Brummy Mummy #21 Pandemic Pimms with a splash of Plagiarism thrown in

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We've all worked with Disney! Does she think that's special ?! She's tried so hard to intimidate people into not leaving any kind of critical comment. She's a weird kind of bully. She probably thinks that we're all bullies but were just people that wanted to have a conversation and she told us we weren't worthy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
We've all worked with Disney! Does she think that's special ?! She's tried so hard to intimidate people into not leaving any kind of critical comment. She's a weird kind of bully. She probably thinks that we're all bullies but were just people that wanted to have a conversation and she told us we weren't worthy.
I just find her to be pretty cold with her audience. She can barely muster up an emoji in reply to follower’s long and heartfelt comments and she doesn’t even check her DMs. I don’t she gets that engagement is a two way street, and the negative engagement is just as important as all of the positive engagement.

People like Katie Ellison might come across as sickly sweet, but I really think that is how you have to be. They are salespeople after all and the people engaging on their posts and watching their videos are their customers. She doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to validate and connect with those people. Again, she seems to think she is above it.

But Emma takes it one step further by replying to people passively aggressively and sometimes just outright aggressively. She thinks she is coming across as a really chill person when she pops me an obligatory “x” at the end of a snarky comment, but it actually makes her look childish and unprofessional. She appears to have a chip on her shoulder but ai honestly wonder if that is just her personality.

Responding to complaints, criticism and comments that are anything less than kissing her ass, in a respectful and professional way, could actually improve her image. I’ve seen lots of people have to deal with uncomfortable conversations in their comment section this week. I have a much higher opinion of those that kept the comments up and participated in the conversation that they started when they chose to post using the black lives matter and black out Tuesday hashtags.

I think she needs to reconsider her business plan if/when she returns. There is a reason why she has 21 threads on here while many other influencers with a lot more followers i.e bestie turned arch nemesis Louise, have only racked up a few threads. Surely she must ask herself why? Perhaps rather than casting us all off us trolls, she should take some time to read over the advice on her many threads with an open mind.

Reactions: 17
I used to be a fan. I loved her vlogs back in the day. I suffer from anxiety and OCD. Some days I couldn’t get out of bed. Watching her holiday vlogs and day trips encouraged me to do those things...
One day - I replied quite honestly about how she’s lucky to have Stephen to help her and have the luxury of working from home as I’m a single mum... there were a few comments after mine. Mine got deleted and I was muted for a few days? I didn’t know what I had done wrong? We are all women together raising each other up right?? That was the lightbulb 💡 moment.
These ‘people’ are not your friends. The sales patter is to act relatable but that’s what it is money making and deal breaking. No more no less...
Narcissistic

Reactions: 31
There’s a post on Mumsnet chat about susie j correlation? Nit sure if that’s the correct name as I’ve never followed her, but brummymummyof2 has been mentioned a good few times as have others! Finally I think people are coming to their sense to see how unrelatable and nasty these so called influencers are!

Sorry for typos should be virall?

Reactions: 6
Well, her Disneyland Paris trip with Nanny San and the perfect child was Castle Club at the Disneyland Hotel which for a weekend, without a view of the castle will set you back about £6,000. Even if Disney didn't pay for her trip to WDW (though I'm certain she said they got in touch and gave her some extra freebies - probably additional fastpasses etc), they've helped her brand so she can say she's "worked with Disney" which will have brought in more #ads. Course, she's still just on her part-time teachers wage :rolleyes:
Yeah something about DLP does ring a bell, I thought that afterwards..... not sure if that one might have been gifted or something. WDW definitely wasn't, although that's not to say they didnt give her some extra "magic" like FP's as you said, or food etc,,,,??? She said she never discloses where they stay until afterward they are home 🙄 Like she's going to get bothered by people. She was Insta storying Disney World everyday with not a single #ad or #gifted. I doubt she'd get away with that if they'd paid for it, or paid her to advertise it.

Reactions: 4
I just find her to be pretty cold with her audience. She can barely muster up an emoji in reply to follower’s long and heartfelt comments and she doesn’t even check her DMs. I don’t she gets that engagement is a two way street, and the negative engagement is just as important as all of the positive engagement.

People like Katie Ellison might come across as sickly sweet, but I really think that is how you have to be. They are salespeople after all and the people engaging on their posts and watching their videos are their customers. She doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to validate and connect with those people. Again, she seems to think she is above it.

But Emma takes it one step further by replying to people passively aggressively and sometimes just outright aggressively. She thinks she is coming across as a really chill person when she pops me an obligatory “x” at the end of a snarky comment, but it actually makes her look childish and unprofessional. She appears to have a chip on her shoulder but ai honestly wonder if that is just her personality.

Responding to complaints, criticism and comments that are anything less than kissing her ass, in a respectful and professional way, could actually improve her image. I’ve seen lots of people have to deal with uncomfortable conversations in their comment section this week. I have a much higher opinion of those that kept the comments up and participated in the conversation that they started when they chose to post using the black lives matter and black out Tuesday hashtags.

I think she needs to reconsider her business plan if/when she returns. There is a reason why she has 21 threads on here while many other influencers with a lot more followers i.e bestie turned arch nemesis Louise, have only racked up a few threads. Surely she must ask herself why? Perhaps rather than casting us all off us trolls, she should take some time to read over the advice on her many threads with an open mind.
I agree completely. I replied to a post when her nan died about my own nan passing recently, and saying I was so sorry...nothing. I don’t think she engages well with her audience at all, bar the occasional Emoji here and there.

As for the poetry, I read one of the poems she posted on YouTube out to my husband and he was baffled that anyone would pay money to read ‘poems’ like that. I’m miffed as to why publishers approach people to write a book, based only on the fact they have an online presence, and think it’ll equate to something half decent.

It’s the kind of thing someone would keep in their downstairs loo. I imagine it might prove handy if you run out of toilet paper. Perhaps that’s why it sold any copies at all during lockdown. We all know how hard it was to obtain a bumper size pack of Andrex.

I consoled myself with the fact she is an ex-R.E teacher and not an English one. I don’t remember the likes of Keats or Wordsworth writing about their wobbly bums or tummies - unless that was the A Level English lesson I missed for a driving lesson 🤷🏻‍♀️

PS I really, really like Katie Ellison. She engages well with her audience and is a lesson to a lot of YouTubers who want to build up an audience without really putting in any effort.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes! This!! I've never quite fully put my finger on it but you're right - it's the desperation to try and be liked and loved by everyone with not a critical word towards her. And that's not normal in any job! If this is her job,,,, which she constantly claims it is (I mean who could forget the crappy pay day Boots shopping haul where she treats herself to some tampons and some hairspray 🙄)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Also, I can watch a lot of mindless old tosh on YouTube along with the best of ‘em, but the setting up of a hot chocolate ‘station’ was a new even low for me. As for the segment on the mug collection. Those Calm-type apps that have sleep stories read by the likes of Stephen Fry should just chuck that one in there. Even the worse insomniacs would be a goner in under a minute.

Kids: this is what you call being a ‘content creator’. If you work really, really hard in school, you too could be one day discussing peppermint candy canes and Lilo & Stitch mugs in front of a virtual audience of 110k+ people.

• Haha
I used to be a fan. I loved her vlogs back in the day. I suffer from anxiety and OCD. Some days I couldn’t get out of bed. Watching her holiday vlogs and day trips encouraged me to do those things...
One day - I replied quite honestly about how she’s lucky to have Stephen to help her and have the luxury of working from home as I’m a single mum... there were a few comments after mine. Mine got deleted and I was muted for a few days? I didn’t know what I had done wrong? We are all women together raising each other up right?? That was the lightbulb 💡 moment.
These ‘people’ are not your friends. The sales patter is to act relatable but that’s what it is money making and deal breaking. No more no less...
Narcissistic
When you have no discernible talent, I think that you have to be quite narcissistic to want to be an influencer, and to think that strangers on the internet want to watch your life. I can't imagine feeling like I'm so good at make up, or parenting, or gaming or whatever to want to share it with the world. Does that make sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In a blog post from 2018 she wrote this about moderating comments!

Moderate
I moderate all my comments on YouTube. It is dead easy to do. I have put every awful word you can think of in and they can't get through to the live page. I can just delete them. I would block any ar*ehole on your social media that makes you feel anything less than great. Sure people can leave different opinions in a polite manner but if it's not polite and makes you feel sad? Block them and move on. You are in charge of your own social media. They don't have an entitlement to be mean. If there are comments that damage your 'brand' you have a right to get in touch with whoever shared it and ask them to moderate them. Do it in a professional way and they will happily remove or respond to a few.
I think this is one of the things that winds me up about her. She's thoroughly disingenuous "oh I'm just a normal mum with my happy corner of the internet!" yet she's clearly calculating in curating her brand (although not clever enough to do it well - is that the worst mix, sly AND stupid?).

She's ALL about the ads and her brand. That's why she can't handle anything which isn't fawning or which requires her to exercise independent, critical thought.

Exactly this. I have never commented on any other "influencer" on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
When you have no discernible talent, I think that you have to be quite narcissistic to want to be an influencer, and to think that strangers on the internet want to watch your life. I can't imagine feeling like I'm so good at make up, or parenting, or gaming or whatever to want to share it with the world. Does that make sense?
Whenever I’m watching any of the YouTubers I follow, my husband thinks it’s the strangest thing ever. He doesn’t understand why anyone would be interested in watching someone cleaning or showing you their weekly food shop! When you think about it, it IS a strange way to make a living but then I do enjoy watching some of them (despite my better judgement!), so I suppose as long as YouTubers etc have an audience, they’ll continue to share their lives online.

I am definitely too thin-skinned, sensitive and dull to even contemplate for a second putting my life ‘out there’.

But then I realise these character traits haven’t stopped others from making a career of it...

Reactions: 5
What’s happened to her ‘glamorous assistant’? Couldn’t she take the reins for a week & be Em’s ghostwriter - it might be a refreshing change, although I guess we’d ‘notise. the. lack of spelling. and punktuashun. misstakes.....’
Perhaps she’s been furloughed - down to £50 a month & only one packet of complimentary Blue Riband. ☹😢

• Haha
Constructive feedback/challenging a viewpoint/disagreeing isn’t ‘being mean’.

If an actor appears in a film and a review in the Guardian, for example, says it was excellent, but then the next film they appear in is criticised by that same paper, that’s not ‘being mean’. You’re in a position, which by its very nature, is going to be critiqued. If you expect, as an actor, a cinema-goer to buy a ticket to your film, but they see it and decide they don’t like it, they’re allowed to be disappointed.

If, as an online ‘content creator’, you produce content your audience doesn’t like, similarly, they’re allowed to be disappointed. It is not a case of, only positive feedback allowed.

I’m sure actors with Instagram accounts get countless comments that touch a nerve. But I can’t imagine the likes of, say, Margot Robbie, blocking and deleting every single negative comment she receives. Or posting about what a hard time she’s having as a result of the comments.

Isn’t that the nature of the beast? People own a part of you in order for you to, in essence, pay their wages?

I guess the difference is, most actors have become accustomed to critical comments and rejection from the get-go. It’s par for the course. So when they see it online, they either ignore and let it go over their head OR they do what other actors like Scarlett Johannsen and Brad Pitt do and don’t have a social media presence. Crazy, I know.

Actors often say they’re insecure. Their ‘love me, love me’ personalities mean they can crave attention - hence pushing themselves into the limelight for the adulation it brings.

In the case of (many, if not all) online ‘influencers’, I think that’s also probably true. For plain old Sue from Wolverhampton, who’s found she can reveal the contents of this week’s Tesco shop and have complete strangers interact with her as a result of the squash she’s ordered, or do some zany dances in her garden and have them say she’s ‘hilarious’, that feels good.

SO good, it’s addictive.

But the actors/footballers/singers etc who receive less than favourable feedback online - or even just feedback that touches a nerve - can reassure themselves with the knowledge that, if they decide to just quit the online world, they have a career separate from it that pays their wages. They’re successful aside from their grid. They can still act, play football, sing etc without YouTube or Instagram.

Which is where the ‘influencers’ come unstuck rather.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What’s happened to her ‘glamorous assistant’? Couldn’t she take the reins for a week & be Em’s ghostwriter - it might be a refreshing change, although I guess we’d ‘notise. the. lack of spelling. and punktuashun. misstakes.....’
Perhaps she’s been furloughed - down to £50 a month & only one packet of complimentary Blue Riband. ☹😢
You joke about furlough, but if shes an employee of her company she could be on furlough, the timing is just before they cut off furlough being allowed for the first time! She could be getting 80% from the govt and topping it up - if shes gone for 3 weeks ill be suspicious

Babs, all the talentless are uploading poundland haul videos, why aren't you joining in?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
You joke about furlough, but if shes an employee of her company she could be on furlough, the timing is just before they cut off furlough being allowed for the first time! She could be getting 80% from the govt and topping it up - if shes gone for 3 weeks ill be suspicious
That'll only be 80% of her standard pay though, which as a limited company she'll be paying herself just below the threshold for paying tax. So her furlough payment would be about £575. Furlough doesn't take into account any director payments to herself.

But, what she can apply for is a bounceback loan. It would entitle her to get a loan for up to 25% of her business income from the last year as a loan which doesn't start paying back until 12 months time and even then has a ridiculously low APR. If we assume she makes £5k per advert, plus the book revenue, YT revenue etc and take a conservative guess at £10k a month income she'd be getting a £30k cash injection which would certainly help pay for holidays next year until the #ad revenues return.

Reactions: 1
If the press got wind of her racism do you reckon she could be dropped by her publishers??

That'll only be 80% of her standard pay though, which as a limited company she'll be paying herself just below the threshold for paying tax. So her furlough payment would be about £575. Furlough doesn't take into account any director payments to herself.

But, what she can apply for is a bounceback loan. It would entitle her to get a loan for up to 25% of her business income from the last year as a loan which doesn't start paying back until 12 months time and even then has a ridiculously low APR. If we assume she makes £5k per advert, plus the book revenue, YT revenue etc and take a conservative guess at £10k a month income she'd be getting a £30k cash injection which would certainly help pay for holidays next year until the #ad revenues return.
Not sure if this furlough is for the assistant or for Babs. I’d assumed Babs and most of the other influencers are self-employed so they would have been eligible for a government grant of up to £7000 I think. Not 100% sure as I got my info from Martin Lewis and he talks so fast. But, I’d be fuming if Brummy Mummy got this because she’s kept on working throughout the pandemic. It hasn’t affected her income at all, what with all the crap #Ads.

Reactions: 4
If the press got wind of her racism do you reckon she could be dropped by her publishers??
She was probably dropped as soon as the pamphlet didn’t become a bestseller!

I find it amusing that she originally pitched an idea of a novel she had but it didn’t work out so they went with the limericks! I think it shows how desperate for a publishing deal she was that she let them talk her into writing limericks! I would have felt embarrassed putting my name to that!

Also find it annoying she’s implying it didn’t do well as it came out during the pandemic. Is she forgetting the months of pre order begs hoping to get the bestseller tag?

• Haha
Not sure if this furlough is for the assistant or for Babs. I’d assumed Babs and most of the other influencers are self-employed so they would have been eligible for a government grant of up to £7000 I think. Not 100% sure as I got my info from Martin Lewis and he talks so fast. But, I’d be fuming if Brummy Mummy got this because she’s kept on working throughout the pandemic. It hasn’t affected her income at all, what with all the crap #Ads.
She's operating as a limited company not self-employed, which is far more lucrative for her in terms of expenses etc.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.