Carrie Hope Fletcher #45 He's behind you! (For evermore)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning thread title by @Mark81 with 88 likes

Previous thread: https://tattle.life/threads/carrie-hope-fletcher-44-red-the-colour-of-joels-flags.35176/

Recap:

Carrie & Joel did their first Instragram Live on their All Things Montague page
Carrie appeared dead behind the eyes, dis-interested and annoyed by Joel. The two of them kept talking over each other and whilst telling their engagement story they kept going off on tangents so it took them forever.
They obviously get on well but there was no spark or romantic chemistry detected between them.
Joel says they had about 5-6 days' worth of dates in one and have only really spent time together on holiday, in the mornings or the evenings (like most couples!) This makes their engagement seem all the more insane.
They revealed that they got engaged at the Victoria Palace theatre. Joel put in a lot of work and involved a lot of people. It seems Carrie knew he was going to propose and Joel found it difficult to keep it a secret from her. Carrie seemed reluctant to want to tell this story.
They said they want to start a family together.

Carrie is currently in Canterbury to rehearse for panto and seems to travel back to London when she can to spend time with Joel.

EDIT: whoops, how could I forget the tit-show where some troll messaged Carrie saying she and Joel needed to lose weight. Instead of ignoring it, Carrie went off on one (as she does) and posted a rant on her Instagram grid. Joel kept re-posting responses from fans defending them. Lucie Jones also started fighting in Carrie's corner for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
Welcome to the new thread.

This is Joel on his way to Red Flagsville ❤

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
They both as bad as eachother, both of them have been behaving unhinged and need their heads knocked together!

4BB02535-3701-47AC-B0DC-676A1833B7AE.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Two things I'd like to point out: First, Carrie always brands herself as a huge feminist, but Joel mentioned that he asked her parents for permission before proposing to her, because it was the right thing to do or something along these lines. Asking for the parent’s permission before getting engaged to your female partner is like the least feminist thing you can do in my opinion. Why would you ask her parents if you can marry their 29 year old daughter? It dates back to times when women were their father’s property and through marriage, ownership just got transferred to another man, when women were not to be trusted to make their own choices in life. That’s literally the first association I had when hearing that. So like… please explain to me, how it’s the proper thing to ask her parents first in 2022? Tell me how that whole thing is cute and not really, really sexist? She’s an adult, why would he need to ask her parents?

And I mean many couples to things that I find very problematic and toxic. As a society there are a lot of unhealthy patterns we need to unlearn. But Carrie’s brand is “feminist, strong independent woman” and this just doesn’t seem to fit into that at all. If I found out my partner asked my parents if they could marry me I would for sure not marry them. (Also my parents would probably say wtf, you need to ask her, not us, who are you really trying to get married to?) How is that cute? Please make it make sense.

Second thing is Joel posting about the Football World Cup. The World Cup is hosted by Qatar this year and a lot of people are calling for a boycott because there are so many issues with that (6,500 workers dying while building the stadiums, human rights situation in Qatar, especially regarding women and LGBTQ+ people, sooooo much corruption, watch the John Oliver video if you’re interested). It’s one thing to watch it as a fan. It’s another thing to post about it as an influencer. I mean it’s on brand with Carrie working with brands like Nestlé and Harry Potter, but Joel posting about the World Cup just rubs me the wrong way. If you watch it, you could at least be quiet about it.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
This is a post from the last thread, by @cherryblossomlatte :)

Am I the only on who doesn’t get Carrie’s answers about changing her last name? “It means a lot than I will have a different name for my personal life” You mean the only way she can find balance between work and personal life is that one she is married she will have a different name? Man, I guess we latin people will never have that balance because changing our last name after marriage is not a thing here 💔/QUOTE]

Right?? And I think most Southern European countries don't do that either. What about countries like Iceland, where family names don't exist?

I'm surprised she didn't quote word by word the recent interview that Jennifer Lawrence did, where she talked about how she "lost" her name to the public when she became famous age 21. Which was why she didn't have a problem taking her husband's last name. Maybe that's what Carrie was going for, failing as usual.

Reactions: 2
Two things I'd like to point out: First, Carrie always brands herself as a huge feminist, but Joel mentioned that he asked her parents for permission before proposing to her, because it was the right thing to do or something along these lines. Asking for the parent’s permission before getting engaged to your female partner is like the least feminist thing you can do in my opinion. Why would you ask her parents if you can marry their 29 year old daughter? It dates back to times when women were their father’s property and through marriage, ownership just got transferred to another man, when women were not to be trusted to make their own choices in life. That’s literally the first association I had when hearing that. So like… please explain to me, how it’s the proper thing to ask her parents first in 2022? Tell me how that whole thing is cute and not really, really sexist? She’s an adult, why would he need to ask her parents?

And I mean many couples to things that I find very problematic and toxic. As a society there are a lot of unhealthy patterns we need to unlearn. But Carrie’s brand is “feminist, strong independent woman” and this just doesn’t seem to fit into that at all. If I found out my partner asked my parents if they could marry me I would for sure not marry them. (Also my parents would probably say wtf, you need to ask her, not us, who are you really trying to get married to?) How is that cute? Please make it make sense.
I'd say the phrase is outdated. People these days tend to 'ask for your blessing'. To me then, you're saying 'I love your daughter, I want to be her life partner, I hope I'm good enough for her'. It's less about what you gain in terms of a wife/object and more about what you can do to serve her.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I'd say the phrase is outdated. People these days tend to 'ask for your blessing'. To me then, you're saying 'I love your daughter, I want to be her life partner, I hope I'm good enough for her'. It's less about what you gain in terms of a wife/object and more about what you can do to serve her.
But shouldn't you talk that through with your partner and not her parents? How is it any of their business? And if a conversation like that is happening, shouldn't it be between the parents and their daughter and not between the parents and the future son in law? Because every implication I can think of is that the woman is not capable of making that choice on her own.

Reactions: 25
Is it just the way it’s catching the light or has the stone on her engagement ring already been chipped/scratched?
Most likely. Emeralds are a soft stone and not recommended for every day wear. Typically it’s why they aren’t suggested for engagement rings (and yes, diamonds being the go to is just clever marketing but there is truth in it because of their hardness)

Reactions: 18
Just on the recap, when they said they only saw each other on holiday etc (I didn’t hear that as I got bored by that point)…. When I watched it early on they said they saw each other every day since the first date? So what is it??

Reactions: 5
But shouldn't you talk that through with your partner and not her parents? How is it any of their business? And if a conversation like that is happening, shouldn't it be between the parents and their daughter and not between the parents and the future son in law? Because every implication I can think of is that the woman is not capable of making that choice on her own.
she wants a traditional wedding tho! Probs told him to, or they are lying!

I think it’s more of a tradition than a statement. Obviously, they talked about marriage together as a couple but he honored her family by asking her parents. I don’t think it’s a feminist/anti feminist argument. It’s not a matter of her being in an arranged marriage or that she wouldn’t marry him if her parents said no. It’s important to be just as respectful of other people’s traditions as our own opinions.

Reactions: 21
But if you're going to ask her to marry you regardless of whether they give their blessing or not?
And she's going to answer your proposal regardless of what her parents say?
Where's the issue?

It's really not the massive anti-feminist deal you think it is.

If you're going to pull Carrie up on her feminist ideals, start by challenging her on why she's so threatened by female colleagues and friends. Ask her why her female friends are never really around or why she doesn't seem to have any female friends for very long.

Pull her up on why her relationships always seem to be about what the guy can do for her and how that energy never seems to be reciprocated from her side of things.

Everybody here knows she's a tit virtue signaller.

Reactions: 21
I just wanted to share this answer again so it doesn’t get lost changing threads. Why is Carrie acting like having a professional and personal surname is like having two entirely different personas?? ‘Very lucky to have the option to have the best of both worlds’—it’s literally just a name, love. Why is she acting like it’s some massive unique privilege??What on earth are you on about here??

AB334844-2E16-4F93-A927-E1431F6A5253.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I caught up on their live.

So she never FaceTimes but when they reconnected they FaceTimed and ended up talking for hours then carried on messaging each other a few days until she finally got frustrated and demanded of him ‘are you going to ask me out or what’?!

At that point he probably didn’t think he stood a chance so then when she said ASK ME OUT he probably couldn’t believe his luck! But she was obviously desperate and just picked him so she could say she had a boyfriend again.

Found it interesting she said the other people she was with never made it known they wanted kids with her. Then Joel saying that they’re different because they talk about everything makes it sound like she never knew where she was with say Oliver as he never told her what he wanted (in 5 years!).

Tbh, I feel like it’s role reversal and Joel is her while dating Oliver and she’s Oliver just ‘settling’!

I did think he didn’t seem as bad as I had thought him and he is clearly besotted but they seemed more like good friends. There was no chemistry.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
I just wanted to share this answer again so it doesn’t get lost changing threads. Why is Carrie acting like having a professional and personal surname is like having two entirely different personas?? ‘Very lucky to have the option to have the best of both worlds’—it’s literally just a name, love. Why is she acting like it’s some massive unique privilege??What on earth are you on about here??

View attachment 1749620
Thank you for reposting this! I thought her response was a bit odd but I couldn't remember if I was making it up 😅

You can be an "independent individual" even when you're married, no? Why does she have to be known as Fletcher when she's "off doing all the things I do"

Does she only want to be known as Montague when she's at home?

Why couldn't she just say she wants to remain Fletcher professionally because she has built a career based on that name 🤷‍♀️🫣

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.