Boris Johnson #5 A vonc on the old conk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t they start recess soon so he won’t actually be doing anything that important anyway - unless there’s something massively important before that obviously. Unless something comes up that needs immediate attention

I obviously think he’s massively problematic but at the same time, I also don’t see the point of having a caretaker PM
Oh I see the point of a caretaker PM........ The country badly needs ...... someone stable, someone prepared to respect the laws of this country, eg.Someone who wont try and force through an unworkable deal with Northern Ireland, at the expense of the law and at the expense of any kind of workable relationship with the EU!

The longer Boris stays in No 10, the greater the danger he will leave the UK in a totally impossible situation!!

Reactions: 11
Don’t they start recess soon so he won’t actually be doing anything that important anyway - unless there’s something massively important before that obviously. Unless something comes up that needs immediate attention

I obviously think he’s massively problematic but at the same time, I also don’t see the point of having a caretaker PM
Recess is the end of next week, I think. If there ends up only being 3 or 4 candidates for leader then it won't take *that* long, maybe a week or two. The 1922 Committee will also be under pressure to expedite the timetable if at all possible.

Reactions: 9
Question Time should be good tonight. Unfortunately they’vecsent a Tory lightweight. Cabinet must have had an inkling…..

And yeah he’ll hang on do Carrie gets her big party. Hope someone shots in the punch bowl.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Lads! Bloody been at work all day with no time to look here. The speech was massively surreal; first he never mentions anything like resigning or stepping down. He basically did the do-si-do with words saying the Tories had decided it was time for a new leader - I can’t work out whether he couldn’t bring himself to acknowledge the truth or was getting his digs in. Both, perhaps.

Then he addressed Ukrainian people before the British people (I know the war there is dreadful but… WTAF?) then he waffled on about three decisions he allegedly got right - but cant really claim credit for any of them given most the Brexit deal was done under May and, more recently, he was happy to unpick parts of it.

The guy has literally no achievements to his name. Surviving Covid, maybe, but fraud and the spaffing of money on contracts for his buddies is hardly the best legacy is it. And the Rwanda policy? Yeah, that’s going well isn’t it.

And the palpitating media - don’t even get me started on Beth Rigby’s insulting coverage - haven’t even bothered to examine his words other than spouting tit about how pretty Carrie looked or blathered on about the leadership race already.

It’s so bleeping mental, I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.

Still we get what we deserve, eh?

PS: I might have repeated what a lot of you have said. I shall go back and read the thread, and probably laugh my head off at your excellent insights 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Lads! Bloody been at work all day with no time to look here. The speech was massively surreal; first he never mentions anything like resigning or stepping down. He basically did the do-si-do with words saying the Tories had decided it was time for a new leader - I can’t work out whether he couldn’t bring himself to acknowledge the truth or was getting his digs in. Both, perhaps.

Then he addressed Ukrainian people before the British people (I know the war there is dreadful but… WTAF?) then he waffled on about three decisions he allegedly got right - but cant really claim credit for any of them given most the Brexit deal was done under May and, more recently, he was happy to unpick parts of it.

The guy has literally no achievements to his name. Surviving Covid, maybe, but fraud and the spaffing of money on contracts for his buddies is hardly the best legacy is it. And the Rwanda policy? Yeah, that’s going well isn’t it.

And the palpitating media - don’t even get me started on Beth Rigby’s insulting coverage - haven’t even bothered to examine his words other than spouting tit about how pretty Carrie looked or blathered on about the leadership race already.

It’s so bleeping mental, I feel like I’m in a parallel universe.

Still we get what we deserve, eh?

PS: I might have repeated what a lot of you have said. I shall go back and read the thread, and probably laugh my head off at your excellent insights 😃
Beth Rigby seems to have lost her mind. She thought Johnson’s speech was dignified? I’ve seen more dignified people rolling out of Wetherspoons covered in vomit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Beth Rigby seems to have lost her mind. She thought Johnson’s speech was dignified? I’ve seen more dignified people rolling out of Wetherspoons covered in vomit.
😂 Shes completely out of touch. To me it was self serving drivel. Utterly forgettable.

• Heart
I've always really liked Beth Rigby... and I havent even seen the speech/her coverage. Clinging on to the hope that she's got some inside interview track so needs to keep the powers that be sweet??

Reactions: 1
I've always really liked Beth Rigby... and I havent even seen the speech/her coverage. Clinging on to the hope that she's got some inside interview track so needs to keep the powers that be sweet??
No idea, but it was cringeworthy. She also mentioned how lovely the horse-faced gold digger looked and how cute the baby is. 🙄

I am utterly convinced he hasn’t resigned and genuinely believes he’s going nowhere. Someone needs to remind the twit that leave means leave, it doesn’t mean cling on until you’ve had your wedding party .

• Haha
  • Sick
Beth Rugby sounded like a random Boris fan that sky found outside number 10 or an entertainment reporter that was drafted in because they were short staffed. I didn't recognise her voice first and I didn't think she was even a political analyst. She just sounded like a Boris fan girl.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
From the BBC

Downing Street has not denied that the prime minister and his wife Carrie Johnson have planned a wedding party at Chequers later this month.

Asked about the reports, which first appeared in the Daily Mirror and Bloomberg, a No10 spokesperson said: "The prime minister has a strong sense of duty and will continue to serve his country until a new leader is in place, solely to continue his obligation to the public.”

Chequers, in Buckinghamshire, is the country residence of the serving prime minister.

Opposition MPs have been quick to condemn the idea of Johnson and his wife holding a wedding party there.

Labour MP Angela Eagle described the plan as "grubby" and Lib Dem MP Munira Wilson said "it's always been about the parties with him".

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am utterly convinced he hasn’t resigned and genuinely believes he’s going nowhere. Someone needs to remind the twit that leave means leave, it doesn’t mean cling on until you’ve had your wedding party .
I thought this. He didn’t actually say anything about resigning. Then I wondered if my mind has been scrambled by it all. 🥴

Reactions: 3
Having him ostensibly still in "power" is such a security risk. Such a gift for Putin.

I hope Ben Wallace officially takes charge of military decisions. It's been him all along making the decisions anyway.

From the BBC

Downing Street has not denied that the prime minister and his wife Carrie Johnson have planned a wedding party at Chequers later this month.

Asked about the reports, which first appeared in the Daily Mirror and Bloomberg, a No10 spokesperson said: "The prime minister has a strong sense of duty and will continue to serve his country until a new leader is in place, solely to continue his obligation to the public.”

Chequers, in Buckinghamshire, is the country residence of the serving prime minister.

Opposition MPs have been quick to condemn the idea of Johnson and his wife holding a wedding party there.

Labour MP Angela Eagle described the plan as "grubby" and Lib Dem MP Munira Wilson said "it's always been about the parties with him".
He can fulfill his sense of duty and serve his country best by leaving office immediately.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m happy for him to prove me wrong because it’ll be entertaining, but I think people are being a bit dramatic by saying he won’t step down

Also he said it’s clear that there should be a new leader party and therefore a new PM. That’s basically saying he will be gone once they find a new leader. Whatever he said after that bit was him just pretending he’s done anything good

I’m happy for him to prove me wrong because it’ll be entertaining, but I think people are being a bit dramatic by saying he won’t step down

Also he said it’s clear that there should be a new leader party and therefore a new PM. That’s basically saying he will be gone once they find a new leader. Whatever he said after that bit was him just pretending he’s done anything good
I agree. He also said he would be sorry not to finish out his term. I think he just couldn't bring himself to say the word resign.

Reactions: 6
But if he hasn't said 'resign' then does he think he hasnt? or doesnt need to say it and then it wont happen? bleeping weasel.

My thoughts were he couldn’t bring himself to say it and maybe a teeny tiny part of him refused to believe it.
But yes @Merpedy I am also known IRL for being a bit of a drama tart 😬

But yes @Merpedy I am also known IRL for being a bit of a drama tart 😬
Aren't we all? 😂
I did see some Cummings tweet suggesting that Boris thinks if he can hang on till September he can stay after too

Will be interesting to see if Labour do bring a vote of no confidence and how that's going to go

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.