Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

snarkvark

VIP Member
she says it's a hobby but it's not is it? it's work because she directy benefits from vlogging. she keeps saying it's "not her job" but what is? posting photos on instagram? how is that any different? her videos on youtube are just as dull and vacuous. she's an infuencer. instagramming, vlogging - it's all the same thing and part of the same job. if she thinks we don't know that she gets paid to include brands in her vlogs, then she thinks we're idiots. brands will like that she vlogs and it will be a selling point for BB to get brands to work with her. she's also back peddling in regards to "over sharing." I think she deeply regrets sharing her relationship situation. she also realises that she can package certain vlogs as content for subscribers. and no BB you don't have to monetise your hobby just so you can do it more! she's just finding reasons to justify charging people for filming 40 minute BORING AF vlogs.

Reactions: 18

snarkvark

VIP Member
Just watched her hair tutorial reel. Still amazes how much time and effort she puts into making it look like she didn't put any effort in at all, which I suppose is her overall aesthetic.
you've just nailed what it is that infuriates me about her.

BB is all about looking "effortless" and "chic" yet in order to achieve that she has to put in so much effort! everything is forced and posed and never ever natural, even though she tries to make it look natural. it's all fake. and she thinks she's super cool because of it.... but I Just find the whole thing so cringy! there's literally nothing less cool about all that effort.

it's like when vloggers put the camera down to film themselves walking by. all I can think about is how they had to put the camera there, check the shot was right, walk away from the camera, walk passed it, and then run back to grab the camera. it's so unbelievably cringy!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
oh no a new video. watched it. feeling :sick:

- why do a sponsored video when you can't even be bothered to memorise the discount code you're giving out based on your partnership with a website?
- lmao brittany calls herself "thick-skinned".
- i also didn't see any "misogynistic" comments from last time but what I DO see is a pattern of cis-white-upper-class-able-bodied women (yes, i said it again) deflecting the very valid criticisms they get and turning the criticisms into "misogyny". This is literally what women like BB do when they are asked to be accountable, when they are criticised for catering for only one type of person, and are just really average in what they do but cannot take any sort of feedback. BB is so predictable and thin skinned. tired of her nonsense and her unflattering fashion choices that only highlight how thin she is.

summary: is this fashion or is she just skinny and able to afford £500 trousers from the row????

Last edited:
  • Heart

occides

the fact that she got a job makes me like her again. i'm so ready for the influencer era to be over

brerwhabbit

Brace yourselves for

"It's been so long hasn't it, oh sorry the battery died, well not really that long, in reality, I've only been gone 5 years, I feel like I'm apologizing when there is no need for apology as I'm mentally ill, oops, that's the doorbell, I'm going to start really working hard, releasing things daily, sign up now, wait, don't leave, there's more, if you call today, you will also get to witness me not following through on anything for free..."

• Haha

Readinginks

VIP Member
hrm, so BJ can sip champagne and have multiple parties during hight of the worst wave and strictest rules yet vlogger gets blasted for taking mask off while filming…. i am bit confused why so many are ao irrtated and annoyed by her yet keep following and watching? simply unfollow and carry on?
I’m sure if this was a BJ thread (lol) most of us would’ve criticised his many Christmas parties. What makes you think that just because we have a despicable clown in No 10, BB, other influencers or really anyone else is exempt from these rules or criticism for not following them?

Last edited:
  • Heart

brerwhabbit

Sorry but I really don't see it. Maybe I just can't get past the condom/gnome hat.
Complete with the "reservoir" tip. Oh dear, conversation spiral downfall :ROFLMAO:

To be fair to Dean - countering the unsavory but yet, apparently, must be blurted out by me comment - he works so freaking hard! Doing that floor with 3 coats of stuff on his hands and knees (mind out of the gutter RLY, put the whip down my love ;)) and prepping it all before hand with a wire brush and chisel - sanding down all the bad bits. It looks back breaking. Just watching it makes me tired.

I imagine BB eating pastries and drinking matcha on a cloud-shaped cushion suspended by cables that Dean has engineered to lever her up and down to adjust her view, pointing at bits he missed.

His work ethic is enough for the two of them. How fortunate she is.

That house is so much more INTERESTING (I'm not a fan of everything but it's got personality) than the flat. Hands down. Credit Dean, proper respect 🙌

Last edited:
  • Haha

snarkvark

VIP Member
i wonder how long these influencers can last. with the cost of living skyrocketing in the uk, i can't see people having the patience for entitled privileged white women swanning about on press trips wearing expensive clothes they didn't pay for, shilling for brands. i'm already fed up of it. it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth.

at 23:49 of BBs latest vlog she says something like "last week barcelona, this week france. what even is my life right now?" right after a shot of an expensive bad in an expensive car. it's sickening how poor taste this is and how totally oblivious bb is to the way she comes across.

spicemlng

I am somewhat suspicious that things are not going well with her and Dean but maybe not

Also she is full of shit about why she would do patreon (e.g., for it to be “collaborative”) and being open to criticism. She said it would be so great for her viewers to not have to watch adverts but misses the fact that it would cost viewers money and most would rather skip ads than pay.

Last edited:

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
It’s less expensive for the gallery to hire her as a marketing employee than to pay her as an influencer. But they are leveraging her as an influencer all the same. Less financially lucrative for Brittany but it’s good for the CV and good insider knowledge, she also gains legitimacy, industry contacts etc. Not to mention the structure being good for her mental health. Definitely a stepping stone to a bigger prize she will have her eye on.
All in all it’s an interesting quid pro quo arrangement.

Reactions: 16

brerwhabbit

Not to belabor the tabi purchases (2 pairs) but I think it's hilarious that she's unsure about the socks and now on "the hunt" for some that will work. If she knew anything about Margiela, she would know these shoes have been around for 30 years and were BASED ON THE TABI SOCK which is ubiquitous in Japan. That's something Margiela is known for, subverting classics in a different form. Taking the sock and making a shoe form, playing with function. That's partially what makes them interesting. They hardly need to make socks for this shoe - other way around poppet. :rolleyes: 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Heart

snarkvark

VIP Member
i find it strange that BB doesn't address why she moved out, what changed, and why she's moving back. It's all shrouded in mystery. either share your relationship or don't. but puttig little snippets online and expecting your audience to nod along as if they have a clue what the fuck is happening is very bizarre behaviour. It's odd to 'break up' with a long term partner, move out and completely furnish and decoorate a new rental only to move back in with your previous partner a year later. I feel we're owed somewhat of an explanation. I don't expect all the gory ins and outs. a simple "we were struggling with X and we've resolved that" would suffice.

• Heart

uhhhhhhcanwejust

I unfollowed. She's just not very smart, is she? Pretentious? Yes. But intellectual? No. She can hardly describe a book and this is the classic post of "well actually I know more about this crisis than you do" - it's sick. What's more: to be upset about donated clothes.... and SHE IS SHILLING FOR MANGO. No comments on how she is working with a brand to move funds or donating anything or selling off her precious fucking attire to raise money. Cheap, sad. Brittany. I probably won't pop in here again, because she's so ick to me.

• Heart

jezzef

how kind of you to correct me on a term that i used doing a phD and not on social media. for an indigenous person form the 3rd world it's quite an achievement, i guess. esp as the 1st person in my family to even make it so far. so thank you for pointing out that i may have learnt the term through social media, but i didn't. and so lovely of you to be condescending to me. i feel...special. for what it's worth, the term was applied to the performative victimhood of white women and not to demonise typically black men specifically.

and if you're going to be the judge of this incident by pointing out that someone else is correct, i suppose i have the same right of privilege (or do i?) as you do to point out that im correct. i've had enough of bullying from white women and white men, and people of extreme privilege that i don't need it from anonymous people on the internet. i said those things about BB on an anonymous forum and not to her face or on comments of her YT. her tears attacked me as someone who isn't white. i don't expect you don't understand that. but i also don't appreciate this sort of ganging up and passing kangaroo court-style judgments. please stop this piling on, on one person. also this 'i have a black friend and i saw what he was going through' defense is a worn out argument. you will discount my experience as one-off but somehow your anecdote of a friend's experience is suddenly a vital evidence?

there is also no "perfect example" of what white woman tears are unless you have experienced it first hand and/or have been triggered by it. please don't bring in anecdotes as examples to prove this. im really triggered by all of you.

"also I just watched the intro to her video and actually thought she came across very authentic in my view" - well she didn't come off as very authentic in my view but do you see me ganging up and going off on one person? no.
I didn't read this because you've started by being sarcastic and calling me condescending when I was trying to be diplomatic. I did say "correct me if I'm wrong" which I think shows I'm not coming from a condescending position, but this has clearly upset you incredibly, which is not my intention. so I hope you have a nice day and don't spend too long being bothered by this. my apologies for appearing condescending. good luck in your phD.

• Heart

salexse

Who remembers when they were doing the van up and said they'd planned to do a polished concrete floor in the back?! The parquet in the bathroom makes as much sense as that - these two are that "hip" that all common sense seems to escape them at times.
Even if they'd have colour matched a really high quality vinyl to the tile colour, that would have been as quick to fit, been way more practical, and made more sense style wise than the parquet tiles. Maybe she's taken the "public toilets" comments too much to heart?
Also - mentions about money to do the work on the house being a point of anxiety/stress, then announces they've booked a road trip round Sicily 🤷 Going to Australia for a month, countless free press trips abroad... Clearly not enough for her!!

• Haha

pasodoble

I also think Brittany is so much more authentic than tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber. However, watching her latest vlog and her COS trip to Marrakesh, it stuns me how much money companies waste on these PR outings. They're becoming more and more extravagant and although BB always attempts to capture some of the country/culture, the only 'content' most of these influencers achieve is lots of privileged white women prancing around in lavender fields or showing off endless freebies in fancy hotel rooms, or quick footage of 'locals', who are clearly drafted in for effect and always look slightly baffled (don't worry, so are we).

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I have seen a few trend reports on TikTok saying there is going to be a move away from influencers operating solely in the influencing bubble towards people who have a regular job and influence on the side.
So the cynic on me says Brittany has seen the writing on the wall, knows a job in the arts will give legitimacy and authenticity to the influencing she continues to do. And she can be more discerning over the sponcon she takes on. A guaranteed base income in these uncertain times is nothing to sniff at, even it is small compared to influencer earnings.
I think the routine and the focus off herself will do her the world of good, whatever her motivation.

brerwhabbit

I don’t believe her “I don’t sing and dance for the Instagram algorithm” either.

It’s just another humble brag - look I don’t even have to try. Remember her “it’s not like this is my job, I do this as a hobby” thing a while back

She certainly does do the whole playbook circle jerk of likes and comments.

It’s just that I’m not like the others thing, I’m above them constantly.

She’ll get how to do reels eventually because she’s a good mimic. She’ll wait for someone less followed to do it in a way she likes then rip them off.

That’s the BB way. It’s also the fast fashion way. There are parallels.

brerwhabbit

This criticism seems extremely thin, the amount of folks I have seen de-masking to eat/drink in public and for eons... she wasn't near folks and it wasn't for a long period. Could've done it somewhere else, but I bet she was just sitting there and bored.
Yup I think she was just bored. Not a huge deal. But she is on camera, and it's a poor choice, so fair someone should mention as not pleasing. Not exactly throwing her into isolation and throwing away the key - just a little side eye at home! Ha.

As someone recovering from cancer and who is also a type 1 diabetic, it irks to see people be "oh just this once, I'm bored". Sure, I understand it, we are all tired of it, wearing masks sucks. I've also been in training to be a part of the medical field too and had to wear them all day long. UK has one of the worst transmission rates in the world. If just for the principle she could be a little more aware? Respect for people working in the field who are literally calling out sick in droves.

It's not likely one person sitting away from other in a small airport will cause transmission, yeah sure, but the power of the aggregate of several folks doing this has poor outcomes. Whether or not it is likely isn't really the point. Matter of respect and kindness in my mind. Vulnerable people can't be shut ins for their own mental health. I'd be putting on the mask or stepping outside to film as a matter of caution, perhaps overzealous but rather that than contribute to someone getting ill. Not all of us will have "mild" illness .

I live in Texas though now, so can you imagine what I see on the daily? Yesterday, someone in the waiting room of my doctor pulled down their mask to cough. LOL. FFS. If I got on my soap box like this I'd be shot. So forgive me if this is insufferable pontification - got to vent the steam. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

P.S. Just trying to offer my perspective really not trying to lecture anyone at all. We all seem pretty damn nice (though not insipid/easily pleased) here I reckon <3

Last edited:
  • Heart