Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sponfused

VIP Member
Well another one bites the dust! Emma started the week declaring that she would be using her platform to discuss the “heavier issues” and ended it by tapping out when it all got too hard. I agree that these people are only human and will make mistakes and I have always thought that most of them are grossly undeserving of their reach and influence. I think they are the ones who have tried to pretend they are something they are not and I believe Emma is particularly guilty of this. The whole “in 2014 I sat on my bed in pjs and bought a domain name not knowing that I would always have to say the right thing” is a crock of shit. It is no accident that she ended up with the amount of followers she has, I’m sure she even wrote a blog about how to become a successful influencer by spamming brands. Did it say anything about befriending a hugely popular YouTuber and leaching off their success for as a long as possible? Because that sure worked pretty well for her. She wants to act like she is doing us a huge favour by sharing her life and exploiting her kids when in reality, she is clinging onto every view and like she gets because it allows her to go on “once in a lifetime” holidays, 4 times a year. Her social media following has afforded her opportunities, like book deals, with very little hard work or actual talent. When she started out, her unique selling point was that she was just like us, but at some point that changed and she decided she was better than that. All of a sudden she was a big success and it was because she was deserving of it. She didn’t have to engage in normal conversations or be exposed to negative comments or differences of opinion. She created an echo chamber for herself and completely lost touch with reality. And now she is actually shocked that she would be held accountable for the things she says and does? What a joke. I think they all need to get honest with themselves and acknowledge that they are only qualified to influence people on what frozen food to purchase in their weekly grocery shop. They are nothing more than glorified salespeople and should be trusted as such.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43

MrsBriggs

VIP Member
Oh my God, this is fascinating! Can you see her ‘hilarious’ garden dance routines from your house? You know - the ones where she’s CRAZY and WACKY and just SO. MUCH. FUN. I mean, how do you ever get anything done?! 🤷🏻‍♀️🤣

‘Mum! When’s dinner ready?!’

‘NOT NOW! Brummy Mummy’s throwing shapes in a strapless sundress! Stick some bread in the toaster!’
Unfortunately not. Their house is fitted with an Anti-Briggs security system. If I go within 2 metres of it a sensor is triggered & bab’s Moana Rap starts blaring, full volume, from a speaker. It’s immediately followed by a length of lethal bunting which snakes its way towards me, wrapping itself around my neck. While I’m struggling to remove it, I’m bombarded by plastic storage boxes being flung from a large catapult type structure.
All said & done, it’s really not worth the hassle 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Memmy

VIP Member
Babs is so far removed from reality there is nothing about her content that is influential. Her content is just The Babs Show and as she has little to offer in the way of imagination, smarts, good conversation, useful advice....all we've been getting is drunk tik toks, things her husband paid for and did for her content, self pity about how restrictions affect her and more recently some lucid attempt at making women feel 'body confident'.

I have never seen her this self absorbed and have so little self awareness about how she is coming across or understanding of a situation in general. She has been so privileged to have had a garden, be working from home, still employed, has no body close to her who is sick, yet all she can do is act like she's had the worst time of us all. I think she tries to seem sympathetic and understanding, or at least she hopes to come across that way to her followers with a little word now and again, but my goodness it sounds forced, fake and insincere. She sounds like a smug, patronising woman with a token sympathy word so she doesn't seem totally void of concern for others, but we see right through her.

For somebody that hasn't wanted to keep up with the news she certainly talks about it a lot regardless of being uninformed. She uses her audience to gather information from that will benefit her, like a type of therapy. She has no true empathy or concern or understanding of others and their much much worse experiences. She's totally forgotten that this hasn't been a punishment, lockdown isn't the issue here, the issue is a deadly virus killing thousands and thousands across the world.

She has been the worst example of how to look after your mental health during this time. She can't manage her anxiety or stress so she makes her husband do it but then queries his ability. She's obviously been drinking A LOT of alcohol which has probably made her more depressed. She's been using her followers to make decisions for her. She seems to resent her children for being home, especially one who doesn't want to wear a mask at WDW so that's why they've cancelled the trip. Everything is about her suffering because she is the golden victim, she's never wrong, never shows humility and she's so unhealthy and lethargic. I just watch her at this point for a bit of a laugh on here but during lockdown she has really annoyed me a bit too much. I think her true colours shone the last few months and to be blunt I think she's a nasty selfish bitch

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Good Egg

VIP Member
I used to be a fan. I loved her vlogs back in the day. I suffer from anxiety and OCD. Some days I couldn’t get out of bed. Watching her holiday vlogs and day trips encouraged me to do those things...
One day - I replied quite honestly about how she’s lucky to have Stephen to help her and have the luxury of working from home as I’m a single mum... there were a few comments after mine. Mine got deleted and I was muted for a few days? I didn’t know what I had done wrong? We are all women together raising each other up right?? That was the lightbulb 💡 moment.
These ‘people’ are not your friends. The sales patter is to act relatable but that’s what it is money making and deal breaking. No more no less...
Narcissistic

Reactions: 31

bedtimereader

Chatty Member
Why do all these comments have to be posted over some selfie pulling a grimace type face

"What have I done when I have PMS? I know I've thrown a plate at the wall. Hahahahaha!!" WTAF.
While I'm on a rant 🤣, Emma when you read this - the ship has sailed when it comes to saying 'in 2013 I sat on my bed and bought a domain...' in some humble way as if that excuses upsetting people and mis-educating your audience. You have strategically and purposefully built up that 110k following and the drum you bang to brands when you approach them directly is very different isn't it with your 'award winning vlogger' titles and you're more than happy to take thousands of pounds from them per advert. You are not a mum sitting on her bed buying a domain now, you are a business owner with 7 years experience behind her. No other profession allows people to go "when I entered training school on day 1..." This is exactly where you wanted to be but it's a whole package and you can't just have the nice bits. If you did it properly you wouldn't even have the bad bits. Just grow up ffs. You're only taking a break until all the 'grown up talk' dies down as it's all a bit too much like hard work at the moment isn't it yet you charge brands well over £5k per you tube video, presumably because you class yourself as an expert at this game.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

GildedButterfly

So she literally just said

“If you’re in a country where you still can’t see people then my heart goes out to you. I feel so very very happy.”

How is that sincere? It’s like saying

“If you can’t afford to eat this then my heart goes out to you. I can’t wait to order takeout.”

Shove your fake empathy up your arse Babs.

Reactions: 30

bsw123

VIP Member
Surely there’s only a number of times a 42 year old woman can KEEP crying to her husband about “trolls” on the internet. If it apparently did ruin Christmas, ruin their New York holiday, she claims she’s had to go to therapy because of social media and trolls. If I was stephen I would tell her to fucking come off it for good once and for all!!!!!

Reactions: 29
On the topic of lockdown lifting, just because you can see people, doesn’t mean you have to! She doesn’t immediately have to see everyone she knows, but I bet she will.

Just like speeding, the law is a limit, not a target!

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Nadurath

VIP Member
“If you’re shielding blah blah you have rock hard resolve”

Is she fucking simple? Shielding is the only way to stay safe because of pricks like her just swanning about on walks with more random friend and family than enough. Every instastory confirms she is a grade A twat nugget.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

MrsBriggs

VIP Member
Right, so she’s one of these so-called ‘influencers’ - a person who supposedly has the knowledge, the experience &, most importantly, the intelligence to guide, inform & enlighten people.
If she must persist in giving her views on the pandemic, she needs to watch the news & read the papers! She has absolutely no idea what she’s talking about - in fact, I’d bet money that Erin understands more than she does.
She’s just spouting out half cocked ideas that have been sensitively explained to her by Stephen while he’s in the middle of bathing the kids, mowing the lawn & cooking beige dinners.
This whole situation is totally out of her depth & she’s just digging herself a bigger, more embarrassing super sized hole, day by day.
I reckon it’s time Paul stepped in & had a little word - obviously a nice word or she’ll be back in that goddam shower......

• Heart
Reactions: 26

MeeeYOW!

Thread idea...

So much bread, cant take a dump - bore off Emma you big thick flump.

💁‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

MrsBriggs

VIP Member
If that woman doesn’t visit Primark when it opens, I’ll eat my Take That t-shirt & my Steps joggers!

• Haha
  • Heart

Ellen

Chatty Member
I’ve had to unfollow her now. I realised how much better I feel not watching her stories on Instagram and I also can’t get over the ‘not like us comment’ as a person of colour I can’t let that go and she won’t acknowledge or learn from it.

• Heart
  • Wow

OhhBacon

VIP Member
I do believe it is the beginning of the end.
.She's lazy and weak minded. She doesn't have an opinion worth listening to. She's not an influencer, she's an attention seeker and she should alter her job title to the latter.
This☝.
She is utterly insipid, with no educated understanding of what is going on in the world.

She is the epitome of white privelege, she has a safe family and income. ’Works’ from home and is a qualified teacher, who has been called to educate her two children who are both at an age where they can work independently.

She has a home office and the weather has been lovely so they can enjoy their garden or going for daily walks. Her husband shops and helps around the home.

But what has she done...MOANED pretty much the whole time.

Interestingly as a mum who has released a book (use that term loosely) during lockdown I find it interesting that she hasn’t supported the other mum who has released a book this week during lockdown. (Candice Braithwaite)

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Disney101

She is just one of the fakest influencers I have seen, and I have actually seen her in real life.

A few years ago she came to my town to advertise the shopping centre. She fell over on a piece of food a toddler had just dropped on the floor of Boots and she literally had an argument with this lady how she should be telling her child off and that she gets paid to travel the world etc. She then stormed out of Boots with a member of staff following her apologising and asking how she could help and she just kept saying she was leaving and couldn’t wait to get out of this shit place. Then posted on social media that they had a great day blah blah blah 😑.

I don’t believe have the stuff she says, everything is scripted.

• Wow
  • Angry

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Emma is so privileged she is making a global pandemic AND a global civil rights movement about herself. Get your head out your ass Emma and see the real world, why the fuck are you struggling because other people fucked up? Say you condemn them and issue and apology for supporting them previously, move on. Stop trying to bring yourself into this. Next thing she'll be using the dreaded poorly word for how 'trolls' made her feel.

How her family allow her to continue this shit show is beyond me, the money and freebees cant be worth her ruining multiple events and having multiple meltdowns (and yes it is HER who ruins them, not trolls as she would have the minions believe)

• Heart