Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her and Dean buying art vanity books. Maybe he looks at them but I doubt it. Did you notice she said "this one has a good cover" a few times. LOL. So telling :)

Also, "I told my hairdresser I want beige hair". What? Who wants beige hair? I get it, she wanted highlights to give more depth and interest. Quite pretty but hardly revolutionary (she has to make it sound like, oh but no, I do mine in a more subtle, sophisticated manner). The summer b/f last she kept saying my hair gets naturally very light in the sun. Mmmm.

I think she and Dean should become house flippers. Clearly they have a bit of cash he has skills and she has the kind of taste "which someone can put their own stamp on" (i.e. neutrals) hahaha. Perfect.

Of course she would never call herself a real estate flipper. She's too good for that. She's not like other real estate flippers ;).

Her new stuff will be subsumed into the house where it can be and stored as @fallouou states until it needs to tossed. That behemoth of a sofa will probably overwhelm that space and quickly get grubby if it's not already. I find it to be a big lump. The Flintstone table? Probs that one, b/c so expensive may make the cut. Also a collection of lumps. Her sculpture bits and bobs - more lumps. The Noguchi lamp will make it. The bland free dining table and chairs nope.

Love how she's into sustainability but not thinking of downsizing back into the space as it's only temporary until they can move somewhere bigger and better in which to contain more.

This was all rather predictable. Also what happened to the camper? Did it not pass its MOT? Has that also gone by the wayside? Trundled down into landfill? I hope not. They did a great job of the interior at warp speed. Rather Dean did with BB's help.

I did like the montages and the prefer the old house so much more than the current flat which has no soul the way she has done it up like every Scandi minfluencer.

P.S. I will say I could get through this video without whincing so you know, it was tolerable. Onwards and upwards? At least now it will be a lot more interesting.

Well that might be a step too far, but one can hope.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
i find it strange that BB doesn't address why she moved out, what changed, and why she's moving back. It's all shrouded in mystery. either share your relationship or don't. but puttig little snippets online and expecting your audience to nod along as if they have a clue what the duck is happening is very bizarre behaviour. It's odd to 'break up' with a long term partner, move out and completely furnish and decoorate a new rental only to move back in with your previous partner a year later. I feel we're owed somewhat of an explanation. I don't expect all the gory ins and outs. a simple "we were struggling with X and we've resolved that" would suffice.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It's all very cloak and dagger, isn't it. I think she did say in a previous vlog (around the time she moved out) that they were very young when they first started dating, and she didn't feel as though she had an identity without Dean. I think they were teenagers when they first got together (or at least college age) and so there was never an opportunity to explore who she was outside of being a couple.

Reactions: 10
I suspect she still struggles with her identity but it was too hard to be without Dean and she missed him/couldn't stand the thought of losing him. Fair enough. I've found that if you struggle with identity, being with a partner makes it worse and it's easier to accomplish it alone. But that could just be me. She may just come to accept that a lot of her identity is being with Dean, and vice versa. They still will likely have the same issues whatever they were. Maybe they now have the perspective that being apart isn't what they want and truly dig into them to fix now? Time will tell.

Reactions: 9
Completely agree @brerwhabbit if they live apart but are still in a relationship I don't see how her "identity" will change. She would need to meet new people and experience new things for that, which can be easier when you're single and don't spend every weekend with aforementioned partner/ex-housemate...

Reactions: 7
I also feel perhaps she isn't self aware enough to know why? As much as she waffles on about her anxiety etc. she doesn't have much insight. And she doesn't feel it's anyone's business but if Dean just stopped appearing then she would get non-stop questions. So she revealed and then got into a bit of a quandary b/c @snarkvark is right, it's naff to continually throw crumbs without revealing the whole biscuit.

By continually, I mean having Dean in the background, talking about him, addressing the situation more than once and then radio silence and then mention/ show again. It was puzzling and to be expected that people asked her about and then to be told off for being nosey, well, hmm.

This is typical BB, tries to make everyone happy by playing both sides of the fence, makes no one happy, loses respect for herself/ feeling of identity, blames others and ruminates into crippling anxiety. I've been there, and can relate, I don't think to that extent though. It's hard to watch.

Anyhoo, I will shut up with the psycho analysis now 😂 I do relate to some of her problems. Maybe that's why I watch? Just it gets too much.

Last edited:
They come across as a bit try hard with their style. Does he have tattoos on his fingers or did his biro burst in the bookies?😬

They come across as a bit try hard with their style. Does he have tattoos on his fingers or did his biro burst in the bookies?😬
Yeah, I think Dean's tattoos stem from wanting to be cool, I mean, to be fair, whose don't? But at least he makes a decision and sticks with it. Some of them are really bog standard hipster. Not super original, but not horrible.

As far as Brittany, I think it's amusing that the one on her top wrist area she removed (it's been a smudge) was a Vivienne Westwood orb. It's not one of the ones she recently removed it was before that. Pretty naff. I noticed it when someone here posted instagram photos from way back when I think.

Obviously when you are young you make tit decisions. It's just BB doesn't mention that one (she's mentioned the others she had removed), for good reason. LOL. It's so not her image.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
it is interesting that she is moving back in with Dean when her current place is up for sale. Convenience much? I also think she dug herself a hole when she went into why they "broke up", then not too long ago she spoke about regretting being open, not wanting to share as much or something along those lines. So now she is in this place of not knowing how much she wants to share. But if you want to do vlogs, i'm sorry, you have to share. That is the whole point of a vlog. That is why people watch.

TBH it all just seems super stressful and inconvenient to set up a whole new life but not really be disconnected from this previous life and now only a year later she has the task of disassembling this new life to morph back into the old one....

Reactions: 12
I only just noticed how Brittany replies to every comment on her sponsored IG posts but not on the others. Gotta get that 'engagement' huh!

• Haha
  • Angry
The many phases of BB could fill a book! She changes her style like the wind but preaches that everyone else limit their wardrobes

Reactions: 4
it is interesting that she is moving back in with Dean when her current place is up for sale. Convenience much? I also think she dug herself a hole when she went into why they "broke up", then not too long ago she spoke about regretting being open, not wanting to share as much or something along those lines. So now she is in this place of not knowing how much she wants to share. But if you want to do vlogs, i'm sorry, you have to share. That is the whole point of a vlog. That is why people watch.

TBH it all just seems super stressful and inconvenient to set up a whole new life but not really be disconnected from this previous life and now only a year later she has the task of disassembling this new life to morph back into the old one....
I know, it was a bit of a deflating thing that she's moving back and it's framed not as "this is a healthy CHOICE and change" but rather a response to the rent being up.

I think if they get into house-flipping, that could be really cool for them. It would certainly be interesting content. Much more so than earring talk or books. I'd actually be really into this.

In terms of sharing, I personally felt really ... seen and helped when she let us know why she was moving out and when she brought up agoraphobia. But the rest of the content (especially the endless consumerism) takes away from the authenticity for me. I too overshare so I get the feeling of "oh no I said too much and now there will be questions" but yeah, if you're sharing your life as part of your business, you do need to be thoughtful. She's not talking to friends, this is public and monetized.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
somethin I noticed about BB's stories or last vlog maybe? when she went to visit friends was how identical everyone looked. everyone wearing the same colours, clothes, silhouettes, outfits. I don't know about you but style is only really interesting if it's different.

BB straddles that line of wanting to appear as though she has unique style but also wanting to seem knowledgable on timeless/classic fashion. trying to be original but also chic. yet all she wears is the same beige clothing in the same oversized cuts (that swamp her). there's nothting fun or interesting. she buys identical jumpers, trousers, and shirts, and dresses them all the same way. and she buys multiples of the same thing. she's neither doing anything truly interesting or original with fashion, or someone who knows how to build a timeless wardrobe. it's such a weird contradiction.

if you look at street style, that's original. not BB's 100th oversized coat worn with the same beanie and clunky shoes.

• Heart
somethin I noticed about BB's stories or last vlog maybe? when she went to visit friends was how identical everyone looked. everyone wearing the same colours, clothes, silhouettes, outfits. I don't know about you but style is only really interesting if it's different.

BB straddles that line of wanting to appear as though she has unique style but also wanting to seem knowledgable on timeless/classic fashion. trying to be original but also chic. yet all she wears is the same beige clothing in the same oversized cuts (that swamp her). there's nothting fun or interesting. she buys identical jumpers, trousers, and shirts, and dresses them all the same way. and she buys multiples of the same thing. she's neither doing anything truly interesting or original with fashion, or someone who knows how to build a timeless wardrobe. it's such a weird contradiction.

if you look at street style, that's original. not BB's 100th oversized coat worn with the same beanie and clunky shoes.
Those two guys at the coffee shop in Manchester were comical. BB and those types try so hard to look different but they all look the same, in my mind they all look like garden knomes

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Although l do believe that she was genuinely upset when she moved into the flat, there was something about that last vlog that made 0.01% of me think there was something a bit off about the convenient timing of everything. I know I’m going to sound bad-minded but I’ll get it off my chest.

Just, for example, assume that during lockdown they, like many millions of others, got on each other’s nerves to the point of bickering and needing some space. On top of that, perhaps they were doing work on the house and it was affecting her already limited ability to work or film. Then possibly an opportunity arose for her to rent the flat she'd always admired on a short-term lease, decorating it with “kindly gifted“ paint, art and furnishings (perhaps even knowing the owner so win-win). Then Dean could come and go as much as they wanted and they could calm down and get over their quarrelling or even go their separate ways but the odd thing to viewers was that it never really did feel like a trial separation. In other words, it felt like the flat availability had partly driven the split. Let’s face it, she didn’t end up in an ugly little hutch with no stylish content. So now all the new things she’s acquired can be probably be used in the new place they’re going to get.

This to me would go toward her reluctance to share more as she would have to get into answering questions ( I’ve never thought she should share her personal life in detail but questioned her naivety in thinking people wouldn’t ask).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I actually don’t like Brittany but I like Dean. He is a talented artist and quite a cool guy, too. I like his style 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Although l do believe that she was genuinely upset when she moved into the flat, there was something about that last vlog that made 0.01% of me think there was something a bit off about the convenient timing of everything. I know I’m going to sound bad-minded but I’ll get it off my chest.

Just, for example, assume that during lockdown they, like many millions of others, got on each other’s nerves to the point of bickering and needing some space. On top of that, perhaps they were doing work on the house and it was affecting her already limited ability to work or film. Then possibly an opportunity arose for her to rent the flat she'd always admired on a short-term lease, decorating it with “kindly gifted“ paint, art and furnishings (perhaps even knowing the owner so win-win). Then Dean could come and go as much as they wanted and they could calm down and get over their quarrelling or even go their separate ways but the odd thing to viewers was that it never really did feel like a trial separation. In other words, it felt like the flat availability had partly driven the split. Let’s face it, she didn’t end up in an ugly little hutch with no stylish content. So now all the new things she’s acquired can be probably be used in the new place they’re going to get.

This to me would go toward her reluctance to share more as she would have to get into answering questions ( I’ve never thought she should share her personal life in detail but questioned her naivety in thinking people wouldn’t ask).
This makes far more sense than any other explanation. I reckon it's close for sure.

As for Dean -
I quite like him too but find his artwork quite stagnant and static. He tends to do portraits from photographs. I definitely think he has potential though as long as he is able to put the time into it.

And he's handy and he's not as self consciously apologetic about his choices and really does seem to have a clearer sense of identity and style even if it is cribbed from Hockney and Herring with a little Bathgate influence. I would definitely like to see more of him working on houses. Even when they tiled their bathroom together that was a fun change of pace. Any project with the 2 of them shows them to be quite a good team. Of course we are seeing the best bits but still way more interesting.

Reactions: 8