Beyond Skincare #4 Cosmetic Devices and Procedures

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've had Profhilo twice. I had it when it first launched and I didn't think that it did anything for me. About 5 years later I tried it again (because I was seeing good reviews) and, again, I didn't think it improved my skin at all.

Given the good reviews I think it must work for some people. My skin is quite well hydrated and quite plump - so maybe there wasn't scope for improvement of the sort that Profhilo can deliver for some people.

I also found it quite painful, stingy - although that wouldn't put me off if it gave a good result.

Reactions: 2
I've had Profhilo twice. I had it when it first launched and I didn't think that it did anything for me. About 5 years later I tried it again (because I was seeing good reviews) and, again, I didn't think it improved my skin at all.

Given the good reviews I think it must work for some people. My skin is quite well hydrated and quite plump - so maybe there wasn't scope for improvement of the sort that Profhilo can deliver for some people.

I also found it quite painful, stingy - although that wouldn't put me off if it gave a good result.
Thanks @Aude - it’s something I’m dithering about but don’t want to waste money. I’m older with not too many wrinkles except for around my mouth, chin. My skin has been looking tired and needs refreshing. I’ve updated my cleansing and that’s helped but I need something

Checking in here as my new years resolution is going to be to actually use my nuface(s) and led masks every day! gonna start in the break between christmas and new year

oh I've also just emailed dermatica for a re-consultation!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Checking in here as my new years resolution is going to be to actually use my nuface(s) and led masks every day! gonna start in the break between christmas and new year

I think I'll join you in that one. It would be good to get back into them as I really can tell a difference when I use them regularly

I’ve been really good with my LED and also my Sensica mini - started a top up course after a break during summer. You’ll be so glad you did! I’m doing this so I can justify a bear mini in the new year (see, old self! I DO use all my devices) 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone tried Plexr or Tixel for a non surgical upper eye lift? Really interested to hear what your results were like if so.

Reactions: 1
I finally got round to starting my routine again last night. Did the regular nuface routine (with holds) then 10 mins with my face LED and 2x 3 mins with my eye one. I couldn't be bothered to charge the neck one and the PJs I had on would've made it difficult. I'm always surprised by how little time it actually takes when I restart! It's made easier by the fact I bought a second nuface mini so I can do both sides at once.
Just need to try and keep in the habit. I've downloaded an app called habitbull where you can put in up to 5 things you want to do and how often you need to do them in a week to "pass". I've got my nuface, led and lilash on there.

What's everyone's thoughts on the nuface fix? I've had one for as long as I've had my first mini but I've barely used it - is it worth it or not worth including?

I finally got round to starting my routine again last night. Did the regular nuface routine (with holds) then 10 mins with my face LED and 2x 3 mins with my eye one. I couldn't be bothered to charge the neck one and the PJs I had on would've made it difficult. I'm always surprised by how little time it actually takes when I restart! It's made easier by the fact I bought a second nuface mini so I can do both sides at once.
Just need to try and keep in the habit. I've downloaded an app called habitbull where you can put in up to 5 things you want to do and how often you need to do them in a week to "pass". I've got my nuface, led and lilash on there.

What's everyone's thoughts on the nuface fix? I've had one for as long as I've had my first mini but I've barely used it - is it worth it or not worth including?
I got the Nuface fix when it first came out and wasn’t particularly impressed with the results. After a short use only it also developed a thin crack on the plastic around the metal heads (not been dropped etc) and i managed to return it to cultbeauty and didn’t bother to get a replacement. IMO you don’t need a separate device for the eyes if you already have a micro current device.

I got the Nuface fix when it first came out and wasn’t particularly impressed with the results. After a short use only it also developed a thin crack on the plastic around the metal heads (not been dropped etc) and i managed to return it to cultbeauty and didn’t bother to get a replacement. IMO you don’t need a separate device for the eyes if you already have a micro current device.
I had a feeling that would be the consensus. From using it a few times when I first got it I barely saw any difference and I found it easier to keep up with the routine without it. I might shove it on vinted or something

I was thinking of getting the ELE attachment for my trinity, but haven't yet. Angie from hot and flashy gets significant results from it. I am younger than her so might not get as noticeable results

Ive had electrolysis on my eyebrows. Absolutely fantastic. But i had it done by somebody very experienced. No hair has grown back and the cost was v reasonable. Id absolutely recommend it as a hair removal option but do think its better to find an experienced therapist to do it.

Reactions: 3
I was thinking of getting the ELE attachment for my trinity, but haven't yet. Angie from hot and flashy gets significant results from it. I am younger than her so might not get as noticeable results
I really wish I'd got a trinity instead of my first mini purely for that attachment

I really wish I'd got a trinity instead of my first mini purely for that attachment
I got a mini and then got a trinity so I use them at the same time. The beeps are different speeds though so after the first set I swap sides in case one side has had the microcurrent for longer!

I got a mini and then got a trinity so I use them at the same time. The beeps are different speeds though so after the first set I swap sides in case one side has had the microcurrent for longer!
I got a mini followed by another mini so I'm even more annoyed to know I could have bought the trinity the second time too! I didn't even think of that - I assumed the current would be stronger in the trinity so it wouldn't work!

I have the NuFace fix and find it a bore to use. And I wasn't prepared to buy the super expensive serum they recommend

Ive had electrolysis on my eyebrows. Absolutely fantastic. But i had it done by somebody very experienced. No hair has grown back and the cost was v reasonable. Id absolutely recommend it as a hair removal option but do think its better to find an experienced therapist to do it.
A therapist told me to go to someone who advertises as providing treatment for the trans community, as they will be fast and good because they’re used to sessions where there’s a lot of hairs to remove. It hadn’t occurred to me, but it makes sense