Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Hi all, I just discovered this board and oh god am I glad these exist.
Sorry to derail a little bit, hope you all don't mind this incoming rant.

I worked with Carrie on a show a few years ago and she was an absolute NIGHTMARE. She always needed the spotlight on her, even if she wasn't front and centre of a scene or song she'd always try and find a way to wiggle herself in! She always had to be close to the male lead too, to a point where he became noticeably uncomfortable and even expressed discomfort towards her to me at one point. It's almost like she lacked knowledge of the fact that just because their characters were close in the show, didn't mean she had to be up his ass in real life too.

She bragged about money a lot too. I remember one night she said something along the lines of ''I could just leave you all and I'd be fine, I have the money I need to be comfortable for quite some time.'' She said it in a jokingly manner but most of us felt like it was a not so subtle brag and less of a joke. She kept talking about how great her new house was going to be too while most of us struggled to pay rent in our flats before this show came along.

She absolutely reads these boards by the way, and there's a good chance she'll narrow down who I am and indirect me in our groupchat (as she does whenever she has the SMALLEST problem with anyone and anything) but oh well, screw it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I'd love to hear more stories but only if you're comfortable with sharing.

Take no notice of Carrie. I'm sure you're amazing, probably jealous of you because you're better than her!
I wanted to share more last night but she ended up going off at me about an hour or so after I made my initial post so oops
I don't know if this is maybe too much info to share? If it is I'm sorry and I apologise

I had a crush on said male lead and Carrie knew about it - in my experience, it's kind of common for at least one or two people to develop a crush on someone else in the cast during the run, and it doesn't really make anything awkward since everyone's so close anyway.
Anyway, he and his girlfriend broke up for about a month and we tried out a sort of casual friends with benefits thing which neither of us honestly saw anything wrong with, you know? Just two, single consenting adults doing our thing. We wanted to keep it between us, but of course with the way Carrie is (she'll literally eavesdrop on people in their dressing rooms to make sure they aren't talking shit about her) she found out in like, less than a week. Suddenly she wasn't talking to me as much and became somehow even more clingy with him. She took every opportunity she had to make snarky comments like ''oh my god make sure you're safe though we don't want someone getting pregnant and not being able to do the show'' which didn't make sense at all anyway because that's not how the timeline works at all, and ''think about how upset his girlfriend would be if she found out about this though'', but for all we knew it was going to be the end of their relationship, he had no intentions of getting back with her.
My favourite though, is whenever he came to talk to me or I went to talk to him in each others dressing rooms, she's always peep her head in to make sure we weren't doing anything. Like really, Carrie? We're meant to be getting ready to do a show.
Thinking back on it, I think all the comments she made and her actions were entirely out of jealously that all attention wasn't on her.

I can add too, Olivier was very uncomfortable with how clingy she was getting. They broke up a few times during our run.

Ever since then she became really bitter towards me.

Also thank you lovely! You're very sweet ❤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

24601qwerty

Long rant incoming, sorry!

I have been a fan of Carrie’s for YEARS (back when she was dating Alex Day) and I’m so disappointed to learn just how horrible she really is. I had my suspicions as certain aspects of her personality just don’t sit right with me. She seems very fake and patronising. Almost like her being kind to people is a gift because she’s so much better than them. She’s always been EXTREMELY argumentative with her fans and with just anyone tbh. I remember before she was back in theatre, when she was just doing YouTube, she would constantly reply to negative tweets and comments and it just seems like she always wants to argue with her followers. She seems to have a lot of insecurities and just feels the need to be defensive all the time, even if people aren’t even addressing her or saying anything wrong. And in her mind she probably thinks that’s her having ‘boundaries’ but picking arguments with people and being rude, often for no reason, is just being horrible for the sake of it. She needs to understand that she is making an absolute fool of herself. Back when she was 20, I remember thinking even then how cringey her argumentative interactions were, but now she is a ‘mature’ adult with a proper career and she just makes an absolute idiot of herself. It’s a wonder ALW hired her, she doesn’t have a professional online presence at all. Which other actors do you know who pick arguments with followers all the time? People will stick up for themselves and quite rightly protect their boundaries, but that’s not what she’s doing, she’s just picking fights and WHY? It’s absolutely pathetic. Is she still going to be doing this when she’s 40?? Her brother and Gi don’t do that, she should take a leaf out of their book.

I should also mention that a friend of mine met her twice at stage door. The first time she was apparently really arrogant and fake and just patronising everyone and acting like she was blessing them with her prescience and being all ‘look at me, I’m down to Earth, an actress slumming it with the commoners’. And the second time she spoke to my friend very sharply as my friend waited at stage door for a while (cue another rant about stage door!) and she got a selfie and an autograph and just mentioned ‘I thought I’d missed you, I didn’t know if you were coming out or if you’d already gone’ and Carrie immediately switched to her defensive mode and snappily said ‘Well I just did two shows for you, I don’t have to come out straight away’ which isn’t what my friend was saying. I’ve seen a few of the shows Carrie was in and just happen to always go on a day when she’s busy and not doing stage door and that’s fine, we all get it that we are not entitled to a meet and greet, she’s made that boundary very clear and most people respect that. But she was so bloody rude about it. I think she thinks she’s the future Judi Dench or someone. Like she’s convinced that she’s going to be a future ‘West End Legend’ so she’s already acting like one now. Be HUMBLE, Carrie. We can all see through your little act.

One more thing, it really annoys me that she goes on about how disrespectful it is that actors are seen as ‘low skilled’. Love, I’m a Carer, I’ve been living in at work throughout the entire pandemic and even the government consider me lowskilled. Actors have had it tough throughout this pandemic by losing their work and income but she isn’t one of them because she still makes enough money with her books and videos and sponsorships. She’s so bloody privileged but she still plays that ‘poor little hard-done-by actress’ act. You are not one of the many actors who has had to move out of their homes or had to go back to their old jobs. Stfu.

Also forgot to add, she mentioned a while back in a video that she isn’t as privileged as people think because her mum and dad worked hard in multiple jobs to give her and her brother the opportunities they had. Carrie. That IS your privilege. Your parents may not have been privileged in that aspect, but you were. Not all of us have supportive parents. That is your privilege, Carrie. But she so wants to have this reputation of ‘rags to riches’. She’s privileged af but just doesn’t want to be.

Long rant over. I needed that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
At this rate the next thread should be "Carrie On Bullying"

This is just one more of a dozen reasons why it might really be better for her if Cinderella never gets to open

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm probably being super petty but her comment about buying hardbacks to put on her self for the looks and then buying the paperback to read really annoyed me. I really don't understand middle-class people's obsessions with owning 1000's of books they'll never read to make their houses look pretty. It just feels so wasteful. Books are meant to be read and enjoyed then passed on, not sitting unread on a middle-class persons bookshelf. I'm just sick of privileged influencers like Carrie hoarding books for the ~aesthetics~ when they could go to lower-income people that would love them. (please tell me that this bugs them as well)

Reactions: 25

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
I think most people on here know what happened with me and being blocked by Carrie but if you're new here, I'll explain it again.

I was a huge Carrie fan for a few years. I was slowly loosing interest in her mainly due to her attitude and behaviours in early 2018. However, I still enjoyed her content and would make excellent for her as I liked her still

A friend of mine kindly gifted me a signed copy of her book as I was too ill to attend the signing. I was so over the moon about it, I tweeted and tagged her in a photo expressing my gratitude and was met with silence. I was hurt at the time as she was currently exchanging cross words with someone. Whereas I was ignored.

I won't go into my reasons for disliking Carrie but that didn't help.

Her comments when London went into tier 4 were incredibly insensitive. Everywhere else in the UK has been effected badly with closures of theatres. BUT as soon as her show ended, she was full of rage and snippy comments. Rightly, she was called out saying a lot of theatres have been closed a lot longer than London, she never said a word about that. Only until her precious show was closed. No sympathy toward Oliver who has been out of work for a while.

She had the audacity to complain about loosing her job despite openly stating that she would ignore emails and turn down jobs throughout the first lockdown. Highly insensitive to those, like me, on the frontline, lost their jobs and working from home.

I called her up on it and was blocked. Yet, I was berated by her loyal fans that I was being unfair and mean. (Not being ageist here but a lot were very young, not effected by work at all)

I never said anything nasty, said it exactly how it is. She couldn't even argue with me, just chose the cowardice option and blocked me.

I understand blocking those who harrass you or belittle you but Carrie needs to be held accountable for being the way she is. The fact she gets away with it is shameful. I am hopeful that Cinderella flops because she needs a reality check.

What drew me to Carrie was the down to earth nature and how normal she appeared to be. Come 2017 she's become a victim of her own hype and has turned into a nasty piece of work.

I'm glad she's finally being called out and I hope it continues!

**Sorry for long message!**

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Kitt

VIP Member
I was thinking we could adapt someone’s earlier post:

Over 800 books in her house and she’s always reading Tattle.

Reactions: 24

Chateau Marmont

So, I am a huge fan of theatre - especially musical theatre - and have been for about 20+ years. Despite his recent works not being great, I do consider myself a fan of ALW so I've been following the creation of Cinderella closely and, dudes, I am so confused.

No matter how much I try I cannot:

A. Remotely come close to guessing the plot of this show or the big "twist" it is said to have

B. Figure out in any way who on earth the target audience is supposed to be.

I have never seen a more confusing, half-arsed marketing campaign in my life. Please say it's not just me!

Reactions: 23

harlequinade

While I am absolutely loving this tea, @Anon_moose, please be careful with what you post here - no gossip is worth you risking your career, though I’m so sorry you had to deal with this.

Reactions: 23

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
ALW is on today’s Table Manners talking a bit about Cinderella and I am relishing in Jessie and Lennie clearly not having a clue who Carrie is and ALW also saying he thinks Cinderella will ‘really launch’ her... so not yet as much of a star as she thinks she is!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

thisiscat

Chatty Member
It’s Carrie tweeting without thinking or context again. The girl didn’t tag anyone in her tweet, she was replying to a thread- another person in the conversation had tagged Carrie. It tells you that Carrie spends too much time going through all her mentions on Twitter. I understand wanting to defend the new cast but context is everything! The girl had booked to see the all star cast and her ticket changed 3 times due to covid. She’s not getting any of the all star cast she originally paid to see. I know there is no guarantee of who you see when you book a ticket, but the tickets for the concert were priced because of who was in it. I imagine the prices for the new cast will be dropped significantly because they know people won’t be paying hundreds of pounds for a non all star cast.
Carrie once made a video saying to think before you tweet. She certainly doesn’t listen to her own advice!

Reactions: 20

thisiscat

Chatty Member
Yes I remember some of the girls involved wrote about how she treated them on Tumblr. She sent a nasty text to one of them blaming her and told her not to talk to her ever again. It was a while ago so I can’t remember exactly what was said but I did feel that she was harsh to the victims of Alex Day’s behaviour. I’ve never seen her as a supporter of women tbh. She probably thought they encouraged it or something. People called her out on Twitter and she posted some stuff in her own defence. All her fans seem to have conveniently forgotten about the whole thing now.
I hate to defend Carrie here, but I’m gonna do it anyway. Carrie lashed out in surprise and anger after the whole Alex Day thing came out. She found out her boyfriend slept with other women and one of them she considered a friend. Not knowing the full story of Alex’s coercion she lashed out at a friend that she thought had consensual sex with her boyfriend.
Then Carrie found out that it wasn’t consensual and that Alex had basically raped them. I don’t know anyone who would know how to handle that! And when you consider how young she was when it happened as well, I don’t blame her for how she reacted. When I found out about her meeting up with him after they broke up, I thought it a bit weird, but they had dated for about 5 months, he was cheating on her pretty much the whole time and she probably needed some closure- especially when she probably didn’t know what to believe of what was coming out of the media about it. She obviously needed to hear it from him. Say what you want about Carrie but having a go at her over her reaction to her boyfriend cheating on her and then find out he was manipulating them as well... the whole thing forced her to grow up really quickly when she was what, 22? I didn’t even have my first proper relationship until my mid to late 20s. Carrie did apologise both publicly and privately to the girl she thought her friend. Carrie deserves to move on from Alex.
Can we go back to talking about her hair, which I really hope she doesn't cut again because it’s kinda perfect length right now and what we think is going to happen with Cinderella? X

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
Oh for God sake Carrie, learn to shut up for once.

No wonder her popularity is dwindling. If she's like this online, she's even worse in person.

£98 for a ticket is expensive and they have every right to be upset. It's not a personal attack. Ugh.

Reactions: 19

Ripley Rose Kat

VIP Member
That last story she did... Vile.

As you clearly read here Carrie, let me say this.

It's not boundaries, Carrie. You've crossed a boundary by berating this poor girl.

You don't need to block anyone unless they are harrassing or being cruel to you. What that girl said was NOT worthy of a block. You could have simply ignored it and moved on with your life.

You could have dealt with it privately but you chose to make it public and allow comments.

Don't say it's for mental health or preach about being kind. What is kind about that? You've turned into a bully and some of your fans are the same. It's so sad as I used to think you were lovely and genuine. I sincerely hope you don't get away with this behaviour for much longer. Outrageous.

Reactions: 19