Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 He's behind you! (For evermore)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it depends on the relationship you have with your parents, but talking to the parents, getting blessing can be quite sweet (talking as a white British woman). My brother asked my sister in laws parents for their blessing and I cried when I heard what he said to them.
He basically said, ā€˜I love your daughter, I love you and I want to get your blessing to join our families.ā€™ I think it depends on how itā€™s done. My brother has such a close relationship with his in laws, he genuinely loves them as family. I casually asked him on the phone last night why he felt the need to talk to them before he proposed and he said, it was partly to do with how much he loves and respects my sister in law (his wife) and her family and also because he needed their help to get her in the right place at the right time for the proposal. Plus, the now mother in law had been dropping him hints for about a year on how she would help him organise the proposal and he really loved how excited she was about being involved.
Edit- and at the wedding my sister in law had both her parents walk down the aisle with her- there was a special moment during the ceremony where both my parents and her parents stood at the front with them to show the joining of the families- it was really special x
off topic but this is gorgeous šŸ’•

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Whenevr my boyfriend ends up propsosing I 100% want him to do something like take my parents out for a meal etc to ask for their blessing. To me, asking for my parents' blessing is improtant because I see it as the future husband asking if it is ok to officially join my family. I think if he proposes without my parent's permissoin, he's basically inviting himself to be in my parent's family whether they like it or not. He would have already discussed proposing to me with his own parents and they would have agreed that I can join their family, so to me it's only right that he does the same with my family

Reactions: 12
Of course it is. It literally is personal choice. I get so fed up of people being ā€œyouā€™re a bad feminist if you donā€™t do xyzā€ Anyway, not saying any more on this. Iā€™ve made my point.
I know weā€™re ending this convo now, but I actually 100% agree with you, and I think the post you originally responded to agreed as well and was just misconstrued.

Anyway, Iā€™ve found it interesting reading everyoneā€™s different stories of their own experiences on the various traditions.

Reactions: 7
I find it so interesting that it doesnā€™t appear that any of the Hamilton cast follow their joint account!

Also if my partner asked my parents permission to propose Iā€™d tell him to take a hike šŸ˜‚ itā€™s my choice, not theirs. But I keep my parents at an arms length and am not particularly close to them. Likewise when we discussed a wedding the other day I said to my boyfriend I didnā€™t want either of my parents to walk me down the aisle because of that same reason šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
Itā€™s honestly not for you to determine someoneā€™s feminism. As someone upthread said, feminism means allowing women to choose what they want to do and what they believe in. You canā€™t police feminism and it doesnā€™t have an arbitrary list of dos and donts.
It's not for me? I know. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ But it's not for Gisela either then if we wanna be fair.

Since they determined with a huge rant that Carrie is not a feminist because she supports an outdated and anti feminist practice like asking for permission, based on Gisela's logic I determined that Gisela is not a feminist because they support an engagement ring.

You can't have it both ways: either no one judges if someone else is a feminist or not, or we all judge. Does this make sense now?

Edit to add: if we wanna discuss Carrie not being a feminist, let's do it for something like her being jealous and feeling threatened by other women, not having any female friends, needing a man for validation etc. Not something lame like an old custom still kept for respect or sentimental reasons. That's slim pickings.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I thought the sameā€¦Like whatā€™s the point in answering with such a nothing answer lol.

Or just say ā€œWe donā€™t celebrate Thanksgiving but Iā€™m looking forward to X at Christmasā€
An interesting answer would have been tacking on a bit about Thanksgiving dishes you'd like to try. Like I'm fascinated by the concept of a sweet potato and marshmallow casserole served as a side dish - sounds appalling but 100% would try!

Reactions: 23
I've always thought the loudest feminists are actually chauvinists in skirts. Telling women what to be upset by as if we can't all individually make up our own minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1751174

Come on guys, if you want ad deals and freebies you have to try harder than this
And why are they together? Didnā€™t she go back to Canterbury? I get being in love and never wanting to leave the other person but at some point - PERSONAL SPACE! (Or is that just me?)

I thought the sameā€¦Like whatā€™s the point in answering with such a nothing answer lol.

Or just say ā€œWe donā€™t celebrate Thanksgiving but Iā€™m looking forward to X at Christmasā€
Because sheā€™s educating someone who is obviously an idiot. (Or at least that was the feel I got from the answer). For someone who has built her career on talking to fans she still doesnā€™t get it.

Reactions: 5

Because she is our sassy clapback queen and can't restrain herself from telling an adoring fan that they have wrong information

Reactions: 9
So they added With this kiss audiobook to my library app, since it's for free I decided to give it a listen when I'm cleaning the house. Only two minutes in, I can say it's so dull and predictable, like all of her books.

The way she pretends mundane things are so special is ridiculous. The main character (Lorelai) loves books and writing and is very proud of her book collection and she finds it fascinating to compare books with their film adaptation since it's such an amazing thing how they decide which dialogues to keep in the movie, which to remove etc. BooooringšŸ„±šŸ„±šŸ„±

Edit to add: I would have also expected such an experienced actress like herself to read her own book, since no one can convey the emotions she wanted to express better than the author.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Because she is our sassy clapback queen and can't restrain herself from telling an adoring fan that they have wrong information
They could be quite young as well. When I was a kid, I thought everywhere had Bonfire Night šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. A young teenager in the US thinking everywhere has Thanksgiving wouldnā€™t be out of the ordinary

Reactions: 11
My kid has her book Double Trouble. It was so predictable - so much so my 6 year old was able to predict what was going to happen. I was so bored reading it. It was heavily based on Hocus Pocus.

They could be quite young as well. When I was a kid, I thought everywhere had Bonfire Night šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø. A young teenager in the US thinking everywhere has Thanksgiving wouldnā€™t be out of the ordinary
A young teenager! I have been asked by an 18 year old American if we have Thanksgiving and Labor Day.

Why do they share stories of Tom and Gi on their couples page?
To get more followers is my guess. šŸ¤” But I'll admit I don't know much about Instagram so I might be wrong. Also because this way they can actually have real couple's content on their page since theirs is pathetic at best. šŸ™„

Maybe a random question, but is it normal for actors and performers to wear perfume on stage?
I know she gets a perfume (and a new ring?) for each role she has.

I get headaches from strong smells, and I was wondering if it is the norm for performers to wear perfume? It'd annoy me

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.