Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

salexse

Just for fun I totalled up the prices for every outfit linked in the description box... £15062.80 all in all 😳 And that's not an exact figure for each of those outfits because some she rewore shoes, didn't link her earrings etc. I know she will have paid or got discount for some of it but even so. The thing that plays on my mind the most is I bet that's not even the garment workers who made those trousers (for example) annual salary, and that's just based on maybe a couple of months gifting and/or purchases with discount?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20

olsenrow

Girl has a job now 🕺
I am pleased that she’s doing something fulfilling and thinking of her future unlike so many influencers who complain about how influencing is real work. But I can’t help but feel jealousy when she hasn’t worked for years and hasn’t had to, then lands a job people dream of. I’m so jealous, I’ve been trying to work in gallery curation for months but it’s so nepotistic and impossible without connections. Maybe I need to get off tattle and touch some grass.

uhhhhhhcanwejust

As someone who is on a medical leave for mental health issues stemming from my job, I can say that while we all suffer from mental health concerns, I think BB is using it as an excuse, as someone else mentioned. Does that sound harsh? Maybe. But truly, this woman has so much time, money to focus on herself. To be her best self. Instead she does a half-assed job of creating content and whinges. If say she cannot hold herself back from complaining online to complete strangers, then Dean and the friends at the studio should hold her back and take away her camera.. But my hunch is she can restrain herself and the whingeing is for the sycophantic followers to boost her and to have some talking points to sound cool and relevant to her desired circle who have to be either super busy building their art/businesses or are similarly influencers.

Her biggest issue seems to be not wanting to be labelled an influencer but wanting that lifestyle. Just be honest with yourself BB, accept it, embrace it and live in your truth free from blame. All of us without the opportunities, money and time would love to live with your excessive lifestyle and release ourselves from feeling aggrieved about the job title. Say what you mean, mean what you say. You're an influencer. Be authentic by embracing reality.

If you want a career change, make it happen, but do something. Don't pretend to be a "creative" when really you are an influencer. Wake up.

• Heart

salexse

Wardrobe "Wishlist" (haul) January 2022:
Jil Sander wallet £320
Tabi boots £850
Cawley jacket £910 (£1300 full price, less £390 aforementioned 30% offered discount)
Margaret Howell jacket £341
Mother jeans £270
Acne blazer £650
Row Bindle bag £1400
Jil Sander Goji bag £1290
Couldn't track down price for Peter Do bag and didn't include the Margiela blazer or the two pairs of 501's mentioned.
Total for the 27 minute video = approx £6031

Snarks about spending £9000 on a concrete floor they'd be walking on everyday (in the previous vlog) but can somehow justify spending nearly that amount on cloth to stuff in an already packed wardrobe. I appreciate they aren't planning on staying in that house forever, and that she's had some of the above for free as part of the FarFetch collab so probably doesn't count, buuuuuttttttt.....

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19

Lilith19

I rarely comment on here, but I'm so infuriated by Brittany's self righteous attitude. Her fake concern that donated clothes are going to waste, and yet she has repeats of the same item going to waste in her wardrobe. It seems like she's trying to give herself an excuse to not do anything whatsoever.
Considering the efforts that instagrammers like Abi Marvel, who Brittany claims to be a friend, are going to to help, Brittany's comment was so insulting.

• Heart

brerwhabbit

@Readinginks. A semi-detached is 2 houses together with a central shared wall. They are all over England but are ubiquitous in "metro land" London which has, for some, is an affectionate term. Widely built in the 30's, along with detached homes in previously rural areas surrounding hamlets (hence the ham in many of the names) and Leighs (meadows) around central London. Many, like Bromley (ley = leigh) and Beckenham, West Wickham (where I grew up) became part Greater London.
Typical terrace houses are rows of houses that each share 2 walls except for the very end. They were often built as homes for workers in factories etc. Some have shops above if on a high street (main road in a town). They tend to be much smaller.
England has some amazing architectural "garden communities" suburban planning movements that happened when people moved out of the cities and into the suburbs to escape the smog, crowding and pollution. For many years we have had the reverse, because the factories and coal pollution are no longer part of London's existence.
I bought a book for my dad on London suburbs. I need to steal it back :) I have great affection for them and sort of rose-tinted glasses because I moved from there as a teen to Texas and the culture shock was brutal.
Growing up in primary school in Beckenham, we had environmental studies days where we would go and tour the streets surrounding the school and talk about the architecture. Some buildings were many hundreds of years old, others fairly new. I still remember these days vividly. I miss England so much.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 11.23.57 AM.png

The semi-detached home I grew up in (our side). Behind the garden was woodland and a lake. It was a very pooh-bear existence. Not fancy. Not fussy, just extremely English in all the best possible ways 😊

You can also have terrace homes that are large - the rows of Victorian homes for example which have generally been turned into flats which all share walls too.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Mermaid456

Think she’s working for a gallery and will keep selected Instagram jobs (I missed the beginning of the vlog) I have to say - good on her! Especially addressing the cost of living crisis and feeling like she’s working in an icky industry - other influencers should take note!

I think everyone's comments about BB has been valid so far, but I think it's rather careless to minimise her whatever mental health issues she may be dealing with just because of the privileges she's been afforded. The woman said she's been dealing with the fear of leaving her home on and off, for 2 yrs. That is legitimate mental health issue, and it varies from very mild to extreme. Some people with this issue are perhaps only able to leave the house twice a week by themselves whereas others cannot leave the house under any circumstance whatsoever.
In addition to that, her being a white woman who is living in the West and is able to drape herself in The Row and Lemaire garms, doesn't take away from her internal issues either. Because she's a white woman she can't struggle or vocalise her struggles? Weird take. And I'm a black woman with mental health issues saying this. Vilifying white women purely on the basis because they're white and because of all of the societal privileges that come with being white, and on top of that, pretty much stating that they don't know what is to struggle to any degree, is low-key juvenile, and doesn't hold up as an affective means of spearheading conversations about the mental health issues that poc deal with in this society. If anything, it just perpetuates endless argument and resentment from both sides. Yeah we get it, white people have privilege, we've had a thousand conversations about it, but how does that help me or change my life/make it better? Like, what now?? And I know very well that the white women here (and this is a predominantly white female space so I know most of the women in this thread are white) didn't take lightly to that, but you feel like you had to accept it because that's how to be an ally or whatever. Lol, okay.

But anyway, I've said all I had to on the matter. Continue.

Last edited:
  • Heart

pasodoble

Could it be her commitment to doing a 'wardrobe wishlist' video each month is because FarFetch are sponsoring her to do ... hmmm .... let me take a wild guess here ... one video per month?

• Haha
  • Heart

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
So many intelligent voices on this thread - regardless if we disagree. I just want to say I'm happy to be here for that and the humor. I don't think there's a bad egg among us and that's pretty rare. I like coming here much more than viewing the actual vlogs :D

You all keep me from going completely stir crazy from being stuck at home and I'm not easily pleased. Ha! I, for one, hope she doesn't go exclusively to Patreon and keeps doing some free stuff so we can keep this going for that reason (somewhat selfish).

P.S. Not because I enjoy dissing BB because I do watch her for a different point of view/ Inspo. too. It's not all bad. I know this isn't the "rave" thread but I honestly don't see it as purely a "rant" thread either - more critique which is probably too lofty a word, but hopefully you get what I mean?
We are critiquing which involves criticism and praise, but she only wants praise. I've never had a job where I've not been critiqued and I don't see why influencers should get a pass because of their "mental health". As long as the criticism is constructive and not rude, why wouldn't you want to hear it and improve.

You can't be an influencer if you aren't willing to listen to those you seek to sell to. Unfortunately she doesn't see herself as a salesperson/ marketer but a creative/artist. Creatives carry on with their hobby regardless of critique or low income because they are doing it for the love of their art not the money. Brittany is not a creative, she works in marketing, plain and simple.

• Heart

peppin

VIP Member
She has chosen such a wrong time/topic to be concerned about long term environmental /economic impact. If only she managed to think through the long term consequences of every single f*ing trench coat purchase or gifted items she accepts. Although I can understand the context of this post, I am starting to dislike her even more for it.

Btw, I don’t know if this goes agains Tattle rules, but I am doing a fundraiser on my Etsy, donating 50% of proceeds from these handprinted cards to the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal. Feel free to share.

[/URL]
If she's conflicted about donating physical goods, she can donate cash, simple as that. Or volunteer, that doesn't cost anything and she seems to have plenty of free time on her hands anyway.

I just have to say I find this "brainstorming" text exchange exceptionally distasteful. People are dying, yet she fails to recognise the privilege of being able to just sit back and be like "hmmm, I wonder what my neighbour thinks about the waste WAR produces 🤔". It's like a pick me contest between those with the saviour complex.

notnowbb

I find her so lame. I really think this was her attempt to be 'not like other influencers' again. See, other people, they all share the same things, support Ukraine, how can we help, here's a link to donate, but Brittany gave us FOOD FOR THOUGHT. It seems like she's pleased with herself that she managed to bring a fresh perspective on war immigrantion haha. Like it's a school assignment or something.

Also, even though the neighbour probably is informed about this topic to some degree (they go into details) the basic idea is so funny to me - here's my conversation with my neighbour, no credentials whatsoever, I like to call it 'food for thought'.

And it's pretty obvious that if she wanted to post something like this (if she was serious about it and not just a selfish show-off), it should've been immediately followed by listing alternatives - donating money, volunteering, or only donating things that are really needed (last time I checked it was socks, blankets, and hygiene items like sanitary pads etc). On its own it really just comes off as combination of wanting to sound smarter than everyone and giving an excuse for not doing anything, because, quote - "It's difficult to know how can we help or if we can at all".

• Heart

Liswit87

Lucy talking about her home Reno again
I think that house looks beautiful, but I'm sick of rich influencers buying-up a bunch of properties that were probably quite attainable price-wise for the average person, and doing them up until they're probably too expensive for most people to afford.

"Also working on another property in Deal" oh so that's two houses you're taking up space in when the UK is suffering a major housing crisis?

Bonus dickhead points if they end up on Airbnb.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Sentient Yam

Chatty Member
Look, I'm unfortunately naturally short, bow legged and I do *everything I can* to appear less so and draw attention away from it. I'm just perplexed at the horseshoe shape of trouser, I can't take it seriously!

Cursor_and__4__VLOG___Winter_Outfits__Home_Updates___New_Sofa_-_YouTube_🔊.jpg
_4__VLOG___Winter_Outfits__Home_Updates___New_Sofa_-_YouTube_🔊.jpg

• Haha

d0llhouse

So, if ALL 53K subscribers spend 60 pounds/yr that's over 300K pounds/yr. I think even BB would be satisfied with that!
Not to be pedantic, but you're still missing a zero. She has approx 56K subscribers - if they all paid £60 a year, she would be making over £3.3 million a year. Not that this would ever happen.

If she can recruit the average of 15% of her YouTube following (approx 8,400 people) and they all pay £60 a year, she'll be making £504K a year.

This is on top of all her sponsorships, affiliate links and brand work.

The point is - and I don't want anyone to be deceived by this - Patreon can be extremely lucrative.

• Wow
  • Haha

Mr Sparkle

If Dean popped up on a dating app with that photo I'd think, "God that guy takes himself seriously" and swipe left. In that sense, I can see why he and BB are a match.

My ex is a skater and thought he was so fashion forward in a pair of Dickies and plain white tee, too. Honestly I think skaters think they're on the cutting edge of fashion, when they're all just as guilty of copying each other as the rest of the world.

• Haha
  • Heart

verykindlygifted

Her stories about how to wear a baklava are so hilarious in their stupidity. Shows how she's constantly worried about her looks and whether she's wearing things "properly" (aka like other trendy people), this really puts her in the box of influencers, not creative people. (Bohoo, surprise!) If she was creative, she wouldn't give two fucks about rules in fashion and would make her own.
That's what makes her so boring and annoying as well. You want tips, inspiration, fun clothes, but you get a woman whining because a right amount of hair isn't sticking out of her baklava. (Which, by the way, is to make you warm, maybe she should be concerned about that first?)
View attachment 883269
I know you meant "balaclava" but now I can't stop imagining BB trying to convince us that wearing a sticky, flaky pastry dessert on one's head is the height of fashion.

• Haha