Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 He's behind you! (For evermore)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So they added With this kiss audiobook to my library app, since it's for free I decided to give it a listen when I'm cleaning the house. Only two minutes in, I can say it's so dull and predictable, like all of her books.

The way she pretends mundane things are so special is ridiculous. The main character (Lorelai) loves books and writing and is very proud of her book collection and she finds it fascinating to compare books with their film adaptation since it's such an amazing thing how they decide which dialogues to keep in the movie, which to remove etc. Booooring🥱🥱🥱

Edit to add: I would have also expected such an experienced actress like herself to read her own book, since no one can convey the emotions she wanted to express better than the author.
I thought she DID read her own books! I remember her posting about spending days in the recording studio for her book. Maybe it was a different one?

Reactions: 1
I find it so interesting that it doesn’t appear that any of the Hamilton cast follow their joint account!

Also if my partner asked my parents permission to propose I’d tell him to take a hike 😂 it’s my choice, not theirs. But I keep my parents at an arms length and am not particularly close to them. Likewise when we discussed a wedding the other day I said to my boyfriend I didn’t want either of my parents to walk me down the aisle because of that same reason 🤷🏻‍♀️
Same, my dad is quite controlling and I specifically didn't want him asked - it would just encourage him to feel he has the right to make decisions for me or to have the final say on something that's my choice. I wouldn't tell anyone else not to do it though and Carrie is evidently on much closer terms with her dad than I probably am with mine

Why do they share stories of Tom and Gi on their couples page?
I would guess for attention/clicks and because Tom and Gi are Carrie's role models of the perfect couple. I understand wanting to have a happy, lasting marriage like them but, yeah, they seem to be her standard for a personal timeline and what she "should" be doing in her own life and relationships

Reactions: 3
I would guess for attention/clicks and because Tom and Gi are Carrie's role models of the perfect couple. I understand wanting to have a happy, lasting marriage like them but, yeah, they seem to be her standard for a personal timeline and what she "should" be doing in her own life and relationships
Unfortunately she doesn't even really understand their timeline. They were together for many many years before getting married and having kids, she'd do well to remember that. You shouldn't jump into marriage and kids after only a few months and not only because you don't know the person but because your relationship is not strong enough. You've had no real challenges to see how you handle them.

But she might be stupid enough to see marriage and kids like the end of the road, as in this is how you know your relationship made it and was successful.
For me those two are just the beginning of a long road and there will be many challenges along the way. Marriage and kids are hard work, they're not all fun and games.

But Carrie wants a wedding, not a marriage. It's irrelevant to her whom she marries. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've always thought the loudest feminists are actually chauvinists in skirts. Telling women what to be upset by as if we can't all individually make up our own minds.
Telling as Carrie is a pick me and not like other girls, so it makes sense.

Reactions: 8
Why does she always leave her eyeshadow unblended I wish she’d watch a tutorial 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Because she adopted quirky theater makeup as her own during Addams
She can still have quirky theatre make up and use a blending brush 😂😂 I’m no make up expert but it really niggles me when she’s got this blob of unblended orange on the edge

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Why does she always leave her eyeshadow unblended I wish she’d watch a tutorial 😂
It drives me nuts too. Surely she realizes it just makes her eyes look further apart than they actually are when you only blot eyeshadow on the outer halves of your eyelids?? I never understand why she deliberately makes fashion choices for the sake of being quirky and unique rather than…y’know, looking nice and flattering.

Reactions: 14
Is anyone else cringing at her new reel where she’s in costume and the audio is “my hair is so high and my dress is so low” 🙃

Reactions: 8
24A2F404-1B58-4567-88E5-96D33D7915CE.jpeg

The Face v2

can someone tell me how the proposal happened? I have read all the posts talking about it (something about Joel asking for a favor and she said no? She didn’t want to move from a theater?) but I don’t want to watch the live, so if someone can give me a quick summary?

Reactions: 6
Just before we move on from it all because I know people are getting bored - sorry!

I just wanna say that just because my dad said “we’d be delighted for you both to get married and you join our family officially” doesn’t mean my dad was making my decision for me which is what some seem to think?

like I could still have said no if I wanted to?

he also included his own parents and showed them the ring etc and asked how they felt about me joining their family etc and it’s just lovely to feel love from both sides and know they’d be happy for you?

it’s not as deep as my dad saying “well I’ve said you’ll marry him now so sorry no backsies” 🙄

Carrie is clearly close with her family and it might be something she wanted. Likewise I’d imagine with it being such a quick engagement Joel probably did want to gauge the reaction before he did it because it would be horrible if the families werent happy for you?

sorry I’ll shut up now.

Reactions: 7
can someone tell me how the proposal happened? I have read all the posts talking about it (something about Joel asking for a favor and she said no? She didn’t want to move from a theater?) but I don’t want to watch the live, so if someone can give me a quick summary?
They actually said in the live “that’s for us” so they didn’t share the actual proposal. They only spoke about the build up to it (which I skipped through most of) and the friends and family being there after.

Reactions: 1
Why does she do the thing where she has the camera super close to her and has to make her hand gestures all in this tiny space in front of her? Just move the camera further away and gesture normally?

Reactions: 2
Just before we move on from it all because I know people are getting bored - sorry!

I just wanna say that just because my dad said “we’d be delighted for you both to get married and you join our family officially” doesn’t mean my dad was making my decision for me which is what some seem to think?

like I could still have said no if I wanted to?

he also included his own parents and showed them the ring etc and asked how they felt about me joining their family etc and it’s just lovely to feel love from both sides and know they’d be happy for you?

it’s not as deep as my dad saying “well I’ve said you’ll marry him now so sorry no backsies” 🙄

Carrie is clearly close with her family and it might be something she wanted. Likewise I’d imagine with it being such a quick engagement Joel probably did want to gauge the reaction before he did it because it would be horrible if the families werent happy for you?

sorry I’ll shut up now.
I mentioned I have a quite controlling dad who thinks that, no matter how old I get, he should have the ultimate say in any life decisions I make. Because I don't want to encourage that attitude, he was not asked for approval when I got engaged. But, yeah, Carrie has a much closer relationship with her family so it's understandable she would want to include them in that decision.

With that in mind though I wonder what happened just before the Oliver breakup? Carrie was clearly expecting to be proposed to on their trip in December, if it is important to her that her dad be asked permission surely Oliver would have done that before the holiday if he'd been planning to propose? Wouldn't it be awkward to watch her get all excited when you know he most likely isn't going to ask?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.