Brittany Bathgate #2 Buying things to fill the gaping hole in her personality

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A closet clear out/big depop upload is basically Brittany (or any other influencer) purging their wardrobes of all the free stuff they've been sent that they don't want, isn't it. I don't know why they hype it up like they do. The only thing on there I thought she'd worn a few times was the black Sir dress.
Anytime an YouTuber does a closet clear out and shares the link to where to buy the clothes they're showing in the video, it feels like a commercial for the clothes. So cringe.

Reactions: 7
Her bathroom reminds me of the girls shower room at school

In typical BB fashion she was worrying about the colour of the wall in the bathroom (various eggshells) depending on where the sun is. For context this bathroom had 1 small east facing window. One of the scenarios is the lighting when the sun is coming through the front bedroom into the hall and then finally into the bathroom

Does she not realise the door will be closed so this is not a scenario worth stressing about. Unless she plans on shitting with the door open on to get the good lighting

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Her bathroom reminds me of the girls shower room at school

In typical BB fashion she was worrying about the colour of the wall in the bathroom (various eggshells) depending on where the sun is. For context this bathroom had 1 small east facing window. One of the scenarios is the lighting when the sun is coming through the front bedroom into the hall and then finally into the bathroom

Does she not realise the door will be closed so this is not a scenario worth stressing about. Unless she plans on shitting with the door open on to get the good lighting
just reading this gave me a headache lol, it's also remarkable how for someone with, allegedly, such attention to detail, the results always end up being very underwhelming

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Who remembers when they were doing the van up and said they'd planned to do a polished concrete floor in the back?! The parquet in the bathroom makes as much sense as that - these two are that "hip" that all common sense seems to escape them at times.
Even if they'd have colour matched a really high quality vinyl to the tile colour, that would have been as quick to fit, been way more practical, and made more sense style wise than the parquet tiles. Maybe she's taken the "public toilets" comments too much to heart?
Also - mentions about money to do the work on the house being a point of anxiety/stress, then announces they've booked a road trip round Sicily 🤷 Going to Australia for a month, countless free press trips abroad... Clearly not enough for her!!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Those crochet shoes she's been wearing lately look like doll shoes. Or like shoes you'd make for your dog for laughs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hi everyone! First time posting here. I love Brittany and her style, but I've just watched her latest vlog with the house tour, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I knew the house was small and the rooms were not very spacious, but with all the massive furniture, they looked just tiny. It seems that the interior style Brittany goes for — large tables and shelves, statement leather chairs, lots of decor — is suited better for bigger spaces. For example, the white couch looked great in her apartment where she lived during the first covid lockdown. But in this house, it barely fits the room.

I hope it is still a work in progress, and when the rooms are finished, with the proper curtains and less clutter, it all will make more sense.

Reactions: 5
Hi everyone! First time posting here. I love Brittany and her style, but I've just watched her latest vlog with the house tour, and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. I knew the house was small and the rooms were not very spacious, but with all the massive furniture, they looked just tiny. It seems that the interior style Brittany goes for — large tables and shelves, statement leather chairs, lots of decor — is suited better for bigger spaces. For example, the white couch looked great in her apartment where she lived during the first covid lockdown. But in this house, it barely fits the room.

I hope it is still a work in progress, and when the rooms are finished, with the proper curtains and less clutter, it all will make more sense.
Agree! i am also shocked at the amount of stuff they have that clearly doesn't fit in the house. It is kind of gross to see tbh.

Reactions: 4
agree 100% with you @Dozhdik i actually like the new bookcase especially with the dark stain, but think it absolutely swamps the space. It cuts off half the left window too in the back door of their dining area.
Also I’m not massively into her style at the moment. Don’t know what it is but just not clicking with some of it, but I love all of her old content and am confident she’ll post things I vibe with again. It’s interspersed with good stuff at the mo. Also just generally love her vlog content and videography

Reactions: 4
You have to wonder if, when they get around to doing the back extension, the bookcase will make it into the new space? It's so bulky and awkward looking. Could they not have installed some Vitsoe and called it a day? At least that you can customize and install it elsewhere if you're over it.

The bookcase make me feel very claustrophobic, rhe addition of curtains will only make it worse. And when I think about utility, it's going to be a tight squeeze when having a dinner party around that table with that bookcase looming over them. I hope it's anchored properly

The fact of the matter they've tried to turn a 1930s semi into something it ain't. Her style worked in her victorian terrace but its not going to work here from what i can see. I grew up in a 30s semi, so this isn't a dig but you've got to go along with bones of a house. Now Anna can fangirl about her and Brittany shared characteristic of not respecting the time period of the home in which they bought

Reactions: 7
That fairly recent speech about how the influencer business is giving her the ick and is at odds with her values etc etc - I don't buy it. She's just as grabby and greedy as the common garden influencers she's so keen to distance herself from.

From the outside it looks like she's still very much living the lifestyle of a full-time influencer (anyone else hate the term digital content creator or is it just me?), going on seemingly endless trips away and to countless PR events, accepting just as many freebies as before. And so on and so on...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That fairly recent speech about how the influencer business is giving her the ick and is at odds with her values etc etc - I don't buy it. She's just as grabby and greedy as the common garden influencers she's so keen to distance herself from.

From the outside it looks like she's still very much living the lifestyle of a full-time influencer (anyone else hate the term digital content creator or is it just me?), going on seemingly endless trips away and to countless PR events, accepting just as many freebies as before. And so on and so on...
oh god, i thought she dropped this "not like other influencers" persona already, the last time she was like that, she ended up collaborating with mango 💀

if you hate being an influencer, don't be one, but don't pose like the brave one when you keep one leg in the industry bc you enjoy the very benefits you criticise other for accepting, same thing with lily pebbles trying to be relatable because she cringes at other people making content outside... while making content outside

• Haha
It made me think, does she only find being an influencer morally repugnant if the freebies are cheap?

Reactions: 2