Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
Kicking off #4 with an excellent summary from
@mindlessness - no nonsense thread title from @Aude

Previous thread here:

LED Masks - Current Body, Omnilux, Dr Denis Gross etc. For more info on how these works I recommend this excellent blog. It goes into what they do, how they work etc. Great for the lazy - I just wear mine in bed for 15 minutes at night or in the morning while I make my coffee. You can get one for your decolletage too.
goalstogetglowing.com

LED Mask Comparison And A Deep Dive Into Low Level Light Therapy (LLLT) - Goals To Get Glowing
Hi! This is a super deep dive all about the science behind LED light therapy AND a comparison and information about various LED masks. To help you navigate.

Microcurrents - Foreo Bear, NuFace etc. I'm not 100% on the science of these but I think they help tone your facial mucles with little electrical currents. I definitely look more 'awake' after regular use.
Hot & Flashy is a favourite of many here, and does a good video comparing the two.

and the third 'Nifty skincare gadgets' - Foreo UFO (which also had LED, and you use with little sheet masks), Reduit (which claims to push concentrated product into the skin using a very fine mist). Reduit is new-ish and there have been mixed opinions on it here. But the UFO (and UFO 2) are well loved!

Face scrubbers - Basically where the no-longer sold Clarisonic would go. Some of us now use one of the Foreo Luna devices.

Radio Frequency devices - Sensica, tripollar, etc - a few of us have these and rate them! Improvement of texture and firmness, a less frequent treatment than nuface or led

A useful gua sha tutorial also, which is more a tool than a device:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

curiouserandcuriouser2022

I took out my UFO2 this morning, determined to give it a whirl! I’m in “cost cutting” mode at the moment…and hadn’t replenished my Foreo masks stash since running out of them before Christmas. Instead, I used a cheap n cheerful sheet mask from a multipack I had bought ages ago in TK Maxx. I ran the UFO over it (just selecting one of Foreo’s own sheet mask settings) and I felt like a supermodel all day after using it! My skin looked lovely and my makeup sat really well on my face afterwards! I do intend buying more Foreo masks again later this year, but until that happens I will continue to use the off brand variety as an economical treat!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Agreed, but theres only so much water I can consume before I have to admit I need professional intervention 🤣
After you cleanse slather your richest cream on those areas, like trowel it on so it looks like a mask, then pop some cut out sections of cling film over the top. Give it fifteen minutes or so and you should notice a significantly plumper, smoother appearance. I know this sounds odd but I learned it from a dermatologist!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I volunteer as tribute with the Luna Body; Black Friday/Christmas gift to myself just arrived so I'll start using tomorrow and report back!

I'm a big Foreo fan overall and was intending to upgrade to the latest facial version in the sales buuut the new gadget won out.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

Aude

VIP Member
I've just had my second Morpheus 8 treatment. I've had the lower face and neck treated (thanks to years of Botox my forehead is fine). Cost was £950 per session, so just under £2,000 in total. I'd been edging towards considering a facelift (I'm 70) so I'm seeing this as an alternative.

I'd been hearing good things about Morpheus 8 for a few years but have always been put off by reviews saying how painful it is. I've had Ultherapy in the past - about 10 years ago - and it was so painful that I never thought I'd go for this sort of treatment again. However, when I was seeing my aesthetic doctor for my regular Botox one of his assistants had just had a Morpheus 8 treatment and was very convincing about how pain free it had been.

I found the treatment - both treatments - completely bearable. Hardly uncomfortable at all. After the first treatment I immediately said to my doctor 'If I'd known it was so comfortable I'd have had it years ago'. He said 'Everyone says that'. According to him, it gets reviews saying it's painful because practitioners don't use the most effective numbing cream and don't leave it on long enough (mine was left on for an hour and a half). The treatment itself took about 10-15 mins - so really quite quick.

The literature says that your face will be red for a day or two afterwards but mine was hardly red at all.

It's one of those treatments that's supposed to encourage collagen production and so takes a few months for the results to show. However, I saw an improvement in some things just a few days after the first treatment and apparently these are quite common early improvements: a reduction in the size of pores on my nose, reduced sagging under my chin (apparently due to reduction in fat there) and improvement in upper lip lines. All three were things that particularly bothered me - so I'm pleased so far.

Two treatments, a month apart, is the normal protocol. Apparently some people have a third after six months. My doctor suggested that I might want to have another, single, treatment in a year or 18 months time and, if I get a good result, I probably will do that.

• Heart
I’ve finally charged up all my devices (I have an early Luna mini, a UFO 2 and a NuFace mini). I used them all today and I feel like a brand new person. Super tempted by the Luna body, my skin is always a disaster of ingrown hairs and strawberry skin. I guess I’ll see if I manage to keep up the NuFace usage first before I splash out on more gadgets.

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
How did you get on with this?
I was going to post a weekly progress report as I go along, but so far, so fab tbh. It's very much like the facial devices so I originally thought I might have preferred something slightly bigger but it fits neatly in your hand whereas a larger model would be clunky to keep hold of in the shower. It's even got a funky wrist strap to make sure you don't drop it!

I used to create massive heaps of foamy bubbles with one of those puffs but that stopped when I switched to a silicone mitt and this is the same; it won't result in mounds of soapy suds although it's clearly doing as good if not better a job of cleansing.

My skin already feels softer and smoother on the bits I'd call problem areas, like my poor dry and frequently abused knees, and I genuinely think it began preventing ingrown hairs from just a few days in which is pretty amazing.

It's a bit early to see any benefits from the massage effects but so far I'm really glad I bought it, it's been gentle on my winter skin, not irritated healing abrasions despite me forgetting about them, and leaves you squeaky clean and absorbing post shower treatments far more effectively!

• Heart

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I've had Profhilo twice and I don't rate it. I had it when it first launched and didn't think it did anything. Several year later, and having seen many positive reviews, I tried it again - and again I didn't see any improvement. In both cases I had the recommended two-treatments, four weeks apart.

Given the number of positive reviews, I think it must work for some people. My skin is generally in good condition, quite plump and well-hydrated. I imagine that Profhilo might be helpful for someone with wrinkly, dried out skin.

I also found it to be quite a painful procedure - more painful than Botox or filler injections.
I’m with Aude on this one. Profhilo did absolutely nothing for me either. I wouldn’t waste your money.

I’ve just splashed out on the Dermalux Flex. I’d been eyeing it up for ages but it’s v expensive so felt I couldn’t justify it. However, my led mask is the one device I use consistently and I do really think it’s worth it. Plus, I’ve just had some protuberant moles lasered off my face and Im hoping it will speed up healing and reduce scarring (and help my rosacea).

Last edited:
  • Heart

Lililyly

Just jumping on this thread as loving beauty devices myself- thanks for having me!

- got ziip halo- worked so well, lifting and toning was amazing and affective for a reasonable cost- but died after of a month used so decided to get a refund not a replacement. Really shame.

- got wellbox s lpg: I used twice a week on my face and belly. Belly o haven’t seen much change but face does feel a lot more lifting and firming.

- please invest in a facial steamer- over the time it will really help to clear you skin and shrink your pores, really help to brighten and radiate your skin, do it three days a week. If not just a hot (tolerable temperature not burning) pan, and cover your head in it :) it will do. Then do your usual beauty routine. I have Panasonic one and it works fine.

- tripollar is pretty good too and again keep using it to see result. I have the old gold vx one.

- dr arrivo vzusa- my best device it’s really contour your face and shape your face to be very toned. Wrinkle was a lot less noticeable, Very expensive but worth it. Well known Japanese brand. I don’t think any brand can come close. Any of the dr arrivo products work well. My sagg left side is very tone now and was very asymmetrical before but about 80% better. I used it on and off having a 2 years old, I have it for 1 year now. New version just came out after a few years, I really want it!

- Panasonic and Yaman facial / cleanser/ moisturiser- they are similar to UFO in a way- these are ok, they deep cleanse and penetrating stuff you put on your face deep in layers of your skin. It’s good to deep clean your face too, after washing your face, use the cotton pad and your micelles water, run the device on your face and the cotton pad turns dark grey! I use it on and off as busy/ lazy, but my face feels very clean afterwards.

- I used to have Clarisonic and pmd to cleanse face but my toddler broke it so thinking to get foreo now there’s discount.

- I like led too, I use a Japanese brand called exideal. And yes led is really affective.

- I love all Japanese devices!

- there’s another one I want to get but Korean which is hifu for personal use. I have seen some good results.

- oh maybe off topic: but take collagen, it really helps with your skin and body- I started taking when I was 28 for a few months and my skin was so beautiful in that period. I’m now 38 and start taking it again. The powder Is the best one to get as they are raw collagen no added weird stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Aude

VIP Member
As I understand it, as well as an initial cost of £1,999 there's an ongoing monthly cost of £99. That's the deal breaker for me.

• Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I've had the Foreo Luna 3 sensitive for years and have only ever really used the cleanser function. Last night I decided to use the massage function, the programme I selected was a 4 minute contour. I could swear it made an instant difference. I've now set myself a challenge of doing a massage every night for 30 days

• Wow
  • Heart

curiouserandcuriouser2022

I used my Foreo Bear and Bear mini this morning. When selecting my program of choice from the Foreo App, I noticed they ave a new “workout” for each device behind a paywall!
it seems to be a subscription service…pay 99 cent per month and opt out any time. Harrumph!

• Wow
  • Angry

Traazers

VIP Member
Checking in here as my new years resolution is going to be to actually use my nuface(s) and led masks every day! gonna start in the break between christmas and new year

oh I've also just emailed dermatica for a re-consultation!

• Heart

Keikochan

VIP Member
Thanks, but I’ve just spent £80ish pounds on a Simba pillow so right now I can’t really justify £120 on another.
I’d be interested if they work though.

The bra pillow thing is very sexy! 😆
Lol when you said simba pillow I auto thought it was a lion king pillow, I did not judge you on the price

• Haha

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I used my Foreo Bear and Bear mini this morning. When selecting my program of choice from the Foreo App, I noticed they ave a new “workout” for each device behind a paywall!
it seems to be a subscription service…pay 99 cent per month and opt out any time. Harrumph!
That’s absolutely taking the piss considering the price we pay already for these devices 🤬

Reactions: 7

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I don’t have any LED masks and was gonna spring g for the current body but now I’m like I could put my money towards the Lyma🤓
Sofia Richie has me sold over on TikTok I’m very easily led- if only I was richer😂
Just popping this here before you part with your hard-earned cash - make sure to read the Editor's note.

SunshineRae

VIP Member
Does anyone use an IPL for hair removal? When should I start seeing results? I know it says 8-12 weeks for full results, but I’m 6 weeks in with NONE at all - hair is still growing back just as thick, just as quick! I guess I was just hoping for SOME sort of encouraging sign by now.

I didn’t use it on its full setting the first 2 weeks as I was a bit scared of it, but 4 weeks of proper use and nothing has changed? I use it twice per week as advised and really take my time with it to cover the area properly.

I’m olive skinned with very dark hair so should be a good candidate.

Have I just bought a shit product? It was the Diamond Skin Pro which had good reviews. Am I just being impatient? X
I’ve got the Philips Lumea and not to sound dramatic but it was life changing for me. I would say I am 95% hair free now. It would be 100% but now I only do very occasional sessions and when I do I’m quite sloppy.

The key is definitely doing it religiously in the beginning and mapping out the area so you get every bit of skin. I can use the highest setting because I’m quite pale, but I was cautious to start with and used low settings and I was not seeing results. When I increased it I then started getting results after 2 sessions (hair much thinner and sparse) and after 4 (approx. 2 months) hair was not growing back.

I’m surprised it advises twice per week? Mine was once every two weeks, because you have to get the hair in the right phase of its growth cycle.