old enough in my mind to know better at 22. Also, she was happy to drag Pete's name a few years later with vague allegations so I don't think I can really excuse her behaviour.

All I'm saying is, I think there's a reason she's not got as many friends from what we can tell. I don't think she's a very nice person. I'm sure she was at one point, but I don't know, there's just something off about her.

Side note: There's nothing wrong with not having a lot of friends, I just find it strange that she evidently had a lot at one stage and that seems to have gone very quiet. This is even before lockdown. She always claims to be "too busy with theatre" and other commitments but I have hard time believing that's completely true.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
On a lighter note, the irony of her latest post is that yes Shan in the main feature of the picture, put Carrie has to make sure everyone knows how lovely she is for showing Shan and her talent off by leading everyone’s attention to her 😂 I feel kinda sorry for her because it is a bit of a she can’t win situation, but it’s more because of her track record of every single happy birthday or congratulations photo having to have her be the center that this is even noticeable

Reactions: 2
Anyone else think its a bit dodgy/borderline fraudulent to say charities are "benefitting" from her cameos but not divulging what percentage?

On a lighter note, the irony of her latest post is that yes Shan in the main feature of the picture, put Carrie has to make sure everyone knows how lovely she is for showing Shan and her talent off by leading everyone’s attention to her 😂 I feel kinda sorry for her because it is a bit of a she can’t win situation, but it’s more because of her track record of every single happy birthday or congratulations photo having to have her be the center that this is even noticeable
She comes across as SO smug in that photo. It's like a "I'm a star and I'm giving my limelight to this unknown newcomer. You are SO welcome, Shan". Carrie the Do-Gooder. She can never EVER just give someone their moment. The self-insert is unreal. It's like when she just HAD to tell EVERYONE that John McCrae was her first ever boyfriend (she was nine) the minute he blew up on the West End.

OK nobody shoot me but I just watched les mis (movie) for the very first time.

Anne hathaways i dreamed a dream is intense... I genuinely cannot picture carrie carrying off an emotional performance anything like that? Did anyone see carrie as fantine? What was she like?

Reactions: 3

Anne hathaways i dreamed a dream is intense... I genuinely cannot picture carrie carrying off an emotional performance anything like that? Did anyone see carrie as fantine? What was she like?
To be Carrie is a perfectly ok acceptable average Fantine. Nothing amazing but I've seen worse. The movie Fantine is very different, the song is quiter and more intense and intimate. Different to how its done on stage, I've never seen any fantine act like that on stage. But yes Carrie couldn't have pulled it off like that

Reactions: 6

I agree with the poster above, but I will say within the same month I saw Carrie and Katie Hall as Fantine and oh my goodness the difference is insane. The song is far more powerful on certain words like gone, and still I dream etc to get to the back, but Carrie is literally one note, one sad emotion, one sad face throughout the whole thing.On the album she literally doesn’t change her voice or expression much on any of those key notes and I’ve got to wonder if any director etc picked up on that? I really recommend listening totwo Side by side and you’ll immediatly see the difference.

I did a longer post about this in the last thread but basically I think Carrie, as well as being one note acting and expression of her voice, she gets waaaaay too wrapped up in *her* knowledge of the show/source material (more for Les Mis than anything) and because she knows this is a sad song and Fantine s going to die therefore she will sing this is a sad song. Yes it is a sad song, but Fantine in that moment doesn’t know she’s going to die if anything it’s more an illustration of why she’s ultimately recognises her situations rather than being delusional has hope she had, the rest is what her death song is for. It’s worth noting they did move the song in the film to after she’s become a prostitute whereas in the show it’s literally right after she’s been fired.

Reactions: 6
I agree with the poster above, but I will say within the same month I saw Carrie and Katie Hall as Fantine and oh my goodness the difference is insane. The song is far more powerful on certain words like gone, and still I dream etc to get to the back, but Carrie is literally one note, one sad emotion, one sad face throughout the whole thing.On the album she literally doesn’t change her voice or expression much on any of those key notes and I’ve got to wonder if any director etc picked up on that? I really recommend listening totwo Side by side and you’ll immediatly see the difference.

I did a longer post about this in the last thread but basically I think Carrie, as well as being one note acting and expression of her voice, she gets waaaaay too wrapped up in *her* knowledge of the show/source material (more for Les Mis than anything) and because she knows this is a sad song and Fantine s going to die therefore she will sing this is a sad song. Yes it is a sad song, but Fantine in that moment doesn’t know she’s going to die if anything it’s more an illustration of why she’s ultimately recognises her situations rather than being delusional has hope she had, the rest is what her death song is for. It’s worth noting they did move the song in the film to after she’s become a prostitute whereas in the show it’s literally right after she’s been fired.
i feel the song has more weight in the film because it takes place when Fantine is at her lowest. I can’t imagine Carrie having that kind of depth. I’ll be honest, I haven’t actually listened to a proper version of Carrie singing it except for the god awful jazzed up version from her album. A friend of mine saw Carrie as Fantine in the original concert and said she was good, but my friend sang so many praises about other members of the cast it seemed like a throwaway line, ‘oh, Carrie was fine’.
When I did a production of Les Mis when I was a teenager, we all thought the placement of I Dreamed A Dream was mainly to allow the ensemble girls to get ready for Lovely Ladies. I Dreamed A Dream seems like such a short song when you have a quick change lol

i feel the song has more weight in the film because it takes place when Fantine is at her lowest. I can’t imagine Carrie having that kind of depth. I’ll be honest, I haven’t actually listened to a proper version of Carrie singing it except for the god awful jazzed up version from her album. A friend of mine saw Carrie as Fantine in the original concert and said she was good, but my friend sang so many praises about other members of the cast it seemed like a throwaway line, ‘oh, Carrie was fine’.
When I did a production of Les Mis when I was a teenager, we all thought the placement of I Dreamed A Dream was mainly to allow the ensemble girls to get ready for Lovely Ladies. I Dreamed A Dream seems like such a short song when you have a quick change lol
i completely agree with your friend about the concert. Especially since I saw John Owen Jones rather than Alfie Boe (that’s a discussion for a whole other day) it was literally the case that everyone else was absolutely phenomenal, oh yeah and Carrie was okay. But then I saw the tour and Katie Hall’s Fantine just left such a stronger impression and I felt she had a much stronger voice and she actually came from playing Cosette first rather than Eponine (just as in you’d expect the stronger belt to come from an extreme who has played Eponine before)and then going back to the concert album just highlighted the difference even more

Reactions: 3
I never saw Carrie as Eponine but I thought her version of "On my Own" when she was she played her the first time to round was beautiful. The album version wasn't great in my mind but I don't know if that's just me?

Reactions: 4
I never saw Carrie as Eponine but I thought her version of "On my Own" when she was she played her the first time to round was beautiful. The album version wasn't great in my mind but I don't know if that's just me?
When I want to remember old Carrie, I go back to her performance of On My Own at West End Live. She sounded amazing there!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.