Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

idiotstar

To me personally the clothes she pick makes me see her in unattractive way, like things don’t suit her, ill fitted, baggy, shapeless and over all just not for her petite frame. This is why I am not into her style as much anymore, she used to dress much better back in the day. I can see why my boyfriend loves her style more than I do 🤣
I don’t mind people wearing oversize/shapeless clothes. I think the idea of people only wearing ‘flattering’ clothes is something we should kill off. BUT I do think her outfits don’t have much balance in them, she looks like a child playing dress up

Reactions: 15

spicemlng

hi all! long time lurker, first time poster. this comment is so spot on but ms verbose-and-insipid is obviously "irked" at it. and she knows she can monetise her videos but just chooses not to. Patreon is another brick in her "im not like other influencers" wall. 🙃
That reply she gave irked me. Saying it wouldn’t pay for her clothing but instead her “creative process”… which typically only includes expensive clothing and items/furniture… so… yes it would be paying for her clothing. I can’t exactly imagine what her content would be like if she didn’t have the clothing and items she does have. Perhaps I am mistaken?

• Heart

Liswit87

She is not a curator for the gallery though. She does their marketing and socials which she can do, I guess (admittedly, anyone can do!)
This is true, though my statement was more about the arts and museums sector as a whole. Regardless of whether it's marketing or curating and art direction e.t.c , the jobs are still very hard to find and not lucrative enough to be viable for many people... Marketing jobs for even some of the biggest museums in *London* pay only £18-25k p/a. Fine little side hustle for an influencer with another source of income, but it would be a dream job for a marketeer with a professional (not just aesthetic) interest and expertise in art theory/history.

Also as someone who works in the sector I would argue that not "anyone can do it." The entire arts and culture sector in the U.K. is under-fire right now in many ways, and actually a sensitive topic, and any marketing in that sector needs to be undertaken very carefully by someone who is knowledgeable and informed about it.

Unfortunately, BB's appointment into a gallery job by her friends - even if "just" in marketing - as an established influencer, as well as white upper-middle class person, is actually a perfect example of the major problems in the industry.

Moosey doesn’t even seem like a good fit. BB has never shown interest in any of the artists exhibiting with them and doesn’t seem to truly know much about that segment of the art scene. She’s always stuck to more established names never really digging further.
Even the story she posted when she was at the gallery was just one corner of a painting... The full one probably didn't fit her 'aesthetic'

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
somethin I noticed about BB's stories or last vlog maybe? when she went to visit friends was how identical everyone looked. everyone wearing the same colours, clothes, silhouettes, outfits. I don't know about you but style is only really interesting if it's different.

BB straddles that line of wanting to appear as though she has unique style but also wanting to seem knowledgable on timeless/classic fashion. trying to be original but also chic. yet all she wears is the same beige clothing in the same oversized cuts (that swamp her). there's nothting fun or interesting. she buys identical jumpers, trousers, and shirts, and dresses them all the same way. and she buys multiples of the same thing. she's neither doing anything truly interesting or original with fashion, or someone who knows how to build a timeless wardrobe. it's such a weird contradiction.

if you look at street style, that's original. not BB's 100th oversized coat worn with the same beanie and clunky shoes.
Those two guys at the coffee shop in Manchester were comical. BB and those types try so hard to look different but they all look the same, in my mind they all look like garden knomes

• Heart
  • Haha

jezzef

For what its worth for everyone on this thread: "white woman tears" and "karens" are terms (as in these are the definitions and its not up for debate, if you disagree with the definition maybe you learned it through an incorrect context, which is understandable because social media does that) applied to situations where white women use tears/false/exaggerated emotional distress and feign helplessness in order to manipulate a situation to demonise people of colour (typically black men specifically). my friend (black male) experienced this the other day at work when him and his colleague (black female) were dealing with an arsey white woman who was snapping at them. they shifted her onto their white colleague who dealt with her request, the white woman then asked to speak to a manager, and when she was on another floor speaking to the manager (away from my friend and his fellow black colleague) she began to bawl her eyes out and shake and cry and apparently told the manager that my friend had deliberately pushed past her as he walked by. luckily the manager didn't believe a word of it.

so that is a perfect example of what "white woman tears/karens" mean. it's direct violence. I have seen lots of white men begin to use those terms disengaged from the context which has probably perpetuated a misunderstanding of what it means. thanks for that, white men.

in my view, but tell me if i'm wrong, what @elaine_benes_my_goddess means is that BB crying is typical of privileged wealthy white women. but I mean everyone can be cringey and cry on camera for sympathy, and maybe ww tend feel more brave in doing that because of privilege. and I can see why a "social media discourse buzzword" like wwt/karen would seemingly be appropriate, and this may be valid to point out, but @snarkvark is technically correct

also I just watched the intro to her video and actually thought she came across very authentic in my view

Last edited:

peppin

VIP Member
Her description of the first outfit was puzzling, I don't think one needs an outfit to "wear when you have the doors open to the garden and chill and enjoy the breeze from indoors"
you need 1 outfit for when the door is open, 1 for when it's closed, another one for when it's the window that you have opened and one more for when the windows are shut 🤠 fashuuun baby

• Haha

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Brittany's flying skincare routine is horrifying for someone who displays ocd tendencies. Planes are a hot bed of germs even more so the toilets, you should NOT be doing any skincare routine in the bathroom unless you have your own PJ. When I travel long distances I do my skincare routine just before I leave my house and try to avoid touching my face at all until I've landed, wearing a cap to the airport helps. One day without a skincare routine is not going to impact you in the long run, but the damage you could do by rubbing those germs and poo particles doesn't even bare thinking about.

This may be a controversial thought but doing your makeup during your commute is gross, and I'd rather travel bare face or wake up early

olsenrow

From what I can tell she’s no longer close with Lizzy, Lindsey, Kim etc. I follow her friend Abi who I think is the black friend people refer to, and they do genuinely seem to spend a lot of time together as Abi posts Brittany equally as much. To me it seems like BB doesn’t have many influencer friends, the friends she does have are probably from her life outside of instagram so I can’t vouch for whether they’re all thin and white. I do think she posts Abi authentically although it can come across as tokenism because of the influencer crowds she runs in! I’m black myself and it doesn’t read this way to me but I might be being naive

brerwhabbit

I *need* something that will organize me better than this zip pouch.

Buys something similar and smaller.

Why not just clean it out? Scan in receipts you need. Won't this happen with the new one? Oh it has 2 compartments, I see, problem solved.

I *need* a bigger bag b/c I only have crossbody bags, also the ones I have are open at the top.

Talks about the row Bindl.

This bag is open at the top.

I *need* a jacket that isn't oversized that has buttons closer to the neck b/c they drown me (she's not wrong)

Discusses the Acne one.

Has massively oversized shoulders.

Buys a 3rd pair of tabi shoes (4th if you include the white, which she sold)

States she has *ALWAYS* found them beautiful - but on instagram commented she was undecided about whether she liked them for a long time

LOL. She just wants more new stuff...even though she has new stuff.

has she actually ever added it all up?
My Granddad would say, "in a word..."

(meaning no) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Not once in her recent vlog did she mention anything about working with a fast fashion brand she would never normally buy from, instead really laying it on thick with the “new challenge” angle. But how much did they pay you for the new challenge Brit? How much did they pay you to wear those jeans you would not go near in a trillion years.
That's what pisses me off about these retailers, BB openly mocked Gucci despite them sending her freebies, and despite the presumably large check Mango sent her, I'm yet to see her even wear something from bough with her own money. Wtf are all these brands giving her these items when clearly she doesn't align with them??

She talks about authenticity as an influencer and hating fast fashion brands like Zara, but doesn't mind shilling Mango. FYI BB, Mangos clothes are made in the same factory in Bangladesh as Primark that collapsed (rana plaza), but unlike Primark, Mango HAS NOT compensated those injured/ killed

• Wow

salexse

Really enjoyed the IG reel she did for the Wales trip. I think that that format would work well for week in outfits etc and cancel out the opportunity for her to ramble/justify/attack/moan or speak at all. Alexis Foreman has moved over to IG TV from YouTube for her beauty bits and I think that's really working for her (I also think she seems a lovely soul as well though, which helps). The Patreon thing... What else could we expect from someone who started a Crowdfunder asking for her followers to replace her boyfriends stolen tools?! She comes over so sour

Last edited:

brerwhabbit

Does BB know what misogynistic means? (rhetorical - hahaha)

Doesn't she say when things are/aren't flattering on her ALL the TIME? As, in I'm only 5ft 3" so these pants although cropped on the website are really flattering for my height etc. So if someone says her oversized wardrobe sometimes swamps her, that's misogyny? Or because someone says she looks boring and beige. Oh that's misogyny is it? In what sense? It maybe, but definitely requires more context. Please explain.

But she doesn't explain does she? Because she just uses words she thinks sound clever or on trend (body positivity etc). Nothing against these topics, but sprinkling these terms around doesn't make them the case. Where's the analysis, Ms. I know my Duchamps from my Dalis? :rolleyes:

P.S. Art history isn't just knowing who the artist is like some form of name the painter Trivial Pursuit right? When she got that Noguchi lamp do we remember that she never mentioned Noguchi at all or went into his background? She just called it "the Japanese lamp" LOL. While he had Japanese parents he spent most of his childhood and adult life living in America and married the Japanese aesthetics with mid century American style. It's not a "Japanese lamp" at all really. I remember talking about how she didn't know any of that or bother to look it up. That he lived in a rather unfashionable industrial corner of Queens for years. It was just an expensive/classy object to her. But then she goes to the Noguchi exhibit and all of a sudden she's an expert on him having never talked about it or recognizing him in that almost full length unboxing of it. That's BB in a nutshell really (now I'm thinking of Austin Powers in a literal nutshell 🤣).

Last edited:
  • Heart

brerwhabbit

If her struggles are purely performative, as some here speculate, then that is obviously manipulative and gross. If they are real, then what does that say about us as an audience, who are literally supporting (via ad revenue, engagement, etc) this woman's public mental unraveling? It's an endless cycle.
Yup.

I feel like this is the worst possible career choice other than maybe being an ambulance driver, well okay, no, thinking out loud, maybe there are many bad choices I take that back but "influencer" is way up there, for someone with Britney's mental health worries. In the NY Times article I posted a while back the tiktoker (lol is that what they are) who used mental health as content only got worse, but never could cut the cord from it, spiraling further into the depths of ever more severe maladaptive behavior.

I noticed on this last vlog a tendency to try to reduce audience expectations on everything. I'm anxious and hormonal so... I'm not an intellectual so... I don't write reviews so... It's the latest in the "it's just a hobby"so... Don't judge me in other words. A keen strategy to be shitty at everything and then say but I told you this is not my forte.

I also agree that you can't really judge whether someone has real mental health problems and it's easy to go into the "should". She should not be anxious b/c she has so much privilege etc. Many super privileged folks are extremely sick. While it may not seem logical from the outside, one can never know all the reasons and what their life is really like. I don't think she is making this up or necessarily exaggerating.

I guess I'm stating the obvious here, sorry if I sound patronizing. I have struggled my entire life with serious, life thwarting depression and in my view we need to get away from telling people it doesn't make sense in their circumstance. That sets everyone backwards. It's not a circumstance. My sister had the same parents, the same financial worries, the same shit but did not have severe depression. Is it b/c she is stronger? Nope. Crappy level of serotonin? Bathed in testosterone in vitro? Depressed mom failed to make a proper attachment? Who fucking knows? I sure wish I did and could flip whatever brain fuse switches are flipped, uncross the wires.

That said, do I want to be my sister? No. She's fucked up in other ways and doesn't even know it. At least the depression I had forced me into therapy and I'm self aware of my own limitations. See? I can be positive. LOLOLOLOL.

• Heart

brerwhabbit

Their kitchen is so depressing. I can imagine it’ll be a young couple, similar to them, who buy it. It’s not super family friendly and definitely doesn’t look warm or cozy. But that could be because their furniture is just trendy overpriced stuff.
Hi guys, long time no talk! I've been buried under with uni. So...yeah, totally agree, they did some stuff that was their personal taste but not highly desirable to others. I remember thinking about the concrete benches in the garden - difficult to remove and not everyone's cuppa. Nice light though due to the skylights. And the kitchen was very minimal and not for cooking in. Definitely a young couple. I always thought it could do with some soft furnishings. Not fussy, just needed thick rugs etc. They could still be minimal but that would make it seem more lux, less cold. The garden with the studio is adorable.

The new house has a lot of potential but I hope they don't gut it. It has that English charm I had growing up. I grew up in a 30's semi-detached house in Bromley. I hated it then b/c every house seemed so similar but now I'm nostalgic about it. It was 1930's, perfect proportions and lovely fireplace and stained glass. Nothing fancy but warm and cosy.

I was amused by Britters being so upset about getting the keys. She was letting the mask slip. All because she needed to make a vlog about it before Australia. Tough life 🤣 Get a grip. I know it's frustrating but...there are folks out there with real issues not able to afford Christmas dinner.

• Heart

d0llhouse

She already told us what her job is in her recent careers video - working with brands on YouTube and Instagram.

Her backtracking description of YouTube as 'just a hobby' is highly disingenuous obfuscation designed solely to justify charging for content. Not cool, Brittany.

PRgift

I just can't take her seriously anymore, it's too much, the earnestness and superiority complex, the serious faux intellectual and arty image. She's like a caricature of a hipster influencer. Gail Platt reviews the reading list of Richard and Judy's book club.

• Haha
  • Heart