Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I imagine Boris also still has the backing of major Tory donors and that’s why he’s staying.

• Angry
Reactions: 4
On BBC radio ulster Sir Gale is on talking about changing the rules in order to get Bojo out. Looks like its definitely on the agenda.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
With such an immense inability to feel shame he must be a genuine sociopath. He will never resign. What a mess we’re in.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I find myself asking, time and again, surely, surely Johnson MUST feel some sort of shame or moral duty or compassion. I mean people do, right? People are generally decent, hard working, civil and compassionate.
And then - a friend usually - reminds me that privileged men like Johnson have led completely different lives to the people I know.
They have never worried about whether the next wage packet will cover the mortgage or bills, or make decisions about where your budget goes. They’ve never had to temporarily put a child into care because post-natal depression was so overwhelming it nearly crushed you. They've never visited a food bank other than for a PR opportunity. They’ve never had to hold down three jobs just to put food on the table. They’ve never known - and will never know - what it’s like to wear two jumpers in the house in winter because you cannot afford the heating costs.
Johnson has spent his life cosseted in wealth and riches and that opens doors. Moral duty and shame and compassion doesn’t exist in these circles because it doesn’t need to. What exists there is a clubbiness, a cosiness, which allows them to forget it. It doesn’t affect them so they don’t need to understand it. They pay lip service to it, but even then it’s with a smirk.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
I find myself asking, time and again, surely, surely Johnson MUST feel some sort of shame or moral duty or compassion. I mean people do, right? People are generally decent, hard working, civil and compassionate.
And then - a friend usually - reminds me that privileged men like Johnson have led completely different lives to the people I know.
They have never worried about whether the next wage packet will cover the mortgage or bills, or make decisions about where your budget goes. They’ve never had to temporarily put a child into care because post-natal depression was so overwhelming it nearly crushed you. They've never visited a food bank other than for a PR opportunity. They’ve never had to hold down three jobs just to put food on the table. They’ve never known - and will never know - what it’s like to wear two jumpers in the house in winter because you cannot afford the heating costs.
Johnson has spent his life cosseted in wealth and riches and that opens doors. Moral duty and shame and compassion doesn’t exist in these circles because it doesn’t need to. What exists there is a clubbiness, a cosiness, which allows them to forget it. It doesn’t affect them so they don’t need to understand it. They pay lip service to it, but even then it’s with a smirk.
He has no shame and no conscience.
Arranging with Darius Guppy to have a journalist beaten up.
Being sacked by The Times for making up quotes.
Being sacked by Michael Howard for being a liar.
Nazanin Zaghari Ratcliffe having her sentence extended because of him.
Jennifer Arcuri.
The lies about Brexit.
The racism, the sexism, the homophobia.
Owen Patterson.
Wallpapergate.
Partygate.
Ledbedev’s peerage.
Allowing Patel to remain in position despite a report finding her to be a bully.
Making a complete clusterfuck of lockdown and the response to Covid.
Appointing a sex offender despite knowing he was a sex offender.
All his extra marital affairs and the fact that we ( and he? ) don’t even know how many children he has - and then, adding insult to injury, making the children from his previous marriage illegitimate so that he could marry Carrie Symonds in a Catholic ceremony.
These are just off the top of my head.
He should never have made it to Downing Street. He should be in prison.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Twitter hasn't been this distractingly entertaining since Trump was President.

I wonder if he has his own personal threshold for when he'll finally resign, now we've established that decision won't be based on any commendable human personality traits.

Will it be something front facing like "if X amount of ministers resign, I'll go"? Surely he's running out of loyal defenders in Parliament. Especially ones which can plausibly be given cabinet roles if needed.

Or will it be something more behind the scenes, like "once I've secured X level of funding, contracts or benefits for myself and my friends, then I'll go"?

• Sick
Reactions: 3
If he chooses to leave it will be on his own terms. He won't choose to leave. He's another Trump who believes that he is invincible.

God he makes me sick, being ripped about the pervert he endorsed and of course he the only thing he has to come back with is a quip about Corbyn. Rent free in all their heads!

Reactions: 7
The 1922 is trending. Is this a band of the grandads of The 1975?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
While Johnson is clearly lacking in these traits, it's not decency, dignity or integrity that he needs to quit. Those values would have stopped half his actions, if anything.

What's he's lacking is shame. he feels no way about what he's done or how it makes him look because he doesn't feel ashamed of it
He’s a narcissistic psychopath. He hasn’t got any shame, he feels no empathy and he won’t think he’s done anything wrong. In another life he’d have been a serial killer.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think Starmer got PMQs pretty much spot on - he was never going to yell “Resign you fat, lying duck” across the despatch box.
Turning the Pincher issue towards the effect of the assault on the victim and speaking knowledgeably from his experience as a prosecutor.
I also rather liked the “Charge of the lightweight brigade” line.

@Gym&Tonic - there’s still time. He’s going to have plenty of time on his hands in the very near future.

Reactions: 7
God he makes me sick, being ripped about the pervert he endorsed and of course he the only thing he has to come back with is a quip about Corbyn. Rent free in all their heads!
You should here what they are saying about you <behind the back of the bike sheds, nah nah na nah naaah>

Pardon my complete ignorance on these things but if things are this bad and he refuses to go can the Queen intervene in any way? (I know she's officially impartial)

Politics buffs has this ever happened before? Surely to God he's finished? He looks smug but rattled, again surely he's humiliated by all of this??
I'm uncomfortable for him.

Reactions: 1
Politics buffs has this ever happened before? Surely to God he's finished? He looks smug but rattled, again surely he's humiliated by all of this??
I'm uncomfortable for him.
Javid has basically put a hole beneath the waterline surely?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.