Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

motherofdonkeys

VIP Member
From Twitter

"When the PM was talking about remaining in power till the 2030s, he clearly meant about half past eight on Tuesday evening"

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.
Successfully took us through Brexit? It’s a clusterfuck of monumental proportions.
I genuinely can’t think of a worse person to be leading the country.
I really hope you’re taking the mick.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Rees Mogg and Patel bring out the psychopath in me. The anger that rages in me isn't normal. I'm watching him being interviewed and I want to smash things.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Tyla73

VIP Member
Better the devil you know I think. I can't think of anyone that can replace Boris! This has been a witch hunt since that Dominic Cummings started telling tales. I couldn't give a flying flup if he had a birthday cake drank some wine and ate cheese. We haven't allowed him to get on with the job.
So you don’t think him suspending parliament unlawfully, trying to get a job for his mistress, using undeclared party loans to furnish his flat and then hide the evidence, lying to Parliament over Downing St parties in lockdown, trying to change parliament rules to protect his friend who’d broken rules, overruling and obstructing his own ethics advisors, breaching international law, breaching parliamentary rules, and partying while the rest of us stayed in lockdown happened? That it’s all lies and poor little Boris is just being picked on by people who don’t like him?! Or do you accept he did all those things but you’re ok with it? Holding someone accountable for the immoral and illegal things they’ve done, which you can prove they’ve done, is not a witch hunt. He’s had every chance to get on with the job and he hasn’t, because he‘s in it for all the wrong reason and is a lazy, feckless fool. Pretty much anyone would be a better option that Boris, at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Happy Lady

VIP Member
I hope he survives too. When he took the "job" he successfully took us through Brexit, but had no idea he would have to deal with a pandemic. There are some decisions he made I agreed with and others that I didn't. And I think the majority of people would say the same. Then, there's the Ukraine war which is also affecting so much of the UK. And, we have the illegal immigrants who arrive into our country and need dealing with.

OK, so not everyone will agree with everything that's happened, the decisions made by the government. But times are changing, they need to too.

Throughout the pandemic rules were put into place - I certainly didn't agree with them all - and these rules were constantly changing as the situation changed. And now, throughout the Ukrainian war, Boris and his government continue to make changes.

Many people, and businesses, have gone through hell, but we're slowly coming through it all.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter who our PM was/is during these difficult times, or which party we vote for, they would all have an extremely difficult job ahead. We also have to take into account that Boris is actually popular with leaders in other countries.

When he was first elected as our PM I called him a baffoon and hated him, but I'm now convinced he's the best person for the job right now.

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Sick

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I find myself asking, time and again, surely, surely Johnson MUST feel some sort of shame or moral duty or compassion. I mean people do, right? People are generally decent, hard working, civil and compassionate.
And then - a friend usually - reminds me that privileged men like Johnson have led completely different lives to the people I know.
They have never worried about whether the next wage packet will cover the mortgage or bills, or make decisions about where your budget goes. They’ve never had to temporarily put a child into care because post-natal depression was so overwhelming it nearly crushed you. They've never visited a food bank other than for a PR opportunity. They’ve never had to hold down three jobs just to put food on the table. They’ve never known - and will never know - what it’s like to wear two jumpers in the house in winter because you cannot afford the heating costs.
Johnson has spent his life cosseted in wealth and riches and that opens doors. Moral duty and shame and compassion doesn’t exist in these circles because it doesn’t need to. What exists there is a clubbiness, a cosiness, which allows them to forget it. It doesn’t affect them so they don’t need to understand it. They pay lip service to it, but even then it’s with a smirk.
He has no shame and no conscience.
Arranging with Darius Guppy to have a journalist beaten up.
Being sacked by The Times for making up quotes.
Being sacked by Michael Howard for being a liar.
Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe having her sentence extended because of him.
Jennifer Arcuri.
The lies about Brexit.
The racism, the sexism, the homophobia.
Owen Patterson.
Wallpapergate.
Partygate.
Ledbedev’s peerage.
Allowing Patel to remain in position despite a report finding her to be a bully.
Making a complete clusterfuck of lockdown and the response to Covid.
Appointing a sex offender despite knowing he was a sex offender.
All his extra marital affairs and the fact that we ( and he? ) don’t even know how many children he has - and then, adding insult to injury, making the children from his previous marriage illegitimate so that he could marry Carrie Symonds in a Catholic ceremony.
These are just off the top of my head.
He should never have made it to Downing Street. He should be in prison.

• Heart

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I will never understand how children of immigrants can be Tories. Sunak, Javid, Patel and Raab’s father was a refugee. It just makes no sense when they see immigrants and refugees as scum.

Reactions: 23

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Lads! Bloody been at work all day with no time to look here. The speech was massively surreal; first he never mentions anything like resigning or stepping down. He basically did the do-si-do with words saying the Tories had decided it was time for a new leader - I can’t work out whether he couldn’t bring himself to acknowledge the truth or was getting his digs in. Both, perhaps.

Then he addressed Ukrainian people before the British people (I know the war there is dreadful but… WTAF?) then he waffled on about three decisions he allegedly got right - but cant really claim credit for any of them given most the Brexit deal was done under May and, more recently, he was happy to unpick parts of it.

The guy has literally no achievements to his name. Surviving Covid, maybe, but fraud and the spaffing of money on contracts for his buddies is hardly the best legacy is it. And the Rwanda policy? Yeah, that’s going well isn’t it.

And the palpitating media - don’t even get me started on Beth Rigby’s insulting coverage - haven’t even bothered to examine his words other than spouting shit about how pretty Carrie looked or blathered on about the leadership race already.

It’s so fucking mental, I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.

Still we get what we deserve, eh?

PS: I might have repeated what a lot of you have said. I shall go back and read the thread, and probably laugh my head off at your excellent insights 😃
Beth Rigby seems to have lost her mind. She thought Johnson’s speech was dignified? I’ve seen more dignified people rolling out of Wetherspoons covered in vomit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Lorelei

Chatty Member
Look, I’ve been gleefully laughing and clapping all day but the fact of the matter is it is completely disgusting that it’s come to this. It’s unbelievable that there are no checks and balances in place to stop this shit show. How is this democracy? He is completely unstable and now becoming a huge danger to this country. There should be legitimate avenues to allow removing someone like this from power.

Also fuck him.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

WritersBlock

I thought my hatred of the Conservative party peaked with Cameron. How wrong I was.
I absolutely hate this government and Johnson in particular. I have never loathed a politician more. He is a liar, a cheat, a gaslighter and now we can add ‘enabler’ to that list.
He has enabled sexual assault to happen. He has allowed more people to be some victims of unwanted sexual advances. Worse than that, acts as if it doesn’t matter, can be forgotten and can be forgiven. He is saying “hey, guess what! Touching up someone is OK! Crack on! Nothing to see here and if there is, I’ll pretend there isn’t! brhahaha!”
Fuck him. And fuck the Conservatives, especially those who are defending him.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Better the devil you know I think. I can't think of anyone that can replace Boris! This has been a witch hunt since that Dominic Cummings started telling tales. I couldn't give a flying flup if he had a birthday cake drank some wine and ate cheese. We haven't allowed him to get on with the job.
Witch hunt? Good grief. He WAS allowed to get on with the job! And he fucked up everything he touched.
You’ll be telling me next he’s a faithful husband. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
WTF has this country come to? I mean, I know it's been going on for years now, but honestly. Tin pot dictatorships do better than this. Going to bed in a min to watch Sky News and wonder if we will still have any form of govt by the morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

stardust21

VIP Member
I don’t understand why just because there is no clear person to take over, we should just put up with Boris….

The idea that Boris Johnson is the best this country has to offer is very damning…

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Lorelei

Chatty Member
All joking aside, the fact that he refuses to go is feeling very trumpian. These feel like unprecedented times. He simply will not go willingly and that’s really concerning.

• Heart

stardust21

VIP Member
Thread recap:

Tory MP’s have finally gained a backbone. Boris is finally facing a vote of no confidence. Boris keeps getting booed.

• Haha

WritersBlock

I find myself asking, time and again, surely, surely Johnson MUST feel some sort of shame or moral duty or compassion. I mean people do, right? People are generally decent, hard working, civil and compassionate.
And then - a friend usually - reminds me that privileged men like Johnson have led completely different lives to the people I know.
They have never worried about whether the next wage packet will cover the mortgage or bills, or make decisions about where your budget goes. They’ve never had to temporarily put a child into care because post-natal depression was so overwhelming it nearly crushed you. They've never visited a food bank other than for a PR opportunity. They’ve never had to hold down three jobs just to put food on the table. They’ve never known - and will never know - what it’s like to wear two jumpers in the house in winter because you cannot afford the heating costs.
Johnson has spent his life cosseted in wealth and riches and that opens doors. Moral duty and shame and compassion doesn’t exist in these circles because it doesn’t need to. What exists there is a clubbiness, a cosiness, which allows them to forget it. It doesn’t affect them so they don’t need to understand it. They pay lip service to it, but even then it’s with a smirk.

• Heart
  • Sad