Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 He's behind you! (For evermore)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mentioned I have a quite controlling dad who thinks that, no matter how old I get, he should have the ultimate say in any life decisions I make. Because I don't want to encourage that attitude, he was not asked for approval when I got engaged. But, yeah, Carrie has a much closer relationship with her family so it's understandable she would want to include them in that decision.

With that in mind though I wonder what happened just before the Oliver breakup? Carrie was clearly expecting to be proposed to on their trip in December, if it is important to her that her dad be asked permission surely Oliver would have done that before the holiday if he'd been planning to propose? Wouldn't it be awkward to watch her get all excited when you know he most likely isn't going to ask?
100% it’s everyone’s personal choice and it totally depends on relationship with your parents etc and yes absolutely advocate that no one should HAVE to ask/tell/etc especially in a situation like yours. And I’m sure you’d make it clear to any partner you had that you wouldn’t want that!

my dad was mortified when my brother in law asked his permission and just went “well it’s her decision not mine” so I already knew he didn’t want to be asked his actual permission so told my OH to word it as more of a “this is what I’m gunna do I hope you’ll be happy for us”.

yeah it would be super awkward but then how do you say to her like Carrie hun it ain’t happening 🤣

Reactions: 2
Carrie really loved Oliver. As much as they were clearly doomed she loved him and that's real for her and she deserves to be able to grieve that. I wish she'd slid into someone else's DMs and had a nice rebound fling rather than landing in the crosshairs of a man who had been carrying a torch for her for nearly a decade. I wish Carrie had spent 2022 banging hot acquaintances and going on gals trips and being a #independentwoman posting bikini photos and being over the top but for herself rather than being over the top for this new relationship.

• Heart
Reactions: 100
Why does she do the thing where she has the camera super close to her and has to make her hand gestures all in this tiny space in front of her? Just move the camera further away and gesture normally?
It’s her ridiculous pinchy gesticulating she’s very fond of. Like how she used to wave around a mug of tea when she made tea drinking a major personality trait, before she met Oliver when suddenly she never drank the stuff again

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Carrie really loved Oliver. As much as they were clearly doomed she loved him and that's real for her and she deserves to be able to grieve that. I wish she'd slid into someone else's DMs and had a nice rebound fling rather than landing in the crosshairs of a man who had been carrying a torch for her for nearly a decade. I wish Carrie had spent 2022 banging hot acquaintances and going on gals trips and being a #independentwoman posting bikini photos and being over the top but for herself rather than being over the top for this new relationship.
Wow.

You made me wish I'd been sliding in and out of DMs of men I don't know, banging hot acquaintances that I don't have and posting photos of a body not made for bikinis. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Wow.

You made me wish I'd been sliding in and out of DMs of men I don't know, banging hot acquaintances that I don't have and posting photos of a body not made for bikinis. :ROFLMAO:
I mean, 2023 is right around the corner #liveyourdreams

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Why does she always leave her eyeshadow unblended I wish she’d watch a tutorial 😂
Because she's not like other girls that blend their eyeshadow. 😳

While I understand using eyeshadows during photoshoots and shows to be seen from a distance, I really wish she would skip it in her personal life. Eyeshadow is aging for practically everyone even when beautifully done.
Hers is so poorly done that honestly she looks like the before of the makeover of a middle aged lady. So do her clothes.
images.jpeg

I adore Susan Boyle and she seems like an extremely nice person so I'm sorry to drag her into a Carrie thread. But I think this gives a good idea of how much a person can change with the right look.

Wish some show would offer Carrie a makeover, maybe if it's a freebie she might accept it?

I thought she DID read her own books! I remember her posting about spending days in the recording studio for her book. Maybe it was a different one?
Yes, she read some of them. But not all, this one is read by someone whose voice I don't find particularly pleasant.

I have to admit that I have enjoyed Carrie narrating a specific book, maybe cuz it was not written by her. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 9
Apologies if this has been said before, but I feel Carrie is a Love bomber also! When she starts a new job she has to the known as the kind one buying cakes treats cookies... keeping her fridge and sweets all stocked for people to come and help themselves too, when I used to watch her "watch me wendnesday's" I use to think what a wholesome kind act, now I realise thats exactly what it was an Act 🎬

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Because she's not like other girls that blend their eyeshadow. 😳

While I understand using eyeshadows during photoshoots and shows to be seen from a distance, I really wish she would skip it in her personal life. Eyeshadow is aging for practically everyone even when beautifully done.
Hers is so poorly done that honestly she looks like the before of the makeover of a middle aged lady. So do her clothes.
View attachment 1752104

I adore Susan Boyle and she seems like an extremely nice person so I'm sorry to drag her into a Carrie thread. But I think this gives a good idea of how much a person can change with the right look.

Wish some show would offer Carrie a makeover, maybe if it's a freebie she might accept it?

Yes, she read some of them. But not all, this one is read by someone whose voice I don't find particularly pleasant.

I have to admit that I have enjoyed Carrie narrating a specific book, maybe cuz it was not written by her. 😂😂😂
Susan fits into this thread because she was Joel's ex apparently

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Jolene…Jolene…JOLENE, JOLEEENE! Please could you not say things like that 🎶
Sorry! If it makes you feel any better I about vomited while typing it 🤢🤢 Also I’m howling about this song and my name now 💀😂 I’ll never be able to listen to it the same way again 💀💀😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sorry if this has been mentioned since the live, I've not been able to read everything on the thread recently. I randomly clicked through and saw some of Joel's Instagram highlights recently, I think when everyone was delving into his Facebook posts, or maybe when he added the Mr &Mrs highlight. Anyway there's one called Stagey Stag, which apart from being quite dull (and Joel being rude about a waiter to start with) is clearly inspiration for the proposal theatre tour

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Scott *@awkwardjellyfish* we need you back on this thread!!!

Really weird isn't it that Carrie hasn't be posting/supporting her so called BFF on Instagram in the last few days when he has a Christmas movie coming out on Netflix tomorrow?!?!...
Also Scott was supposed to stay at Carrie's place for a couple of weeks after they got back from WDW but it doesn't look like he is staying there?!?!...

Last edited:
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.