Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
His speech was all self promotion. He seems to be planning on staying until they get a new leader too. The woman on sky news is feeling so sorry for him and going on about how lovely Carrie looks. What kind of journalism is that?!

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I'm not sure that this is over.
nor do I! how the hell can he carry on until the tories get a new leader! He can not be trusted I reckon he will cause carnage I reckon there could potentially be a vote of no confidence

His speech was all self promotion. He seems to be planning on staying until they get a new leader too. The woman on sky news is feeling so sorry for him and going on about how lovely Carrie looks. What kind of journalism is that?!
. says it all!

Reactions: 3
His speech was all self promotion. He seems to be planning on staying until they get a new leader too. The woman on sky news is feeling so sorry for him and going on about how lovely Carrie looks. What kind of journalism is that?!šŸ˜€
Think the official term for it would be ā€œshite journalism.ā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Think the official term for it would be ā€œshite journalism.ā€
I know. Even if she is a massive Boris fan she should surely be able to come up with something a bit more insightful than commenting on how cute the baby is and how lovely Carrie is. Maybe she wasn't a political commentator but then why was she there?

Reactions: 5
just seen on the ticker Kiers stammer saying that he'll call for a vote of no confidence if they let him continue to serve

Reactions: 9
I think if Sunak, Javid or Zahawi win, there will be questions being asked of the Labour Party as to why not only are they the only major party not to have had a female leader, but why there have been two female Prime Ministers and one PM of an Ethnic minority, all Tory, yet none have ever been chosen by Labour members and Unions. As a Labour voter, I do wonder why that is, considering they have far more women and Minority MP's to choose from
I agree that Labour is poor in that theyā€™ve never had a woman in charge or a person of colour, but I donā€™t want them to chose someone just for the sake of box ticking. It needs to be the right person who can win them an election. Honestly I feel they need someone like Tony Blair as unpopular an opinion as that is.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The only difference is going to be that whoever they elect is going to probably be competent enough to lie continuously without it being totally obvious
Yes and I fear Jeremy hunt may be that person. I find him chilling and Iā€™m sure his agenda is incredibly dark. Tbh he has always been my biggest fear as I suspect our deluded general electorate will be easily fooled once again.

Reactions: 4
Better the devil you know I think. I can't think of anyone that can replace Boris! This has been a witch hunt since that Dominic Cummings started telling tales. I couldn't give a flying flup if he had a birthday cake drank some wine and ate cheese. We haven't allowed him to get on with the job.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
I agree that Labour is poor in that theyā€™ve never had a woman in charge or a person of colour, but I donā€™t want them to chose someone just for the sake of box ticking. It needs to be the right person who can win them an election. Honestly I feel they need someone like Tony Blair as unpopular an opinion as that is.
I agree with you. Trouble is there is no stand out potential Labour leader of any gender or ethnicity at the moment. Starmer is bright but too cautious to really galvanise massive support. And I honestly canā€™t think of anyone else who would. That is Labourā€™s biggest issue. They need a leader who will generate major support from both their party and the electorate.

Reactions: 6
Better the devil you know I think. I can't think of anyone that can replace Boris! This has been a witch hunt since that Dominic Cummings started telling tales. I couldn't give a flying flup if he had a birthday cake drank some wine and ate cheese. We haven't allowed him to get on with the job.
bull sh1t! Boris Johnston is the cause of his own downfall!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thereā€™s a lot of labour MPs I like but I donā€™t think any of them are up to the job of prime minister. Itā€™s a shame really, I especially love Zarah Sultana

Reactions: 6
bull sh1t! Boris Johnston is the cause of his own downfall!
Agree. But I fear there is no point trying to reason with people who still support Boris. If they havenā€™t seen through his act by now they never will.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I totally agree with you on the Blair thing. He has become persona non grata in the Labour movement, but he was a winner, and you can't do anything if you don't win. I quite like Wes Streeting. I also agree about tokenism. But are there really no contenders? The members and the unions talk the talk, but when it comes down to it, don't elect women as leaders, and would I guess be even less likely to electca WOC. I don't know why.

Reactions: 2
So you donā€™t think him suspending parliament unlawfully, trying to get a job for his mistress, using undeclared party loans to furnish his flat and then hide the evidence, lying to Parliament over Downing St parties in lockdown, trying to change parliament rules to protect his friend whoā€™d broken rules, overruling and obstructing his own ethics advisors, breaching international law, breaching parliamentary rules, and partying while the rest of us stayed in lockdown happened? That itā€™s all lies and poor little Boris is just being picked on by people who donā€™t like him?! Or do you accept he did all those things but youā€™re ok with it? Holding someone accountable for the immoral and illegal things theyā€™ve done, which you can prove theyā€™ve done, is not a witch hunt. Heā€™s had every chance to get on with the job and he hasnā€™t, because heā€˜s in it for all the wrong reason and is a lazy, feckless fool. Pretty much anyone would be a better option that Boris, at this point.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So Boris intends to hang on until October to give time & space for Tory party to find a new leader, & during that period there is a routine Parliamentary recess. During the recess, MPs no longer sit in the House & the Government (PM & the Cabinet) carry on as normal.

I donā€™t know the dates for the party conferences in October, which party goes first etc, but at assume that the Tory leadership election process will complete in time for the new leader to be in place for the conference & for BoJo to have met HMTQ for the formal constitutional process to have been completed.

Correct process & all that.
BoJo would play a blinder if he cut fuel duty short term to ease up CoL crisis, some thing that Sunak et al oppose, something for the ā€˜peopleā€™. He is surely on his way out, & I reckon heā€™s going to out with a ā€™bang rather than a whimperā€˜ because thatā€™s the way he is made. Ever the showman, ever the show-off.

Reactions: 3
Witch hunt? Good grief. He WAS allowed to get on with the job! And he fucked up everything he touched.
Youā€™ll be telling me next heā€™s a faithful husband. šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.