Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

peppin

VIP Member
Her latest campaign features her swimming in clothes that are not fitted for her petite frame: she is really channeling that minimalist scandi cool vibe so hard… but she does come off as trying too hard, and uptight.
I would want to see that second outfit on her standing straight, no fancy pose, no leaning to the side to conceal the awkward length of her trousers... it's giving:
Sj07r1qCoKK3EciOyp2pOsCz2XmJPu-5DbKGX4f_zJU.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15

brerwhabbit

I also find it very weird that she’s planning tondo this every month. That’s too much o_O every season would make much more sense or every 6 month of you actually want to consume less and more consciously

it really annoys me that the always have to make clear that she owned or wanted something for years and years or quote: „... 2 years, no I think it must have been 3 years...“ - WHO CARES?!?!
Have you guys noticed that all the influencers do this when they've owned something for longer than a month too? It's like, I've had this for 2 seasons now. Like that's a fucking lifetime. LOL. They've totally lost all perspective. Exactly, who the fuck cares. No one.

Shoot, I'm sitting here right now in boots I've had for 10 (Blundstones), socks I've had for 15 (wool ones I only wear when super cold), sweats 5, t-shirt 2 years. What would they do? They'd have to scream it from the bloody rooftop and put it on their CV. What an accomplishment! Look how sustainable I am! I'm a circle of style icon. 😂 🤣

Has she even mentioned the Patreon thing again since that first video when she went on and on about it? Did she mention it this last video. I skipped through parts (imagine that?). I thought perhaps she'd thought better of it, got scared about failing at it. You guys are so right, she should just do things and not announce a grand plan. Do we remember the year to transition to clean beauty? So many pipe dreams. If she zipped it, she'd not have to under deliver.

Last edited:
  • Haha

PRgift

The Invisalign marketing machine is working 24/7 isn't it lol I would never have put her down as someone who needed her teeth straightening. Not everyone needs perfectly straight teeth and ngl on Britters it's giving "'crackers, gromit"
This is such a typical influencer thing to do, to claim to, let's say... always have been so self conscious of your teeth and wanting to have them straightened, but not so badly that you couldn't wait for a paid partnership to present itself rather than reach into your own pocket. Seems the influencer lifestyle is no longer giving her the ick, and who cares about integrity when you can save yourself a few grand and get free braces. I just feel so cynical and done with the whole influencer charade tbh.

• Heart

brerwhabbit

I think one must be careful about mental health and making comparisons (me included - I forget this all the time). It's really hard to see BB as a person struggling b/c of all the privilege she enjoys but I do think she is struggling. Being British but having spent most of my life in America I had to unlearn several very British barriers to good mental health. I grew up with the "but there are so many others worse off so buck up and shut up" attitude but therapists here have made me realize that my depression wasn't something that *should* or *should not* be the case, it just was.

In the same sense, I think BB is constantly at conflict with herself - "I feel this, but I shouldn't because I have all this work and things" and it comes out in a stream of consciousness whine that others do not relate to or makes them feel uncomfortable. And this creates a bit of a spiral downfall b/c the more she reveals the more STFU people become. That's the hard part about depression and anxiety and part of the reason people keep it silent. Because really, depressed or anxious people are irritating. I have had major depression on and off since I was a teen so I'm saying this from that standpoint. The more you are depressed, the more you withdraw, the more of a downer you are, the more awkward you are, which does not help.

So, in that sense, I feel really badly for her.

The problem is (I think) that she is trying to dig herself out in the wrong direction - tunneling downwards. I had to laugh when I saw that book about climate change and over consumerist woes of the world. So buy a pricey book to learn about consumerism? She also has a tendency to avoid and blame others for her woes.

Have a rethink about this whole direction with the help of an objective party like a therapist, good friend etc - instead of fixating on all the mean people and criticism? Being a fashion and *lifestyle* influencer is going to be a mental health minefield, at least on occasion, to all but the most hardy of vacuous individuals. Everyone on YouTube (and Patreon!) is going to have to figure out how to side step the dog doo that comes with it.

P.S. When talking about alterations, turn the bloody camera to portrait so we can see your whole body! Streuth! How difficult is that? For a "visual artist" especially?

Last edited:
  • Heart

uhhhhhhcanwejust

Whether this is her hobby, a job that was unintentional or a source of income she didn't take seriously, moaning about it isn't a good look. She gets paid a lot and a lot of stuff for free because of the hobby/unintentional job/not serious source of income. It is totally fine to whine to friends but she literally ONLY "CREATES" instagram posts and youtube videos. Both of which she heavily monetizes. So she's going on one of those platforms, complaining and then asking viewers to pay her on patreon with the promise of creating the very content she moans about.

All the MH stuff aside, this is super unprofessional and reflects poorly on her. If she said you know what, social media and youtube is bad for me, I am taking a big break to think about my relation to this AS MY INCOME (because her income IS instagram) then fine. Totally fair. But she isn't is she? She wants to get paid and complain about it. As I said before, she's basically complaining about being considered an influencer when she is one.

This is her job. Imagine behaving this way in your job!

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Interjecting here to say that Dean also does not do it for me (Jarvis Cocker vibes? In what world???). Out of all the men in that Esquire feature, he looked the least interesting. I am a bit biased, because my bf is/was a skater, so I've been exposed to that culture; all I can say is, how can someone who's skated since he was 12 look so boring and lack so much individuality? Maybe years of being with BB has rubbed off on him. Also, this is all completely superficial and has nothing to do with his work ethic or personality, which I gather you all approve of.

I imagine BB eating pastries and drinking matcha on a cloud-shaped cushion suspended by cables that Dean has engineered to lever her up and down to adjust her view, pointing at bits he missed.
This is hilarious! Except BB's matcha would get cold because she'd be neurotically fretting over the fluffiness of the cloud cushion ("But is it too fluffy, or just fluffy enough? Should I have gone more off-white or stick with the eggshell?") and already thinking about ironing out the wrinkles in her pants.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Joannabloggs

VIP Member
Her bathroom reminds me of the girls shower room at school

In typical BB fashion she was worrying about the colour of the wall in the bathroom (various eggshells) depending on where the sun is. For context this bathroom had 1 small east facing window. One of the scenarios is the lighting when the sun is coming through the front bedroom into the hall and then finally into the bathroom

Does she not realise the door will be closed so this is not a scenario worth stressing about. Unless she plans on shitting with the door open on to get the good lighting

• Haha

salexse

Vulgar is absolutely the word for it. Especially when coupled with her complaints that she's not getting paid enough for what she does. You get paid in perks and cloth, Brittany. At one point in your life that was enough for you to want to do it, and in the intervening years you've done absolutely nothing to work towards side stepping into something that will sustain you later in life. I'm struggling to think of another industry where you would get away with doing as little as she does and be paid that much, be it in clothes, cash, ADs, endorsement fees or affiliate links etc.

occides

Fairly certain she only posted these stories to make it seem like she “started” the balaclava trend. She seems to do this a lot—“I’ve had these shoes for ages”, “I’ve been eyeing [this item] for three seasons”, “I’ve been wearing this blue/these shoes/this style for years”, etc, etc..

Sorry to always bring up copying but it is honestly my biggest pet peeve. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but I say it is the sincerest form of annoying. Anyways, I’ve noticed she has started to copy Neelam Ahooja without giving credit (as she does). In one of her latest videos she was talking about wearing a cardigan asymmetrical right after Neelam posted a photo wearing a cardigan this way. (Not to mention BB was wearing literally the exact same outfit in her vlog. If you keep watching the bottom half of her outfit is also identical.)

392A1E82-DC65-46E2-9B8D-415C90AAF8D1.jpeg
58F45CDF-5CCE-428F-99C3-8B6E32FB9586.jpeg

She also made sure to mention in her What I Would Wear vlog that she wants to style strappy sandals with socks right after Neelam posted a photo wearing strappy sandals with socks. I mean, its not as if Neelam is the first person to ever wear this but it’s just the fact that BB tries to take credit for other peoples ideas and often gets away with it because of her high follower count.

Last edited:
  • Heart

glenn_coco

Usually I can somewhat see the appeal in her style, but wtf was this:
Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 1.59.28 pm.png

Edit: Whoever posted earlier saying BB is actively dressing more editorial to differentiate that her usual oversized style is now mainstream was right (tho, let's be real, BB has always been a trend whore) – she's now accessorising with anal beads.
Screen Shot 2022-11-01 at 2.13.21 pm.png

Last edited:
  • Haha

MomoomoM

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 15.30.50.png

the proportions here....I'm baffled. To be fair, probably mostly done by a mango stylist. Eeeekkk.

• Haha
  • Wow
Just to continue what @brerwhabbit is saying: Having paying subscribers also means (but not entirely limited to) that you are beholden to them. BB doesn't owe her paying subs anything but opening up to paid content always comes at a price, and you can't give flimsy excuses like you forgot to charge camera or forgot to vlog when people are paying for the content. Not saying it'll get vicious either but i've done both the subscription model and the tip model and being consistent is a difficult game, especially when you consider something a "hobby" and not paid work.

idiotstar

I know this is old news but I was watching one of her old videos and she mentioned depop. Out of curiosity I looked at her account... she's sold 761 items... that's obscene. and i guess a lot of it is things she was gifted? just say no to free stuff. the idea of getting items for free and then selling them is so gross to me.

• Wow

MomoomoM

Another vlog, another closed comment section - but we know why ----
(These comments left on previous vlog with open comments re: current newest vlog)

Screenshot_20220301-232921.png

• Haha

EllsBellsWells

Chatty Member
I am willing to bet they’ve threatened legal action and she’s panicked and removed it. I would imagine she has messages etc showing what they’ve said and asking her to hide the ad part etc, so hopefully she won’t give in to their bullying and will speak about it again.